Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11778973 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5342) (5343) (5344) (5345) (5346) (5347) (5348) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2019
Earthquake1:

Claude will be gone before the end of January

Leicester are in the top half, not battling relegation.

How easy are Soton finding it, after sacking him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
andrew444:
Claude puel selling ibora to Villarreal ,a player who has never put one foot wrong in a game ,what a shame ,I think adrien Silva is next,some coaches sha.

He just doesn't know what's wrong with him?

The Iborra - Ndidi partnership was really pleasant to watch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2019
andrew444:

Go and check lcfc page on instagram the insult is too much ,fans where saying ghezzal and nacho deserve to be sold and they are saying iborra/Silva should be pairing ndidi

I'm still not sure what he's trying to do.

But from what I've noticed with Leicester's last PL game, I could see Ndidi play more offensive, while Mendy stays behind to cover the defense, how productive that would be, would be left for us to see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2019
junnyjake:

Leicester are in the top half, not battling relegation.

How easy are Soton finding it, after sacking him?
He's not getting sacked. Leicester are 7th place if I'm not mistaken...why would they sack him??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2019
Mickael2:

I hope you watched Origi today, Liverpool's midfield was disastrous, hardly created any good chance yet he covered himself in glory, that is the definition of a fringe player taking his chances. Yesterday was supposed to be Iheanacho's chance go shine, to take the initiate and force his way back into reckoning and now we are blaming his teammates. First it was Leicester, then we blamed Puel(despite the fact that Leicester may just finish 7th and qualify for the Europa all things bring equal) and now we are blaming his teammates, next it will be the bus driver that conveyed them to the stadium, from there we will blame the mascot for dancing too much, then we will blame the fans for not composing a song for him and blah blah blah

Please, I have made my point and it is so simple. The system does not suit Nacho. The point is too simple. From Shakespeare, it was the same. Terrible systems that does not suit Nacho. Mourinho was delivering results and titles for Manchester United, that did not stop the old dogs of Manchester United like Giggs and Scholes to point out the detriment of Mourinho's negativity to the players.

So telling me Puel came 7th does not in anyway change the point. We can expect Nacho to work his socks off to make something out of it. But, I will not judge him on that. I pointed this before Nacho moved.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2019
Mickael2:

Why not purchase an attacking club then make a bid for Iheanacho

This is more of an attack than an analysis. You should be bigger than this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2019
bazooka1:

In the event he doesn't get the chance to play in such a system till he retired. How will you rate his career?

It is his choice. Money or football. If Nacho wants to make something out of his career, he can change his course, take a reduction in wages and work towards playing in a better system.

I do not spend time criticising. I try to find out what is wrong and point out a solution.

I hope Nacho makes the right decision and gets himself in an offensive creative side. That is all.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
raindodger13:

I know we have talented players young players, I even listed them in the previous post. We are also talented enough to win Afcon. But I thinking about the Super Eagles in the light of the Global stage. But we've competed in the World Cup since 1994 and have never made it past the round of 16. Im just tired of being labeled as an African footballing power, I want us finally evolve into a World Footballing Power with World Class Players.

In my opinion combining the experience of a decent player like Moses with the talent of Samu will help us get closer to that. I don't necessarily see Moses as part of the long term plan for the GWG.

raindodger13:

I know we have talented players young players, I even listed them in the previous post. We are also talented enough to win Afcon. But I thinking about the Super Eagles in the light of the Global stage. But we've competed in the World Cup since 1994 and have never made it past the round of 16. Im just tired of being labeled as an African footballing power, I want us finally evolve into a World Footballing Power with World Class Players.

In my opinion combining the experience of a decent player like Moses with the talent of Samu will help us get closer to that. I don't necessarily see Moses as part of the long term plan for the GWG.

Moses isn't World Class, so, I beg you not to overestimate his importance to the team.

I don't know if you've personally lost passion, lost motivation to carry on with something you once loved.

If you have, you'd know that it's near impossible to get back to those days before things changed.

anybody forcing you to come back annoys you with their constant pleas, it's not a pleasant experience.

I've been there and know what it feels like, so let's allow Moses enjoy his retirement, as i'm certain, he can't give his 100% on the pitch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
edi287:

He's not getting sacked. Leicester are 7th place if I'm not mistaken...why would they sack him??

Yeah, and I'm wondering how folks are reasoning along that lane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:09am On Jan 08, 2019
komekn:

The phrase " Rose tinted spectacles " always comes to my mind when you make commentary with any Nigerian born local sourced player.

Skysports is one of the more reputable international sports media outlets. From thier assessment Isaac Success, was the worst players on both sides getting a 5 rating the lowest on both sides.

See link below

https://www.skysports.com/football/woking-vs-watford/403486

To further expose the delusional, l have taken an excerpt from the Watford Observer a local paper that is heavily biased towards Watford. See below they rated Isaac Success a very poor 4.Thier comments are below.

Isaac Success - 4

This was a game in which Success should have run the Woking defence ragged, but instead, they got the measure of the Nigerian very early on.

On an afternoon in which he struggled to make an impact, he frequently conceded possession, ballooned an ambitious overhead kick over the bar and got booked for diving.

His misery will have been compounded after being subbed on 71 minutes, only to see his replacement Troy Deeney score almost immediately.

Simply put, he looked completely bereft of confidence

So please Nwokem, which match did you watch ❓ l watched the game, and I saw Succes bullied off the ball, very early on. He almost went flying. Chei Oyibo were deh chop potato, come bully you, the guy fall my hand. I felt shame.

KC also got an abysmal rating was ranked 2nd worst player with a scoring of 5 just above Okazaki who had a score of 4.

See link https://www.skysports.com/football/newport-vs-leicester/403480

You said two things, first that both Leicester and Watford fielded completely different teams. Then you said you watched the game. I am lost for words.

The only major player left out of that Leicester side was Vardy, everybody else is more or less first team player. KC was given the stage to show his quality, unfortunately he did not.l could go into detail about how poor he was but there is no need.

Watford put out a strong side with the larger, there were no academy youth players as such.

Arsenal played Blackpool and used thier youth team to dominate proceedings. Considering that Blackpool is a league one team and Woking in league two. That should tell you something.

You're a very interesting somebody, aren't you Komekn?

You were thesame person forbidding everyone from using LaLiga's rating of Chukwueze as one of the best U-21s in Spain.

You said we should use our brains instead and not allow the media, do the thinking for us. Wayodude, you should remember this argument.

Now, you can run to your online sources to corroborate your negative stand against those players.

You're just too predictable.

PS : Don't come at me with your usual dumb "context" lectures, it won't fly with me this time.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:22am On Jan 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

It is his choice. Money or football. If Nacho wants to make something out of his career, he can change his course, take a reduction in wages and work towards playing in a better system.

I do not spend time criticising. I try to find out what is wrong and point out a solution.

I hope Nacho makes the right decision and get himself in an offensive creative side. That is all.

I don't think Leicester City will stand in his way if they get a bid for him. Obviously they will struggle to recoup the money invested in him but they won't stand in his way.
Question is, which ultra offensive team will be on the look out for Nacho? With lots of young players with an upside to their game, teams will rather fancy getting them in just like Odoi and Diaz, for instance than someone who is seen to have failed.

Football buisness can be unforgiving, especially for people of colour. Secondly, modern managers are under pressure these days to perform. Club CEOs literally have their fingers on the trigger ready to fire.
With this in mind, managers are meticulous in their purchase as they are looking for players who will hit the ground running.

Nacho might have to take a step down to rebuild his reputation,before getting back up once more.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30am On Jan 08, 2019
bazooka1:

I don't think Leicester City will stand in his way if they get a bid for him. Obviously they will struggle to recoup the money invested in him but they won't stand in his way.
Question is, which ultra offensive team will be on the look out for Nacho? With lots of young players with an upside to their game, teams will rather fancy getting them in just like Odoi and Diaz, for instance than someone who is seen to have failed.

Football buisness can be unforgiving, especially for people of colour. Secondly, modern managers are under pressure these days to perform. Club CEOs literally have their fingers on the trigger ready to fire.
With this in mind, managers are meticulous in their purchase as they are looking for players who will hit the ground running.

Nacho might have to take a step down to rebuild his reputation,before getting back up once more.

As I said, it is his choice. Either he wants to stay making money or take some loses to propel his career. I just pointed out why he is not doing well and suggested the solution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:36am On Jan 08, 2019
junnyjake:

Yeah, and I'm wondering how folks are reasoning along that lane.
Need to realize Leicester aren't a big team and shouldn't be playing champagne football. Puel is squeezing out all he can from that team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:26am On Jan 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I hope Nacho makes the right decision and get himself in an offensive creative side. That is all.
The Good Mind, good thinking, good spirit, TheGoodJoe.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:43am On Jan 08, 2019
junnyjake:

I'm still not sure what he's trying to do.

But from what I've noticed with Leicester's last PL game, I could see Ndidi play more offensive, while Mendy stays behind to cover the defense, how productive that would be, would be left for us to see.

If you say so bro, All coaches and their choices sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:44am On Jan 08, 2019
junnyjake:

He just doesn't know what's wrong with him?

The Iborra - Ndidi partnership was really pleasant to watch.

Thank you

Am glad you know about this

Iborra is a very classy player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:27am On Jan 08, 2019
bazooka1:

I agree with all what you said

But a step down to where ? As in what league or what club ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:40am On Jan 08, 2019
edi287:

Under Vieira - probably(I remember that solo goal he scored against Manure's U21) but under Pellegrini and Pep?? I don't think so.
He didn't do too much outside the box and it took me a while to admit he was nothing more than a lethal finisher with a good final pass.
From what I had heard of his U17 Performances, I was expecting an Aguero or even a RVP type of forward. He is neither.
It's time to call it what it is - dude has not been an all rounder in senior football.

Meaning you didn't follow that U17 team? Where were you? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:53am On Jan 08, 2019
Icon4s:

Meaning you didn't follow that U17 team? Where were you? shocked
Nah I missed that tournament...can't explain how.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 08, 2019
Egypt it is

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:15am On Jan 08, 2019
bazooka1:

This was straight forward and poetic at the same time grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:44am On Jan 08, 2019
krattoss:
Egypt it is

To be announced in Dakar at 10am today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2019
edi287:

Nah I missed that tournament...can't explain how.

Thanks for being truthful unlike some that just started knowing these players when they only started playing professional football and they are mostly those they would say those players are 35years olds. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:06am On Jan 08, 2019
DrLikita12:
Bendel Insurance has qualified for NPFL 2019. They top their group with six points after winning both of their two games.
Delta FC and are eliminated after loosing the two games they've played so far.

Today's games (FT):
Bendel Insurance v Remo Stars 1-0
Kada City FC v Kogi Utd 3-0
Shooting Stars v Delta Force FC 2-0
Gombe Utd v Real Stars FC 1-0
\

Bendel Insurance have not qualified. See how the table stands:

Insurance 6pts +4GD
Remo Stars 3pts +2GD
3SC 3pts -1GD
Delta 0pts -5GD

All 4 teams have varying degrees of chances to qualify. Bendel Insurance can still crash out and Delta Force can still qualify. How?

See the permutations:
Next fixtures: Insurance vs 3SC, Remo vs Delta
For Delta Force to qualify they need to beat Remo Stars by 4-0 and hope Insurance beats 3SC by any margin.
For 3SC to qualify they need to beat Insurance by any margin and hope Delta Force beats Remo by any margin or If Remo beats Delta Force 3SC need to beat insurance by 3-0.
For Remo Stars to qualify they need to beat Delta Force and irrespective of what happens elsewhere they will qualify
For Bendel insurance to Crash out they will have to lose by 3-0 to 3SC and Remo beats Delta Force by any margin
For Bendel Insurance to qualify they will have to avoid losing by more than 2-0 to 3SC.

Well, this is the NPFL/NNL where anything can happen grin All 4 teams are still in the race. Though I tip Bendel Insurance and Remo Stars to qualify.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2019
Forgiveness is gonna like this;

Sporting CP to return with a new bid after seeing English Championship side, Reading FC turn down their first bid, to bring back their old boy, Tiago Ilori 25 to Portugal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:28am On Jan 08, 2019
Do u consider Emmanuel Emenike a super eagles legend?

Every opinion counts but no preconceptions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2019
junnyjake:

You're a very interesting somebody, aren't you Komekn?

You were thesame person forbidding everyone from using LaLiga's rating of Chukwueze as one of the best U-21s in Spain.

You said we should use our brains instead and not allow the media, do the thinking for us. Wayodude, you should remember this argument.

Now, you can run to your online sources to corroborate your negative stand against those players.

You're just too predictable.

PS : Don't come at me with your usual dumb "context" lectures, it won't fly with me this time.
hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

It is simple logic. Aguero will perform better with the key players in the team than when they are not there. If the player is not scoring with key players, how do you expect a better performance without them?

In other words, he's not good enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 8:32am On Jan 08, 2019
Mickael2:

Why not purchase an attacking club then make a bid for Iheanacho

grin grin grin grin

Comedy show
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38am On Jan 08, 2019
Utonwanne:

In other words, he's not good enough

Thierry Henry was not good enough at Juventus and was one of the best in the history of the game at Arsenal.

Forlan was not good enough at Manchester United but was the best attacker in Europe at Villarreal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2019
Icon4s:
\

Bendel Insurance have not qualified. See how the table stands:

Insurance 6pts +4GD
Remo Stars 3pts +2GD
3SC 3pts -1GD
Delta 0pts -5GD

All 4 teams have varying degrees of chances to qualify. Bendel Insurance can still crash out and Delta Force can still qualify. How?

See the permutations:
Next fixtures: Insurance vs 3SC, Remo vs Delta
For Delta Force to qualify they need to beat Remo Stars by 4-0 and hope Insurance beats 3SC by any margin.
For 3SC to qualify they need to beat Insurance by any margin and hope Delta Force beats Remo by any margin or If Remo beats Delta Force 3SC need to beat insurance by 3-0.
For Remo Stars to qualify they need to beat Delta Force and irrespective of what happens elsewhere they will qualify
For Bendel insurance to Crash out they will have to lose by 3-0 to 3SC and Remo beats Delta Force by any margin
For Bendel Insurance to qualify they will have to avoid losing by more than 2-0 to 3SC.

Well, this is the NPFL/NNL where anything can happen grin All 4 teams are still in the race. Though I tip Bendel Insurance and Remo Stars to qualify.

I agree.
Keep in mind though, that Delta Force has not won a single game so far. Bendel Insurance would have to do something monumentally stupid to not qualify at this point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2019
ChrisKels:
Forgiveness is gonna like this;

Sporting CP to return with a new bid after seeing English Championship side, Reading FC turn down their first bid, to bring back their old boy, Tiago Ilori 25 to Portugal

I don't need to be happy about a move Tiago because I know with time he will see suitors seeking for his services.

Many people said he will flop in Championship even before he started kicking the ball but I argued against that insinuation. Today, we can all see with our two eyes what he has become.

Look at the way he defended, held and distributed the ball against Manchester United. Showed how he has improved with time.

Have I been vindicated? Time will tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5342) (5343) (5344) (5345) (5346) (5347) (5348) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m), komekn(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.