Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11672284 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5396) (5397) (5398) (5399) (5400) (5401) (5402) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Tomorrow no come dey deny say you ever compared Chukwueze with Rooney o. grin

I don bookmark this post grin

I am not comparing their careers. I am comparing the start of their careers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

For better or worse we are not England. Messi played this same tournament so no human under the age of 20 can ever be too big for it

If there was no AFCON, i would agree.

But if i am to choose one tournament for him to play, It will be AFCON.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Look up you go see one of them grin

Dem say Rooney "Exploded" grin
Me ask them say when will Chukwueze explode him own na? Them say na this AFCON o.

U said it urself, Dat Rooney xploded at the Euros, den we asked u how he made it to the Euros at such a young age, buh u dodged the question grin

Nobody ever said Chuks's explosion rests on the Afcon as Rooney's did on the Euros. Abi u get something to back it up? grin

By the balls, we hold u today grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

U said it urself, Dat Rooney xploded at the Euros, den we asked u how he made it to the Euros at such a young age, buh u dodged the question grin

Nobody ever said Chuks's explosion rests on the Afcon as Rooney's did on the Euros. Abi u get something to back it up? grin

By the balls, we hold u today grin grin

Abeg who fes bring Rooney matter into this discussion? undecided

Abeg go check who fes start that "exploded" talk and who say Samu go "explode" for AFCON. grin

Abeg make una leave here before Dem think say I don run mad as una wan kee me with laugh grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
elyte89:

Who dey compare chukwueze with Rooney again grin grin grin,make dem stop am abeg grin

Nobody did, we only compared their first seasons as professionals, before the Euro and now this forthcoming Afcon, respectively. There is nothing unhealthy about this bkus na talk, dey bring talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
tbaba1234:

I am not comparing their careers. I am comparing the start of their careers.

I am sure u know stats don't tell all the story. Chukwueze's starting stats may even have been better than those of Aguero, Hazard, Sallah or Mane.

Even at that u cannot compare the way Rooney started his career to that of Chukwueze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Abeg who fes bring Rooney matter into this discussion? undecided

Abeg go check who fes start that "exploded" talk and who say Samu go "explode" for AFCON. grin

Abeg make una leave here before Dem think say I don run mad as una wan kee me with laugh grin grin grin

I guess na tbaba1234 bring Rooney come to buttress a point that at a young age one can still shun youth tourneys for the major ones. But that "xplosion" na u bring am come when u said Rooney xploded at the Euros and not Everton.

Please stop the dribbles, answer this simple question; On what basis did Rooney make the Euros at such a young age? U know he had to stand on something to make the Euros that birthed his supposed xplosion grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

The Iheanacho that had the lowest minutes per goal for players with 10 games and above where his position for minute per goal dey now?

U now hitting below the belt bkus u beleaguered. What has Iheanacho got to do with this? Abi Iheanacho's career is gonna define Chukwueze's? Stat wise, does Chukwueze, just like Rooney deserve a place in the Afcon? Yes or no?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Bros this is a very simple thing to figure out.

But if you are hoping that Chukwueze will play both the U20 WC and AFCON good luck to your wishes.

The problem is that there are precedents to back what i am saying. Players have always been allowed to join these tournaments after they start. This was the same attitude u had towards me saying that Nigeria should use 3 at the back but las las we know what happened.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
tbaba1234:

If there was no AFCON, i would agree.

But if i am to choose one tournament for him to play, It will be AFCON.

But during the summer u said he should play U20.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
ChrisKels:

I guess na tbaba1234 bring Rooney come to buttress a point that at a young age one can still shun youth tourneys for the major ones. But that "xplosion" na u bring am come when u said Rooney xploded at the Euros and not Everton.

Please stop the dribbles, answer this simple question; On what basis did Rooney make the Euros at such a young age? U know he had to stand on something to make the Euros that birthed his supposed xplosion grin

I can bet you didn't watch Rooney play that season.Or probably u have forgotten. If you did you or u remember well u won't be making this type of comparison.

Besides, why dwelling only on Rooney? What of Owen?

That aside also, why did Argentina allow Messi and Aguero play the U20? They could have said "they are above the U20".

The bottom line is that U20 team needs a player like Chukwueze and Chukwueze is not above playing for U20 please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
In my own opinion i think chukweiser should go to AFCON coz he'll be great addition as we know that kalu has sealed the position he can come on at the second half to make impact I've never seen chukweiser as a winger but a supporting striker we can play a 4 3 3 formation in the first half but second half they can switch to 4 4 2 bringing ighalo out onyekuru and chukweiser for iwobi(cox he'd have been tired )it'll be like

musa. chukweiser

onyekuru mikel. ndidi. kalu

so without an iota of biasness and prejudices chukweiser should go to AFCON
#chukweiser TO AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mbjane: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

I can bet you didn't watch Rooney play that season.Or probably u have forgotten. If you did you or u remember well u won't be making this type of comparison.

Besides, why dwelling only on Rooney? What of Owen?

That aside also, why did Argentina allow Messi and Aguero play the U20? They could have said "they are above the U20".

The bottom line is that U20 team needs a player like Chukwueze and Chukwueze is not above playing for U20 please.

What do you expect from a 25/26 years old kid who have been thinking about me all xmas and have been disturbing my mention for stupid reasons

He won't learn and alway proud of him self .

Ogbeni chriskels you are a very stupid cow you have been dragging my name as if we are in a competition,please keep it up seems you are one of the lazy youth Buhari said about

Stupid fellow

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:34pm On Jan 18, 2019
I never saw that one coming

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
mbjane:

What do you expect from a 25/26 years old kid who have been thinking about me all xmas and have been disturbing my mention for stupid reasons

He won't learn and alway proud of him self .

Ogbeni chriskels you are a very stupid cow you have been dragging my name as if we are in a competition,please keep it up seems you are one of the lazy youth Buhari said about

Stupid fellow

Lol ur poor diction once again gave u away, I know uv bn waiting for an opportunity to log in with this account grin grin

We have only one unruly fellow here and u sound exactly like him yet u claim u aint same person? grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
Edopesin:
I never saw that one coming

In here, u sure know who u would expect such an uncouth outburst from. We all know one uncultured fellow in here and just as predicted, he's put on his other cloth to do his usual childish attacks in disguise grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

But during the summer u said he should play U20.

That was before his performance this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
Icon4s:

I am sure u know stats don't tell all the story. Chukwueze's starting stats may even have been better than those of Aguero, Hazard, Sallah or Mane.

Even at that u cannot compare the way Rooney started his career to that of Chukwueze.

Why not? He is playing at a similar level.

Infact Rooney was younger so there was more of an argument to play him in the youth teams first.

In England, once they start producing in the premier league, they fast-track you to the senior team. Rashford, Owen, Rooney etc..

Samuel is producing in La liga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 11:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
TBH,No sane person would say chuks should go for Afcon.

Please U20 is much better cool cool

This argument is uncalled for, maybe barbaric grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:00am On Jan 19, 2019
Give your own reasons na

Eleniyan15:
TBH,No sane person would say chuks should go for Afcon.

Please U20 is much better cool cool

This argument is uncalled for, maybe barbaric grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:35am On Jan 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Rooney got his call-up for England after his performances for Everton in the 2002/2003 season. He never played for any youth team after that.

In that season, he scored 6 goals in 33 appearances

Chukwueze already has 7 goals and 3 assists in 26 games.

Let him play the AFCON first, then we can talk about tournaments.

26 games in La Liga ❓ You are being confusing, Villareal have only played 19 games this season. And we know Chukwueze did not play in all of them.

So where are you getting 26 games from.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:27am On Jan 19, 2019
andrew444:

Typical Nigerian thinking bro

Now tell me how is he above u20 tournament ?

When a far more talented fabregas was playing 2 world youth championship after already breaking into Arsenal first team in the second one which is the World youth championship 2005

Should I also tell you that talented Sergio aguero played 2 world youth championship and already banging goals for ATM first team ?

Naija I hail the way una sabi overhype player pass him age
Fab played only one and not two
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:32am On Jan 19, 2019
komekn:

26 games in La Liga ❓ You are being confusing, Villareal have only played 19 games this season. And we know Chukwueze did not play in all of them.

So where are you getting 26 games from.

5 goals and 2 assists in 17 senior games. .. even better.

Chukwueze himself has played 26 games.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:06am On Jan 19, 2019
jihday:
Fab played only one and not two

Oh okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:08am On Jan 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

Yes 17 senior games and 9 laliga appearance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:57am On Jan 19, 2019
andrew444:

Making his stats even more impressive

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:15am On Jan 19, 2019
It is quite surprising that some peeps will advocate for one of our best player in Europe to play under 20 in an afcon year. Chukweze will go to afcon. Chuks and Kalu are the only consistent winger playing week in week out in a top league. So Chuks going to afcon for me is not even up for debate at all!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:35am On Jan 19, 2019
fabyom:
It is quite surprising that some peeps will advocate for one of our best player in Europe to play under 20 in an afcon year. Chukweze will go to afcon. Chuks and Kalu are the only consistent winger playing week in week out in a top league. So Chuks going to afcon for me is not even up for debate at all!

Agreed, I think i am one of the person who started that argument thats even if i am not the one.

My point is chuks is not above u20 level, but that doesn't mean i dont want him to go to afcon or the coach wont pick him or i want him dropped as if we are brazil, NOPE

Chuks is scoring some goals as a winger

I even stated earlier that there are some players who are even sure of their afcon spot despite of them not getting the goals,if those our strikers that dont score much can go to afcon that chuks must be there

Once again my point is that he is not bigger than u20

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2019
sheyishemba:
In my own opinion i think chukweiser should go to AFCON coz he'll be great addition as we know that kalu has sealed the position he can come on at the second half to make impact I've never seen chukweiser as a winger but a supporting striker we can play a 4 3 3 formation in the first half but second half they can switch to 4 4 2 bringing ighalo out onyekuru and chukweiser for iwobi(cox he'd have been tired )it'll be like

musa. chukweiser

onyekuru mikel. ndidi. kalu

so without an iota of biasness and prejudices chukweiser should go to AFCON
#chukweiser TO AFCON

Chukwu.. What!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2019
andrew444:

All this season❓

So out of 19 La Liga games this season he has played so far 9 games. That's good progress but keep things in perspective.

But it also means that the club is not as reliant on him as many have perceived.

Cup games are not given the same priority as league games.

In this regard he may be on the radar of but not necessarily first choice for Barcelona and Real Madrid and all the big clubs in Europe as some have stated and or implied here. But he is being considered without a doubt. I think he should stay in Villareal and develop. A move to soon may not be the best.

Young players often blow hot and cold he needs to time to develop he is not Wayne Rooney as some have compared him too.

Playing for the U20, we shouldn't necessarily try to replicate England, Spain and or Argentina we are not on the same level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2019
tbaba1234:

How many goals in LA Liga? I am sure if Rooney was playing the Europa league against the likes of Rapid Vienna he would have helped himself to a few more goals. But let us look at this impact wise;
Barcelona----> 0 goals and 0 assists.
Real Madrid----> 1 assist
Atletico Madrid----> Record not found, not even sure he played but I will have to check again.
Sevilla----> Ehm, grin
Valencia----> Let's just end it here.

This is not to diminish his achievements at all, I mean scoring against Rapid Vienna and the likes in the Europa league is a big achievement on it's own but do not compare that with Rooney at all at all. Just my point sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2019
fabyom:

This is Rohr so we will definitely play a 4-2-3-1. Ahmed Musa will start, Iwobi will start and Mikel coming back means he will most definitely start as the AMF. Where does that leave Chuks? On the bench. This is a 7-8 game tournament not a league season where you can rotate. Even if rotations come to mind you will first have Samuel Kalu before him, even if we play a 3-5-2 he cannot play that wingback role. So will he even play at the AFCON? Maybe the odd minute here and there, isn't it better that he goes to the U20, clocks 90minutes in every game and develops better? It is a no brainer really, U20 makes sense for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5396) (5397) (5398) (5399) (5400) (5401) (5402) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, TheGoodJoe(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.