Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,869 members, 7,866,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11963219 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5230) (5231) (5232) (5233) (5234) (5235) (5236) ... (16374) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ndidi makes the last 3

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
do4luv14:

naim be say our boys wey dey togo look U-30 or what
boys wey dey play npfl already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
U-20 AFCON draw

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Iwobi makes the last 10 ..

Good for him...but to be honest,Hakim Ziyech should be there ahead of him... Koulibaly should be there too...

Na CAF sabi sha...
dont know about ziyech but koulibaliy should make the last three sef
salah
koulibaly
abumenyang

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Here is what Samu's new coach has to say about him.

Chukwueze
"They told me about him, he gives us speed, spark, dribble ... we can not discharge responsibility in him, but it has to be important, it's a jewel that we have to take care of".

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
groundnutoil:
dont know about ziyech but koulibaliy should make the last three sef
salah
koulibaly
abumenyang

Abi oo... Koulibaly was even nominated for Europe best defender award...

I dunno what they are smoking at CAF lately...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Tunisia and Egypt have already qualified from the group..so there's no problem..

Yea,South Africa helps get Ahmad to office but Ahmad doesn't control every aspect of CAF.. The north Africans have a stranger influence there..
And unless Libya are unconcerned, they will protest should CAF award SA the hosting right

Modified: South Africa are yet to submit their bid formally.. They are waiting for government approval....
SAFA doesn't have the funds...

It is the same thing. Libya will get the same chance to qualify. It is not like they will take their slot if they beat SA and if they don't then there would be no difference between them and Niger who will finish 3rd in Egypt's group.

BTW no Federation in the world has the funds to host a nations cup on their. I just feel SA has less to do to make things happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Abi oo... Koulibaly was even nominated for Europe best defender award...

I dunno what they are smoking at CAF lately...
i watch napoli games against Liverpool home and away
psg home and away
vs juventus
that guy is one hell of a player
apart from Salah he is the most rated african(based on market price on the market)
he is quoted to be worth 90mil
it's a shamed caf no wan the acknowledge defenders
all I no is apart from Salah and maybe abumenyang
no one else is qualified to win African best player
caf Mumu for here

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Meanwhile, Egypt has indicated interest to host the AFCON. .

From the look of things,they might get the nod ahead of SA because
1) It won't be fair to Libya if SA gets the hosting right cus it will deny them the chance of qualifying
2) Egypt has more influence in CAF than SA
3) Egypt has the infrastructure too
4) Egypt will fetch more money in terms of fans attendance than SA

Komekn,what do u say to that? .. grin ... Is a road trip from England to Egypt feasible?
just like Nigeria, Egypt is at war with insurgency as some of her stronghold is been controlled by the Isis affiliated terrorist group.
Their fans are radical,terrorizing and intimidating.
Most of their matches are been played at the burj El Arab in Cairo.
I doubt they will host a swift and fascinating tournament mundial.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Meanwhile, Egypt has indicated interest to host the AFCON. .

From the look of things,they might get the nod ahead of SA because
1) It won't be fair to Libya if SA gets the hosting right cus it will deny them the chance of qualifying
2) Egypt has more influence in CAF than SA
3) Egypt has the infrastructure too
4) Egypt will fetch more money in terms of fans attendance than SA

Komekn,what do u say to that? .. grin ... Is a road trip from England to Egypt feasible?

I hope Egypt decline and Morocco reinstate their interest.

A road trip to Egypt is near suicidal, pass Algeria with its turbulence, survive then hit Tunisia Economy in turmoil then pass enter "HELL ON EARTH" Libya if you are not sold into slavery you will be car jacked if you don't get caught up in the plethora of competing and fighting militia groups. Ten finally you land Egypt with all the wahala with Sinai terrorists and ISIS.

For me a total no go.

If Senegal or Mali then very feasible.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
gamaliel9:
What i know is that Sadiq Umar has a huge talent....

Meanwhile South Africa won the COSAFA U20...they look really u20...watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-bzUyHoFTU

My problem with this Nigerian under 20 is the sheer number of old men in the team. These guys will not last long in the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
andrew444:

Does english players go outside their league? No

Stop deceiving your self okay,you cant do this with me as am not a novice

Should i start from Micah richards who failed at fiorentina? Lol

Gareth Bale nko,

Ademola Lukman, Reise Nelson, Jaden Sancho, Ashley Cole, etc, etc.

The other reason which league pays more than the EPL NUFF SAID

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Gareth Bale nko,

Ashley cole the Chelsea and Arsenal great but the as Roma failure ?

Allison Becker should be the best keeper on the Epl right now and you will also called Ederson of city ,are they not from the so called Latin America ?

You see you Epl fan boys when you loose content you will turn it to money issue ,who doesn't know Epl is the best paid league ,does that answer me questions? When you guys run out of content you change the arguement to the best paid league ,lol

When Epl team bid for a player the fee is tripled ,still can't believe Chelsea paid 75m for kepa a keepers that's not more than 20m

Am done with you for now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
andrew444:

I didn't hype him but I said he got the talent

Chukwueze first Villarreal game made me happy ,but did you hear me mention for him to be invited ?

When rohr invited him I said it's too early self .

Because one bukayo saka played one game and you guys are saying invited ?

But we have others guys doing well in others league but we won't hear invite him

But when it's a U.K. Born player he is automatically good enough ?

The NFF set the standard with Chukwueze, not that I am saying invite him.

However, in comparison Arsenal is not Villareal " or any of the other back yard leagues or teams you want to mention "them no be mate " so if Saka is able to breakthrough in Arsenal if he was in Villareal do you think he would be playing U19 ? Or alternatively would Chukweuze be smelling Arsenal first team.

Its not about UK born player, tell me any Nigerian player that is 17 that is doing what this boy is doing at this level in a top club and league NOW !!! add to that he is actually substantiated beyond all doubt 17, he even looks like 14, no need for MRI.

Furthermore speed in La Liga is not on the same level as EPL the fastest league and most competitive in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Ndidi makes the last 3

And someone is telling me Andre onana can win it ,the only threat there that can win it ahead of ndidi is frank kessie.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Gareth Bale nko,

when did Gareth Bale become an English player? grin grin

How many English players leave England and become anything? How many can even leave to start with? What is the ratio of English players outside England compared to other nations?

Nuff said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

However, in comparison Arsenal is not Villareal " or any of the other back yard leagues or teams you want to mention "them no be mate " so if Saka is able to breakthrough in Arsenal if he was in Villareal do you think he would be playing U19 ? Or alternatively would Chukweuze be smelling Arsenal first team.

Its not about UK born player, tell me any Nigerian player that is 17 that is doing what this boy is doing at this level in a top club and league NOW !!! add to that he is actually substantiated beyond all doubt 17, he even looks like 14, no need for MRI.

Furthermore speed in La Liga is not on the same level as EPL the fastest league and most competitive in the world.

Lol

The last time I check laliga is rated the best league in the world ,so you can keep your opinion to your self

Who speed help ? Why Epl no use speed dey win champions league ?

Mr man of the match ,take a chill pill ,you are out of content ,you can't rub your opinion on everyone face

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
groundnutoil:
i watch napoli games against Liverpool home and away
psg home and away
vs juventus
that guy is one hell of a player
apart from Salah he is the most rated african(based on market price on the market)
he is quoted to be worth 90mil
it's a shamed caf no wan the acknowledge defenders
all I no is apart from Salah and maybe abumenyang
no one else is qualified to win African best player
caf Mumu for here

I swear

Koullibally is world class ,even Barca is noticing him

That guy is one of the best defender in the world right now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Lol....is Arsenal not playing in the same Europa league as the 'backyard' team Villarreal?

LOL. This is a classic case of a lizard claiming to be a crocodile.....is Arsenal not playing at the same level as these backyard teams and leagues? Arsenal has been playing teams like Bumfuck FC and other names that we can't even spell, but you are telling us that they are not on Villarreal's level, based on what? What level are they?

When last did Arsenal win any European trophy? Villarreal has two European cups in this century, how many Arsenal get?

English fans can be so deluded at times, it is hilarious, if not annoying.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
Danielnino00:
Ndidi makes the last 3
Ndidi should take this easily. Jessie is good too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
safarigirl:
when did Gareth Bale become an English player? grin grin

How many English players leave England and become anything? How many can even leave to start with? What is the ratio of English players outside England compared to other nations?

Nuff said
youre back from the long silence? Bon arrive!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

Saka only played that game because it was a meaningless game. Arsenal had already qualified and it was against Qarabag.

He is not yet a first teamer at Arsenal.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

I wan laugh better scatter. I remember vividly when u were trying to pass ur rating about samu after his debut vs ranger in the UEL, u said Villarreal was a big team and should be beating small teams like rangers, just to waterdown his success. Now because u want to praise a FB, ure claiming Villarreal is a small team that saka will easily enter. So which one is it, is Villarreal a big or small team??, or the choice depends on the narrative u want to push. You can push this ur FB agenda without always trying to pull down home grown talents.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
groundnutoil:
boys wey dey play npfl already

and ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
komekn:

But all these views and emotive and baseless deductions make matters here, great humorous entertainment . Otherwise it would be so boring.

Thank God, you see it that way because the languages some have employed against you in this forum is quite disturbing regardless. Your continuous presence, willingness to engage and further such discussions is a testament to your personality and particularly maintaining a good level of respect and decorum despite all the uncouth language used against you. Well done, by the way whether you are biased or not, you make your points succinctly and I often find myself agreeing with you. Though you dey stubborn well well, at least you Don dey gree for chukwueze small small.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Diavolo:

I wan laugh better scatter. I remember vividly when u were trying to pass ur rating about samu after his debut vs ranger in the UEL, u said Villarreal was a big team and should be beating small teams like rangers, just to waterdown his success. Now because u want to praise a FB, ure claiming Villarreal is a small team that saka will easily enter. So which one is it, is Villarreal a big or small team??, or the choice depends on the narrative u want to push. You can push this ur FB agenda without always trying to pull down home grown talents.
he will soon ask you JAMB question as regards this claim.

I hope you have receipts to back it up cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kodded(m): 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Lol....is Arsenal not playing in the same Europa league as the 'backyard' team Villarreal?

LOL. This is a classic case of a lizard claiming to be a crocodile.....is Arsenal not playing at the same level as these backyard teams and leagues? Arsenal has been playing teams like Bumfuck FC and other names that we can't even spell, but you are telling us that they are not on Villarreal's level, based on what? What level are they?

When last did Arsenal win any European trophy? Villarreal has two European cups in this century, how many Arsenal get?

English fans can be so deluded at times, it is hilarious, if not annoying.

arsenal used under 21 to win Quarabag yesterday, can Villarreal try such ? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
Leave her alone, my friend!

Woman wrapper angry sad shocked

O pari

daveP:
youre back from the long silence? Bon arrive!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Icon79:
Leave her alone, my friend!

Woman wrapper angry sad shocked

O pari

Who b dis one? undecided, mtweeeh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
do4luv14:

and ?
even in epl or La liga how many 19 year old are playing regular football there then talk of a hunger league like ours
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Haha!! Jealousy go shame grin cheesy

O pari

elyte89:

Who b dis one? undecided, mtweeeh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2018
kodded:

arsenal used under 21 to win Quarabag yesterday, can Villarreal try such ? undecided

You make no point okay because you have no clue you just feel like talking .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5230) (5231) (5232) (5233) (5234) (5235) (5236) ... (16374) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mostob(m), 123jamessmith and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.