Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11641392 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) ... (16143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:24am On Mar 23, 2019
Sorry to say this but it would be IMPOSSIBLE to beat Libya 3-0 on that Asaba potato farm. Any relatively good defensively set-up team can get a clean sheet on that tiny pitch anytime anyday.

Add to that the fact that the pitch was just played on a couple of days ago, you can imagine how "smooth" the surface will be.

Pinnick should pity us and place our football development ahead of his greed for once and take that match to Uyo.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2019
Rockyrascal:
i can only consider Victor Moses and that is because he was our set piece taker.

Asamoah gyan, David villa, Samuel etoo', Zlatan ibrahimovich, Edin dzeko, Mohammed Salah, lewandowski e.t.c are some few examples of individual brilliance am trying to point out here! this set of players always come to the rescue or make good contributions when featured in games ....our team does not have such example of players in recent times, except maybe Ik uche.

Moses Simon did that yesterday..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Sorry to say this but it would be IMPOSSIBLE to beat Libya 3-0 on that Asaba potato farm. Any relatively good defensively set-up team can get a clean sheet on that tiny pitch anytime anyday.

Add to that the fact that the pitch was just played on a couple of days ago, you can imagine how "smooth" the surface will be.

Pinnick should pity us and place our football development ahead of his greed for once and take that match to Uyo.

You cannot say it is impossible. 2:0 can take the game to extra time and we can a score a 3rd.

Nigeria are still favorites to go through. That pitch is not as small as it appears to be on TV. The camera positioning made it appear like that.

We just need to score a first goal within the first 20mins and the Libyans would become panicky. I believe those boys can do it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 23, 2019
cc12:
Standard pitches aren't of the same size but have a minimum measurement to be rated as a standard pitch, for example Stamford Bridge's pitch and that of Estadio Camp Nou aren't of the same size or measurement

I thought it's all been standardize to a particular dimension. Hmmmm angry

Starboytwo take note please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Iheanacho should soak in the words of Rohr and use it to propel himself. Learning is a big part of development.

When I read the remark of Nacho being funny during training sessions by Rohr, I remembered the incident of Nacho locking the Manchester City players when a training session was about to begin.

I so laughed and remembered Nacho jumping and laughing. It was so funny but I never thought that coaches might find it a sign of unseriousness.

With Rohr pointing it out, I think Nacho should cut it off and remain serious during sessions. He does not need to create an impression of an unserious person to Brendan Rodgers.

When I was younger,I ,personally,loved to play and joke around. And yes,sometimes,people tagged it 'unseriousness'. They were wrong. But when I became 'angry' and 'nonchalant' of peoples' feelings,I definitely achieved more. If Nacho is like me,then cutting off his cheerful attitude towards things will definitely guarantee him more goals(I can assure that).

But what I can't assure,is his sanity afterwards. I pray it doesn't have a negative impact on his person. The key thing is trying to find a balance,and for naturally jovial people like me,that can be quite hard.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 23, 2019
About the game yesterday, I can't see why you'll criticize the players' performance on that nonsense pitch. So Pinnick has personally, selfishly imposed this eyesore on the team. I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2019
Guys,what do you think of Paul Onuachu's performance? No one seems to be talking about him here. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
we need players with hunger, not a set of individuals who think the first 11 is their right, Moses Simon, oyekuru, omeruo and Collins showed a bit of it yesterday, especially Moses Simon, you could see the Hunger in his eyes, he wants to enter the first 11

you guys should lock up the pitch issue,
musa was lost yesterday, it seems we are still holding to his World Cup glory

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TEGADR: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
COOL10:
Guys,what do you think of Paul Onuachu's performance? No one seems to be talking about him here. undecided
that headless chicken...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
Famocious:

Moses Simon did that yesterday..
he doesn't do that always... But he stood out yesterday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2019
iSlayer2:
About the game yesterday, I can't see why you'll criticize the players' performance on that nonsense pitch. So Pinnick has personally, selfishly imposed this eyesore on the team. I'm sorry.

Bros even if you are playing on sand, you have to show something that distinguishes you as a good footballer at least. Blaming their utterly poor performance(against Seychelles, SEYCHELLES) on the state of the pitch is, honestly, rubbish talk. And they did train on that same pitch severally before the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQTsqszQXCw

I THINK WE HAVE BAD DEFENCE TOO,NOT JUST GOALKEEPING PROBLEMS...Judge this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
Just saw Uzoho's clanger...unacceptable for a goal keeper at his level.
The best of the best make mistakes but what was he thinking??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2019
edi287:
Just saw Uzoho's clanger...unacceptable for a goal keeper at his level.
The best of the best make mistakes but what was he thinking??

Have you seen Thibaut Courtoi mistakes for Belgium and Real Madrid...thank God it did not happen during an important match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2019
Rockyrascal:
he doesn't do that always... But he stood out yesterday

Same as the other guys you listed earlier

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
Enjoy this...particularly that penalty by Venezuala....

During the w/c qualifiers that Venezuelan goalkeeper was a monster but side defence killed him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfTMa5u7MGk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
Ndidi is imposingnly becoming indispensable. How many noticed his passes and ball distribution.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2019
Meliforme:
Ndidi is imposingnly becoming indispensable. How many noticed his passes and ball distribution.

The guy looked lively, he even dribbled past two defenders in the box

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
gamaliel9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQTsqszQXCw

I THINK WE HAVE BAD DEFENCE TOO,NOT JUST GOALKEEPING PROBLEMS...Judge this

You're right.

The two centre backs seem lost against the rampaging attackers.

We can't beat this Libya team.

And imama is going to loose his job if those lads loose. The excuse will be sanusi was a better coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
Earthquake2:

The guy looked lively, he even dribbled past two defenders in the box

The guy is hardworking and too good for Leicester.

How I wish Liverpool cab do the needful. He's a better replacement for Henderson and will develop well under klopp

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Mickael2:

Bros even if you are playing on sand, you have to show something that distinguishes you as a good footballer at least. Blaming their utterly poor performance(against Seychelles, SEYCHELLES) on the state of the pitch is, honestly, rubbish talk. And they did train on that same pitch severally before the game

Bros, I agree with you on this.

The pitch was bad...yes .

But we can't solely blame the pitch for the lacklustre performance of the players.

The truth is some of those players performed below expectations and they should be called out for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
Kog45:
Boss,fact remains that Uzoho is very average and nothing more

Gbam. I support you on this bros.

Apart from his cameo against Argentina, on still looking for a .arch where he really stood out. The defence has really tried to shield him but we thank God that his inadequacies are stating to come to light.

I keep saying this...under another coach, Uzoho will be a third choice gaolie and ezenwa, akpeyi would not even make the team. I mean, how manyatches do akpeyi even start for his SA club

Abi Rohr dey use our GK position dey play sports bet

I will say this again. Its disheartening that out of over 180million scattered home and abroad, Uzoho is the best we could come up with. I feel our scouts aren't doing something right? Or Uzoho has dort on some nfff officials??

I'm not understanding ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
Meliforme:
The guy is a leader in the making
He screamed at Uzoho for conceding that cheap goal yesterday

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Barryseal:

In football, one plus one is not always two. Against France, Argentina raised their game so as to compete.
Messi even got involved in managing the team at a point. Against Nigeria, they were virtually a team in crisis with just a single point from 2games, still they outplayed us without hitting gear 2.
Different scenarios here.

#barryseal
So against France the crises decided to disappear. They played their best game against us because a lot was at stake. They needed to win that match and they gave it their all yet they were almost humbled. Croatia got to the final and Argentina almost sent France out. This team deserves some credit please!
If you are not satisfied take to the field!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2019
oloriooko:

The guy is a leader in the making
He screamed at Uzoho for conceding that cheap goal yesterday

So for your mind, shouting is an indication of good leadership skills?.

Odiegwu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
Mickael2:

they have already played when they needed to. This match is not important why the nagging.
Calm down guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
Marjoribanks:
they have already played when they needed to. This match is not important why the nagging.
Calm down guy
are you new here?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
maidaboi:
are you new here?
yesso boss!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
Icon4s:

I am just imagining if Ezenwa it was that made that blunder. Hey......... grin lipsrsealed

Honestly that was school boy goal keeping from Uzoho.

You know you came to mind when that gaffe was made. I wondered if that was unpardonable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
The super eagles don't know how to trash beatable opposition. They end up playing to their level. We lack a certain level of ruthlessness. We are the true meaning of theory X, we need to feel the wall before we do anything productive. Watch them bash Egypt on that same pitch.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 23, 2019
Mickael2:

Excuse me brother sir, the pitch is a HUGE influence. You didn't see how the ball kept "bumping" disrupting the play, gosh that was an eyesore. The other minor part of it is tactics but I noticed they (coaching crew and team) didn't want to overdo anything. Typical dead rubber game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
COOL10:

The midfield created close to nothing, the game was sooo drab, nothing for him to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5647) (5648) (5649) (5650) (5651) (5652) (5653) ... (16143) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mkrest(m), Amedino99(m), elyte89, 2innocent(m), kentebemoney, Kog45(m), DrYa, TheGoodJoe(m), KpagoGIN(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.