Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11654475 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5308) (5309) (5310) (5311) (5312) (5313) (5314) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

A 170 million euros player is not benchable

Gbam.

Bench mbappe ke.

Unless he gets a long term injury (1yr or more) and his replacement competes for a FIFA award.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meliforme:
We tell them a player is class, they suppose it to be overhype.

Iwobi is average or above average (at best).

Look at his stats. They tell the story
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
chrisooblog:
I agree with you samuel has to play at least 2 full seasons with consistent top performances before he moves to any top club that said the little bit I have seen of him he looks to be a special player hopefully he does enough to help move his team far from the relegation zone

I agree with you on this. Especially since our players tend to switch off when hyped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mickael2:

Cavani cannot be benched but Mbappe can be benched? Wow
I think u got it wrong.. Cavani and Onyekuru are not playing the sane win.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mickael2:

Which 4-4-2? For which club? Di Maria plays in a 4-3-3 formation with Mbappe-Cavani-Neymar as the forward line. When Neymar drops deep Di Maria covers that spot. Then Verrati and whoever else gets the nod completes the midfield triangle. So how exactly is Onyekuru going to bench their midfielder? And how is Onyekuru going to bench Di Maria? See eh, if you go to PSG he has to deal with Neymar and Mbappe and he definitely will not bench either of them at all

If he goes to PSG, he will be loaned out to teams like wolves or Burnley. He wouldn't smell first team football in a long time except extreme tragedy befalls one of their stars.

The dude is bang average

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
darkelf:

If he goes to PSG, he will be loaned out to teams like wolves or Burnley. He wouldn't smell first team football in a long time except extreme tragedy befalls one of their stars.

The dude is bang average

To you, all Nigerian players are average
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2019
price tag can go a long way to overhype a player. What many people don't know is that price tag can be deceptive. Common mbappe....wetin he dey play sef?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Yes,@ d moment

Our first 23 players re bang average players cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
darkelf:

The dude is bang average

True, people are comparing Onyekuru to Neymar Mbappe and Cavani

Lots of drunkards in here

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Yes. That's the stark reality and the earlier we get out fantasies of them being world class out of our heads, the better.

The WC was an eye opener for me. You cannot make a lion out of a gazelle. Unless they improve drastically, they remain average. Look at their stats. At least, stats won't lie

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy New year to everyone here on this great thread. welcome to 2019. Let the punditry and analysis continue. Gracias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
mostob:
price tag can go a long way to overhype a player. What many people don't know is that price tag can be deceptive. Common mbappe....wetin he dey play sef?

Mostob....u don start again undecided

Wetin world cup winner dey play for ur mouth smiley?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
darkelf:

I agree with you on this. Especially since our players tend to switch off when hyped
Is that your fear, so you don't want your darling players to switch off. First acknowledge their finesse and see if they will commence flopping.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mickael2:

No offence but you need to watch more PSG games. They do not play a 4-3-3 formation, just because Neymar is given the freedom to roam doesn't mean it is a 4-4-2, I am guessing you will also say that Barcelona is currently playing a 4-4-2 formation because of Messi's position on the pitch?
This is their line-up against FK Crvena Zvezda and Liverpool according to whoscored.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lol. Mbappe benched by a nigerian in this current era? I wonder the kine eye JJ Okocha go use take look una wey una go just keep shut.

A World cup winner that has no issues with fitness, flair or goal production, to be benched by a Nigerian that is still chopping bench for his country. Pls fear God small joor.

Henry is yet to reach there.

This is no undermining of Henry, he is good to play in a very big club no doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
elyte89:

Mostob....u don start again undecided

Wetin world cup winner dey play for ur mouth smiley?
world cup winner? Lolz.... na only him dey field? Am sure if he wasn't at the WC,France will still win it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
elyte89:

Yes,@ d moment
Then why do u support the super eagles??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2019
You get big problem ah swear...I wonder how you will feel if your talent or hardwork is being tarnished this way or called average when you know it’s otherwise... you and your gangs will just sit comfortably and begin to type trash about people’s work and talent
darkelf:

The dude is bang average

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
Am sure you are always average at everything you have been doing , nonsense
elyte89:

Yes,@ d moment

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

as in eh ...the thing tire me bro. Don't know why we keep rubbishing our players and hype other country's
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2019
darkelf:

Yes. That's the stark reality and the earlier we get out fantasies of them being world class out of our heads, the better.

The WC was an eye opener for me. You cannot make a lion out of a gazelle. Unless they improve drastically, they remain average. Look at their stats. At least, stats won't lie

No one is saying world class but we have above average players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2019
African team of the year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
Forget nationalty, if these players are foreign or innit am sure they would be praised to high heaven.. if you don’t know we have good and quality players but their undoing is chasing after money and refusing to work harder...
Lavoca:
I don't know if it is nationality that always make majority of you guys here post rubbish or you're indirectly trolling. First, it was Iheanancho >Mbappe but now it is Onyekuru to bench Mbappe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
Danielnino00:

because I support eagles mean I shld lie to myself

Deep down in u...u knw dis,but base on patriotism, u guys shy away from d truth at times and hype what is not

Even when we had good players or let me say in d last 6years..none of our players have made top first 40 ballon d'or contender,down to CAF SELECTION,aside Mikel obi making it to d.top three of recent,when last av any of our players made it to d top three,let alone of winning it undecided

So aw do u justify d position dt our players are not average best? smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
If I talk my mind.. The kind attention seeking for this thread ehn.. It stinks.. Every one thinking being overly critical will make you poulpular.. Yinmu grin

Nigeria players are not average, truth.. Too bad to burst una bubble..

Naija has very good players.. And nigeria is my favorite to win the African nations cup..

Nigeria will win nations cup, and they would win it convincingly.. Please make pesin book mark this statement..

Make we no lie, oyekuru cannot bench any psg forward at the moment, and the best thing for chukwueze is to remain put at Villarreal for now, but as for the future, no one knows.. I bet four years ago, no one would bet that salah and mane would be the world class players the are now.. Our players are developing .. We wish them the best..

So abeg make una no dey rubbish our players..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

No one is saying world class but we have above average players.

There seems to be a never ending contention about the topic of world class, top class, average, etc.

So what's above average and what is average ❓

IMO, they are very fluid terms and difficult to put a definitive parameter upon. Particularly if it is taken in and out of context.

For example Ogu may be considered as an above average player. However, take him out of Isreal where he is above average and to a more competitive league and he becomes well below average. Considering Isreali league is rated 27th in Europe.

Odion Ighalo in his last stint in the EPL had lost form quite badly. Meanwhile as soon he gets to China he becomes a Tiger.

So the matter get as he be.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dannyxy:
If I talk my mind.. The kind attention seeking for this thread ehn.. It stinks.. Every one thinking being overly critical will make you poulpular.. Yinmu grin

Naija has very good players
.. And nigeria is my favorite to win the African nations cup..

Nigeria will win nations cup, and they would win it convincingly.. Please make pesin book mark this statement..

Make we no lie, oyekuru cannot bench any psg forward at the moment, and the best thing for chukwueze is to remain put at Villarreal for now, but as for the future, no one knows.. I bet four years ago, no one would bet that salah and mane would be the world class players the are now.. Our players are developing .. We wish them the best..

The issue is context and what context you are making your comparison based deduction upon.

Very good players in the top leagues and top teams, that's not true.

But localise matters and then it becomes a different situation. Are we the best in Africa I would not say that but very good players in the African context a big resounding YES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2019
darkelf:

Gbam.

Bench mbappe ke.

Unless he gets a long term injury (1yr or more) and his replacement competes for a FIFA award.

grin

Thank you bro

Many of them will always say I am sentimental
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
isan:
African team of the year
Bros Nah AHMED MUSA not mahrez. check CAC website for confirmation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
Dannyxy:

Naija has very good players.. And nigeria is my favorite to win the African nations cup..

Thank you bros ,this is what I have been waiting to hear
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
komekn:

There seems to be a never ending contention about the topic of world class, top class, average, etc.

So what's above average and what is average ❓

IMO, they are very fluid terms and difficult to put a definitive parameter upon. Particularly if it is taken in and out of context.

For example Ogu may be considered as an above average player. However, take him out of Isreal where he is above average and to a more competitive league and he becomes well below average. Considering Isreali league is rated 27th in Europe.

Odion Ighalo in his last stint in the EPL had lost form quite badly. Meanwhile as soon he gets to China he becomes a Tiger.

So the matter get as he be.

Above average means better than average.

At the highest level, we have above average players.

Iwobi is not an average player. Still has some rough edges but he is above average. Not world class but He is quality.

Chukwueze will not be getting the interest from top teams if he is not considered quality.

We are not a world class team but i won't label all our players average.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (5308) (5309) (5310) (5311) (5312) (5313) (5314) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Alfryd, Badbunny and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.