Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11597798 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5089) (5090) (5091) (5092) (5093) (5094) (5095) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
edi287:
Don't know if this has been posted already, but thoughts?? I'd replace Eguavon with Taribo and push Yobo to rb. Tbh I'm surprised one of Keshi or Christian Chukwu didn't make it but oh well...

Dem kari Uche Ikechukwu picture put for Uche Okechukwu Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

A very typical African name.

BTW, I av bn wondering, what tribe in Plateau State bears these sweet sounding names like Gong, Nansel, Selbol, Gyang etc?

Berom, Ngas and Tarok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

Berom, Ngas and Tarok.

Chai bro, their names(synge, pam, dyeng, yem, Dung et al) dey sweet me. Very sexy and easy to pronounce. I will like to read their history bkus those names are so un West African to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

England is his comfort zone.
because he has a British passport? The coach is parochial then....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dem kari Uche Ikechukwu picture put for Uche Okechukwu Lol

Lool I didn't even notice at first grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
ChrisKels:

Chai naija my country. We crafty die. Is anybody thinking what im thinking?

An African adage said something about killing two birds with a stone grin grin

I tell you bro...with this invitation and should the younger one get to play for nigeria...the elder one in Germany will swiftly consider playing for the super eagles......
that's a plus for us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
edi287:
Don't know if this has been posted already, but thoughts?? I'd replace Eguavon with Taribo and push Yobo to rb. Tbh I'm surprised one of Keshi or Christian Chukwu didn't make it but oh well...

I will pair Ukechukwu with Keshi and move Yobo to the right back position. Also I will replace Finidi with Mathematical Segun Odegbami. Muda Lawal, Adokie, Rufai, Chairman Chukwu would be on the bench for sure, all wonderful players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
edi287:

Ikechukwu Uche's picture for Okechukwu, that's lazy from SuperSports.

This seems to start from the 1990s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:03am On Nov 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Chai bro, their names(synge, pam, dyeng, yem, Dung et al) dey sweet me. Very sexy and easy to pronounce. I will like to read their history bkus those names are so un West African to me.

They've got really funny sounding names.

Beroms - Jang, Kim, Dung, Chung, Kangyang, kachollom, Nyam, Weng Pam e.t.c

Ngas - Golkit, Polit, Gotum, Gomwalk, etc

Mangu - Nwanret, plangdes, Nandes, Pankyes, Lukyes etc.

Jarawa - Aweng, Apam, Atang

Plateau state is a state rich with different cultures.

Haven't had the opportunity to read about their history though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:04am On Nov 15, 2018
edi287:

I can't have Yobo in the place of Chukwu or Keshi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 1:01am On Nov 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Pakistan, Iran and Israel are wonderful places for real hustlers.
yeah true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:39am On Nov 15, 2018
SlayerForever:
Belgium are top of the Men Football rankings. Joint top with Les Blues.

If erstwhile lowly Belgium can do it,any national team can do it. It just takes Organization and Transparency.

No. It takes only an Eden Hazard. grin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:48am On Nov 15, 2018
I must say I am really impressed with Aigbogun's scouting prowess. Imagine him calling an almost unknown player from Argentina and a Jayden Bennetts from Watford's lower teams. Shows he knows his job and has been combing extensively for players. Unlike Onigbinde who will wait for fans to start shouting their heads off before he notices a new player. Ebere Eze is a case study!.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 4:07am On Nov 15, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I must say I am really impressed with Aigbogun's scouting prowess. Imagine him calling an almost unknown player from Argentina and a Jayden Bennetts from Watford's lower teams. Shows he knows his job and has been combing extensively for players. Unlike Onigbinde who will wait for fans to start shouting their heads off before he notices a new player. Ebere Eze is a case study!.

I'm sure you are one of the fans that fought the good of fight for Jamilu Collins and Tyronne Ebuehi to be invited. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:41am On Nov 15, 2018
Thank God Isaac Success went through the MRI at U17 else we no go hear word for here about age cheating.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2018
Opponent watch

SAFA statement on SA training

"In the last three training sessions, the team has concentrated mostly on defensive setup, methodical build-ups with greater emphasis on shooting at goal in which the players took turns to rain shots at goal,”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 6:53am On Nov 15, 2018
super eagle future

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:17am On Nov 15, 2018
How Bafana Can Qualify For AFCON 2019…

By Soccer Laduma

Bafana Bafana face Nigeria this weekend in a crucial African Cup of Nations qualifier, with Stuart Baxter’s side knowing exactly what they need to do to reach the showpiece in Cameroon.

As things stand, Bafana sit in second place on the Group E log with eight points from four games and two matches to play. As things stand they are the only unbeaten team in the group but will have been disappointed to drop points against Libya at home and Seychelles away.

That being said, Baxter’s side could leapfrog Nigeria and book their place in Cameroon on Saturday afternoon if they’re able to beat the current log leaders at FNB Stadium, with 11 points meaning that neither Libya nor Seychelles will be able to catch them.

Even a draw could be enough for Bafana if Seychelles manage to avoid defeat at home against Libya, and a shock win for Seychelles would mean that even a loss for Bafana in Johannesburg would see them qualify ahead of the Libyans.

However, with Libya expected to at least get a point at Stade Linite, anything less than victory will see the group go down to the final game, with Bafana facing Libya in March for a spot at Cameroon 2019.

Simply put, if Bafana don’t lose either of their final two games then they will be off to the AFCON next year, but a defeat in either game could leave them requiring favours from elsewhere. In short, it’s all in their own hands.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:03am On Nov 15, 2018
Clementoke:
How Bafana Can Qualify For AFCON 2019…

By Soccer Laduma

Bafana Bafana face Nigeria this weekend in a crucial African Cup of Nations qualifier, with Stuart Baxter’s side knowing exactly what they need to do to reach the showpiece in Cameroon.

As things stand, Bafana sit in second place on the Group E log with eight points from four games and two matches to play. As things stand they are the only unbeaten team in the group but will have been disappointed to drop points against Libya at home and Seychelles away.

That being said, Baxter’s side could leapfrog Nigeria and book their place in Cameroon on Saturday afternoon if they’re able to beat the current log leaders at FNB Stadium, with 11 points meaning that neither Libya nor Seychelles will be able to catch them.

Even a draw could be enough for Bafana if Seychelles manage to avoid defeat at home against Libya, and a shock win for Seychelles would mean that even a loss for Bafana in Johannesburg would see them qualify ahead of the Libyans.

However, with Libya expected to at least get a point at Stade Linite, anything less than victory will see the group go down to the final game, with Bafana facing Libya in March for a spot at Cameroon 2019.

Simply put, if Bafana don’t lose either of their final two games then they will be off to the AFCON next year, but a defeat in either game could leave them requiring favours from elsewhere. In short, it’s all in their own hands.

They will lose both games tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2018
isan:
super eagle future
Are these guys playing in a mud? Y are they this dirty nah? angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2018
junnyjake:

England is his comfort zone.

I was about to write the EXACT same thing that you wrote

Gosh!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:28am On Nov 15, 2018
Humility017:

because he has a British passport?
The coach is parochial then....

Everybody has a comfort zone,these coaches are not robots

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 8:31am On Nov 15, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I must say I am really impressed with Aigbogun's scouting prowess. Imagine him calling an almost unknown player from Argentina and a Jayden Bennetts from Watford's lower teams. Shows he knows his job and has been combing extensively for players [s]Unlike Onigbinde who will wait for fans to start shouting their heads off before he notices a new player.[/s] Ebere Eze is a case study!.

I bet it was you that noticed Jamilu Collins, Uzoho, Idowu, Semi Ajayi and Ebuehi

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2018
junnyjake:

Are these African names? Golkit, Polit, Gomwalk, Plangdes, Nandes, Pankyes Lukyes, Chung, Weng, Dung, Kim etc? Man these guy's history is worth reading.

When u hear names with "gb, kp, kw, nd, nw et al, for instance Gbajabiamila, Pogba, Angban, Drogba, Ndidi, Chikwe, Nwamkpa, Olada(k)po et al, u go know say u dey West Africa. Dat said, painfully I dont kno many native hausa names, too bad they threw away everything for the Arab culture. Beats me how person name go be Alhassan ibrahim, Musa Mohammed et al, even some yeye igbos dun dey adopt such craziness where person name go be Luke Moses, Ezekiel John. I come dey wonder why people aint proud of their identity. We too like foreign things I swear. I avnt really noticed that with d Yoruba nation. A Yoruba go everly put a Yoruba name next to his either Christian or Muslim name, it was like that with igbos till this brainwashed indomie generation igbo parents came
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2018
Earthquake2:

I was about to write the EXACT same thing that you wrote
Gosh!
We're in the spirit then. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2018
Humility017:
because he has a British passport? The coach is parochial then....
Don't be so hard to please grin grin
He invited a kid from Argentina. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:46am On Nov 15, 2018
junnyjake:

You omitted one popular one amongst us here : The Scout Master Dalung . AKA United States of Nigeria grin

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

Are these African names? Golkit, Polit, Gomwalk, Plangdes, Nandes, Pankyes Lukyes, Chung, Weng, Dung, Kim etc? Man these guy's history is worth reading.

When u hear names with "gb, kp, kw, nd, nw et al, for instance Gbajabiamila, Pogba, Angban, Drogba, Ndidi, Chikwe, Nwamkpa, Olada(k)po et al, u go know say u dey West Africa. Dat said, painfully I dont kno many native hausa names, too bad they threw away everything for the Arab culture. Beats me how person name go be Alhassan ibrahim, Musa Mohammed et al, even some yeye igbos dun dey adopt such craziness where person name go be Luke Moses, Ezekiel John. I come dey wonder why people aint proud of their identity. We too like foreign things I swear. I avnt really noticed that with d Yoruba nation. A Yoruba go everly put a Yoruba name next to his either Christian or Muslim name, it was like that with igbos till this brainwashed indomie generation igbo parents came

Now, you're making it attractive for me to go back and hug my history books. grin

Very true about the Yorubas, both at home and diaspora.

Only Christians in the north bear Hausa names. Example: Godiya, Nasara, Nakure Dogara Yohanna, Ayuba, etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:50am On Nov 15, 2018
Icon4s:

You omitted one popular one amongst us here : The Scout Master Dalung . AKA United States of Nigeria grin

Chai!

This Tarok man we de fall my Plateau people hand.

The governor self na another clown on him on level.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

I know a good number of Yorubas that bear both names as English names. Although u right ,they are actually rare compared to most other Nigerian ethnic group.

Meanwhile come to Niger-Delta where you will see names like: Shell Manager, Chevron Giant etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2018
ChrisKels:

And when religion came, it made us look at ourselves and history as inferior, reason why we jettison our identities for the ones our colonialists offered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2018
Icon4s:

I know a good number of Yorubas that bear both names as English names. Although u right ,they are actually rare compared to most other Nigerian ethnic group.

Meanwhile come to Niger-Delta where you will see names like: Shell Manager, Chevron Giant etc.

I skipped niger-delta on purpose because those ones are a lost course.

Mind u, I said Niger-delta not South South because my efik, ibibio ppl still holding sway with their Akpan Udoh grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5089) (5090) (5091) (5092) (5093) (5094) (5095) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GeneralDae, Truidstarr, opes and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.