Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656173 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5304) (5305) (5306) (5307) (5308) (5309) (5310) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
edi287:

He's inconsistent...But that is seen as hating on here.

The team tends to drift away from him once he does something good. I saw that against Liverpool and also today. They need to get him on the ball as much as possible to fully utilize him. His assist was sexier than Beyoncé btw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
EEGA:
The problem lies with you. He is doing well yet you still criticize him for his choice of players.

Hw are you sure he would have won those matches with Silva? A coach knows the players that suits his playing pattern better than we do.

If you are not being sentimental you won't hate a coach who has been doing well and even going as far as telling us how he won't make Europa.

Bro am not talking about nacho here am talking about football okay ,not everything is about nacho

Why won't he win those matches with Silva ? A proven central midfielders,if puel can win matches with hamza choudoury who is from their youth team then he will win matches with experience Silva

I never say I hated the coach,why will I hate a coach who have been giving our players chances ,even if I do hate the coach I am better than you who hate your fellow Nigeria players for no reason

Mind you choudoury is from their youth team and today games make his Epl appearance 3 ,I am criticizing puel for freezing a player out for no reason,go and check Leicester mecury website and see fans complaining whats happening with Silva some stating it's a personal issue .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
andrew444:

Bro am not talking about nacho here am talking about football okay ,not everything is about nacho

I never say I hated the coach,why will I hate a coach who have been giving our players chances ,even if I do hate the coach I am better than you who hate your fellow Nigeria players for no reason
Mention the players I hate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The team tends to drift away from him once he does something good. I saw that against Liverpool and also today. They need to get him on the ball as much as possible to fully utilize him. His assist was sexier than Beyoncé btw
Yeah It happens sometimes.Emery's style is 'get the ball as quick as possible to either Auba or Lacazette'. Still - his decision making isn't as consistent as it was when he first broke through. He needs to calm down sometimes... I remember back when Alexis was around - the only two people he liked passing to the most was Ozil and Iwobi. Ozil too likes combining with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
EEGA:
Mention the players I hate.

Dem no dey tell mad man say war don start

No b till when you mention am before dem go say you hate the player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
andrew444:

Dem no dey tell mad man say war don start

No b till when you mention am before dem go say you hate the player.
U dey very funny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
tbaba1234:
Chukwueze attracting interest from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Porto, Leicester City

Any formalised offers ❓ source?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
EEGA:
U dey very funny.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
Porto

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
komekn:

Any formalised offers ❓ source?

Arsenal and Everton also interested. I do not know about offers but the boy is getting attention
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
tbaba1234:
Porto

He can't go to Porto ,that's a step down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
tbaba1234:

Arsenal and Everton also interested. I do not know about offers but the boy is getting attention

Only Epl clubs are interested bro ,the rest are just something else ,even the boy said it ,he said only offers from Epl have been received and nothing from ATM and others ,I don't believe all the news I see on some site ,this is why I love goal.com and tribal football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
1. Most Controversial Poster: Forgiveness
2. Most Interactive Poster: Icon4s
3. Most Intelligent Poster: Mujtahida
4. Most Resourceful Poster: tbaba1234
5. Most Respectful Poster: Kog45
6. Most Consistent Poster: Komekn.
7. Most Positive Poster: TheSuperNerd
8. Best Sense of Humor: Taliban
9. Most Critical Poster: Mickael2
10. Nicest Poster: Soetanoreoluwa
11. Most Influential Poster: Icon4s
12. Most Pro-Foreign Born Poster: CharlesEmeka85
13. Most Pro-Naija League Poster:Bascovanvelli
14. People's Favourite: Safarigirl.
15. Most Sentimental: andrew444
16. Notorious Silent Reader: confun
17. Impressive Thread Newbie: Bleep
18. Diehard Super Eagles Fan: All of us.
19. Best Friends: Kratoss and Chriskels
20. Most Outstanding Poster: Tbaba1234.
21. Overall Best Poster: TheGoodJoe
22. Top Dramatic Topics: Iheanacho related

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
andrew444:

Only Epl clubs are interested bro ,the rest are just something else ,even the boy said it ,he said only offers from Epl have been received and nothing from ATM and others ,I don't believe all the news I see on some site ,this is why I love goal.com and tribal football

There are sources linking him to other clubs. That clubs are interested does not mean they have made an approach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
tbaba1234:

There are sources linking him to other clubs. That clubs are interested does not mean they have made an approach

Okay bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
junnyjake:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iwobi is arguably Arsenal's best player against Fulham in their 3-4-1-2 player setup with Iwobi as the CAM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
The commentator called Racchid Ghezzal a 'poor man's Mahrez'

I can't stop laughing grin

Using this Analogy Ndidi is a 'poor man's Scholes' grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Meliforme:
Iwobi is arguably Arsenal's best player against Fulham in their 3-4-1-2 player setup with Iwobi as the CAM.

But some people won't see that ,when I talk they will say I am sentimental

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze is leaving the door open to a move to England.

While a target for Atletico Madrid, Chukwueze is also being linked with Arsenal and Everton.

"I have a contract with Villarreal that ends in the summer and the club knows what to do. I can confirm that there are some clubs interested - the best English teams, but for Atlético Madrid I'm not sure, really," he said.

"Then, we'll just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens. For now, the focus is still for me to help the club."

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Earthquake1:
The commentator called Racchid Ghezzal a 'poor man's Mahrez'

I can't stop laughing grin

Using this Analogy Ndidi is a 'poor man's Scholes' grin grin grin

Scholes and Ndidi play totally different roles. I wonder whoever came up with such analogy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
junnyjake:

Thanks for the mention!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Scholes and Ndidi play totally different roles. I wonder whoever came up with such analogy.

The shooting aspect maybe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze is leaving the door open to a move to England.

While a target for Atletico Madrid, Chukwueze is also being linked with Arsenal and Everton.

"I have a contract with Villarreal that ends in the summer and the club knows what to do. I can confirm that there are some clubs interested - the best English teams, but for Atlético Madrid I'm not sure, really," he said.

"Then, we'll just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens. For now, the focus is still for me to help the club."

Ehn...so his contract with Villarreal is that short... With his current form,I doubt if they will let him go for free in June...

But I hope he thinks well before securing a move to the EPL... especially those mid table teams...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

We tend to overlook Iwobi's shortcomings more than Nacho's. Maybe because Iwobi is FB, maybe because he is Okocha's cousin, maybe because he is supposed to be the team's "poster boy".

But to be brutally honest with ourselves, dude is quite average too.

It's horrifying really.

Iwobi FB?

In your haste to make a point just to bash people on here, make sure you get your points right, else you appear ignorant, capisce

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Earthquake1:

The shooting aspect maybe

Scholes and Ndidi are totally different players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
darkelf:
Henry Onyekuru has 6 goals in 21 appearances thi season.

How is he not overhyped?

You need to start taking English classes, it's the beginning of the year, this is the best time to do so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Thanks for the nomination sir. I have to nominate Taye taiwo''s neighbor though, elyte.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
junnyjake:

You need to start taking English classes, it's the beginning of the year, this is the best time to do so.

That was a typo bro. Although if you will be my teacher, I won't mind

cheesy

Onyekuru is still bang average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
junnyjake:

Iwobi FB?

In your haste to make a point just to bash people on here, make sure you get your points right, else you sports ignorant, capisce

So you're saying Iwobi is not an FB or what?

Anyways, when you learn the simple art of presenting your argument without insults, you can come and let's discuss that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Will Arsenal fans ever fully appreciate Alex Iwobi?

Date published: Tuesday 1st January 2019 5:32

Even as Alex Iwobi represented the only discernible difference between Arsenal and Fulham on Tuesday, the critics would not be silenced. The end product of a winger with more assists than the excellent James Maddison this season was questioned; the development of a player with fewer than 150 first-team games was mocked.

A first half in which the Nigerian was by far the most dangerous, most effective and most impressive player was merely the exception that proved the rule. Iwobi’s assist for Granit Xhaka’s opener, his clever flick to help set up the Swiss again and his sumptuous near-post cross for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s header: each was an example of his inconsistency rather than his intelligence.

Opinions have long been formed on Iwobi, the sort which can only be confirmed but never refuted. As easily as his excellent first half was forgotten, a more wasteful and frustrating second stuck in the memory of many fans. His hold-up play, awareness and skill played a crucial role in Alexandre Lacazette’s goal, but did you see that slightly overhit pass for Sead Kolasinac in the 76th minute? Not good enough; never will be.

He has certainly gone off the boil a bit in the second half but at times it seems like in the area of the Emirates where I sit Iwobi can do no right. I'm not really sure what some fans expect from him.
— James Benge (@jamesbenge) January 1, 2019

His partnership with Kolasinac down the left-hand side was the key to victory over a Fulham side who had Arsenal’s defence against the ropes at times. Iwobi, as the only capable dribbler behind the two strikers, was integral in stretching the Cottagers. Yet a handful of sloppy passes after half-time were used as sticks to beat him with. In truth, he simply dropped a little closer to the standard of his teammates.

For a player who thrives on self-belief, it must be increasingly exasperating. Before this season, much of Arsenal’s squad only ever knew the influence and coaching of one manager. Arsene Wenger is one of the sport’s greatest ever minds, but so many players were bound to benefit from a different perspective, a fresh outlook.

The problem was that the squad was never really given a universal clean slate. Many appreciated that certain players would improve under a different manager and a different system, but some were simply considered beyond help. At the age of just 22, Iwobi somehow fell into that bracket: he wasn’t good enough for Wenger’s Arsenal, so what would change under Unai Emery?

“I’m more positive and more confident with the ball,” Iwobi reflected upon his self-improvements in October. “The boss has basically told me that if something doesn’t work, just keep going and don’t dwell on it.

“He’s told me to stop being so critical and to just keep trying no matter what happens, no matter if things don’t go as I want them to.”

Emery might come across as a more authoritative, disciplinarian figure than his predecessor, the more expressive football aficionado. But a different voice has been crucial. The Spaniard might not put an arm around his players, but he encourages them in his own way. To remind them that perfection is not attainable has clearly made a difference.

But some sections of the Arsenal fanbase – as with any team – do not make the same allowances for mistakes. Iwobi was thankfully applauded for his contribution by the home fans when he was substituted with seven minutes remaining; so many others chose to focus on the negatives.

Perhaps that is because the positives were less obvious to the naked eye. He had the fewest touches (24) of any Arsenal player in the first half, yet created the most chances (3). Such quiet efficiency will never please everyone.

While Emery is one of the majority who can appreciate what Iwobi offers, that will not be a problem. His detractors will one day accept and embrace what he is and could be, rather than bemoan what he isn’t.

https://www.football365.com/news/will-arsenal-fans-ever-fully-appreciate-alex-iwobi#

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5304) (5305) (5306) (5307) (5308) (5309) (5310) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dijon, johnjunior39(m), Tessyy1701, zicky(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.