Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11716756 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5618) (5619) (5620) (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2019
bobobooge:

Tbaba I'm waiting for the appropriate time to reply you by 6:30pm or thereabout when Villarreal plays and star boy is glued to the bench.

Here is the former coach's report on him;

"He's a player who floats across the ground – it seems as if he doesn't even touch the grass – but he's still developing. He has to work more in defence."
Luis García, former Villarreal coaching staff

His frail ability to defend has been what has condemned him to the bench. Not that he is being reserved for games.

I am waiting for your reply o!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
Good performances from Nigerian players today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
chrisooblog:
Cough cough bobobooge in case you are confused this mail is addressed to you [ author=iSlayer2 post=76742384]S. Chukwueze in the starting eleven. Bobobooge I dey greet.

Meanwhile, seems he's starting as a striker. Anybody confirm?

Onyekuru with an assist. May be a winning one.

He won't respond.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
colins with an assist

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
andrew444:

This osimhen can just stop scoring
I hope awoniyi does his own also

Talk about scoring for fun. I remember saying that Osimhen would make every club that passed up on him regret and the lad has proven me right. I hope he goes to la liga next season because they will love everything he stands for. A future captain IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Talk about scoring for fun. I remember saying that Osimhen would make every club that passed up on him regret and the lad has proven me right. I hope he goes to la liga next season because they will love everything he stands for. A future captain IMO.

I understand AC Milan has already agreed a fee for him and he could end up in Ligue 1 depending on the other offers that come in

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:
Semi Ajayi with another goal.

I don't understand, how is this happening?!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2019
who is watching samu? any update on his performance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
Samu is playing as a striker..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:

No, he should move to Slavia Prague. They beat Sevilla in the Europa league.

Savage. Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
Samu subbed off in the 84th minute.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Agreed with all you said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
do4luv14:

if e no score?, nah wetin e gain

abeg goalazooooo..... Osimhen

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
I believe chukwueze should have been credited with the assist for the equalizer, his cross deflected to the path of ekambi who netted in the equalizer

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
[s]
horlanrewaju11:
Hello everyone my name is Olanrewaju I sell fixed match for payment before win, I normally received it once in a week, I won't drop my phone number yet until I post one Correct score here for everyone to max bet and win, alot of people know me on Statarea with my prediction and I have won a lot of the rank there in STATAREA as HORLANREWAJU11, after my Free correct score then I will drop my phone number, FIXED MATCH IS REAL AND DO EXIST.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
Peter olayinka also score

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2019
kellycute:
but you refuse to acknowledge the school of thoughts that Leicester city system ain’t bringing the best in nacho. I’m just surprise that you are using “system” Cos it suit your narrative.

Why do you guys like to look for excuses for mediocre naija players?

Is vardy, Madison or even ndidi not in the same system?

Are they not doing well?

Now that Leicester has signed a forward-moving coach, I am still looking for the excuses

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
Etinosa1234:
Iheanacho was benched ...and he was not subbed on

I Wonder what we will hear from someone 2day

Your name though?

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
tbaba1234:

He made an error in a match for Kaizer Chiefs that cost them a goal.

But he's still getting called to the SE.

Just watch out for how comfortable he gets on the bench. After all, SE call-up don sure for am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I'm so happy for osimhen. Sincerely, I never expected that he would blossom given the dismal record of our u 17 strikers over the years.

Apart from akpobore, ikpeba and maybe kanu who all turned out to be proven goal scorers in Europe, what we've always been getting from our u 17 strikers have been huge disappointment.

From igbinoba to osondu to anosike to amyanke to opabunmi to
Isaac promise, Macaulay, sanni and iheanacho if you like, the list seem to be endless. So when osimhen emerged the star striker at the u17, I wasn't really expecting much from him afterwards and when he failed to make the cut at Wolfsburg, I tot 'there we go again'.

I'm really so excited that he now seem to be an exception.I wish he sustains

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
Icon4s:

Mikel is not the only AM in that team. Iwobi and Etebo also play that role. Don't forget also Iheanacho.

Iheanacho??

That one na player?? Even Rohr knows. Hence his omission from the team against Seychelles.

When he gets omitted from the final AFCON squad, his eyes will open like Adam and Eve.

grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2019
andrew444:

Them dey talk about football you dey here to talk about money? Mtscheew

Who no no say epl na the richest league in europe?

Huddersfield ,fulham, cardiff go fit beat top seria b team?

Watford leicester are a top 10 club oga

We say in Warri, " Na money Kill Beta soup"

There is is an intrinsic link between money and acces to Quality. That means that top players will go where the money is "Ceteris Paribas"

In this regard Seria B is abysmally poor and struggle to attract and retain quality players from within and outside the league. Youth players in Seria B get paid peanuts it's shocking.

Players in English league one cost considerably more than players in Seria B.

In my opinion Seria B cannot compete with the Championship on any level. And they are more on the level of League one or even possible lower.

Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff will slaughter not just beat Brescia, Palermo and Verona. They are not by any means standards comparable.

Moving away from fantasy football can the top teams in Seria B contend with the physicality, intensity and speed of league one.

I can see Luton, Barnsley and Sunderland giving the top Seria B teams of Brescia, Palermo and Verona a very hard time if not beat them outrightly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
godspeed:

I'm so happy for osimhen. Sincerely, I never expected that he would blossom given the dismal record of our u 17 strikers over the years.

Apart from akpobore, ikpeba and maybe kanu who all turned out to be proven goal scorers in Europe, what we've always been getting from our u 17 strikers have been huge disappointment.

Isaac promise, Macaulay, sanni and iheanacho if you like, the list seem to be endless. So when osimhen emerged the star striker at the u17, I wasn't really expecting much from him afterwards and when he failed to make the cut at Wolfsburg, I tot 'there we go again'.

I always believed in him because he has the intangibles. No matter how his form is he will always work hard and never give up. Add to the fact that he is talented it was always a closed case for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2019
komekn:

We say in Warri, " Na money Kill Beta soup"

There is is an intrinsic link between money and acces to Quality. That means that top players will go where the money is "Ceteris Paribas"

In this regard Seria B is abysmally poor and struggle to attract and retain quality players from within and outside the league. Youth players in Seria B get paid peanuts it's shocking.

Players in English league one cost considerably more than players in Seria B.

In my opinion Seria B cannot compete with the Championship on any level. And they are more on the level of League one or even possible lower.

Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff will slaughter not just beat Brescia, Palermo and Verona. They are not by any means standards comparable.

Moving away from fantasy football can the top teams in Seria B contend with the physicality, intensity and speed of league one.

I can see Luton, Barnsley and Sunderland giving the top Seria B teams of Brescia, Palermo and Verona a very hard time if not beat them outrightly.

At your first paragraph I laugh

But am comming back to quote your long note .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
komekn:

If your self esteem is suffering and your sense of self worth is on the ground, l apologise. But you commented on my opinion and post not vice versa.

However, you don't address the issue of disagreement and present your position or even attempt to substantiate it, but come up with a deduction of hypocrisy.

That's a very infantile approach to what should be an informed discourse.

Go screw yourself mate. You're showing symptoms of codependency which i'm not responsible for.

I never commented on your post, I only mentioned your name in a post I was replying Joebie on, you're just so full of yourself, lying that I quoted you first.

I really don't know who the hell you think you are to elevate yourself above everyone else on here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2019
andrew444:

Them dey talk about football you dey here to talk about money? Mtscheew

Who no no say epl na the richest league in europe?

Huddersfield ,fulham, cardiff go fit beat top seria b team?

Watford leicester are a top 10 club oga

English football is well ahead of Italian football in every aspect you can think of!

You often say that the laliga is ahead of the EPL because laliga clubs perform better than EPL clubs in Europe... using that logic, the premier league is well ahead of the serieA. remove Juventus and the top 6 teams in England can beat all the serieA clubs..
What can serieB clubs now challenge the bottom 7 EPL clubs for? A team like Fulham who are heading back to the championship have a squad better than any SerieB club. Even Huddersfield and Crystal Palace will beat any SerieB club...

I know you don't like the EPL (for reasons best known to you), but don't just agree with everything somebody says just for the sake of it...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Messi belongs to the world!! It's not just about being a Barcelona fan this man is a blessing to mankind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Messi belongs to the world!! It's not just about being a Barcelona fan this man is a blessing to mankind.
his last goal gave some people orgasm to the extent that real betis fans aplluaded him. Real betis keeper had to put his hands on his head and my plate of rice fell down in awe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
busky007:
his last goal gave some people orgasm to the extent that real betis fans aplluaded him. Real betis keeper had to put his hands on his head and my plate of rice fell down in awe
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:44am On Mar 18, 2019
Ola Aina pulls out of the super eagles matches citing injury. NFF calls up Ndifreke Effiong. smh!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:07am On Mar 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

English football is well ahead of Italian football in every aspect you can think of!

You often say that the laliga is ahead of the EPL because laliga clubs perform better than EPL clubs in Europe... using that logic, the premier league is well ahead of the serieA. remove Juventus and the top 6 teams in England can beat all the serieA clubs..
What can serieB clubs now challenge the bottom 7 EPL clubs for? A team like Fulham who are heading back to the championship have a squad better than any SerieB club. Even Huddersfield and Crystal Palace will beat any SerieB club...

I know you don't like the EPL (for reasons best known to you), but don't just agree with everything somebody says just for the sake of it...

England will beat all the Seria A clubs just like they have done that in the Europa and champions league mtscheew

Yes Epl is a better league than Seria A no doubt

But sorry sir top Seria B team will be Fulham and co ,Fulham say all those one sabi play ball ?

Make I hear word abeg

But is laliga not ahead of Epl ,say na me be uefa wey Rate am ?

Keep on smoking that oshogbo weed for saying Huddersfield and crystal palace will beat any Seria B club ,even league one championship club always kick out most of those team out from the fa cup .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:32am On Mar 18, 2019
[sub][/sub]
godspeed:

I share your view about the past disappointments. In fact yhat was the major basis for which I warned peeps here about the expectations on Iheanacho. They almost thought I was mad to not to expect much from that kind of a glaring talent. They thought the Manu Garba 2013 U17 boys would flood the Super Eagles by now. But today how many of them are really first teamers? Just Ndidi who did not even take part in the U17 WC of that 2003.He did not even play the CAF U17 due to MRI.

Now on Osimhen. He seems to be on the right path to Success. Anf even though I would want to expect him to get to the Zenith of his career, I will once again say it is still too early to celebrate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5618) (5619) (5620) (5621) (5622) (5623) (5624) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, COOL10(m), sureleads, bigblangston and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.