Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5652) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11639743 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) (5654) (5655) ... (16142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
PDPGuy:
And this same Uzoho had a standout performance against Argentina in the 2017 friendly.. How time flies

Its just 1 bad game, nothing much

The guy can only get better

Keeper make mistakes, dude is still young
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
Kyrian Nwoko with a goal for malta

2 Nigeria players in malta starting 11 ,kyrian nwoko and Joseph Mbong ,Good for them sha as both of them cant make eagles team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
andrew444:

He has had a fair share of those bad games. Off the top of my head, I recall his blunders against Serbia, England, Libya(away), now this. If I prove further, I might unearth some more.
When will these errors become one too many?

#barryseal

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
Barryseal:

He has had a fair share of those bad games. Off the top my head, I recall his blunders against Serbia, England, Libya(away), now this. If I prove more, I might unearth some more.
When will these errors become one too many?

#barryseal

Lol you are making sense sha

But i wont critisize him yet, i still dey observe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Are u talking about the playing area? If so, they can’t have different measurements.

cc12:
Standard pitches aren't of the same size but have a minimum measurement to be rated as a standard pitch, for example Stamford Bridge's pitch and that of Estadio Camp Nou aren't of the same size or measurement

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
Will it not make sense now if Alampasu is at least breathing down his neck. This is what I’ve been canvassing for — strong competition always.

Icon4s:

Even seems as if the lad is regressing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:

Before he went to the tourney, was he their best player or not?

They only played a game before he left so unless u are talking about the preseason I don't know what to tell u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
Mfon Udoh on his weaker foot with a beauty

https://twitter.com/AkwaUnited_fc/status/1107550545483571200

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

They only played a game before he left so unless u are talking about the preseason I don't know what to tell u

Son Heung-min at the Asian Cup: How many games will Tottenham star miss?How long could Mauricio Pochettino be without his star forward?

Spurs will be without Son Heung-min for a significant portion of the new year (Getty Images)

Finlay Greig8:32 Wednesday January 9th 2019

The i newsletter

The news you need, condensed.

[/b]Son Heung-min is the Premier League’s in-form player, rattling in six goals and laying on a further three assists in just his last five matches.

But come January Son is set to miss a series of league fixtures as he prepares to take part in the Asian Cup with South Korea.[b]

The call-up could have huge ramifications for Tottenham, the title race and Fantasy Premier League.

Nearly 650,000 FPL managers currently have the forward in their teams, but will need to transfer him out ahead of Tottenham’s Gameweek 23 fixture against Fulham.

How many games will Son Heung-min miss?

[/b]The good news for Spurs fans is that the club have negotiated with South Korea and Son will not take part in the first two group fixtures against Kyrgyzstan and the Philippines.

This means that Son will be available for Tottenham’s clash with Manchester Unitedin Gameweek 22.

The bad news, however, is that South Korea are among the tournament favourites and stand a good chance of going the distance.[b]

Should South Korea reach the Asian Cup final, Son Heung-min would miss the following games: Fulham (January 20), Watford (January 30) and Newcastle (February 2), as well as the second leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final tie with Chelsea.

Son will also be out of contention for Tottenham’s FA Cup fourth round match at the end of January.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
Meanwhile Burundi qualify for their first ever AFCON as Aubameyang's Gabon crash out

Saido berahino should be drinking some wine now

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
Are there any standout goalkeepers from the NPFL? I believe we have some keepers in 2nd division in Europe or something. This goalkeeping dillema Dey worry me sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
I heard Azubuike Okechukwu was in Rohr's initial 23 man list but was eventually left out to play for the U23. Tbaba123, Andrew444 can you confirm if this is true?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:

Son Heung-min at the Asian Cup: How many games will Tottenham star miss?How long could Mauricio Pochettino be without his star forward?

Spurs will be without Son Heung-min for a significant portion of the new year (Getty Images)

Finlay Greig8:32 Wednesday January 9th 2019

The i newsletter

The news you need, condensed.

[/b]Son Heung-min is the Premier League’s in-form player, rattling in six goals and laying on a further three assists in just his last five matches.

But come January Son is set to miss a series of league fixtures as he prepares to take part in the Asian Cup with South Korea.[b]

The call-up could have huge ramifications for Tottenham, the title race and Fantasy Premier League.

Nearly 650,000 FPL managers currently have the forward in their teams, but will need to transfer him out ahead of Tottenham’s Gameweek 23 fixture against Fulham.

How many games will Son Heung-min miss?

[/b]The good news for Spurs fans is that the club have negotiated with South Korea and Son will not take part in the first two group fixtures against Kyrgyzstan and the Philippines.

This means that Son will be available for Tottenham’s clash with Manchester Unitedin Gameweek 22.

The bad news, however, is that South Korea are among the tournament favourites and stand a good chance of going the distance.[b]

Should South Korea reach the Asian Cup final, Son Heung-min would miss the following games: Fulham (January 20), Watford (January 30) and Newcastle (February 2), as well as the second leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final tie with Chelsea.

Son will also be out of contention for Tottenham’s FA Cup fourth round match at the end of January.

He went to the Asian games at the beginning of the season that was the most substantial time he missed.

1 8/11/18 A Tottenham Hotspur (3.) Newcastle United Newcastle (13.) 1:2 LW 10'
2 8/18/18 H Tottenham Hotspur (8.) Fulham FC Fulham (18.) 3:1 international match
3 8/27/18 A Tottenham Hotspur (5.) Manchester United Man Utd (9.) 0:3 international match
4 9/2/18 A Tottenham Hotspur (2.) Watford FC Watford (4.) 2:1 international match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:
I heard Azubuike Okechukwu was in Rohr's initial 23 man list but was eventually left out to play for the U23. Tbaba123, Andrew444 can you confirm if this is true?

Am not sure bro

When the list was out I didn't find azubuike there

Azubuike was for the u23 ,rohr didn't call him up for the super eagles .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Are there any standout goalkeepers from the NPFL? I believe we have some keepers in 2nd division in Europe or something. This goalkeeping dillema Dey worry me sad

Afelokhai?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
elyte89:

I will mark dis post,no b say result go come now u go begin change mouth grin

Tuesday is only a stone throw away but do I also get a price when I'm right? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:

Rohr himself confirmed it with his own lips.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
Kog45:
Boss,fact remains that Uzoho is very average and nothing more
that's at best sef, our saving grace have been Rohr's defensive tactics, imagine Uzohor in goal against Argentina 2010 or 2014 we go pack like 6 goals come house
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:
Rohr said so himself
That initially Chukwueze and Okechukwu were on his initial list but had to be drafted to help the U23 as Imama wanted their services more

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
andrew444:

uzoho still young!!! Coming from you, oboy when did you repent Mr Andrew... Lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
PDPGuy:
And this same Uzoho had a standout performance against Argentina in the 2017 friendly.. How time flies

In the same 2017, a certain Kelechi Nwakali was hailed by all and sundry as the perfect solution to our midfield woes. Some even went as far as asking Rohr to take him to the WC instead of "old and washed up" Mikel Obi. All that hype because of just ONE good performance in a FRIENDLY game.

Time will always separate the chaff from the wheat.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 11:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Yes am talk of playing area; visit this link for more information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories. This is Estadio Camp Nou pitch or playing area measurement, 105 m × 68 m (115 yd × 74 yd) while that of Stamford Bridge Field is 103 x 67 metres (112.6 x 73.2 yards)
Joebie:
Are u talking about the playing area? If so, they can’t have different measurements.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:19am On Mar 24, 2019
Link not working. But hey I found this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4200666.stm

I just learned something. Thank you!

cc12:
Yes am talk of playing area; visit this link for more information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories. This is Estadio Camp Nou pitch or playing area measurement, 105 m × 68 m (115 yd × 74 yd) while that of Stamford Bridge Field is 103 x 67 metres (112.6 x 73.2 yards)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:20am On Mar 24, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

He went to the Asian games at the beginning of the season that was the most substantial time he missed.

1 8/11/18 A Tottenham Hotspur (3.) Newcastle United Newcastle (13.) 1:2 LW 10'
2 8/18/18 H Tottenham Hotspur (8.) Fulham FC Fulham (18.) 3:1 international match
3 8/27/18 A Tottenham Hotspur (5.) Manchester United Man Utd (9.) 0:3 international match
4 9/2/18 A Tottenham Hotspur (2.) Watford FC Watford (4.) 2:1 international match
You're deflecting. I was obviously talking about the Asian cup in January. It was around that period Kane got injured.
Son was one of the most inform players in the league before he left.
He missed the first two group games for Korea because Spuds kept him back. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:23am On Mar 24, 2019
nelszx:

Rohr said so himself
That initially Chukwueze and Okechukwu were on his initial list but had to be drafted to help the U23 as Imama wanted their services more
This is great news! That means Rohr is indeed looking for new options in Midfield.
More of this please...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:44am On Mar 24, 2019
Uzoho made a mistake. A bad one, yes but not enough to write him off. He was solid at the world cup even after shaky friendlies.

We have a goalkeeping problem. The 3 goalkeepers invited are not playing regularly and that is bound to affect their sharpness.

I do not understand the unwillingness to try out new goalies.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 24, 2019
grin grin grin grin

We want to keep bringing Super Eagles to Asaba – Okowa

Friday, March 22, 2019 5:05 am

Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State

Tonobok Okowa, the Chairman of Delta Sports Commission, says the state will be delighted to continuously have the Super Eagles play their matches in Asaba.

Okowa told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Asaba that the team’s handlers seemed comfortable with the Delta capital city’s hosting capabilities and facilities.

“The state government has not influenced it in any way.

“The choice of Asaba by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) may be out of the fact that the state has successfully hosted other international matches and that the facilities are good.

“The state government has not really done any form of pushing to continue to host the matches in Asaba, but if the state has the option, it will grab it.

“We want to keep bringing them (the Eagles) back because we want to always put the stadium into use and our people love to have them here,’’ he said.

The Delta sports official pointed out that Asaba was well situated and bordered by states such as Edo, Anambra and several others.

“I guess the NFF loves what we have here and the first time we ever hosted an event for them was the Aiteo Cup.

“I am sure they (NFF) loved the turnout of people and the crowd was overwhelming. This may be why they are coming back.

“The city’s location is strategic and I know that they will always want to use this place and we will be obliged to be giving it to them at all times,” he said.

Okowa assured that every arrangement to successfully host the three international matches slated for Friday and next week at the Keshi Stadium had been concluded.

He added that they expected to have a surge of spectators.

“Here, we are talking about two international matches between Nigeria’s Super Eagles and Seychelles coming up on Friday, the Super Eagles’ friendly with Egypt and the Nigeria Under-23 team’s fixture against Libya next week.

“We want people to come out and cheer them, but we guess we will have a surge. However, we have put mechanism in place to control the crowd and the traffic will be put under check throughout the period of the match.

“We have a good security architecture in place to manage the situation,” he said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:07am On Mar 24, 2019
Starboytwo:
uzoho still young!!! Coming from you, oboy when did you repent Mr Andrew... Lol

Apart from joke leave that one aside because I know what you are thinking

We should go by his age ,even if e no be that age na still young keeper I go call am ,when e begin play professional football

So make we just put that one aside

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Idiotic hypocrite. You just criticized someone for derailing the thread and then you come up with this?.

Shame on you!

Please, do not use harsh negative words on our fellow members. It does not tell good for the image of the thread.

Thank you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2019
edi287:

You're deflecting. I was obviously talking about the Asian cup in January. It was around that period Kane got injured.
Son was one of the most inform players in the league before he left.
He missed the first two group games for Korea because Spuds kept him back. Simple.

How can you say I am deflecting when those were his most games missed?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2019
LESSONS WE LEARNED FROM NIGERIA VS SEYCHELLES

1) We need more goalkeeping options:Uzoho is not good enough

2) Mikel needs to get back to the team :Rohr should settle whatever rift he has with Mikel because when Iwobi is not at his best the team lacks creativity

3) We desperately need a set piece taker: Apart from Etebo nobody is decent enough on setpieces and being a tall team that was what we should be capitalizing on

4) The search for a good striker continues : Onuachu has flattered to deceive on his debut, that means Nigeria still seeks a replacement or competition for Ighalo, I advice Rohr to look to Mfom Udoh who has been banging goals in the NPFL for seasons now

5) NFF should listen to Rohr about stadium choices :The match played in Asaba hindered the players instead of bringing out the creativity in them and being so close to Afcon the Super Eagles need to be playing on a good pitch to bring them to rhythm

6) Onyekuru is a star player : despite mesmerizing the opponents in the Seychelles match, Onyekuru recorded two headers one resulting to a goal, more than any other Nigerian player and for the smallest player on the pitch that is quite an achievement

7) The Nigerian crowd need to wake up :Apart from the Supporters club the rest of the stadium was silent and spectating instead of supporting, In the U-23 match against Libya the Nigerian team needs the crowd behind them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:15am On Mar 24, 2019
Earthquake2:
LESSONS WE LEARNED FROM NIGERIA VS SEYCHELLES

1) We need more goalkeeping options:Uzoho is not good enough

2) Mikel needs to get back to the team :Rohr should settle whatever rift he has with Mikel because when Iwobi is not at his best the team lacks creativity

3) We desperately need a set piece taker: Apart from Etebo nobody is decent enough on setpieces and being a tall team that was what we should be capitalizing on

4) The search for a good striker continues : Onuachu has flattered to deceive on his debut, that means Nigeria still seeks a replacement or competition for Ighalo, I advice Rohr to look to Mfom Udoh who has been banging goals in the NPFL for seasons now

5) NFF should listen to Rohr about stadium choices :The match played in Asaba hindered the players instead of bringing out the creativity in them and being so close to Afcon the Super Eagles need to be playing on a good pitch to bring them to rhythm

6) Onyekuru is a star player : despite mesmerizing the opponents in the Seychelles match, Onyekuru recorded two headers one resulting to a goal, more than any other Nigerian player and for the smallest player on the pitch that is quite an achievement

7) The Nigerian crowd need to wake up :Apart from the Supporters club the rest of the stadium was silent and spectating instead of supporting, In the U-23 match against Libya the Nigerian team needs the crowd behind them

My guy you don start abi? so you wan use one game judge onuachu? just as EEGA use judge onyekuru?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) (5654) (5655) ... (16142) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tinneh, komekn(m), Oasis007(m), opes, mostob(m), Danielnino00(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.