Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670902 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
Joebie:
The point is in the absence of Mikel you should have a solid alternative to Iwobi regardless. Eze comes to mind. Even Mikel will not give you 100% every matchday. You always need to have a solid replacement in every department. That’s our problem.

Anybody who still defends Rohr is simply blind. At the end of the 1st half I already knew it was not a good day for Iwobi and KC. But Baxter was still the first to make the first sub. What bothers me about this team is that Rohr have kept most of the players together for about 3 years now, but we cannot still string good passes consistently. On the other hand, SA have brought On several new names but you can always count on them to give u a good game regardless of the result.

IMO this team will not win the AFCON.
Spot on. But does Rohr know this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bros e don do abeg! rohr been try snatch ur wife? this man since coming in as the teams manager hv been able to build a decent and young team that have qualified for the world cup and today qualified for afcon which we have failed to qualify for the past 2 editions.

Then, that automatically masked his flaws?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
krattoss:
Oh mehn pikin full nairaland oooh

See how this boy just copied my post verbatim to fb cheesy
lol, he dey model you.

We are all here to learn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

I noticed it too. Everything Rohr said there is what any layman would say. No comment on tactics and strategy. No in-depth game analysis, nothing. Just rambling about nothing.....

In many ways Rohr reminds me of Buhari. Old, dull, slow to react, unintellectual, incoherent of speech and seemingly unaware of events happening around them.

One word sums up the man. "clueless"

Eagles have never had such an unambitious coward of a clueless septuagenarian as a coach. Man is an excuse of a national team coach, little wonder he is full of excuses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Supersunny2(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
AIG07:
when I said the difference between this match and the previous one is Balogun, I was almost stone to death.

We scored Seychelles 3 and we were singing our players to high heaven and excusing them for poor performance attributing it to the poor pitch wasn't it the same pitch Libya walloped them by 7 good goals?

One thing is very sure. These boys won't realise their potential under Rohr's tutelage.

The same Libya we beat home and away?
This is the first time in a very, very long time that Super eagles now qualify for tournaments without Nigerians praying for one team to lost, draw or get banned if possible, for us to qualify...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

I noticed it too. Everything Rohr said there is what any layman would say. No comment on tactics and strategy. No in-depth game analysis, nothing. Just rambling about nothing.....

In many ways Rohr reminds me of Buhari. Old, dull, slow to react, unintellectual, incoherent of speech and seemingly unaware of events happening around them.
Had Rohr lodge a complaint to the fourth official or better still vent his anger on the first disallowed goal, I don't think the ref and linesman would have been more cautious with their calls.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
krattoss:
Oh mehn pikin full nairaland oooh

See how this boy just copied my post verbatim to fb cheesy

Lol. The boy for acknowledge you at least na.

Na small pikin sha. Forgive am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Watch the boys thank God and celebrate in the dressing room.
I lost big amount of money today, no Thanks to those homosexuals xenophobic idiots..

But in anyway.. I follow the boys thank God. cheesy cheesy

https://twitter.com/NGSuperEagles/status/1063825363736891399?s=20

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liamm(m): 5:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
Rohr is one hell of a bloody tactically inept opportunist. Those saying he qualified us for world cup and now afcon, pray tell. If a tactically sound manager was to inherit the crop of talents at Rohr's disposal, we would never have had a shambolic world cup outing coupled with the performances. The wins we've managed to grind out under Rohr mostly came out of individual brilliance and not his techniques nor tactics. That old man needs to leave. Baxter would do a better job

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

One word sums up the man. "clueless"

Eagles have never had such an unambitious coward of a clueless septuagenarian as a coach. Man is an excuse of a national team coach, little wonder he is full of excuses.

Lol chriskels you no go kill me with laugh

Only all this words for rohr?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
The NFF needs to submit a petition to FIFA for a probe into the officiating. Irregularities must be seen to be discouraged at all times.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
AIG07:
Had Rohr lodge a complaint to the fourth official or better still vent his anger on the first disallowed goal, I don't think the ref and linesman would have been more cautious with their calls.

Sometimes you have to be a little un-nice with these officials.

Do you think any linesman can try this rubbish for Jose Mourinho and get away with it? José would've raised hell on that pitch immediately....

But our own dear white Onigbinde just sat in a corner, meek and mild, while his team was continually robbed in broad daylight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2018
We win they grumble, we draw they complain, we lose they bleat
Which way undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Do you think any linesman can try this rubbish for Jose Mourinho and get away with it? José would've raised hell on that pitch immediately....

But our own dear white Onigbinde just sat in a corner, meek and mild, while his team was continually robbed in broad daylight.
And the hell will get him off into the stands, and Nada will happen. The decision still stands

All this omoota mentality y'all bring here is irritating at best

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Liamm:
Rohr is one hell of a bloody tactically inept opportunist. Those saying he qualified us for world cup and now afcon, pray tell. If a tactically sound manager was to inherit the crop of talents at Rohr's disposal, we would never have had a shambolic world cup outing coupled with the performances. The wins we've managed to grind out under Rohr mostly came out of individual brilliance and not his techniques nor tactics. That old man needs to leave. Baxter would do a better job

Oga what do you mean by opportunist?

So if you are a gambler, you do put money for Nigeria to qualify in a group comprising Croatia and Argentina?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

thats why I love mourinho.
Dude could have caused a brawl and scenes today.

Nigeria lacks that thug mentality and I hate that too much angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Danielnino00:
I'll still blame Rohr for this game.. There was no need to.play a 3-5-2 today . It rendered our wing play useless . Collins at some point in the second half became confused as to whether he was playing CB or LB. Even Kalu was ineffective. A 4-2-3-1 with Success starting would have been better..

Seriously I hate it when we draw and lost some games we could have won under Rohr .. The man's decision making is poor. even if we win the afcon,he is still not the right man for the job...This team of ours is young and full of talents... Rohr just doesn't know how best to utilise them...
He played 3-5-2 because he didn't trust the midfield he picked.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
not really but we need to commend him for the good work he has done so far.no one is perfect even great managers like pep,jose and almighty fergie do have their own flaws and bad days as well. atleast since rohr took over the team, nigerians do not turn to statistician anymore during qualification of any tournament. we qualified for the world with ease in a team that had 3 afcon winners and after losing our first match against SA in afcon qualifications the team bounced back winning 3 matches in a row and earned a point away from SA who were comfortably leading the group earlier.

even at the world cup the team tried and even won iceland who were tagged giant killers at the last euro and missed qualifying by the whiskers against the argies in a well contested encounter.common bro! rohr has done more good to the team than bad just in the space of two years
ChrisKels:

Then, that automatically masked his flaws?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
edi287:

He played 3-5-2 because he didn't trust the midfield he picked.
If Rohr knows his onion he had better hustle out another "Ndidi" for us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
Mafialeader:
I hope you know success doesn't press as much as nacho to push back the SA defenders especially with the draw he had in mind to play.

Ok. If we were playing for the draw it makes more sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Didn't watch the game but this was the result I expected.
Let's just thank God we've qualified. Criticizing Rohr is taboo to some so yeah. Rohr will get exposed against the big guns if he doesn't change.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liamm(m): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
Utonwanne:

So if you are a gambler, you do put money for Nigeria to qualify in a group comprising Croatia and Argentina?

I can spot similarities between you and Rohr. You never believe it's achievable.

Same way no one believed Leicester city could win the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
he should first try and coach his village team first before accusing rohr for being tactically inept. nonsense!
Utonwanne:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:31pm On Nov 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
If Rohr knows his onion he had better hustle out another "Ndidi" for us
He'll have no problems with that. Those are his favorite type of players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
i wonder ooo my brother lol
Odunayaw:
We win they grumble, we draw they complain, we lose they bleat

Which way undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
edi287:

He'll have no problems with that. Those are his favorite type of players
We'd be in deep mess if for whatever reasons the unfortunate injuries and cards affect our team in the tournament proper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Ogu didn't look so slow to me o

His wise.. Always giving space before he mark his man... But his still slow..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
Plastic fans are on the loose today.. grin grin grin

Complain, complain.. Complain .. Kai.. At least make una try enjoy the fact say una qualify now, it's been a while na Wheewww..

Someone even said this team will not win afcon.. grin grin An event that is still a long time away , the season is still long..

But then, let's remember, this super eagles have traveled to the south, east, west, north, of Africa Since the loss against southafrica, and have not lost against any African team either home or away... And since then, we have never played a game against an African team, without scoring at least 1 goal...

How African many teams have this record??

I can bet, that even if we had eqypt, Ghana, Ivory Coast in our group, this Nigeria team will still qualify .. Such a professional team, this group of guys have become..

In my opinion sha, if Nigeria fails to win afcon, na bad luck.. Why? Because rohr and his team has shown they know how to grind out needed results against African teams ..

Show some respect guys, show some respect ..

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
To be honest, I will pick Baxter over Rohr. Tactically I believe Baxter gonna be a good Pick. He's just unlucky, unfortunate with the Bafana Bafana.

I am not sold on Rohr to win even a Spoon for the Super Eagles. He is too dull for my liking! We were robbed, yet he made no reaction during and after the Match?

Damn.. .he's too Clueless to lead us to the promised Land.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
Liamm:
I can spot similarities between you and Rohr. You never believe it's achievable.

Same way no one believed Leicester city could win the league.

Yea,, I think you are right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
The #RSANGA drama..... My take - Part 1

1). Firstly I want to address those always insulting Gernot Rohr to have some dignity and show some respect for the man. He just officially qualified us for our First Afcon in bloody FIVE years!!! The last time we were at the Afcon was in 2013 and Missed out on the last two editions in 2015 and 2017 especially when we had no business missing out. Rohr has brought us back into it despite losing the first game. He lost the first game in the Qualifying series but he have had gone on to top this group and bring us back into the Afcon party. He deserves respect and commendation for that first before the usual knocks on his tactics and some decision makings can kick in again. I also have certain things against Rohr but bottomline... Rohr has delivered on his mandate so far and must be commended. The next focus now shifts to gearing up for an assault on the Afcon title.

2). This is for those who will inevitably (ohhh they already have actually... Surely won't miss such sweet belittling opportunity would they? After all, to some here, it is their Oxygen on this thread... Lol) come here to resume the "Nacho is crap" song.

Now listen, Nacho was having a decent enough game until that moment of absolute nonsense. He was simply supposed to stop the ball and tap in!!!... Come on, it is a bloody tap in!!! Not hard to do now is it? The real Nacho will bury that every day of the week even with his eyes close but today... No f**King way!!! He lost it! He totally bottled it. I mean, what an arrant show of rubbish in that one moment. Something is definitely psychologically wrong with that young man at the moment and he needs a re-touch of the anointing.

Butttttt.... I won't allow that one moment blind me to the other parts of the game where Nacho did show up. It is not as if he was the only one who had such a bad moment... Iwobi too was crap for the later parts but it is because he tried to do so much at the same time with no end product in sight. He tried to press and orchestrate at same time... Which is not possible and he tired out and he started giving away balls in the middle and in certain critical moments. Musa was one of our best today but he too had one or two bad moments but the worst just have to be Nacho's because his was a f**King goalscoring opportunity!!

Anyway, aside that one moment of Lukaku "first touch" syndrome from Nacho,

- Nacho was the one who created the first goal wrongly ruled out for offside. He found Musa, who was actually onside, intelligently before going ahead to convert the return pass. That was a legitimate goal but wrongly cancelled. Game went on...

- Nacho even after that bad first touch moment which is a major taking point, went on to still show flashes of his brilliance with a beautiful side-heeled key pass for Kalu which was a chance that didn't yield fruit in the end.

- Nacho linked up well in the beginning of the game and was having a very decent game on the left side of attack in the final third but the truth is that Iwobi didn't create much either. Musa who is obviously the fastest player in the Super Eagles and one of the fastest of the continent even had to rely on his pace to carve out a few runs and half chances.

In all, Nacho may have had that very silly first lukaku Moment but He is still a quality player with lots to offer. This is definitely a bad psychological episode for the lad and he needs to bounce back soon. I trust he will be back from all these nonsense going on in his head...

In fact, what am I waiting for? That Demon of bad first touch trying to corrupt the talents of Nacho!!! That Evil and vain spirit of Lukaku first touch syndrome... Be gone!!! Just imagine if this was a WC final and that was a final chance for us to win and Nacho's first touch issues resurrected again outta no where? Tufiakwa!!! This syndrome gotta go!!! Kabayakata!!! Huberenambatooombaa!!!! That Demon of the most ludicrous first touch of the Lukaku kind... Lose your grip over Nacho!!! What nonsense!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
you will pick baxter who from leading the group is now not sure of qualification to a rohr who from behind topped the group and now have qualified for afcon. bros i hail thee! the same libya your baxter couldnt win at home were walloped home and away by the less fancied rohr. the same seychelles baxter couldnt beat away were beaten by rohr and also walloped mercilessly today by the libyans. bros i hail thee again!
Oasis007:
To be honest, I will pick Baxter over Rohr. Tactically I believe Baxter gonna be a good Pick. He's just unlucky, unfortunate with Bafana Bafana.

I am sold on Rohr to win even a Spoon for the Super Eagles. He is too dull for my liking! We were robbed, yet he made no reaction during and after the Match?

Dman.. .he's too Clueless to lead us to the promised Land.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5112) (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, kentebemoney, shawwal1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.