Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,517 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655577 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5307) (5308) (5309) (5310) (5311) (5312) (5313) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
mostob:
oga Andrew444, why do you like to demote naija players? Last time,it was chukwueze and this time around,it is onyekuru.
Now, onyekuru to PSG?? yea...he is capable of being in their first team. Apart from Neymar and Cavani,all of their attackers are benchable.

Broda no nah ,you no dey understand me ,I like chukwueze and onyekuru but I will speak the truth,you don't expect me to call onyekuru a world class player bro ,please be realistic okay .

He is not better than Julian draxler ,he is not better than Lucas Moura who was also frozen out .

So mbappe is benchable ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2019
elyte89:

Chairman...I no follow d argument, abeg who dem.dey say onyekuru go bench

We go just dey use mouth bench player anyaw for her to favour our own,no b only dimaria e go bench, e go bench THOMAS TUCHEL TOO grin

ABEG,dis is 2019,lets b more realistic with wat we say,say we like our player no mean say make we dey yan wetin no possible. grin

Thank you bros

I have been hailing onyekuru and I said chukwueze should remain at Villarreal

But oga mostob say I dey degrade Nigeria players

E remain small you go hear say onyekuru to bench Neymar

Many funny things this year bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

That's my biggest fear. The truth is most of these big clubs gunning for him have no immediate first-team plans for him. They will sign him and then ship him off on loan after loan until he fizzles into obscurity. I doubt if a team like Real Madrid for instance will give Chukwueze an immediate chance to fight for a shirt with the likes of Bale and Asensio.

I would advise him to remain at Villareal for at least one more season to establish his reputation properly before moving to a big team. Maybe they will respect him more then.

Not too long ago l said, Villareal is a team struggling. In the relegation zone. Right now they are in the bottom three.

A players value rarely goes up when your team gets relegated. And that loss can have an impact on how you are perceived.

Staying at Villareal would be the best option for now it seems. However, if they get relegated moving to a club that will give him the same platform to develop may be an option to be considered.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

Broda no nah ,you no dey understand me ,I like chukwueze and onyekuru but I will speak the truth,you don't expect me to call onyekuru a world class player bro ,please be realistic okay .

He is not better than Julian draxler ,he is not better than Lucas Moura who was also frozen out .

So mbappe is benchable ?
oh...am sorry bro...maybe the way you present your argument make it look so.
mbappe is benchable,take it to the bank.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
mostob:
oh...am sorry bro...maybe the way you present your argument make it look so.
mbappe is benchable,take it to the bank.

Lol

A 170 million euros player is not benchable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:
PSG played 4-4-2 in their last 2 champions league games against Liverpool and FK Crvena Zvezda with Di Maria as RMF.

Their coach likes playing with all the talents available to him.

No offence but you need to watch more PSG games. They do not play a 4-3-3 formation, just because Neymar is given the freedom to roam doesn't mean it is a 4-4-2, I am guessing you will also say that Barcelona is currently playing a 4-4-2 formation because of Messi's position on the pitch?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2019
Even if Villarreal remains in laliga or not they re the best team for samu atleast for his development before moving to a more glamourous team. It's not only about joining the likes of Madrid, atm psg, bayern n Co but can he get game time in this big clubs?

His development should be his major prioty for now instead of joining a bigger team where he has to battle with more established players for places. Even if he wants to leave villreal he should join a mid table team in laliga, ligue 1 or Bundesliga.

Teams like hoffeinheim,leipzig,monaco,valencia,dortmund just to mention a few don't shy away from giving talented young players a chance in their team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

Di Maria plays in the midfield as you have said ,but on a normal day di Maria is also a winger,they have to accommodate mbappe in his position

Even if di Maria is their winger onyekuru can't bench him ,I have not even talk of Julian draxler .

Di Maria stopped playing as a winger before Madrid won LA Decima so as at now he is considered a midfielder. However like you have rightly said even if he starts playing as a winger nobody that is eligible to play for Nigeria will keep him on the bench, not to talk of Onyekuru or Chukwueze no offence to his fanboys in here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2019
mostob:
oga Andrew444, why do you like to demote naija players? Last time,it was chukwueze and this time around,it is onyekuru.
Now, onyekuru to PSG?? yea...he is capable of being in their first team. Apart from Neymar and Cavani,all of their attackers are benchable.

Cavani cannot be benched but Mbappe can be benched? Wow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
Samu is a super talent destined for greatness but leaving Villarreal for a big team at this stage of his career may turn out to be a big mistake which may affect him on the long run. He is just 19 and in his first season in professional football so why the rush?

Even if he leaves for a top club this january or in the summer the best for him is to leave on loan to a club that has good record and pedegree when it comes to nurturing of young players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lavoca: 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
I don't know if it is nationality that always make majority of you guys here post rubbish or you're indirectly trolling. First, it was Iheanancho >Mbappe but now it is Onyekuru to bench Mbappe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:
I don't see him regretting any move.

Chukwueze is a very talented,hardworking,obedient and skillful player.

When their new coach arrived, he had some doubts about his abilities which made him start Chukwueze in his first game which was the Europa league .Chukwueze proved himself by scoring in the 11th minute and winning the 'Man of the Match' in that same game.3 days later the coach started him in their la liga game where he playef for up to 82 mins.In his debut game for the Super Eagles in Asaba he combined well with Osimhen troubling the Ugandan defence coupled with his superb taking of corner-kicks.He was the best player for the 1st-Half.He turned that particular game to a one-man show.It took him just 20mins in his debut game to write his name in Rohr's AFCON list.Can't wait for Ebuehi-Chukwueze combo on the right.It will be a delight to watch.

I'm not surprised with the current offers he is getting.

Chukwueze is not a player for the bench.He will always shine in any club he signs for.

Nobody is doubting Chukwueze talent at all...however,he isn't the first young player from Nigeria to be making waves in Europe.. we have seen many of them before...

Chukwueze hasn't even spent a full season as a professional footballer and you are already saying he will be a starter at any club..
He is in the best league in the world and a decent team where he will get plenty game time...let him stay a bit and develop himself.. let him build a reputation such that any club wanting to sign him will know that he is very good...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
komekn:

Not too long ago l said, Villareal is a team struggling. In the relegation zone. Right now they are in the bottom three.

A players value rarely goes up when your team gets relegated. And that loss can have an impact on how you are perceived.

Staying at Villareal would be the best option for now it seems. However, if they get relegated moving to a club that will give him the same platform to develop may be an option to be considered.

Let's just pray they somehow survive the relegation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
Efe Ambrose is set to leave Hibernian for free this month (rejects extension), according to the Scottish Sun.

Efe Ambrose —> Cardiff City?

Dominic Solanke has emerged as a top transfer target for Bundesliga side Schalke 04, —Transfermarkrt

Crystal Palace are also planning a swoop for Solanke. (Some reports have it that has already done medicals)

Wolves lead race to sign Abraham

Wolverhampton Wanderers are leading the race to sign Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham this month, according to Daily Mail.

Wolves want Abraham who has scored 16 goals for Aston Villa this season to compete with Raul Jimenez up front.

Huddersfield Town and Burnley are also interested in signing him as the forward eyes Premier League return.

Meanwhile, Chelsea will need to activate a recall option for the 21-year-old to pursue a loan move at a Premier League club for the second half of the season.

—goal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mickael2:

Cavani cannot be benched but Mbappe can be benched? Wow

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mickael2:

Di Maria stopped playing as a winger before Madrid won LA Decima so as at now he is considered a midfielder. However like you have rightly said even if he starts playing as a winger nobody that is eligible to play for Nigeria will keep him on the bench, not to talk of Onyekuru or Chukwueze no offence to his fanboys in here

I am one of his fan boys and also onyekuru

My offence is calling onyekuru an average player and saying he will be a bench warmer at psg

And my second offence is saying chukwueze should stay at Villarreal and not trust the Epl teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
Odion Ighalo —> Southampton/Fernebahce (Turkish Media, Fanatik)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
Southampton will be a better choice
Joebie:
Odion Ighalo —> Southampton/Fernebahce (Turkish Media, Fanatik)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Iwobi Rated MOTM against Fulham

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2019
UEFA have included Nigeria’s Samuel Chukwueze among the youngsters that will shine in 2019.

Europe’s football governing body UEFA have included Villarreal forward Samuel Chukwueze in a UEFA 50 list of young players to watch out for in the year 2019.

Chukwueze has been impressive for Villarreal this season putting up big performances and in the Spanish LaLiga and Copa Del Rey as well as the UEFA Europa League.

The 19-year-old came through the ranks of the Villarreal academy and paved his way to the first team this season.

His contributions have not gone unnoticed by the European football governing body as he was included in the 50 man list compiled by the body’s correspondents.

With similarities in qualities to Bayern Munich wing wizard Arjen Robben, Chukwueze made the list alongside some top talents in Europe including Arsenal’s Emile Smith-Rowe.

Chukwueze is the only Nigerian on the list Ilzat Akhmetov, Emil Audero, Nicolo Barella, Sander Berge, Josip Brekalo, Rafa Camacho, Giorgi Chakvetadze, CSKA’s Fedor Chalov, Alphonso Davies, Merih Demiral, Moussa Diaby, Joao Félix, Arnaut Groeneveld, Robert Gumny, Ianis Hagi, Amadou Haidara, Kai Havertz.

The list featuring players 21 and under also included Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi, Luka Ivanusec, Luka Jovic, Ozan Kabak, Alban Lafont, Andriy Lunin, Weston McKennie Brais Méndez, Nikola Milenkovic, Eder Militao, Juan Miranda, Nikola Moro, Arijanet Muric, Vitaliy Mykolenko.

Florian Müller, Reiss Nelson, Stanley N’Soki, Dani Olmo, Ricard Puig, Ionuț Radu, Javier Sanchez, Ismaïla Sarr, Mykola Shaparenko, Unai Simon, Oliver Skipp, Martin Terrier, Dayot Upamecano and Nicolo Zaniolo.

The Nigeria international was earlier also included in the top rated talents in LaLiga and has attracted interest from several Premier League clubs.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:06pm On Jan 02, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Southampton will be a better choice

What league is Southampton playing in again?.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
Joebie:
Iwobi Rated MOTM against Fulham
not according to dailymail
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
Bulgarian league
Curtisaxel7:

What league is Southampton playing in again?.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2019
Also, ESPN

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2019
ESPN also supports that narrative
Edopesin:

not according to dailymail
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Bulgarian league

hahahahaha
chaiii nah finishing be dis abi wetin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
Football.london as well gives Iwobi the highest rating

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
komekn:

I agree with you samuel has to play at least 2 full seasons with consistent top performances before he moves to any top club that said the little bit I have seen of him he looks to be a special player hopefully he does enough to help move his team far from the relegation zone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Joebie:
We tell them a player is class, they suppose it to be overhype.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
Joebie:
When we tell them a player is class, they suppose it, an overhype.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meliforme:
When we tell them a player is class, they suppose it, an overhype.
He needs to be consistent over a whole season, not in patches.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
chrisooblog:
I agree with you samuel has to play at least 2 full seasons with consistent top performances before he moves to any top club that said the little bit I have seen of him he looks to be a special player hopefully he does enough to help move his team far from the relegation zone

But why would they sign such a short deal with him? I am shocked by that one. Villarreal are in trouble because crazy wages will be thrown his way since there will be no transfer fee to be paid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5307) (5308) (5309) (5310) (5311) (5312) (5313) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ppogbae and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.