Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5034) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11758699 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) (5035) (5036) (5037) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon79:
Oga icon, you know that I have enormous respect for you, right? I have always seen you as one of the most knowledgeable and mature member of the forum. But why do you insist that I apologize when I haven't personally attacked anyone?

My entire post was just to warn us about making this a popularity contest because that might breed nepotism and all what not. Granted that I used the world "mediocrity" but that was not directed toward anyone in particular. It was just another way of saying that I would like us to select the BEST people. Again, I think you guys totally misunderstood the essence of my post.

O pari

So who re d best?... Oga forget talk,everybody who has contributed to dis thread so far have my respect, nobody nominate u,nobody nominate u b dat grin grin grin

Even my padi gan Sir chriskels,I no nominate am grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
elyte89:
Even my padi gan Sir chriskels,I no nominate am grin grin
Akpa amu grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
krattoss:
I think Galatasaray and Rohr goofed big time.

Why on earth will the club rule him out for that long? Abi their health medical facilities and personnels are in functional?

And why did Rohr release his list so early?
Now who is gonna make way for the dude?

Don't you think they may have seen the list before featuring him in the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
Please � full house y'all come for my rescue.i can't meet up to the needs of most academies I have had trials with,besides,am still "very" young.someone help me.i need to play football and I feel football needs me too.someone invest in me please.if it's for education,I've tried admission since 2014 till date.someone help me please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by icon4ss: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
My people, while trying to help out with info for the fellow that needed it on Football academies I got a ban for my original moniker o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hmmm madam BIBIDEAR ah sight you ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bibidear(f): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2018
do4luv14:
Hmmm madam BIBIDEAR ah sight you ooo
lol,i prefer being on ghost mode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
icon4ss:
My people, while trying to help out with info for the fellow that needed it on Football academies I got a ban for my original moniker o.

Sorry sir,still 'help out'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by icon4ss: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
Tamunotonye22:

Sorry sir,still 'help out'

Make them still ban me again? I kuku thank God say I get duplicate moniker sef. Lol. God pass them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by icon4ss: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
Bibidear:
lol,i prefer being on ghost mode

Welcome madam.

Members of the ghost mode club are also eligible to nominate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon4s:

Thank you everyone that has responded.

With 20likes and 0 shares it means we have a unanimous decision here, so no time to waste.

Next we go ahead and make nominations of Players Selection Committee members.

Please I crave the involvement of everyone in the house, including those on ghost mode.

Remember the three rules for nomination of Players Selection Committee members
1. You are to nominate one person
2. Do not nominate yourself
3. Do not nominate twice.

Ladies and Gentlemen the floor is open. smiley
i nominated Icon4s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
Pamelayoung:

Our dad is late.

Sorry to hear that. His mum's signature will do. Are you based around Abia state?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2018
icon4ss:

I don't get it. Is recommending academies a crime on nairaland or did you commit another crime you're not telling us about?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
Tamunotonye22:
Please � full house y'all come for my rescue.i can't meet up to the needs of most academies I have had trials with,besides,am still "very" young.someone help me.i need to play football and I feel football needs me too.someone invest in me please.if it's for education,I've tried admission since 2014 till date.someone help me please

What are those "needs" you can't meet up with? Is it something to do with your footballing abilities or are they asking you for bribes?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
Na wa o, this was the site that broke the news in the 1st place. Not saying this is true but I don't trust owngoal

NPFL stars Junior Lokosa, Destiny Ashadi impress on trials in China

By admin -
November 2, 2018, 8:16 pm

Kano Pillars striker Junior Lokosa and Katsina United star midfielder Destiny Ashadi have impressed on trials in China and they will return soon.

Both Lokosa and Destiny went on a 10-day “confidential” trial at the Chinese club and they are expected to return to China when the transfer window in the country re-opens.

A top source exclusively informed SCORENigeria: “Both Lokosa and Destiny have impressed on trials and they will return to the team by the time the transfer window in China re-opens.

“Lokosa has justified his ratings in China during the trials as a top striker from the Nigeria Professional Football League.

“The Chinese club are impressed with his physical strength and the fact that he can make use of both feet very well.”

On Destiny Ashadi, the source said: “The club did not just like Destiny, they love him because of his creative ability that can help them win difficult matches.

“The Chinese club said they will be very glad to have them in their squad when the transfer window re-opens.”

A special dinner was organised specially for the players by the club before they departed for their final league game away from home.

The Chinese championship will end this weekend.

Both players are now expected to return to the country this weekend.

By Wale Oyekanmi

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/11/02/npfl-stars-junior-lokosa-destiny-ashadi-impress-on-trials-return-to-china-when-transfer-window-re-opens/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Stop this, Obinwa is what they call an exception to the rule.
Was Ndidi 16? Are you saying he didn't know his age? I repeat if you are 2 days above the age limit and you turn out you are a cheat. Wrong is wrong

His entire situation is situation is shrouded in the Nigerian factor.

NFF officials demanded 100k from his mother for the MRI scan. And when he SUPPOSEDLY failed it refused to present the scan results for inspection.

The rest is shall we say is history or rather Buried for no one to see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Na wa o, this was the site that broke the news in the 1st place. Not saying this is true but I don't trust owngoal

NPFL stars Junior Lokosa, Destiny Ashadi impress on trials in China

By admin -
November 2, 2018, 8:16 pm

Kano Pillars striker Junior Lokosa and Katsina United star midfielder Destiny Ashadi have impressed on trials in China and they will return soon.

Both Lokosa and Destiny went on a 10-day “confidential” trial at the Chinese club and they are expected to return to China when the transfer window in the country re-opens.

A top source exclusively informed SCORENigeria: “Both Lokosa and Destiny have impressed on trials and they will return to the team by the time the transfer window in China re-opens.

“Lokosa has justified his ratings in China during the trials as a top striker from the Nigeria Professional Football League.

“The Chinese club are impressed with his physical strength and the fact that he can make use of both feet very well.”

On Destiny Ashadi, the source said: “The club did not just like Destiny, they love him because of his creative ability that can help them win difficult matches.

“The Chinese club said they will be very glad to have them in their squad when the transfer window re-opens.”

A special dinner was organised specially for the players by the club before they departed for their final league game away from home.

The Chinese championship will end this weekend.

Both players are now expected to return to the country this weekend.

By Wale Oyekanmi

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/11/02/npfl-stars-junior-lokosa-destiny-ashadi-impress-on-trials-return-to-china-when-transfer-window-re-opens/

The truth will be obvious soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
forgiveness:
I nominate Safarigirl. grin

I commend you bruv for extreme maturity but being incredibly magnanimous and generous, you have a big heart.

Christian ethos requires that we pray for those who disdain us and treat us badly, you have shown that.

You have not recopracated like for like, but good.

Well done.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I think Icon79 the O pari master has a point.

This might sound a bit harsh but the truth is that there are some of us here who are more experienced, exposed and able in the field of football analysis than the others. No disrespect to anybody please.

I think our focus should be on getting the best rather than the most popular or crowd's favorite.

I therefore suggest Oga Icon4s, as the visionary behind this project and a well respected person on this forum picks THE BEST 5 or 7 persons from the top 15 nominees. This way we ensure that we get the best brains as well as show respect for our democratic process.

My ten Kobo.

Forget that guy.

I've known him and his antics for too long to think otherwise.

Here is someone who is constantly reminding us about how low we are when considering our IQ as Nigerians. He is receiving as much sticks as he's currently getting because we know him and expect him to present himself as better than everyone else just caz he was opportuned to migrate to the US some 21 years ago.

He's a like a spoilt kid who thinks he's better than everyone else just Caz he's from a rich home, but that ain't how life is mate!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
komekn:

I commend you bruv for extreme maturity but being incredibly magnanimous and generous, you have a big heart.

Christian ethos requires that we pray for those who disdain us and treat us badly, you have shown that.

Well done.

you've started again.
you mean safarigurl disdain forgiveness.
sometimes it is better we keep quiet than fuel tensions and birth no existing scenarios.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by icon4ss: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

I don't get it. Is recommending academies a crime on nairaland or did you commit another crime you're not telling us about?

I only posted a link that contains the best 10 football academies in Nigeria. And then i was banned for Anti spam bot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
Kog45:
Chief you dey fall my hand o.

Truly is a faceless forum but chief you need to be brutal in addressing some idiotic posts cos a lot want to see your response.

What a hell of a post,nonsense and highly irritating.

No mediocre here for God sake abi no be super eagles brought us together
hehehehe, egbon wey no dey vex sef vex on top this one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon79:
Oga mi, I think you guys totally 100% misunderstand my post. I wasn't tryna put anyone down or call anybody a mediocre. gosh, I don't even know the folks who have been nominated sef. I might check them out over the weekend but I haven't had time to check yet. Anyway, I was just making a generalized statement ... a general assumption, if you will, that we might end up with square pegs in round holes if we throw the nomination open, as an all comers affair.

If you come down to it, I am NOT asking to be nominated. And if nominated, I might not even have the time to be effective in the committee due to the pressure on my time right now. However, I was just pointing out the need to have the right people in that committee. Not to sound conceited or anything but some of us have played this game to a very decent level. Some of us have the right connections and contacts in high and low places, both at home and abroad (a la Tbaba1234 and Joebie). Some of us have followed this game and even coached this game long enough to understand the game (a la Icon4s etc.).

That's what's driving my recommendation. My intention was never to put anybody down or for a shameless self promotion. Having said that, I formally withdraw my name from the nomination, but let's give the other 5 candidates a very good consideration.

Those are just thoughts but I would implore y'all to give those thoughts a very good consideration if we want to achieve our aim of forming this committee. There's a saying in my village that na "ora adighi atu ero". Even in the Bible, when they were about to replace Judas Iscariot, they established some standards/qualifications for the ideal candidates. They didn't threw the whole thing open for all comers.

Just thoughts ....

O pari

lol, you like to dey feel yourself sha. who wan put your name before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
komekn:

Well done.

He is not called "Forgiveness* for nothing. grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2018
tbaba1234:

The truth will be obvious soon.

Of course its either they sign or they don't
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:15am On Nov 03, 2018
Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo wants to stay at Leganes permanently.

The defender has never played a first team game for the Blues. And now he is at the La Liga side, where he has played in four games this season.

He is learning a lot from manager Mauricio Pellegrino and wants to remain after his loan period expires.

"I want to be in Leganés, in Spain," he said in an interview with Somos Lega (translated by Sport Witness).

"Play and improve here.

"I would like to continue with Leganés."

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 4:04am On Nov 03, 2018
Humility017:

you've started again.
you mean safarigurl disdain forgiveness.
sometimes it is better we keep quiet than fuel tensions and birth no existing scenarios.
wetin person no go see for here sef. So because we tend to have contrasting views most times, it automatically translates to disdain. Hailing maturity with an act of gross immaturity.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 4:39am On Nov 03, 2018
Watching psg vs lille tonight and seeing the penalty that was given to lille brought back memories of the incident in Nigeria vs Argentina at the world cup. Both incidents are similar in that the defenders both headed the ball before it hit their hand. Whereas the Nigeria own wasn't given despite all the VAR replays, lille own was given. Possibility of foul play?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bibidear(f): 6:23am On Nov 03, 2018
icon4ss:

Welcome madam.

Members of the ghost mode club are also eligible to nominate.
i cant nominate and then i get insulted........someone might call my post unintelligent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2018
nominate Forgiveness

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mummyson26(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2018
I go for chalesemeka

(1) (2) (3) ... (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) (5035) (5036) (5037) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m), KpagoGIN(m), chuks404, elyte89, Koboko99(m), Shegzdave and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.