Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,895 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11853508 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5339) (5340) (5341) (5342) (5343) (5344) (5345) ... (16246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
tbaba1234:

It is more difficult in South America than in Africa because the players are discovered early.

Yea players like Iheanacho or Iwobi will find it difficult almost impossible to falsify their age

For players like Ndidi or Uzoho... lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:32am On Jan 07, 2019
DrLikita12:
NNL Super8 started today and it will go on till the 10th.
Gombe United v Kogi Utd 1-1 FT
Bendel Insurance v Delta Force 3-0 FT
Remo Stars v 3SC 3-0 FT
Real Stars FC v Kada City FC 2-1 (at last update; I don't know what the final scores were)

Tosin Omoleye completed a transfer from Plateau United to an Egyptian club about a week ago.
Nawa for club football publicity in naija. Even Medical sef is eyesore. Who sabi Nogoom now eey dey get better packaging like this sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:37am On Jan 07, 2019
krattoss:
Newport winning Leicester.
Many players are lucky to be where they re. Not that they really the best, but because they re lucky and privileged.

Yeah its true. What one guy called Nottingham of Blackpool did against Iwobi's Arsenal shows that the EPl isnt complete enough.

Some guys need to just tap such talents fast. He was just dribbling and dribbling that every time he got the ball, my mind was alteady processing that he wouldnt be intercepted atall throughout the match. Was a nightmare to Kolasinac. But cos of media stuff we dont see such stuff.

Besides, all these modern tacticians that are really anti-dribbling, are killing what made us love football. He fit come better club now and the manager would tell him to pass more and dribble less, blah blah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:40am On Jan 07, 2019
komekn:

That's complete Balderdash.

When VM broke through at Crystal Palace and then Wigan Liverpool etc etc How did National call up to the SE propel his career.

That's total misinformation.
The national team helped him career, that is as bold as the eiffel tower in france.

Dyu understand what it means to be the love almost 150million peeps watching you everytime you kick a ball for the national team? So the jersey gwg did not affect VM career in your own thoughts? wow!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:12am On Jan 07, 2019
Earthquake1:

Yea players like Iheanacho or Iwobi will find it difficult almost impossible to falsify their age

Look at this picture of Kaka with his name on the books of a club like Sao Paulo. At this stage, he is already known. What you are missing is the big club and popularity. To a certain extent, Iwobi fits the bill. It is hard for a player like Iwobi to falsify his age.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:28am On Jan 07, 2019
andrew444:

I have said it before

I told guys around me at first

At second I quoted someone here

Once again Vinicius junior is a crappy overrated player ,Brazilian scam

Chukwueze will do better than that young tout in the Madrid team

Mind you I am not overrating chukwueze,because I have always caution people who do that,Vinicius is a crappy player ,can you imagine getting a 17 years old unproven talent for 45 million just because he is Brazilian

I can bet everything I own that you absolutely did not watch yesterday's match. Vinicius was easily the best player on the pitch, by far. As in he kept on destroying his marker over and over and over again, and he kept on creating chances and he kept on going for goal and he kept on interchanging neat passes with Benzema, in fact the Madrid fans all applauded him after an audacious effort towards the end of the game. If you truly watched this match in particular before typing this then I wonder the kind of game you watched.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2019
Mickael2:

I can bet everything I own that you absolutely did not watch yesterday's match. Vinicius was easily the best player on the pitch, by far. As in he kept on destroying his marker over and over and over again, and he kept on creating chances and he kept on going for goal and he kept on interchanging neat passes with Benzema, in fact the Madrid fans all applauded him after an audacious effort towards the end of the game. If you truly watched this match in particular before typing this then I wonder the kind of game you watched.

I watch the game bro ,I am talking of Vinicius as being overrated and not about yesterday game in general

Vinicius was denied a penalty yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2019
Mickael2:

I wonder too o
I didn't watch the match but when guys here said he was overrated based on yesterday's match, I went to read various commentaries, and I think he had a nice game from what I gathered

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:36am On Jan 07, 2019
daveP:
The national team helped him career, that is as bold as the eiffel tower in france.

Dyu understand what it means to be the love almost 150million peeps watching you everytime you kick a ball for the national team? So the jersey gwg did not affect VM career in your own thoughts? wow!!

How did national team help Moses ?

I have been hearing all this talk since but I just ignore

So the national team made conte to use him at Chelsea ?

Victor moses that was un capped at Wigan before Chelsea got him

The national team didn't help victor moses club career

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:26am On Jan 07, 2019
Mickael2:

Some arguments are left untouched bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:29am On Jan 07, 2019
daveP:

Vic Moses was not playing for the national team when he earned his move to Chelsea(I think that was the season he had the most take ons in the epl or something).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Bendel is playing like a team who already celebrated their promotion. Tosin should have played a season under Maikaba, it would have helped him alot

I agree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2019
Earthquake1:

With regards to Iwobi 100% correct he started getting international corroboration in his documentation from the age of 12 months when he got his first passport and visa to go to Turkey. Following that he then moved to London at about 3 +
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:37am On Jan 07, 2019
edi287:

Vic Moses was not playing for the national team when he earned his move to Chelsea(I think that was the season he had the most take ons in the epl or something).

Help me ask them how did the national team help Moses

Some people are just always bias

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:43am On Jan 07, 2019
komekn:

With regards to Iwobi 100% correct he started getting international corroboration in his documentation from the age of 12 months when he got his first passport and visa to go to Turkey. Following that he then moved to London at about 3 +

International corroboration Boy simply went to visit Okocha in Turkey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:57am On Jan 07, 2019
daveP:

Spatial delusion.

VM is in the UK his professional career is not impacted by the hysterical praise singing of 150 million people on the the other side of the planet.

Maybe in Nigeria it may seem so bit certainly not in England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:01am On Jan 07, 2019
tbaba1234:

International corroboration Boy simply went to visit Okocha in Turkey.

Well it was a very long visit that lasted almost two years apparently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2019
Joebie:
Kai League 2 side

I remember our good friend BascoVanVeli called the league one teams a bunch of agricultural engineers and farmers. Now this wasn't league one bit a further step down to league two.

That KC is way too good for the league and our players from the NPFL he implied are better.

Well what will BascoVanVeli say now, first of all his highly rated strikers were impotent against these farmers.

I watched our players and l have watched both of KC and Success.

In a physical game with KC leading the line against the farmers and agricultural engineers from Newport. KC was completely out of his depth. Zero hold up play and no aerial superiority.

I was more shocked by Isaac Success, who l expected to completely dominate proceedings was getting bullied off the ball by agricultural engineers.

I remember making the comments that KC will struggle in the championship and many jumped on the abuse wagon against me. Many said KC would be scoring goals for fun in the championship, l said I very much doubt it. This was as they tried to downplay the quality of Josh Maja.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2019
grin
Mickael2:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2019
grin
komekn:

I remember our good friend BascoVanVeli called the league one teams a bunch of agricultural engineers and farmers. Now this wasn't league one bit a further step down to league two.

That KC is way too good for the league and our players from the NPFL he implied are better.

Well what will BascoVanVeli say now, first of all his highly rated strikers were impotent against these farmers.

In a physical game with KC leading the line against the farmers and agricultural engineers from Newport. KC was completely out of his depth. Zero hold up play and no aerial superiority.

I was more shocked by Isaac Success, who l expected to completely dominate proceedings was getting bullied off the ball by agricultural engineers.

I remember making the comments that KC will struggle in the championship and many jumped on the abuse wagon against me. Many said KC would be scoring goals for fun in the championship, l said I very much doubt it. This was as they tried to downplay the quality of Josh Maja.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2019
komekn:

Watford and Leicester used completely different teams. I watched both matches and your analysis is false and misleading. Nacho was perfect holding the ball up but the midfield offered nothing. Isaac bullied that team so I don't know what you are talking about

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2019
mostob:
martin Odegaard comes to mind

Madrid bought Martin for chicken change

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
junnyjake:
1. Most Controversial Poster: Forgiveness
2. Most Interactive Poster: Icon4s
3. Most Intelligent Poster: Mujtahida
4. Most Resourceful Poster: tbaba1234
5. Most Respectful Poster: Kog45
6. Most Consistent Poster: Komekn.
7. Most Positive Poster: TheSuperNerd
8. Best Sense of Humor: Taliban
9. Most Critical Poster: Mickael2
10. Nicest Poster: Soetanoreoluwa
11. Most Influential Poster: Icon4s
12. Most Pro-Foreign Born Poster: CharlesEmeka85
13. Most Pro-Naija League Poster:Bascovanvelli
14. People's Favourite: Safarigirl.
15. Most Sentimental: andrew444
16. Notorious Silent Reader: confun
17. Impressive Thread Newbie: Bleep
18. Diehard Super Eagles Fan: All of us.
19. Best Friends: Kratoss and Chriskels
20. Most Outstanding Poster: Tbaba1234.
21. Overall Best Poster: TheGoodJoe
22. Top Dramatic Topics: Iheanacho related
lol....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2019
ejaria to join reading on loan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2019
komekn:

That's complete Balderdash.

When VM broke through at Crystal Palace and then Wigan Liverpool etc etc How did National call up to the SE propel his career.

That's total misinformation.

Allow me to use ur tone. What you just posted is nonsensical and irrational , devoid of common sense. Hows that? How is his absence from the national team helping him out? Oh i forgot.... its Southgate talking..... keep it up!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2019
daveP:

You dey mind that Boro puppet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Native101: 3:21pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2019
CAF will announce the host of the 2019 afcon on Wednesday .
Egypt or South Africa?

Like for Egypt... share for SA grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2019
Simy nwankwo joins lokeren in belgium

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
Bendel Insurance has qualified for NPFL 2019. They top their group with six points after winning both of their two games.
Delta FC and are eliminated after loosing the two games they've played so far.

Today's games (FT):
Bendel Insurance v Remo Stars 1-0
Kada City FC v Kogi Utd 3-0
Shooting Stars v Delta Force FC 2-0
Gombe Utd v Real Stars FC 1-0

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
Danielnino00:
CAF will announce the host of the 2019 afcon on Wednesday .

Egypt or South Africa?

Like for Egypt... share for SA grin

Let Egypt host jare.

I would like to see SA battle it out with Libya for that second spot. grin That game na die grin

#TeamLibya grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
DrLikita12:
Bendel Insurance has qualified for NPFL 2019. They top their group with six points after winning both of their two games.
Delta FC and are eliminated after loosing the two games they've played so far.

Today's games (FT):
Bendel Insurance v Remo Stars 1-0
Kada City FC v Kogi Utd 3-0
Shooting Stars v Delta Force FC 2-0
Gombe Utd v Real Stars FC 1-0

Up Bendel!!!

The NPFL is finally back to the City of Benin cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5339) (5340) (5341) (5342) (5343) (5344) (5345) ... (16246) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), Odunayaw(m), skallion7(m), solonnachi and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.