Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647205 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5099) (5100) (5101) (5102) (5103) (5104) (5105) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
Cameroun U-17 ladies denied us via away goals rule. We even scored a last minute winner in Yaounde but it was ruled out, thus we missed out on this U-17 WWC for the first time since it began in 2008.

daveP:
I'm lost at why we aren't there. What's happening to our football?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
@Thesupernerd, we can't really apply the French formation. That midfield is the issue. Ogu-Agu is a time bomb. We should all be prepared for not seeing Ndidi tomorrow cos it will look like Asif Nigeria still never learn if we aren't careful. That's my only concern.

Giving Sam the 10 jersey might be a tactical idea to confuse the bafana. Iwobi will play that role still.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Cameroun U-17 ladies denied us via away goals rule. We even scored a last minute winner in Yaounde but it was ruled out, thus we missed out on this U-17 WWC for the first time since it began in 2008.

so we can't see the new Rasheedat Ajibade, the Ordega and Co? Mehn. sad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
I used Etebo-Ogu not Agu-Ogu....

And of cos Iwobi will be our creative hub tomorrow... But having an extra creative force on the wings who also constantly runs at the SA defence and cutting in unpredictably will give those southies lots to worry about... This will help relive some pressure on our central midfield duo of Etebo and Ogu. It will also take some pressure off Iwobi as he may struggle to dictate plays at some point. He has not mastered that art just yet. We can't have only Iwobi as the Creative threat.. having him and Samuel Chukwueze will be double wahala and with a Nacho on field to work in synergy with them while partnering Musa upfront, we could have a chance with our lean midfield.

We need to go at those guys... because if they come at us constantly, we will crumble.

daveP:
@Thesupernerd, we can't really apply the French formation. That midfield is the issue. Ogu-Agu is a time bomb. We should all be prepared for not seeing Ndidi tomorrow cos it will look like Asif Nigeria sill never learn if we aren't careful. That's my only concern.

Giving Sam the 10 jersey might be a tactical idea to confuse the bafana. Iwobi will play that role still.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I used Etebo-Ogu not Agu-Ogu....

And of cos Iwobi will be our creative hub tomorrow... But having an extra creative force on the wings who also constantly runs at the SA defence and cutting in unpredictably will give those southies lots to worry about... This will help relive some pressure on our central midfield duo of Etebo and Ogu. We need to go at those guys... because if they come at us constantly, we will crumble.

Better still then. But I dunno the SA guys to be pressure cookers. lol.

But their speed....

Iwobi is still the key though to the wing idea. Then his switching....

Goodluck to Success starting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
I modified the comment you earlier quoted to add a few more points.

Meanwhile...

The Southies are hard runners and at that altitude (over 1500 m above sea level) at 3pm local time in Johannesburg, they will wanna run us into the ground so that they hit us even harder in the second half. We need to play smart and also be on the offensive for a good part of the game and not on the defensive. We need to control the game. We also have to conserve our energies so that we are not taken apart limb from limb in the second 45. I hope the altitude does not have such prominent negative influence on our plays.

daveP:
Better still then. But I dunno the SA guys to be pressure cookers. lol.

But their speed....

Iwobi is still the key though to the wing idea. Then his switching....

Goodluck to Success starting.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Meanwhile...

The Southies are hard runners and at that altitude (over 1500 m above sea level) at 3pm local time in Johannesburg, they will wanna run us into the ground so that they hit us even harder in the second half. We need to play smart and also be on the offensive for a good part of the game and not on the defensive. We need to control the game. We also have to conserve our energies so that we are not taken apart limb from limb in the second 45. I hope the altitude does not have such prominent negative influence on our plays.

Or we can pretend to be ready for them running at us and using the counter only game. They don't do well when not with the ball.

Let our forwards try to get a PK within the 1st 25mins. This would ruin any plan they have.

That altitude may affect our middle especially Iwobi, but not aboki-made Musa!! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
daveP:
@Thesupernerd, we can't really apply the French formation. That midfield is the issue. Ogu-Agu is a time bomb. We should all be prepared for not seeing Ndidi tomorrow cos it will look like Asif Nigeria still never learn if we aren't careful. That's my only concern.

What are your reasons for saying that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

What are your reasons for saying that.
Which exactly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Meanwhile...

That was their main purpose for taking us there not the big crowd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
daveP:
Which exactly?

The Ogu-Agu are time bombs part
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2018
Exactly Marvellous one. That is what their entire game plan is hinging on. The altitude at the FNB. Well, sebi it is tomorrow... I wish us the best. I know the boys are raring to go.

BascoVanVeli:

That was their main purpose for taking us there not the big crowd

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2018
Rohr on #RSANGA:

"I've noted South Africa haven’t conceded any goals, so we would like to be the first team to score a goal against them. We’re coming here not to play for a draw, which could be enough already for us to qualify, but to try and win."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ademola Lookman?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Yara Yara is fine. He's been occupied for quite some time too.

Good to see you too Sir Do4Luv... So what have you done for love today? wink

noting much, jst chilling

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The Rabona pass grin cry

Chaaaiiii... Oooooohhh Marvelous one... Why??!!! Why hast thou awakened these sweet memories that gives me mixed feelings... On one hand, I smile at the memories... But on the other, it makes me weep at the state of Yahaya's current progress.

Iwobi for say, "Bia Musa II, wey you learn your own ball sef? You Sabi oooo... I swear down!"

Modified:

Lemme drop the pass here for posterity sake... Ohhh Musa Yahaya... Such talents!!! Heavens!

The pass for the assist and the goal is seen at 0:24 - 0:29secs secs of the video. Gabby Jesus do us strong thing that day too shaa... Bad pikin. Lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU7MpwqDboI

abeg who be that ode keeper?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The Ogu-Agu are time bombs part
my opinion is they won't fit and that's an issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
Can We play Iwobi in the 2nd half instead? who's with me on this? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2018
daveP:
my opinion is they won't fit and that's an issue.

I know it is your opinion I asked for an explanation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
Danielnino00:

Moses's retirement from the national team is turning out to be a blessing. If he was still around, the likes of Onyekuru, Kalu and Chukwueze won't be getting their opportunities.. The same way Uzoho won't have gotten his opportunity if Enyeama or any of the older goalies had returned.. The truth is there are some players in the national team who at some point become more of a liability than an asset.

Your proposition is premature.

It will only be a blessing if they are actually better than him VM because right now they are not. They may be in time to come but in the HERE & NOW they are simply not better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
Hmm. What if after we secure our ticket to the AFCON tomorrow our own Victor Moses announces that he has rescinded his decision about his retirement?.

What will be your reaction?.

Great news, WELCOME BACK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2018
daveP:
Can We play Iwobi in the 2nd half instead? who's with me on this? grin

Hmmm,it's like you want Nigerians to have Rohr for lunch especially with what happened in Russia against Argentina grin. Abeg,Iwobi should start cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
AIG07:
The bolded is my major concern...

Having a slow Ogu in the Middle paired by a tactically indiscipline player in Agu is nothing but a recipe
for.......

How I wish Shehu is around. He would have been a better option in front of the back four.

On paper, we don't stand a chance...

The bold is very apt and a huge concern.

And some are predicting a cricket score because we are the SE we just need to turn up an we will win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
Germany are relegated to League B in Europe grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
Cameroon knocked us out in the qualifiers if I’m not mistaken
daveP:
I'm lost at why we aren't there. What's happening to our football?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2018
Unlimited22:
Ademola Lookman?
What's with him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
komekn:

Your proposition is premature.

It will only be a blessing if they are actually better than him VM because right now they are not. They may be in time to come but in the HERE & NOW they are simply not better.

How long have they spent in the SE for u to conclude that they aren't better than him ...

Wait self, where did I say they are better than him??/

You should better be more worried about how Moses will get a new club in January since it's already in the open that Sarri doesn't need him....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Arewa28: 11:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nigeria vs South Africa: We Are Here For The 3 Points – Musa Speaks Ahead Of AFCON Qualifier
http://fc4naija..com/2018/11/nigeria-vs-south-africa-we-are-here-for.html?m=1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2018
Like Dutch Football, Like Nigerian Football: Akin moments

Just a moment away from the #RSANGA tie, I just wanna give recognition to the comeback of Dutch soccer. They dominated a lethargic and Pogba-less French team and that young midfield New generation Franz Beckanbeaur called Frenkie De Jong was My MOTM. What a complete midfield dominance. The lad is quick, can defend, can attack, can create... He can do everything in midfield and he is just 21. Not that I am surprised as I have been following the lad for well over a year plus but I haven't exactly given him much mention because this is the Super Eagles thread.

I remember a discussion on here on whether Dutch football is gonna come back to its Glory days. Well, today was the answer. I recall stating that it is only a matter of time before the Orange Gang of Holland make a roaring comeback with the talent pool they boast of right now in defence and Midfield especially and also in attack. Patience is key in all things and we can see how The Dutch are rising again so powerfully amd beautifully. This is akin to what Nigerian football is currently experiencing now. Like the dutch over a year ago, we are also in a metamorphosis and hopefully by the time of Afcon 2019 next year, we would see a more imposing and more powerful and beautiful playing Super Eagles.

Dutch football has been on a rise for a while now recently and the win against France a few hours ago have further sealed their comeback. Would be exciting seeing this Dutch team at Euros 2020. Welcome back Die Oranje!!!

And this lad called Frenkie De Jong... Mark my words, he will be a top world class midfielder within the next one to two years. He is that good.... I fell in love with his style early last year. He is the new generation Franz Beckanbeaur. A midfielder but also a lad who brought back the libero role when played in Central defence at certain times for Ajax last season... He is another super star on the rise. Man City or Barca will suit him nicely.... Arsenal too but I don't see Arsenal landing him.

Kudos Frenkie.... Making football even more beautiful to watch. Carry on the good work lad....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by khunz: 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
RSANGA : With that high altitude, Rohr will surely not start with our best available 11players.And justified by certain level of fatigue against Libya in the 2nd half in Libya.

Well known old trick ,contain them first half and unleash in the 2nd half.

So obviously South Africa will be all us like bees in the 1st half,which will be their undoing based on our forwards pace.

Best of luck to our team because we really need it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:00am On Nov 17, 2018
AIG07:
The bolded is my major concern...

Having a slow Ogu in the Middle paired by a tactically indiscipline player in Agu is nothing but a recipe for.......

How I wish Shehu is around. He would have been a better option in front of the back four.

On paper, we don't stand a chance...
cc Bascovanveli

That's my answer...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
Cameroon knocked us out in the qualifiers if I’m not mistaken
Betters days ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5099) (5100) (5101) (5102) (5103) (5104) (5105) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Stillwater10, ThanosKilla(m), elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.