Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11632093 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5346) (5347) (5348) (5349) (5350) (5351) (5352) ... (16137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think Theirry Henry would have adapted at Juventus with a style that was hard for him to fit in? Does that mean Henry was a player without great abilities? What of Diego Forlan who failed woefully at Manchester United?

Let me help you add. Mohammed Salah failed at Chelsea, went to Roma and Came back to Blow at Liverpool. Romelu Lukaku was a "waste pipe" at Chelsea but had a good spell at Everton and early part of his Manchester United career.
Robben was a flop at Chelsea but went to become a scoring machine at Bayern Munich.

But the question is how many players had this kind of change of fortune in their careers?

Iheanacho really needs to step up his game. He and Isaac Success should be playing at higher levels than they are presently. Their partnership in the Super Eagles should have been tearing down defenses now. But like I said before this is not something new to some of us. We have seen great talents fail to live up to expectations. We just hope this will not be the case for Iheanacho and Success.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:
Komekn try watch Chukwueze in La Liga. I would like to hear your own analysis without making reference to EPL.

your paddy will only watch the day the dude has a bad game....

trust him to spill words that day.
I don't know what you need his validation for?
some of us on these thread do make some.annoying folks here feel too important.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
Let’s go over to SS10 for the CAF Awards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2019
PietroRick:
I was in primary school when Bendel Insurance got relegated.
I'm currently in my 5th year in the university.. Lol

Its good to have them back.

I had the opportunity of watching a few of their matches as they have been using my school's sports complex.

Congratulations to them, even though they were always coming to displace us from our field because training.
At least it wasn't for nothing grin

so you school in uniben?
they sometimes use FGGC filed too...

I was in junior secondary school then when they got relegated.
it pains me to my bone....
I think oshomhole tenure did even more harm... Mr. ebewele and co were sidelined from From scheme of things and even a two factional board emerged.

I will be so happy to have them back in the npl.
I so much love them...then...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
The legends of CAF football on stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
DrLikita12:

I doubt lol

do u v information probably d last matches in both groups of d super8 tomorrow will be played simultaneously to avoid issues of fixing or unprecedented results
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
Humility017:

Brother...forget that afcon.
whenever these north Africans except Libya host these tourney winning them is impossible even France can't beat them in their own backyard.

abeg forget the afcon oooh..
i hope var will be used.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Egypt is fine. Most of the conflict is in the Sinai.

Fanatical violent fans?? They play league games every week without any incidents.

Al Ahly Ultras are no different from hooligan groups in Russia where the world cup just took place.

I would disagree 74 people were killed in a shocking incident of depraved football violence. It was 6 years ago but those issues still remain.

My gut feeling, prejudice view born out of the views expressed by the coptic Christians in Egypt and quite a few other groups. Has not been mitigated by any current or existing measures.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Brendan spoke to me in Spanish and he told me to give him time, to give him a chance, and that I would like the way we were going to play. It would suit me. He said we would bring the ball out on the floor, keep possession and play attacking football.

The new style suited me. Playing in England where all the centre-backs are tall and strong, the long punt up the pitch is no good to me, but a quick ball to release me either side of them works well. Mostly, I need the ball on the floor and Brendan knew that and he also worked with me on the movements I could make to isolate defenders. He was confident that if I could take them on one-on-one, I would be likely to beat them. He was keen to play to my strengths and my style suited his.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/27/luis-suarez-brendan-rodgers-liverpool

If you will not listen to me or Icon79, listen to the words of Suarez. There are style that suits players. They can adapt and play a different system but you can not get the best from them in a system that does not suit them.

At City, Nacho was not just a good player but he was hitting stats that was as good as some of the best in the game. Suarez made it clear that there was a strategy to make sure he had good chances at a high rate to strike goals.

I don't want to even listen to BRENDAN sef,

but one thing you forgot is that SUAREZ was a point man, a striker, and building the team around him during that time is understandable,

but you are not saying the team should be built around NACHO are you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2019
krattoss:
mehn u ve been to every where in the world cheesy
let me shock you a little.
Dude visited travelled those places by road...

He even made plans on travelling to Morocco all the way from England here on nairaland he explained the road map...
don't know if he still embarked on the journey...

he plies transnational/continental route by car

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2019
krattoss:
i hope var will be used.
and safety of the opposition teams guaranteed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2019
Humility017:

let me shock you a little.
Dude visited travelled those places by road...

He even made plans on travelling to Morocco all the way from England here on nairaland he explained the road map...
don't know if he still embarked on the journey...

he plies transnational/continental route by car
hahahahahahaha.
Abeg leave our southgate alone Oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
Humility017:

and safety of the opposition teams guaranteed.
if they should try any fanaticism, ban awaits them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
komekn:

I haven't been to China yet or Japan yet.

I really wanted to go to Mauritania, Mali and Cote De Viore but AFCON is now in Egypt.
is touring part of ur job description?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

What is the state of your facilities?

1. Uyo stadium(in good condition) 30,000 capacity
2. Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium (renovation ends this month) 20,000 capacity
3. Delta Stadium (new stadium) 22,000
4. Abuja Stadium (grass can be fixed) 60,000 capacity
5. Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium(new stadium) 38,000
6. Enyimba Stadium (newly renovated) 25,500
7. Muhammadu Dikko Stadium (upgraded) 30,000/50,000
8. Sani Abacha stadium(in good condition) 16,000
9. Jalingo Stadium ( in good condition) 30,000
10. Teslim Balogun stadium (Lagos is rich to put in it perfect condition). 24,325

We can host AFCON.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2019
komekn:

I would disagree 74 people were killed in a shocking incident of depraved football violence. It was 6 years ago but those issues still remain.

My gut feeling, prejudice view born out of the views expressed by the coptic Christians in Egypt and quite a few other groups. Has not been mitigated by any current or existing measures.

Good that you admit to prejudice.

That was an isolated incident involving Al Ahly Ultras because of a lack of security at the stadium.

Russia had incident of Hooligan violence at the Euro 2016 but hosted the WC without incidents.

Egypt will host a good AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Those stadiums are better maintained than any in Nigeria.

We will need more than regrassing to get them in competition state.

Don't say what you don't know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
Nigeria wins Women National Team of the Year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2019
What are the state of these ?
forgiveness:

10. Teslim Balogun stadium (Lagos is rich to put in in perfect condition). 24,325

We can host AFCON.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
forgiveness:

10. Teslim Balogun stadium (Lagos is rich to put in in perfect condition). 24,325

We can host AFCON.

Uyo is only one and you will spend some money to get the grass in good condtion.

The Delta stadium is definitely not great. Did Rohr not complain recently the pitch condition.

We will have to spend a lot of money to repair and get these stadiums in competition standard.

It goes beyond fixing new grass.

The time is short. Egypt and South Africa already have stadiums that require little repairs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
Mauritania wins Men’s National Team of the Year #CAF2018Awards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Uyo is only one and you will spend some money to get the grass in good condtion.

The Delta stadium is definitely not great. Did Rohr not complain recently the pitch condition.

We will have to spend a lot of money to repair and get these stadiums in competition standard.

The time is short. Egypt and South Africa already have stadiums that require little repairs.
who told u Egypt don't have work to do on their stadiums?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:
What are the state of these ?

tbaba1234:

What is the state of your facilities?

2. Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Edo state (renovation ends this month) 20,000 capacity
5. Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Rivers state(new stadium) 38,000
6. Enyimba Stadium Abia state (newly renovated) 25,500
7. Muhammadu Dikko Stadium, Kastina State (upgraded) 30,000/50,000
8. Sani Abacha stadium, Kano state (in good condition) 16,000
9. Jalingo Stadium, Taraba ( in good condition) 30,000

We can host AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
krattoss:
who told u Egypt don't have work to do on their stadiums?

These stadiums are in far better condition than the ones we have and will require less work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
Icon4s:

Let me help you add. Mohammed Salah failed at Chelsea, went to Roma and Came back to Blow at Liverpool. Romelu Lukaku was a "waste pipe" at Chelsea but had a good spell at Everton and early part of his Manchester United career.
Robben was a flop at Chelsea but went to become a scoring machine at Bayern Munich.

But the question is how many players had this kind of change of fortune in their careers?

Iheanacho really needs to step up his game. He and Isaac Success should be playing at higher levels than they are presently. Their partnership in the Super Eagles should have been tearing down defenses now. But like I said before this is not something new to some of us. We have seen great talents fail to live up to expectations. We just hope this will not be the case for Iheanacho and Success.

Lukaku was not a " Waste pipe " l am shocked expected more depth from you.

Lukaku started playing for the first team of Anderlecht as 16 year old scoring 30 + goals. He then followed the money to Chelsea.

In three years as an official Chelsea players he got 10 games and not full games he was denied opportunity. Leaves to West Bromwich on loan after one season at Chelsea and in the first season he becomes one of the top goal scorers in the EPL.

Since 2012 Lukaku has always been among the top scorers in the EPL, to date. He had only one season as a teenager of relative inactivity at Chelsea. So on what basis are you calling him a " Waste pipe " l am bewildered.

De Bruyna, Salah, Robben were not flops.

For goodness sake Robben was awarded EPL player of the month he left Chelsea to Real Madrid for £35 million. Is that a player that has flopped

All these players were victims of the success now and very impatient Chelsea obsessed with winning. They left for lack of opportunity and better options they did not flop as you put it.

Your hole discourse seems to based on fantasy football.

There is no comparison to thier football progression to the careers of KC and Success. If you call 18 year old Lukaku a waste pipe after one season effectively as Chelsea player with the legend Drogba ahead of him.

What then can we describe Succes and KC as ❓ lt means my previous tag on him "WASTEMAN" was therefore overly generous.

Finally on what basis are you saying that Success and KC should be playing at a much higher level. Past youthful glories ❓

Success was " The beast " in a less physical La Liga according to many here, he was not even prolific with goals. KC was sheltered by playing with top world class players around him. But on his own without support he almost like a eunuch,very impotent.

These two players have had two seasons and three seasons in thier clubs and have not done anything.

What more is thier to say

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Oga, stop spewing your insinuations here. I just showed you stadiums that got renovated last year with millions/billions of Naira. You are talking about repairs and fixing of grass.

If you don't know ask.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
forgiveness:

2. Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Edo state (renovation ends this month) 20,000 capacity

We can host AFCON.

Agreed without question

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
Danycrusoe:

do u v information probably d last matches in both groups of d super8 tomorrow will be played simultaneously to avoid issues of fixing or unprecedented results

I don't have any info but as far as I know they are only using the Enyimba stadium. Maybe if there is another acceptable stadium in Aba they may consider playing the two Northern Conference games at the same time and then the two Southern Conference games.
We'll probably find out tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Good that you admit to prejudice.

That was an isolated incident involving Al Ahly Ultras because of a lack of security at the stadium.

Russia had incident of Hooligan violence at the Euro 2016 but hosted the WC without incidents.

Egypt will host a good AFCON.

I am sorry to burst the bubble but Egypt is not Russia.and this is regional African football, they are completely different.

However. I don't envisage millions of fans coming from across Africa to support thier teams.

I am expressing my personal bias if it was Senegal, Mali. Morocco even Burkina Faso l would go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2019
What do u mean by Lagos is rich to put in a perfect condition? We all know Nigeria can get several stadiums to perfect condition. But the question is what is the state of the stadiums right now considering our maintenance culture? And how much needs to be done to get tit standard completion ready? You say good condition. How good is this your good condition?

forgiveness:

We can host AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

In tropical Nigeria you can can transplant a perfect pitch in less than 4 weeks. Admittedly, " Na money kill beta fish "
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
Humility017:

Brother...forget that afcon.
whenever these north Africans except Libya host these tourney winning them is impossible even France can't beat them in their own backyard.

abeg forget the afcon oooh..

We won in Tunisia. I won't forget any AFCON that would just be ridiculous. So should we only focus on WAFU is that what u are saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5346) (5347) (5348) (5349) (5350) (5351) (5352) ... (16137) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Oasis007(m), LordTheus(m), TheGoodJoe(m), Christinu2, kennysville(m), Danielnino00(m), Tessyy1701 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.