Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11597382 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5615) (5616) (5617) (5618) (5619) (5620) (5621) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
Earthquake2:

Sevilla will fit Onyekuru like a glove

I hope the move comes true

You are on point Sir....I admire Sevilla for intensity and wing play....a lot of speed in that team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
gamaliel9:

You are on point Sir....I admire Sevilla for intensity and wing play....a lot of speed in that team

I admire them for their sleekiness, if there a Nigerian that would fit in Sevilla it's Onyekuru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adamskutty(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
abeg wetin be the update on this tyronne ebuehi injury?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
his update is always real
Earthquake2:

Tbaba is not source angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
Earthquake2:

Hey, hey source?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
tbaba1234:

Hey Baba!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
Ola Aina just got a red card and might face a lengthy ban for bumping into the referee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zoboizee: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
Watching Torino vs Bologna. Olaoluwa Aina will be better off an attacking midfielder or a winger. As a defender, he is heart-breaking. Dude is always lost defensively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2019
Man u vs Wolves

Ref gives red card

2 mins later- VAR overturns red card

*Football is getting robotic
*They just made the Ref look like a fool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2019
kellycute:
but you refuse to acknowledge the school of thoughts that Leicester city system ain’t bringing the best in nacho. I’m just surprise that you are using “system” Cos it suit your narrative.

KC was sold by Manchester City as a striker that's why Leicester City paid £24 million for him.

I said well before KC moved to Leicester that the true test of his ability will be when he leaves city and is no longer surrounded by top world class players making things easier for any forward player.

Certain systems or certain players make it easier for a striker to score, that's football. That proposition is a common universal knowledge.

So what on earth is your point, unnecessary argument.

There is a school of unjustified excuses and praise singing for KC not a school of thought sorry.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2019
tbaba1234:
Sevilla has started negotiations for Onyekuru.

Thier style of play, football philosophy and in general La Liga will suit him PERFECTLY.

Players should be wise and honest with themselves and make informed decisions as to what league and club will be best suited to them and give them opportunity to develop and excel.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
komekn:

Go back and look at the composition of the Leicester team and consider what you have presented.

Who plays Kick and rush with a 5' 8 striker in Vardy then look at the quality managers they have had.

Then what you have said seems not very sensible.

Would you pick your grandiloquent self out of my face?!! You're known to always talk condescendingly at people with an opposing view to yours, perhaps, that makes you feel better about your shrunken manhood.

What a hypocrite you are, you change narratives when it suits your position and you make others feel shiťťy about their opinions.

I'm always going to be a thorn in your flesh, shining a light on your hypocritical being.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Ola Aina isn't that good aerially.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:12am On Mar 17, 2019
junnyjake:

Would you pick your grandiloquent self out of my face?!! You're known to always talk condescendingly at people with an opposing view to yours, perhaps, that makes you feel better about your shrunken manhood.

What a hypocrite you are, you change narratives when it suits your position and you make others feel shiťťy about their opinions.

I'm always going to be a thorn in your flesh, shining a light on your hypocritical being.

If your self esteem is suffering and your sense of self worth is on the ground, l apologise. But you commented on my opinion and post not vice versa.

However, you don't address the issue of disagreement and present your position or even attempt to substantiate it, but come up with a deduction of hypocrisy.

That's a very infantile approach to what should be an informed discourse.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 17, 2019
Ola Aina being monitored by Juventus and Napoli.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 4:00am On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
Sevilla has started negotiations for Onyekuru.

Nice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52am On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
The full under 23 list

Adamu Abubakar ( El Kanemi)

Olawale Oremade ( Kwara United)

Galadima Mohammed ( Nasarawa United )

Etboy Akpan ( Akwa United)

Stephen Manyo ( Enyimba)

Olatunji Oluwadare ( Enyimba)

Fatai Adebowale ( Shooting Stars)

Tosin Kehinde ( CD Feirense B)

Kelechi John ( Rio Ave B)

Bede Opara ‎ ( Vilar de Perdizes)

Ugochukwu Anumudu ( Lobi Stars)

John Lazarus ( Lobi Stars)

Ebube Duru ( Lobi Stars)

Kelechi Nwakali ( Porto B)

Azubuike Okechukwu ( Rizespor)

Kingsley Michael ( Perugia)

Chidera Eze ( Portimonense)

Peter Akpan ( Cadiz B)

Blessing Olabiran ( Tambov FC)

Dennis Bonaventure ( Club Brugge)

Uche Okereke ( Spezia)

Taiwo Awoniyi ( Mouscron)

Orji Okonkwo ( Montreal Impact)

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal)

Rohr and his crew prefer the strikers on this list to Stephen Odey and Sadiq Umar. Buts it's ok.

I like that Wale Oremade of a Goalkeeper. That guy is a potential threat to Uzoho in the nearest future. Let him go and shine at the U20 WC first and probably get European suitors.

Overall a very matured and talented U23 team, full of experience, like it should be. Looking forward to an exciting game against Libya. I hope we can be able to watch it live
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:55am On Mar 17, 2019
Icon4s:

Rohr and his crew prefer the strikers on this list to Stephen Odey and Sadiq Umar. Buts it's ok.

I like that Wale Oremade of a Goalkeeper. That guy is a potential threat to Uzoho in the nearest future. Let him go and shine at the U20 WC first and probably get European suitors.

Overall a very matured and talented U23 team, full of experience, like it should be. Looking forward to an exciting game against Libya. I hope we can be able to watch it live

The club of Maduka Okoye refused to release him for this tie but he could feature in subsequent games . I am aware that imama spoke to Sadiq too so he could be a part of future teams.

One concern is that the team looks offensively strong but weak defensively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:31am On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:

The club of Maduka Okoye refused to release him for this tie but he could feature in subsequent games . I am aware that imama spoke to Sadiq too so he could be a part of future teams.

One concern is that the team looks offensively strong but weak defensively.

Very familiar names from that defense are John Lazarus, Ebube Duru and Udochukwu Anumudu. And I think they are pretty descent. I believe our firing power going forward will make up for any foreseeable weeknesses in the defense. Going forward Chidozie Awaziem may also be drafted into the CB of that defense if he is available.

I foresee a very good Midfield combo of Azubuike Okechukwu and Kelechi Nwakali. Again this can give cover to the defense.

Good also that Maduka Okoye and Sadiq Umar are in Imama's plans. If Imama can also include these players in his plans i hope I wouldn't be asking for too much?: Henry Onyekuru, Samuel Kalu, Victor Osimhen and Francis Uzoho. grin

Imagine having Oremade, Uzoho and Okoye as ur 3 goalkeepers. shocked. The Olympics will really give them great exposure. Not also forgetting Alampasu (not U23 though). A new generation of goalies is about to emerge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odyst: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2019
Withdraw 3k or 1.5k this week Friday by doing a simple task

I made 11k in less than 3 weeks
I will show you proof

whatsapp me 08156340304

if you are ready and interested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
The full under 23 list

Adamu Abubakar ( El Kanemi)

Olawale Oremade ( Kwara United)

Galadima Mohammed ( Nasarawa United )

Etboy Akpan ( Akwa United)

Stephen Manyo ( Enyimba)

Olatunji Oluwadare ( Enyimba)

Fatai Adebowale ( Shooting Stars)

Tosin Kehinde ( CD Feirense B)

Kelechi John ( Rio Ave B)

Bede Opara ‎ ( Vilar de Perdizes)

Ugochukwu Anumudu ( Lobi Stars)

John Lazarus ( Lobi Stars)

Ebube Duru ( Lobi Stars)

Kelechi Nwakali ( Porto B)

Azubuike Okechukwu ( Rizespor)

Kingsley Michael ( Perugia)

Chidera Eze ( Portimonense)

Peter Akpan ( Cadiz B)

Blessing Olabiran ( Tambov FC)

Dennis Bonaventure ( Club Brugge)

Uche Okereke ( Spezia)

Taiwo Awoniyi ( Mouscron)

Orji Okonkwo ( Montreal Impact)

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal)

Why would Fidelis allow Stephen Odey to be missing from this list? I feel the lad should feel hard done by because he deserved it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Why would Fidelis allow Stephen Odey to be missing from this list? I feel the lad should feel hard done by because he deserved it.

The strikers on the team are definitely capable. He has no reason to feel hard done by.

Okereke has been fantastic this season in Serie B. 8 goals 9 assists in 20 games. Already getting interest from Juventus.

Awoniyi is on fire.

Orji, already shown his ability in Serie A. An argument can be made fro Odey to replace him.

Another factor, Imama tried to remove players with age discrepancies. Odey has had that issue in the past.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by horlanrewaju11(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2019
Hello everyone my name is Olanrewaju I sell fixed match for payment before win, I normally received it once in a week, I won't drop my phone number yet until I post one Correct score here for everyone to max bet and win, alot of people know me on Statarea with my prediction and I have won a lot of the rank there in STATAREA as HORLANREWAJU11, after my Free correct score then I will drop my phone number, FIXED MATCH IS REAL AND DO EXIST.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:33am On Mar 17, 2019
I dont care what u guys make of this David Okereke boy of mine, buh, guys I tell u, this kid is a gem. Dis boy dun make me I dey watch Serie B matches and with what I have seen, the Serie B is technically better than the English championship. It is almost at same level as the Portuguese, Dutch, Belgian leagues et al. Top Six Serie B teams would hammer the bottom 7 EPL teams.

When I gave u guys the likes of Onyekuru, Kalu, Awoniyi, Osimhen, Tyrone, Aina, Iwuobi, Chukwueze, Eze and all other boys of mine, I thought I had seen it all, not until I unearthed yet another gem in Okereke. Boy is a baller. If u had seen what he did against Benevento this weekend, then, u would understand why Juventus, Dortmund, Lazio, Roma, Napoli, crystal palace, Southampton, B. Gladbach et al are all battling for his siggy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2019
To Danny who celebrated his birthday two days ago, Happy birthday bro. More grace.

Sorry it came this late, been serving a ban.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:18am On Mar 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I am surprised too.

Could be that there are already too many strikers on that list.

I believe he is part of their plans anyways.

Modified: Just saw Tbaba1234's analysis on possible reasons Odey was dropped. And they make sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2019
ChrisKels:
I dont care what u guys make of this David Okereke boy of mine, buh, guys I tell u, this kid is a gem. Dis boy dun make me I dey watch Serie B matches and with what I have seen, the Serie B is technically better than the English championship. It is almost at same level as the Portuguese, Dutch, Belgian leagues et al. Top Six Serie B teams would hammer the bottom 7 EPL teams.

When I gave u guys the likes of Onyekuru, Kalu, Awoniyi, Osimhen, Tyrone, Aina, Iwuobi, Chukwueze, Eze and all other boys of mine, I thought I had seen it all, not until I unearthed yet another gem in Okereke. Boy is a baller. If u had seen what he did against Benevento this weekend, then, u would understand why Juventus, Dortmund, Lazio, Roma, Napoli, crystal palace, Southampton, B. Gladbach et al are all battling for his siggy.

Wey the earth moving machine wey u take unearth Okereke?

U dey look for where to claim cheap glory grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:39am On Mar 17, 2019
�����
Icon4s:

Wey the earth moving machine wey u take unearth Okereke?

U dey look for where to claim cheap glory grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2019
Bundesliga giants, Bayern Munich in their search for a wide player to replace the aging duo of Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, after their failed attempt to lure Chelsea teen prospect Callum Hudson-Odoi in January, have turned to Villareal winger Samuel Chukwueze.

Chukwueze has emerged as one of the teen star in the La Liga this season but with the Yellow Submarines struggling to remain in the top flight this season, he has been linked with a move away from the club.

Villarreal tried to tie him to a longer contract in order to extend his buyout clause, something the 19-year-old and his agent rejected outrightly leaving the door open for him to leave the club for a fee in the region of €25 million‎.

According to reports, Bayern will officially tender a bid for the talented forward in the summer most likely before the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations where Chukwueze could make the Super Eagles squad for the tournament.

The 27-time Bundesliga champions will not be getting a clear run at the forward with Real Betis also lining up a move for him if Villarreal fail to beat the drop to the second tier at the end of the season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:

The strikers on the team are definitely capable. He has no reason to feel hard done by.

Okereke has been fantastic this season in Serie B. 8 goals 9 assists in 20 games. Already getting interest from Juventus.

Awoniyi is on fire.

Orji, already shown his ability in Serie A. An argument can be made fro Odey to replace him.

Another factor, Imama tried to remove players with age discrepancies. Odey has had that issue in the past.

Sorry but Odey has played over 30 matches also took his team out of the group stage of the Europa league. He has been consistently in the lineup. He more than deserves a call.

There was absolutely nothing proven about his age so why are u even bringing that up. This lad is the poster boy for the principal cup so how will he come and falsify his age?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2019
Icon4s:

I am surprised too.

Could be that there are already too many strikers on that list.

I believe he is part of their plans anyways.

Modified: Just saw Tbaba1234's analysis on possible reasons Odey was dropped. And they make sense.

Odey can play all 4 forward positions and he has played more matches than any of the forwards this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5615) (5616) (5617) (5618) (5619) (5620) (5621) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, soetanoreoluwa(m), chrisooblog, Samueldodo781(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.