Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11776831 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5348) (5349) (5350) (5351) (5352) (5353) (5354) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
What is the condition of the Teslim Balogun Stadium?

Oga u and I know that none of our stadiums are in perfect condition. No need for long talk.

At the moment Egypt would do a far better job hosting. We’ve been here before when we talked about airports etc. Anyone who tells me MMA2 is great is delusional or have not seen better airports. The Abuja airport is currently in construction, but I’m not expecting anything great.

Anyways we all have our different way of seeing things. What is perfect for you could be average at best for me.

forgiveness:

You are the one speaking balderdash and looking for loopholes to begin those your usual tribalism nonsense.

Stadiums in states that can afford great stadiums are in good conditions. Uyo, Delta, Rivers(only grass needs to be worked on) and even Edo. There was no need to emphasize on this.

Lagos case is different and it will take a state like Lagos willing to spend money to embark on such projects.

Do you think only stadium is involved? What about accommodation, transportation, security, logistics etc

Use your brain for once.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Which narrative has been changed??

If we had 2 years then maybe we can get the stadiums in shape.

They need repairs to political party jamboree. That's it.

7 of those stadiums don't repairs. Get that straight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:

Oga u and I know that none of our stadiums are in perfect condition. No need for long talk.

At the moment Egypt would do a far better job hosting. We’ve been here before when we talked about airports etc. Anyone who tells me MMA2 is great is delusional or have not seen better airports. The Abuja airport is currently in construction, but I’m not expecting anything great.

Anyways we all have our different way of seeing things. What is perfect for you could be average at best for me.

Did you go there to see it? Rubbish talk. Next
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
forgiveness:

Oga! You can't sit in foreign land and start telling us the state of stadiums in Nigeria. Just ask from people down here and they can tell you the situation of things.

Oga, i do not have to be inside Nigeria to know what is going on.

If we had 2 years to prepare, we can definitely get our stadiums to the right level.

But with 6 months to go, we are far from ready.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Alright.

Because of our poor maintenance culture, none of our grass pitch look as good.

May be climate plays a part too! Temperate vs tropical.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
Go where to see what? MMA2?
forgiveness:

Did you go there to see it? Rubbish talk. Next
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
mank1234:

May be climate plays a part too! Temperate vs tropical.

Nigeria has good enough weather to maintain great pitches. We just lack organization.

These stadia need daily/weekly/monthly routines of maintenance to keep them looking good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by InSanety: 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2019
How can players from teams that did not qualify for World Cup, make a list of 'FIFPro XI'?

How can Onyango make the list in a World Cup year?

How can Mahrez make best XI? Where was he when Nigeria ousted his Algeria from the World Cup?

What did Bailly do the entire year to put him on any best XI list?

What did Hakim do to beat Ndidi in Youth Player? Abi because he has 'Real Madrid' attached to his profile? Game for game, how was he better?

Even people wey chop bench most of last year for their clubs follow join for their Crap XI.

Instead of some discerning minds to see this scam for the joke it really is, they as usual, would rather use the opportunity to clown Nigerian players.

I don't even think Nigerian players are all that, but for them to be left out, we should know on what grounds the others made the list.

How can a CAF award be done in a World Cup year and the world cup participation was all but overlooked just so Ahmad can come up with this oluwole list?

CAF awards seems the only award that regularly defies logic in its choices, there is no defined criteria, a bunch of clowns will just sit down somewhere and pull random names out of a hat and we're all just supposed to swallow it because they attached CAF to it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:

Does one need great airports or a functional airport in good condition to host a mere AFCON?

Sometimes ehh, you wonder how Nigerians think.

Abuja airport is far better than all the airports in Sub Sahara Africa save for South African.

Which airport in Africa has train connected to the airport? Just two. Tambo international airport, South Africa and Casablanca international airport Morocco.

The almighty Egypt don't even have one.

Nigeria has 4 newly renovated and remodelled airports with newly built terminal.

How many does Egypt have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2019
Danielnino00:

Given up keh... If it was on a neutral venue, I would have bet everything that we can beat them.. But in their own backyard, it will be tough. North African teams can do anything to win games at home....

I watched the CAF champions league semi final second leg between Diportivo Agosto and Esperance and I just SMH...

We can beat Egypt even if we play on top of a pyramid. In fact I here and now declare that Nigeria will win the 2019 AFCON in Egypt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:

Chief I onced worked in airport for almost a year(2015) to be precise, as at den,MMA2,was just renovated,new,d MM1,arik wing is OK,den close to MM1 where AIR PEACE Is too was newly built and was commissioned den by Jonathan's wife,I was dere, cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
You know the discussion I am referencing. Then, we talked about the best AFCON experience. And ofourse the airport which greets the players and officials is the first first-hand impression of the host country. Or maybe u think otherwise — typical of Nigerians
forgiveness:

Do one need great airports or a functional airport in good condition to host a mere AFCON?

Abuja airport is far better than all the airports in Sub Sahara Africa save for South African.

Which airport in Africa has train connected to the airport? Just two. Tambo international airport, South Africa and Casablanca international airport Morocco.

Nigeria has 4 newly renovated and remodelled airports with newly built terminal.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Origi didn't do anything apart from that goal and u know it. I agree that I blamed his teammates for bad service but what do u know the coach also felt the exact same way and gave that same analysis.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11579915/kelechi-iheanacho-needs-better-service-from-leicester-team-mates-says-claude-puel

Puel says Iheanacho, who joined Leicester from Manchester City for £25m in August 2017, is making the right runs and showing good movement in attack but needs better service from the midfield to help him score goals.

"I think in his last game he was available between defenders a lot and he made many good runs behind the opponents' line without receiving good service," Puel said.

"We need to improve our play between the attacking players and the midfield, to give a good pass in the right moment.

"For an attacking player or striker they need good service. We can improve in this and we have progress to make."

I believe we are talking about his last match. That comment was made long ago, definitely before the game against Chelsea because you posted it then too, let's bring it back to where we was.

Now back to Origi he kept on making runs, at some point he was the one connecting the midfield to Sturridge in front of him and when that didn't work he created a goal virtually out of nothing, that is you taking your chances.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2019
elyte89:
Achraf hakimi wins youth player of d year(Africa)

#team we av world class players,no personal award dis year again cool

And then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
I was there just a couple weeks ago. Even if it’s at its newest state, it’s far below world standard — or the best in Africa.

elyte89:

Chief I onced worked in airport for almost a year(2015) to be precise, as at den,MMA2,was just renovated,new,d MM1,arik wing is OK,den close to MM1 where AIR PEACE Is too was newly built and was commissioned den by Jonathan's wife,I was dere, cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:
I was there just a couple weeks ago. Even if it’s at its newest state, it’s far below world standard — or the best in Africa.

Ehn,at least,it can be used,it doesn't av to b d best cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
InSanety:
How can players from the and that did not qualify for World Cup, make a list of 'FIFPro XI'?

How can Onyango make the list in a World Cup year?

How can Mahrez make best XI? Where was he when Nigeria ousted his Algeria from the World Cup?

What did Bailly do the entire year to put him on any best XI list?

What did Hakim do to beat Ndidi in Youth Player? Abi because he has 'Real Madrid' attached to his profile? Game for game, how was he better?

Even people wey chop bench most of last year for their clubs follow join for their Crap XI.

Instead of some discerning minds to see this scam just for the joke it really is, they as usual, would rather use the opportunity to clown Nigerian players.

I don't even think Nigerian players are all that, but for them to be left out, we should know on what grounds the others made the list.

How can a CAF award be done in a World Cup year and the world cup participation was all but overlooked just so Ahmad can come up with this oluwole list?

CAF awards seems the only award that regularly defies logic in its choices, there is no defined criteria, a bunch of clowns will just sit down somewhere and pull random names out of a hat and we're all just supposed to swallow it because they attacked CAF to it.

Hakimi has been one of the(if not the) best fullbacks in the Bundesliga this season, let's say it is recency bias. Besides Ndidi has been playing professional football for over 5 years I don't know why he was even nominated for that spot if I was him I wouldn't accept it and if I am to vote I wouldn't vote for him, Hakimi made his debut either this year or late last year for Madrid, fast forward 12 months later and he is a sure starter at Dortmund, I would vote for him myself.

I however agree with everything else you said. Not sure what Bailey is doing there but let us be honest apart from Ndidi(who was definitely nor better than that Ghanian boy that is keeping him out of that team) none of our players deserve to even be on the bench of that team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2019
elyte89:

MMA2 is managed by a private company owned by Babalakin

After renovation of MMA 1, we still had leaking roofs. Similar things happened in PH and Enugu.

The problem is not even with renovation. It is the lack of maintenance culture.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:49pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:

Let me ask you if you have been to Egypt recently. Based on the report I got from a colleague not too long ago I don't think they have better facilities, in Africa I would only admit that South Africa and Morocco have better facilities than we do all things considered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

MMA2 is managed by a private company owned by Babalakin

After renovation of MMA 1, we still had leaking roofs. Similar things happened in PH and Enugu.

The problem is not even with renovation. It is the lack of maintenance culture.

When it comes to this tournament who cares about maintenance? So long as it is in good condition that's all that is needed. Don't we have standard hotels? Training grounds? Pitches? Na because of airport them no go come again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2019
By the way as regards your claim about Egypt Airport, this was posted in 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap05_PmSe0Y

2012 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O92BxcFw2s

forgiveness:

Do one need great airports or a functional airport in good condition to host a mere AFCON?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
elyte89:
Officially released FIFPRO(AFRICAN 11)

NO NIGERIA PLAYER in D FIRST ELEVEN

#team we av world class talent cool
Amen, we don hear, how many times u go share this your testimony.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
Mickael2:

I believe we are talking about his last match. That comment was made long ago, definitely before the game against Chelsea because you posted it then too, let's bring it back to where we was.

Now back to Origi he kept on making runs, at some point he was the one connecting the midfield to Sturridge in front of him and when that didn't work he created a goal virtually out of nothing, that is you taking your chances.

No you were talking about the player boss. Your comment was all about demeaning Iheanacho but the fact remains the coach complained about the service he is receiving, he wasn't just referring to Chelsea or any other single game but the whole season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
Meliforme:
Amen, we don hear, how many times u go share this your testimony.

grin grin grin grin,who b dis one

Are u for team nacho or onyekuru cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Oga, i do not have to be inside Nigeria to know what is going on.

If we had 2 years to prepare, we can definitely get our stadiums to the right level.

But with 6 months to go, we are far from ready.

Let me help you.

1. Does Uyo stadium need repairs? Yes or No

2. Does Stephen Keshi stadium need major repairs? Yes or No

3. Does Benin stadium need major repairs? Answer yes or No after seeing the snapshot.

4. Does Enyimba Stadium need major repairs? Answer Yes or know after reading the source below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/enyimba-return-to-aba-stadium-after-renovations/ld40uhidib5e1j8qmrs6qdudk&ved=2ahUKEwihq43jkt_fAhVRURUIHbB9DdYQFjAMegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0q8TZDPq9xoMcxKbc4LoGE&ampcf=1

5. Does Muhammad Dikko stadium needs major repairs? Answer yes or no after reading the article.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://thenationonlineng.net/swan-lauds-katsina-stadium/&ved=2ahUKEwijws28lN_fAhVzXhUIHUe5ABMQFjAOegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3Co8b4s-EnEMTSLba3vihO

6. Does Abuja stadium needs major repairs? Answer yes or no after reading the article.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.qed.ng/finally-abuja-stadium-set-for-renovation/&ved=2ahUKEwiImL2Nld_fAhXTqHEKHUzvB1wQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0x3SaasYrRu46XTlh8_XhO

7. Does Port Harcourt stadium needs major repairs? Answer Yes or No.

If you don't know ask and stop writing authoritatively as if you know.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2019
Mickael2:

When it comes to this tournament who cares about maintenance? So long as it is in good condition that's all that is needed. Don't we have standard hotels? Training grounds? Pitches? Na because of airport them no go come again?

Agreed but are our stadia in good condition?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

No you were talking about the player boss. Your comment was all about demeaning Iheanacho but the fact remains the coach complained about the service he is receiving, he wasn't just referring to Chelsea or any other single game but the whole season.

Boss you were the one that said he failed to shine in that particular game because he played with bench warmers. Why would I be arguing about the player as a whole? I then said you guys have blamed absolutely everybody except Iheanacho that next will be their bus driver. If you want us to have a conversation about his performance this whole season then tell me and I will get out his heat maps, his xG conversion rates, pass accuracy and dribbling accuracy, at least these things don't depend on his teammates and we will see if it is good enough as well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2019
Okay your colleague visited the stadiums and checked out their facilities?

Mickael2:

Let me ask you if you have been to Egypt recently. Based on the report I got from a colleague not too long ago I don't think they have better facilities, in Africa I would only admit that South Africa and Morocco have better facilities than we do all things considered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2019
Haha. Any airport is usable as long as the plane can run on the runway. This guy u funny.

elyte89:

Ehn,at least,it can be used,it doesn't av to b d best cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
forgiveness:

Let me help you.

1. Does Uyo stadium need repairs? Yes or No

2. Does Stephen Keshi stadium need major repairs? Yes or No

3. Does Benin stadium need major repairs? Answer yes or No after seeing the snapshot.

4. Does Enyimba Stadium need major repairs? Answer Yes or know after reading the source below.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.goal.com/en-ng/amp/news/enyimba-return-to-aba-stadium-after-renovations/ld40uhidib5e1j8qmrs6qdudk&ved=2ahUKEwihq43jkt_fAhVRURUIHbB9DdYQFjAMegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0q8TZDPq9xoMcxKbc4LoGE&ampcf=1

5. Does Muhammad Dikko stadium needs major repairs? Answer yes or no after reading the article.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://thenationonlineng.net/swan-lauds-katsina-stadium/&ved=2ahUKEwijws28lN_fAhVzXhUIHUe5ABMQFjAOegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3Co8b4s-EnEMTSLba3vihO

6. Does Abuja stadium needs major repairs? Answer yes or no after reading the article.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.qed.ng/finally-abuja-stadium-set-for-renovation/&ved=2ahUKEwiImL2Nld_fAhXTqHEKHUzvB1wQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0x3SaasYrRu46XTlh8_XhO

7. Does Port Harcourt stadium needs major repairs? Answer Yes or No.

If you don't know ask and stop writing authoritatively as if you know.

All of them need repairs including Abuja.

We were supposed to play our world cup send off game on Abuja but the stadium was not ready in time. That stadium has not been used for any football activity since. You can only imagine the state of things there with all the politics and other assemblies since then.

The time is too short.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2019
tbaba1234:

Agreed but are our stadia in good condition?

I have been to Enyimba and Uyo stadiums, I didn't really see anything wrong with them,in fantastic condition by the way, as at two months ago I don't know if this Super 8 has laid waste to the Aba Township Stadium sha. And yes the other stadia that I have heard of have at least standard dressing rooms and things like this but some do have poor pitches, I am not sure that that cannot be sorted out within six months.

I am not disputing the fact that Egypt can host a nice tournament, maybe even a better tournament than Nigeria would but my point is we can comfortably host an Afcon tourney with only six months prior notice and it definitely won't be a disaster.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2019
Joebie:
But it was still under Rohr that KC was
banging in goals earlier. is his club form affecting him in the GWG, or has he simply regressed? You choose

The South African game we lost at Uyo did something to Rohr and killed his guts. Before then, he was not spectacular in creativity and attack but had some bravery to his game.
It also affected Nacho's play with Rohr.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5348) (5349) (5350) (5351) (5352) (5353) (5354) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Joebie, Lyster360, Kog45(m), Princezibk and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.