Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,876 members, 7,851,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11877514 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5178) (5179) (5180) (5181) (5182) (5183) (5184) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:
Today is my birthday. I wanna show my face to y’all lol.

Happy Birthday. I now understand the Kelly. Let the girls understand the -cute aspect. lol.

Llnp.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
komekn:

Can somebody remind me how old he is as well as Ribieri.

Still at the top if the game and as soon as our players hit 29 we write them off. Obagoal comes to mind.
You wana start?

Obagoal was still balling at 33. Cmon. And you want me to always totally believe you have your facts right before you comment?
Robben is 34 and injuries have been a part last year. He is getting back to form now. Same as the Everly injury prone Ribery.

in the last decade, mention players that were still balling like Obagoal?

You know what, my conclusions are final! What's the meaning of all this?
undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
daveP:

Happy Birthday. I now understand the Kelly. Let the girls understand the -cute aspect. lol.

Llnp.
lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:
thank sir. Come to silicon oasis, Dubai lol we dey wait you with the cake and briyani

No wahala bro, I dey come buh on one condition that u go arrange me one Arabian yummy diva grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
ChrisKels:

No wahala bro, I dey come buh on one condition that u go arrange me one Arabian yummy diva grin grin
Yes na, base on who you be! I loyal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
daveP:
You wana start?

Obagoal was still balling at 33. Cmon. And you want me to always totally believe you have your facts right before you comment?
Robben is 34 and injuries have been a part last year. He is getting back to form now. Same as the Everly injury prone Ribery.

in the last decade, mention players that were still balling like Obagoal?

You know what, my conclusions are final! What's the meaning of all this?
undecided

Obagoal is 34 and still balling ,he is still recovering from that injury he picked at the Chinese league ,either 6 months or 7 months I think he will be back soon .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:

lai lai ti lai lai ah no go carri last oya collect am,

HBD WULLP......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:

Happy birthday to you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
19 year old Sunderland forward Josh Maja could make his international bow for Nigeria when they begin preparation for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations next year, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Maja who trained with the Super Eagles in London during their camping exercise has taken the English League One by storm this season with 11 goals in 18 games for Sunderland.

He is now the second highest goal scorer in the English third tier and that has caught the attention of the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria, who has him on his list.

Born in London to Nigerian parents, the forward is yet to be capped at national level by both nations meaning he won’t be needing a clearance from FIFA to play for either countries if invited.

Left with a year to run on his current deal with the Black Cats he is rumored to be on the radar of top teams in England although Sunderland are pushing him to sign an extension.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:
19 year old Sunderland forward Josh Maja could make his international bow for Nigeria when they begin preparation for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations next year, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Maja who trained with the Super Eagles in London during their camping exercise has taken the English League One by storm this season with 11 goals in 18 games for Sunderland.

He is now the second highest goal scorer in the English third tier and that has caught the attention of the coach of the senior national team of Nigeria, who has him on his list.

Born in London to Nigerian parents, the forward is yet to be capped at national level by both nations meaning he won’t be needing a clearance from FIFA to play for either countries if invited.

Left with a year to run on his current deal with the Black Cats he is rumored to be on the radar of top teams in England although Sunderland are pushing him to sign an extension.

This is good news

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
owngoal and fake news
charlesemeka85:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
komekn:

My goodness.

Something like that

I am bewildered you make an allegation and you then do a U turn and say something like that.

It is either I did or I did not. You made the allegation not me. Haba your a lawyer, you should know that.

OK... You win cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:

Happy b'day cutekelly.... More blessings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
it's a lie both of us share the same birthday sweet grin more blessings and favour to you bro

kellycute:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
chrisooblog:
it's a lie both of us share the same birthday sweet grin more blessings and favour to you bro

wow.. so you are also Nov 28! I go support you on any side of arguement you dey o lol. God blessing upon you too. Happy birthday sir!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
Utonwanne:

Happy b'day cutekelly.... More blessings
thank you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
realpoacher:

Happy birthday to you sir
thank sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
yes o us ''twins'' gats stick together blessings on you too chief

kellycute:
wow.. so you are also Nov 28! I go support you on any side of arguement you dey o lol. God blessing upon you too. Happy birthday sir!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:

Again no sauce? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
wayodude:

Again no sauce? grin

The source should be owngoalnigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
“We Cannot Force Solanke And Lookman” — Rohr
Bryan Efe

Head Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr has admitted approaches to Liverpool U23 star, Dominic Solanke, and Everton winger, Ademola Lookman for a possible switch of allegiance from England to Nigeria. Both players have represented England in the junior level but are still eligible to play for Nigeria through their parentage.
Speaking to Sports Editors, the coach said the players were not convinced about their future with Nigeria, as they remain dedicated with making progress in the England set up. The Franco-German coach said:

“Lookman and Solanke are not convinced. They have not made up their minds so we will allow them to decide.

“We will go back to them later, but we cannot force anybody to play for us. It is very important decisions for them to make.”

Nigeria has succeeded in the past in luring players who have initially played in the young England set up. Some of them include: Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina, and Semi Ajayi. These players have all earned caps with Nigeria, and there is a waiting list of players as well who have declared to represent Nigeria instead of their country of birth, England.

-spotkik
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Onyekuru starts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
Mikel Not Certain To Make My Squad For AFCON 2019 – Rohr Reveals, Plans To Try 50 Players Before Cup Of Nations
November 28, 2018

Captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria John Obi Mikel could miss the Africa Cup of Nations unless he meets some certain conditions, coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr has revealed.

Football Predictions. Online And Free
Mikel is yet to play for the Super Eagles since their exit at the group stages of the World Cup in Russia but yesterday he confirmed he is still willing to continue his role as captain of Nigeria, clearly shutting down any talks of retirement from international football.

Rohr however thinks otherwise insisting that he has to be at his best physical shape to make his team to the Cup of Nations because that is his first criteria for calling players to the national team and the captain is no exception to the rule.

“I respect Mikel, he has done a lot for the national team. He is always in the team’s plan but he has to be playing regularly like other players that would eventually be invited and must be fit,” Rohr said in Lagos.

DONT MISS ==> Super Eagles Trainee Ebere Eze On Target For QPR In Six-Goal Thriller
Speaking further on how he intends to prepare his team for the AFCON in Cameroon next year, the coach said he plan to run the rule on over 50 players starting from the dead rubber AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles in Uyo.

“I am happy with the performances of the new Eagles. They are fighting and giving us more open options. We are looking at about 50 players to assemble ahead of AFCON. The last Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, will also be another test ahead of the tournament.

“However, there will be more test across Europe and China, myself, Alloy Agu, Yusuf Salisu will combine all the leagues there as well to get the best legs in our preparatory plan without also exempting Nigerian Professional Football League players.”

— OGN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2018
kingphilip:
does this settle the whole thing now?

You are educated, conversant and articulate.

Consider the allegation verbatim below

The quote and allegation "
lol.....i can never forget how Komekn came here to tell us Iheanacho's career has ended in Leicester

Does what I have said by any stretch of the imagination equate to the totally false allegations quoted verbatim above

You can't even hide under the giuse of misunderstanding and or ambiguity. It's mischievous and it utter falsehood.

What then would call the person who made this allegation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
Joebie:
“We Cannot Force Solanke And Lookman” — Rohr
Bryan Efe

Head Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr has admitted approaches to Liverpool U23 star, Dominic Solanke, and Everton winger, Ademola Lookman for a possible switch of allegiance from England to Nigeria. Both players have represented England in the junior level but are still eligible to play for Nigeria through their parentage.
Speaking to Sports Editors, the coach said the players were not convinced about their future with Nigeria, as they remain dedicated with making progress in the England set up. The Franco-German coach said:

“Lookman and Solanke are not convinced. They have not made up their minds so we will allow them to decide.

“We will go back to them later, but we cannot force anybody to play for us. It is very important decisions for them to make.”

Nigeria has succeeded in the past in luring players who have initially played in the young England set up. Some of them include: Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, Ola Aina, and Semi Ajayi. These players have all earned caps with Nigeria, and there is a waiting list of players as well who have declared to represent Nigeria instead of their country of birth, England.

-spotkik

Lazy journalist didn't do his basic homework before publishing. Semi never played for England youth at any time indeed his first professional league game was when he was 22.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Exactly why he didnt need a change of allegiance.
komekn:

Lazy journalist didn't do his basic homework before publishing. Semi never played for England youth at any time indeed his first professional league game was when he was 22.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:
hbd bro! More life! More Blessings!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
Who's starting and who's not?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:

Hbd bro! Wishing you all the best in life

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
kellycute:

Kele, Happy Birthday. Have a bash.

I like your pix.

Hmm. .day go still come wey we go all show our pictures here one by one. Lol. I don show my own partially before though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Joebie:
Mikel Not Certain To Make My Squad For AFCON 2019 – Rohr Reveals, Plans To Try 50 Players Before Cup Of Nations
November 28, 2018

Captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria John Obi Mikel could miss the Africa Cup of Nations unless he meets some certain conditions, coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr has revealed.

Mikel is yet to play for the Super Eagles since their exit at the group stages of the World Cup in Russia but yesterday he confirmed he is still willing to continue his role as captain of Nigeria, clearly shutting down any talks of retirement from international football.

Rohr however thinks otherwise insisting that he has to be at his best physical shape to make his team to the Cup of Nations because that is his first criteria for calling players to the national team and the captain is no exception to the rule.

“I respect Mikel, he has done a lot for the national team. He is always in the team’s plan but he has to be playing regularly like other players that would eventually be invited and must be fit,” Rohr said in Lagos.

DONT MISS ==> Super Eagles Trainee Ebere Eze On Target For QPR In Six-Goal Thriller
Speaking further on how he intends to prepare his team for the AFCON in Cameroon next year, the coach said he plan to run the rule on over 50 players starting from the dead rubber AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles in Uyo.

“I am happy with the performances of the new Eagles. They are fighting and giving us more open options. We are looking at about 50 players to assemble ahead of AFCON. The last Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Seychelles at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo, will also be another test ahead of the tournament.

“However, there will be more test across Europe and China, myself, Alloy Agu, Yusuf Salisu will combine all the leagues there as well to get the best legs in our preparatory plan without also exempting Nigerian Professional Football League players.”

— OGN

To be honest, my mind has already moved on without Mikel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
Joebie:
November 28, 2018

— OGN

He can as well try 100 players.. We know at least 20 of the 23 man squad already... IMO,the March games should be prosecuted by a fresh squad.. Foreign born plus home based players.. We can arrange a friendly with a smaller African team.. From there we can pick the best performers when d afcon preparation starts... Rohr isn't ballsy enough IMO...He seems scared of dropping some regular underperforming players in the team...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5178) (5179) (5180) (5181) (5182) (5183) (5184) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), johnjunior39(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.