Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,437 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11925146 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5278) (5279) (5280) (5281) (5282) (5283) (5284) ... (16333) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

This hater has come again!. Must you always remind us that our Lord Lionel Iheanacho is now a floppy disk?. Can't you join us and blame his coach, his club system and his village people?. Why must you blame him?. Did he thief your girlfriend eh?

grin grin

mehn if nacho dey this thread, he for don deactivate whilst committing suicide cheesy.
But like seriously, dude s on recession. Nigga s been stagnant .
Anyway he is still cashing out every Friday. Wetin concern me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Joebie:
Danjuma is a more established player at Brugge especially considering his Champions league exploits this season. He is a national team player. Coaches also look at that.

He aint more established than Dennis. Injuries has been Denny's Achilles hill. Talent wise, he's got nothing on Denny

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
ChrisKels:
Moses Simon warming the Levante bench as though his life depends on it. I think it's about time he was excused from the national team because I cant see him holding his own on either wing with the plethora of wingers we have doing wonderfully well out there.
so he warms bench for a living cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
I already gave my reason. Dennis has been fit lately and in bench while Danjuma was the preferred starter. But let’s wait and see. No point arguing.

ChrisKels:

He aint more established than Dennis. Injuries has been Denny's Achilles hill. Talent wise, he's got nothing on Denny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Highlights of Uzoho and Elche as they drew 2-2 yesterday

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sI1BqI9rm8 [/url]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
Joebie:
Danjuma is a more established player at Brugge especially considering his Champions league exploits this season. He is a national team player. Coaches also look at that.

Danjuma is a good player no doubt.

So scoring a screamer in the champions league in 2 games before he got injured means an exploit?

How is danjuma a more establish player in club bruge than emmanuel dennis?

Danjuma just arrived at the start of the season and emmanuel denis have been there since last seasn, they both have their ups and down due to injury

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
Okay argue that with the coach when Danjuma returns.

andrew444:

Danjuma is a good player no doubt.

So scoring a screamer in the champions league in 2 games before he got injured means an exploit?

How is danjuma a more establish player in club bruge than emmanuel dennis?

Danjuma just arrived at the start of the season and emmanuel denis have been there since last seasn, they both have their ups and down due to injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
As 2018 is coming to an end, I think it is time to reflect on the performances of our players and our Super Eagles team. Please share any favorite moments, performances or montages of players that stood out for you. I'll start with Uzoho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaXzVmbFQRA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Joebie:
Okay argue that with the coach when Danjuma returns.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Victor Osimhen with an assist.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Osimhen with an assist to Cristian Benavente.

A striker that can assist as well as score.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Joebie:
I already gave my reason. Dennis has been fit lately and in bench while Danjuma was the preferred starter. But let’s wait and see. No point arguing.

Dennis was on the bench bkus he came back from an injury to meet a different formation(352) from the usual one(433)where he was a winger before his injury, plus an in form Danjuma in the formation at his supposed position. Now Danjuma is injured and Dennis is balling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
andrew444:

We dont need such division 4 players in the eagles..... We are not the somalia national team

Lol. I think Percy Tau plays in the Belgian 2nd division. Yet he single-handedly terrorised and shattered our defence made up of supposedly "high quality league" players. If Percy was Nigerian, we would've kicked against his invitation because of his club.

Sometimes it's better to overlook the league and focus on the player's abilities. There are very wonderful players in lower leagues and vice versa.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ok then until he returns
ChrisKels:

Dennis was on the bench bkus he came back from an injury to meet a different formation(352) from the usual one(433)where he was a winger before his injury, plus an in form Danjuma in the formation at his supposed position. Now Danjuma is injured and Dennis is balling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Lol. I think Percy Tau plays in the Belgian 2nd division. Yet he single-handedly terrorised and shattered our defence made up of supposedly "high quality league" players. If Percy was Nigerian, we would've kicked against his invitation because of his club.

Sometimes it's better to overlook the league and focus on the player's abilities. There are very wonderful players in lower leagues and vice versa.

I remember when a certain league one club in England kick Chelsea out of the fa cup and I remember a guy there in the team scoring twice why didn't Chelsea signed the guy then ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Percy had one single moment of brilliance which resulted in a goal apart from that he was average. This is the same guy that bounced off Iheanacho like a rag doll and don't forget how Musa chased him down from the other half and squeezed him off the ball

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Percy had one single moment of brilliance which resulted in a goal apart from that he was average. This is the same guy that bounced off Iheanacho like a rag doll and don't forget how Musa chased him down from the other half and squeezed him off the ball

Yeah. And that one moment of brilliance won him the Man of the match award plus special praise from Gernot Rohr himself?. One moment of brilliance indeed!.

Keep lying to yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
andrew444:

I remember when a certain league one club in England kick Chelsea out of the fa cup and I remember a guy there in the team scoring twice why didn't Chelsea signed the guy then ?

That's a question for the Chelsea management to answer. Perhaps the Chelsea bosses felt that they had better options than him at the moment or something.

FYI

It was after Willian shone in a Champions league match against Chelsea that Chelsea signed him from Shaktar Donetsk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Yeah. And that one moment of brilliance won him the Man of the match award plus special praise from Gernot Rohr himself?. One moment of brilliance indeed!.

Keep lying to yourself.

Let's talk football. Name the moments he had outside that goal? The is the same Rohr that declared Nosa Igiebor the best Nigerian in Israel but where is Nosa now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol u follow for load carriers grin

Look after ur younger ones, make them enjoy the privilege of having u as the eldest oo

Not really easy but I always try to do my best bro..... Make baba just help me ground wella, I go do better cool

Thanks for Advice bro.... I appreciate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol u follow for load carriers grin

Look after ur younger ones, make them enjoy the privilege of having u as the eldest oo

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

That's a question for the Chelsea management to answer. Perhaps the Chelsea bosses felt that they had better options than him at the moment or something.

FYI

It was after Willian shone in a Champions league match against Chelsea that Chelsea signed him from Shaktar Donetsk.

The bolded is the most funny thing i have read today.

You think chelsea management is Gernot rohr and his crew that take a player to the world cup just because of bicycle kick in seria A or the ogbeche own during the 2002 world cup?

So if a player scores against a team means he is good enough for the team? Bros na wa for you oooo

So you are trying to tell me chelsea bought willian because he scored against them Lol, chelsea has been tracking willian for long so please stop saying because he scored against them ,and for your information willian was bought from Anzi and not shaktar.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
krattoss:
so he warms bench for a living cheesy

Yes nah, aint he getting his pay cheque even on the bench? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
Utonwanne:

Not really easy but I always try to do my best bro..... Make baba just help me ground wella, I go do better cool

Thanks for Advice bro.... I appreciate

Chukwu dube gi nwoke oma.

Walk and never stumble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Let's talk football. Name the moments he had outside that goal? The is the same Rohr that declared Nosa Igiebor the best Nigerian in Israel but where is Nosa now?

Rohr apart, the MOTM nko?.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:06am On Dec 24, 2018
Kingsley Michael involved in both goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT8k7hu5JL8&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Dennis Bonaventure goals. First goal was a lucky goal, cross missed everyone. Second was a strong header

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lAp9XaK2ds

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:31am On Dec 24, 2018

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:08am On Dec 24, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Percy Tau was a major Attacking threat for the better part of that first half. Not just "one moment of brilliance".

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:57am On Dec 24, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Percy Tau has been terrorizing opponents right since his days at Sundowns.. He wasn't called up to the South Africa team after he moved to the Belgian second division..The case with Deji is that he wasn't able to cut it in Budensliga so if he makes it in the German 4th division,it doesn't qualify him for a super eagles call up yet... The kind of opponents you face at ur club matters a lot cus it shows how good u are.. A lion in a small league can become a cockroach when he moves to a bigger league, you know?

let Deji try out with the u-20 for now sha...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:45am On Dec 24, 2018
Icon4s:

Percy Tau was a major Attacking threat for the better part of that first half. Not just "one moment of brilliance".

Tell him oh. I don't know whether we watched the same match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2018
Princezibk:
Am sorry I don’t wanna start an argument...that’s why I don’t comment sometimes cuz I might go aggressive so since u denied it let’s leave it like that

First of all there is no argument but rather discussion.

You made a statement that I am not STATING THE FACTS with regard to Nigerian players born on Nigeria in comparison to Nigerian players born in the UK. And as a consequence l am therefore BIASED in your opinion.

However you don't present ANY FACTS but accuse of being prejudiced and without FACTS.

So l a mm asking you not to argue but present the simple facts thay brought you yo your deduction.

Who are the Nigerian born players l denigrated with prejudice in favour of Nigerian players born in the UK.

You made allegation please substantiate it with facts
Or are you just making noise.

IT IS NOT AN ARGUMENT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5278) (5279) (5280) (5281) (5282) (5283) (5284) ... (16333) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m), lebuhsi(m), gatecrash123, Danielnino00(m), Tsukai, chrisooblog, stulp16 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.