Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11672230 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5111) (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
elyte89:
We all can c ighalo and Mikel.is still very much relevant to dis team,most especially mikel cool
when I said the difference between this match and the previous one is Balogun, I was almost stone to death.

We scored Seychelles 3 and we were singing our players to high heaven and excusing them for poor performance attributing it to the poor pitch wasn't it the same pitch Libya walloped them by 7 good goals?

One thing is very sure. These boys won't realise their potential under Rohr's tutelage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
comodo:
I haven't heard Ezenwa is match rusty. Its either he is a lucky guy or his jazz is from Sudan. He seems to get lucky every time.

Both goalkeepers were practically on vacation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
Utonwanne:

Oga it happens in football. Tau can do that sh*t to Ramos, Chiellini, Bonucci, et al. Omeruo wasn't so bad on that marking, Tau just executed excellent footwork.
Did you watch the passes that led to Taa's burst into the box? Omeruo lost Tea who peeled away and had ample time to turn and face him
Anyhow our back 4 needs help
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
comodo:
I haven't heard Ezenwa is match rusty. Its either he is a lucky guy or his jazz is from Sudan. He seems to get lucky every time.

That's because he was on holiday - not much to do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
To em haters and xenophobes tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
You dey see road bro. The duo of ogu and etebo were confused and lacked the agility and calmness to unleash Alex. If one start to clamor for better players now few here will remind you of the goal ogu scored against Algeria and how etebo was our best player at the world cup
junnyjake:
Iwobi overplayed and over-imposed himself, reason why he tired out so quickly and his decision making - not so great as the game carried on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
I'll still blame Rohr for this game.. There was no need to.play a 3-5-2 today . It rendered our wing play useless . Collins at some point in the second half became confused as to whether he was playing CB or LB. Even Kalu was ineffective. A 4-2-3-1 with Success starting would have been better..

Seriously I hate it when we draw and lost some games we could have won under Rohr .. The man's decision making is poor. even if we win the afcon,he is still not the right man for the job...This team of ours is young and full of talents... Rohr just doesn't know how best to utilise them...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
krattoss:
Thank God south Africa next game is away to libya. I don't see them robbing libya over there in North Africa.

I can bet my left balls that south Africa bribed those lines men.
Wait, isn this Same southies that robbed Senegal on worldcup qualifying in this Same FNB.?
Latter after replay Senegal won them on replay and the Ref fired.

See am vexed right now, if pinnick doesn't exercise his authority as caf vice president and investigate this match, I wont be happy with him atall.
And anyway south Africa can never win this Libyan national team.
Thanks for this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
oloriooko:

Did you watch the passes that led to Taa's burst into the box? Omeruo lost Tea who peeled away and had ample time to turn and face him

Our defenders did more than our attackers as regards to today's match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:

I suggest iheanacho should be left out of the super eagles for now. Bobo Don regress no be small.

I have been shouting this same line since last year. But unfortunately, "emotive prejudice" blinded the eyes of some of us here.

For now, Osimhen is miles ahead of Iheanacho.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Danielnino00:
I don't know which one was more painful. Iheanacho failure to properly trap the ball and score or the referee denying us two clear goals . This was a game we should have won...

Nacho own is very painful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Badosqi:

SA are fond of doing this. Did the same against Senegal

We should give the Senegal treatment. NFF should write CAF for the probe of this game

SA did nothing, the fault was from ref and his men
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
I was expecting Rohr to protest the horrible officiating at the end of the match interview but the old donkey couldn't utter a word. Shameful.

This is slowly becoming a pattern, African sides are robbing us and getting away with it. First it was Algeria being awarded a non existent penalty and being spared a clear red card, now two clear goals discounted against SA. If we continue to tolerate this rubbish it will affect us one day in a crucial match.

Pinnick and Rohr must insist on an investigation into this match. This thing is no longer funny.

Coaches and players aren't allowed to criticize referees, at best he could state that we scored two clear goals but anything further than that is a sanction.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
Danielnino00:
I don't know which one was more painful. Iheanacho failure to properly trap the ball and score or the referee denying us two clear goals . This was a game we should have won...

Bro...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

I have been shouting this same line since last year. But unfortunately, "emotive prejudice" blinded the eyes of some of us here.

For now, Osimhen is miles ahead of Iheanacho.

Asi kpụ ọkụ n' ọnụ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
The point is in the absence of Mikel you should have a solid alternative to Iwobi regardless. Eze comes to mind. Even Mikel will not give you 100% every matchday. You always need to have a solid replacement in every department. That’s our problem.

Anybody who still defends Rohr is simply blind. At the end of the 1st half I already knew it was not a good day for Iwobi and KC. But Baxter was still the first to make the first sub. What bothers me about this team is that Rohr have kept most of the players together for about 3 years now, but we cannot still string good passes consistently. On the other hand, SA have brought On several new names but you can always count on them to give u a good game regardless of the result.

IMO this team will not win the AFCON.
elyte89:
We all can c ighalo and Mikel.is still very much relevant to dis team,most especially mikel cool

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
Chai, dis one got me grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Utonwanne:

Our defenders did more than our attackers as regards to today's match
Because we came for a draw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
Danielnino00:
I'll still blame Rohr for this game.. There was no need to.play a 3-5-2 today . It rendered our wing play useless . Collins at some point in the second half became confused as to whether he was playing CB or LB. Even Kalu was ineffective. A 4-2-3-1 with Success starting would have been better..

Seriously I hate it when we draw and lost some games we could have won under Rohr .. The man's decision making is poor. even if we win the afcon,he is still not the right man for the job...This team of ours is young and full of talents... Rohr just doesn't know how best to utilise them...

3-5-2 was because of the loss of midfielders to injury. And Samuel Kalu was our best man by far. For a WF to play the wing back role so effectively is commendable.

It's not the coach's fault that Iheanacho lost his ability to control today nor is it his that the officials denied us two good goals.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
oloriooko:

Because we came for a draw

Because we were robbed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
The guy really impressed me today but he need to work on his free kicks
TheLoneCitizen:

3-5-2 was because of the loss of midfielders to injury. And Samuel Kalu was our best man by far. For a WF to play the wing back role so effectively is commendable.

It's not the coach's fault that Iheanacho lost his ability to control today nor is it his that the officials denied us two good goals.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
Rohr fawked up big time today. First with the starting formation. Why change the 4-2-3-1 that got us three consecutive victories leading to this match?. Food for thought.

Second with his shocking inability to read the game as it progresses. Even a layman could see that SA was killing us from the wings. Kalu, apart from the own goal he caused, was out of sorts at RWB. We were struggling to move the ball from defence to attack. The logical thing would've been to switch to a our normal four man back line. But Rohr.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
The guy really impressed me today but he need to work on his free kicks

What I like about him the most is that he apologized for every mistake or error made.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2018
EEGA:
Because he is too attack minded.
he had a knock in training check Collins twitter handle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
Who else noticed that after the match, Rohr wasnt able to analyse the match technically and tactically too, unlike Baxter, rather he was busy eulogising Tau and helping SA with their permutation as regard their away match to Libya?

Clueless coach

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
i blame ogu mainly for not putting any effort to atleast bring tau down. our defense line was decent today. collins jamilu impressed me too. ekong have improve alot and omeruo playing regularly in la liga was evident today. he was composed and assured on the ball.
oloriooko:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
bros e don do abeg! rohr been try snatch ur wife? this man since coming in as the teams manager hv been able to build a decent and young team that have qualified for the world cup and today qualified for afcon which we have failed to qualify for the past 2 editions.

ChrisKels:
Who else noticed that after the match, Rohr wasnt able to analyse the match technically and tactically too, unlike Baxter, rather he was busy eulogising Tau and helping SA with their permutation as regard their away match to Libya?

Clueless coach

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
Oh mehn pikin full nairaland oooh

See how this boy just copied my post verbatim to fb cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
In my opinion, this game reflected an excellent display of tatics, and how mature our team has become tactically..

Say what you like, if Nigeria really needed to win in this game, we would have won.. We didn't even leave third gear and could have won the game still, if not for some dodgy calls from the linesman..

At the end of day, great tactical play, some poor defending though on conceding the equalizer, pure lack of concentration ..

Great game in the end.. Cameroon here we come

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
Libya just beat Seychelles 8 - 1. South Africa should prepare for war against Libya

i can't wait for that matchcheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
the inability to move the ball from defense to attack was solely the fault of the midfielders especially ogu and etebo. the team balance was okay but would have been better if the aforementioned duo kept the ball as iwobi did before he gassed out. rohr and the nff should make contact with the likes of onomah,ejaria,billing and eze. i believe the team will be stable if any of these of this players are given a chance. for now we lack quality in the middle.

Curtisaxel7:
Rohr fawked up big time today. First with the starting formation. Why change the 4-2-3-1 that got us three consecutive victories leading to this match?. Food for thought.

Second with his shocking inability to read the game as it progresses. Even a layman could see that SA was killing us from the wings. Kalu, apart from the own goal he caused, was out of sorts at RWB. We were struggling to move the ball from defence to attack. The logical thing would've been to switch to a our normal four man back line. But Rohr.....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

Clueless coach

I noticed it too. Everything Rohr said there is what any layman would say. No comment on tactics and strategy. No in-depth game analysis, nothing. Just rambling about nothing.....

In many ways Rohr reminds me of Buhari. Old, dull, slow to react, unintellectual, incoherent of speech and seemingly unaware of events happening around them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5111) (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bigblangston, TheGoodJoe(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.