Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,769 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11965288 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5229) (5230) (5231) (5232) (5233) (5234) (5235) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Nigeria should lure this Bukayo Saka kid if possible. Really talented 17 year old.

I think it's already too late.

This kid will soon play in the first team and England will be calling. We should do it before they blow not afterwards.

We are still debating in NFF about Ebere Eze and Josh Maja, we are moving at snail pace and the NFF are committed.

It's a Joke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2018
Mickael2:

Point is you pointed that he isn't really a good striker, for me he is average, I have been saying that since Rio. Lacks pace, falls over himself while running, where do I even begin? But in here some of his close friends what us to believe that he is better than Ighalo

Agreed without reservation

Simple truth very hard for some to swallow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2018
gamaliel9:

The EPl or Scottish whatever does really suite latin American players.... few who are physical can survive it...unlike Italian and Spanish league where they thrive best...i think Sadiq Umar falls into their class...he is not kpim-kpim-kpim grin grin type of footballer....he succeeded in Holland and even Italy to an extend....his football is more at ease with less show of physicality

Should i give you list of latin american players that flourish in the epl?

Abeg no dey call scotland league,a latin american will rather go to saudi arabia than to play in scotland, scotland league is a very crappy league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2018
elyte89:

Cc....Charlesemeka85 ,komekn cool

The issue is the delusional euphoric hyperbolic frenzied worshipping of average unproven talent. By the fanatical and any refusal to join the orgy of self deception is termed unpatriotism.

Constructive criticism is in this context considered to be a personal declaration of war, against all things Nigerian.

"why some people make it a point to ridicule our youth talent is befuddling"

But all these views and emotive and baseless deductions make matters here, great humorous entertainment . Otherwise it would be so boring.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Nigeria should lure this Bukayo Saka kid if possible. Really talented 17 year old.

So you judge a player after one game that he is talented and he should be called up?

What happened to chuba akpom after the hype?

Now you guys have forgotten about him, i am not saying you are among people that hype him oo, making an example

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2018
andrew444:

Should i give you list of latin american players that flourish in the epl?

Abeg no dey call scotland league,a latin american will rather go to saudi arabia than to play in scotland, scotland league is a very crappy league

Camelion, shame small na, when Sadiq arrived you didn't say that, you can change mouth Chei !!!

Can I give you a list of Latin players who flopped in the EPL as well.

Then compare that list to players from the EPL that flopped in Europe if any.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2018
andrew444:

So you judge a player after one game that he is talented and he should be called up?

Now you guys have forgotten about him, i am not saying you are among people that hype him oo, making an example

Chuba Akpom never ever won a MOTM award he only excelled in youth football otherwise in the senior game he was largely anonymous.

With regards to this small boy in Arsenal he has played two games. Double standard man, how many games did Chukwueze play before his call up. And how many MOTM dis he win.

Add to that this boy is confirmed and substantiated beyond all doubt 17 even looks like a 14 year old. There is clear potential yet to be proven it's early days but still good potential.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Chuba Akpom never ever won a MOTM award he only excelled in youth football otherwise in the senior game he was largely anonymous.

I will take you serious when you stop judging a player by man of the match award.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Camelion, shame small na, when Sadiq arrived you didn't say that, you can change mouth Chei !!!

Then compare that list to players from the EPL that flopped in Europe if any.

Am not a camelion,you know i have always critisized sadiq, even apart from me blaming gerard

Anyway almost all english players flopped outside the epl, just the way joe hart disgrace him self at torino, lol

For your information........ 2 latin american players sent Joe hart out of mancity...... Claudio bravo and Ederson

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Then compare t[b]hat list to players from the EPL that flopped in Europe if any[/b].

Does english players go outside their league? No

Stop deceiving your self okay,you cant do this with me as am not a novice

Should i start from Micah richards who failed at fiorentina? Lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:01am On Dec 14, 2018
How many LA Liga matches you see chukwueze before u start to hype am?
andrew444:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:02am On Dec 14, 2018
Please go and vote then you can come back and continue the discussion:

https://www.nairaland.com/4897410/nairaland-nigerian-football-fans-awards/2

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2018
I think Iwobi can do the magic for us. The kid is very talented and starting with the u23 team won't be a bad one. I think we may get him if the nff and Rohr re serious about him. Some folks here will tell u we don't need him because we have wingers in abundance but they fail to understand that having a larger pool of super talented players in our disposal will make the super eagles great again.
komekn:

I think it's already too late.

This kid will soon play in the first team and England will be calling. We should do it before they blow not afterwards.

We are still debating in NFF about Ebere Eze and Josh Maja, we are moving at snail pace and the NFF are committed.

It's a Joke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2018
The kid is super talented. The nff should approach him through Iwobi. Currently he is an England u19 player
komekn:

When a boy who just turned 17 in September is the stand out player against men, in his second professional game. You can not easily ignore that.

Add to that voted MOTM by Skysports, I wonder what his value is now.

Finally, this boy looks like a 14 year old real small boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:09am On Dec 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
How many LA Liga matches you see chukwueze before u start to hype am?

I didn't hype him but I said he got the talent

Chukwueze first Villarreal game made me happy ,but did you hear me mention for him to be invited ?

When rohr invited him I said it's too early self .

Because one bukayo saka played one game and you guys are saying invited ?

But we have others guys doing well in others league but we won't hear invite him

But when it's a U.K. Born player he is automatically good enough ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:13am On Dec 14, 2018
Bros no one is saying invite but to lure him to change allegiance to us. He mustn't play a dozen of matches for u to notice his talent. If succeed in getting him the best bet for him is the u23 team where he will be elevated gradually to the super eagles. The boi is talented so I doubt the nff will just fold their hands without atleast give it a try to get him. He looks up to Iwobi alot so I believe Alex can do the magic for us.
andrew444:

I didn't hype him but I said he got the talent

Chukwueze first Villarreal game made me happy ,but did you hear me mention for him to be invited ?

When rohr invited him I said it's too early self .

Because one bukayo saka played one game and you guys are saying invited ?

But we have others guys doing well in others league but we won't hear invite him

But when it's a U.K. Born player he is automatically good enough ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:14am On Dec 14, 2018
We should go all out for him and seek Iwobi’s assistance.He could be an asset as LB. We only have Collins right now, and I don’t see our LB problems going away.

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2018
Ex Nigeria U17 Star Kingsley Michael Picks Up MVP Of The Year Award Of Serie B Side Perugia

Komekn will not see such man of the march award seems this one is not English born player

The komekn I know values man of the match more than the FIFA player of the year

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Bros no one is saying invite but to lure him to change allegiance to us. He mustn't play a dozen of matches for u to notice his talent. If succeed in getting him the best bet for him is the u23 team where he will be elevated gradually to the super eagles. The boi is talented so I doubt the nff will just fold their hands without atleast give it a try to get him. He looks up to Iwobi alot so I believe Alex can do the magic for us.

If this is what you mean then I agree with you 100 percent

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2018
andrew444:

Lol

I will not call pep a racist because of nacho ,if I call pep a racist I will do so because of Samuel eto and yaya toure Barca days ,pep sold eto to inter millan and added money to get zlatan who does that ? He was successful at Barca for anyone to see anything about that

But if I may remember Seydou keita of Mali was one of the player guardiola love most

Yes leaving rangers is not the end I know ,he is just 21 so there is much time

I am calling carragher a racist because as a pundit if an English player makes some mistake he will never criticize him but he will do such for others nationality ,Alberto Moreno has always been the scape goat for many criticism despite that klop love him so much ,any match Liverpool losses fingers are pointed to Alberto Moreno.

What about balotelli time at Liverpool ? Yes I know he flopped but he was never loved at Liverpool from day one ,make I no talk much abeg

Guy...make we no talk further, least they accuse us of derailing the thread grin

Las las,Sadiq go dy alright....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Guy...make we no talk further, least they accuse us of derailing the thread grin

Las las,Sadiq go dy alright....

Lol

Oya make una no vex
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

One thing l can say about Diouf is that he was highly indisciplined but still a very good player. But on and off the field he was indisciplined.

Yes players do enjoy themselves, but Diouf carried it too far, not focused and always getting into unnecessary contention with multiple women and other issues. He also lacked wisdom and diplomacy in inter personal relationships with other players. Put simply attitude problems.

I suspect Gerard may have told him to be serious and reprimanded him about his behaviour. Diouf is not a guy that takes correction easily.

Couldn't agree more... Diouf had attitude problem not only at Liverpool. I don't know why some people are taking his racism accusation against Gerrard serious when Diouf himself was involved in incidents of racism and spitting at fans while in England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2018
Meanwhile, Egypt has indicated interest to host the AFCON. .

From the look of things,they might get the nod ahead of SA because
1) It won't be fair to Libya if SA gets the hosting right cus it will deny them the chance of qualifying
2) Egypt has more influence in CAF than SA
3) Egypt has the infrastructure too
4) Egypt will fetch more money in terms of fans attendance than SA

Komekn,what do u say to that? .. grin ... Is a road trip from England to Egypt feasible?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2018
What i know is that Sadiq Umar has a huge talent....

Meanwhile South Africa won the COSAFA U20...they look really u20...watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bzUyHoFTU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:55am On Dec 14, 2018
gamaliel9:
What i know is that Sadiq Umar has a huge talent....

Meanwhile South Africa won the COSAFA U20...they look really u20...watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bzUyHoFTU

naim be say our boys wey dey togo
look U-30 or what
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
I shakes my head at the way debate/argument seems to be flying left, right, and center in this thread those days,

the moment a Nigeria abroad born had a good game , especially if he is a youth teamed,
its NFF should go for him, go for her,

even that Nigeria born Spaniard U-17 player,
even she is being tip for the super falcons already,

chaiiii naija I hail oooo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Couldn't agree more... Diouf had attitude problem not only at Liverpool. I don't know why some people are taking his racism accusation against Gerrard serious when Diouf himself was involved in incidents of racism and spitting at fans while in England

Diouf is a black racist

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
do4luv14:
I shakes my head at the way debate/argument seems to be flying left, right, and center in this thread those days,

the moment a Nigeria abroad born had a good game , especially if he is a youth teamed,

Thank you my broda

Anytime I talk dem go think say I just wan argue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
So what re u trying to say, make we dey ignore them?
do4luv14:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Meanwhile, Egypt has indicated interest to host the AFCON. .

From the look of things,they might get the nod ahead of SA because
1) It won't be fair to Libya if SA gets the hosting right cus it will deny them the chance of qualifying
2) Egypt has more influence in CAF than SA
3) Egypt has the infrastructure too
4) Egypt will fetch more money in terms of fans attendance than SA

Komekn,what do u say to that? .. grin ... Is a road trip from England to Egypt feasible?

What about the team in Egypt's group? South Africa got Ahmad in office so I give them the edge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Iwobi makes the last 10 ..

Good for him...but to be honest,Hakim Ziyech should be there ahead of him... Koulibaly should be there too...

Na CAF sabi sha...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

What about the team in Egypt's group? South Africa got Ahmad in office so I give them the edge.

Tunisia and Egypt have already qualified from the group..so there's no problem..

Yea,South Africa helps get Ahmad to office but Ahmad doesn't control every aspect of CAF.. The north Africans have a stranger influence there..
And unless Libya are unconcerned, they will protest should CAF award SA the hosting right

Modified: South Africa are yet to submit their bid formally.. They are waiting for government approval....
SAFA doesn't have the funds...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5229) (5230) (5231) (5232) (5233) (5234) (5235) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.