Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,841 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11853229 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5873) (5874) (5875) (5876) (5877) (5878) (5879) ... (16246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:00pm On May 05, 2019
tbaba1234:
Nwakaeme's brother on Siasia. We can pretend as if these things don't happen in Nigeria football.

I have said this things severally. ..
only corrupt Nigerians will defend this indigenous coaches.....

sometimes you wonder why they can't coach foreign clubs outside Africa...reason because they are corrupt.

sometimes you wonder why they will rather wait for the national team.jobs rather than apply for jobs outside Nigeria...elsewhere in Africa.... reason because they don't wanna part a ways with the bribery they probably gets during their stint as a national team coaches......

we all are watching the super eagles because a white man is in charge.... even despite he make some flaws...but no bribery allegation scandal have been aligned to his name.

why does Nigeria coaches...get this tag all the time ?
simple reason because of corruption.

this things are not rumours anymore they have becoming rampant...recently Alaba said same thing and now someone else...and tomorrow same NFF will still give his corrupt coaches jobs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:01pm On May 05, 2019
tbaba1234:
Nwakaeme's brother on Siasia. We can pretend as if these things don't happen in Nigeria football.

Collect bribe to play which wing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

sometimes you wonder why they can't coach foreign clubs outside Africa...reason because they are corrupt.

sometimes you wonder why they will rather wait for the national team.jobs rather than apply for jobs outside Nigeria...elsewhere in Africa.... reason because they don't wanna part a ways with the bribery they probably gets during their stint as a national team coaches......

we all are watching the super eagles because a white man is in charge.... even despite he make some flaws...but no bribery allegation scandal have been aligned to his name.

this things are not rumours anymore they have becoming rampant...recently Alaba said same thing and now someone else...and tomorrow same NFF will still give his corrupt coaches jobs

Rohr defended a member of his crew that collected bribe but you guys are lip sealed with respect to that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:04pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

I watched and enjoyed Super Eagles more under Keshi despite Rohr having better talents in the pool of Nigerian players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:06pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

It was Rohr who stood by a member of his staff who received bribe.

yes he defended his colleague....
by merely wisdom he has to act that way...because the NFF will still not sack Sanusi even if it was a video evidence...
obviously because he is a northerner or his godfather still sit at the helm of affairs....

he has to act that way...defend him so as to make things easy for himself (Rohr)

you think these foreigners don't study Africa countries terrains and the way things are being done prior pickingup a job these countries...I remember a text book by Tony Todaro I read in my finals as regard Multinational companies...

they have Africa agents who give them useful advise..... so stop trying to support the corrupt coaches....
I remember you were once crying for the NFF to retain sanusi for the super eagles job.... prior the recruitment of Rohr....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:09pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Collect bribe to play which wing?

I know people like you will troop out to defend this corrupt coaches.....

I am so ashame of this country....
we have no shame anymore...

have you ever heard same allegations being made against the European nations cadet team coaches even north Africa teams...

we should be ashame that our coaches are getting this scandals... presently we have no reputable and trusted referees in Nigeria to officiate in AFCON...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:10pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

Lol...bro.

me too.... but I know he is currently in the Germany youth team...likewise the brother...who can no longer play for us..because already changed his nationality affiliation to Germany and it can only be changed once....

I will be so said if Aigbogun leave out this English dudes...

I rather pick all the good foreign born and exit the tournament early than to pick those grandpas and leave at the Q-Final that is if it is even possible self

I don't think so. He is still eligible to play for Nigeria though he's currently playing for England.

Let us keep watching his moves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 05, 2019
tbaba1234:

That's the thing, i am not just using my eyes.. There are facts against a number of players on that team.

Ikwuowem Udoh's DOB on Enyimba Website used to read 1996 before it was taken down.

We have Detan Ogundare's picture when he was supposedly 11.

Effiom Maxwell was in Kaduna Utd 6 years ago as a young lad. I guess he was 12 then..

I do not just make accusations.

BabaT I dey your side now. Na jab at Icon4s and the other crew, he saw one Guinean player and was like overage. But if na 9ja player im go say we no fit determine by looks. Na my poor attempt at sarcasm.
It's a jungle out there man, not all players are overage but it's almost like life or death to those guys, poverty Na terrible evil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

yes he defended his colleague....
by merely wisdom he has to act that way...because the NFF will still not sack Sanusi even if it was a video evidence...
obviously because he is a northerner or his godfather still sit at the helm of affairs....

he has to act that way...defend him so as to make things easy for himself (Rohr)

you think these foreigners don't study Africa countries terrains and the way things are being done prior pickingup a job these countries...I remember a text book by Tony Todaro I read in my finals as regard Multinational companies...

they have Africa agents who give them useful advise..... so stop trying to support the corrupt coaches....
I remember you were once crying for the NFF to retain sanusi for the super eagles job.... prior the recruitment of Rohr....

That means Rohr is supporting the bribe you people are trying to absolve him off, if he will support his colleague when he is caught on tape. All those other employment, nff talk is story.

Rohr stood by the bribe taker. After the so called godly White coaches.

Is it not Bonfere Jo, a white man who dropped the better Emmanuel Babayaro for Dosu Joseph? We are prepared to run Nigerians down and turn a blind eye when the Whites do it.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:13pm On May 05, 2019
Taliban:

BabaT I dey your side now. Na jab at Icon4s and the other crew, he saw one Guinean player and was like overage. But if na 9ja player im go say we no fit determine by looks. Na my poor attempt at sarcasm.
It's a jungle out there man, not all players are overage but it's almost like life or death to those guys, poverty Na terrible evil.

We all know these things... Sad, man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:15pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

have you ever heard same allegations being made against the European nations cadet team coaches even north Africa teams...

we should be ashame that our coaches are getting this scandals... presently we have no reputable and trusted referees in Nigeria to officiate in AFCON...

Leave that thing.

We are yet to see a quote from Alaba. I want the quoted words of Alaba first. I am not defending any body.

This Dickson Nwakeme guy should chill abeg.

Only a bribe would have gotten him into the squad ahead of the likes of Obasi, Nsofor, Osaze, Solomon Okoronkwo, Victor Anichebe, coupled with the fact he only plays as a center forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That means Rohr is supporting the bribe you people are trying to absolve him off, if he will support his colleague when he is caught on tape. All those other employment, nff talk is story.

Rohr stood by the bribe taker. After the so called godly White coaches.

Is it not Bonfere Jo, a white man who dropped the better Emmanuel Babayaro for Dosu Joseph? We are prepared to run Nigerians down and turn a blind eye when the Whites do it.

Sir the allegation is against Siasia not Rohr or Bonfrere Jo. I don't think it's right to justify any actions or "misdeeds" on other people's actions. If a cop catches a thief does the thief get acquitted because the other thieves escaped? A wrong is wrong anytime of the week QED.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:17pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

Is it not Rohr we saw Ighalo telling him to put him on during the game against Iceland and then taraaaa, changes, Ighalo in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On May 05, 2019
Taliban:

Sir the allegation is against Siasia not Rohr or Bonfrere Jo. I don't think it's right to justify any actions or "misdeeds" on other people's actions. If a cop catches a thief does the thief get acquitted because the other thieves escaped? A wrong is wrong anytime of the week QED.

I am talking against those speaking about black coaches as the devil at his worst and the white coaches as the ones who taught the angels to be good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:19pm On May 05, 2019
Taliban:

When people were running up and down the thread calling Keshi the worst, I did not see you play advocate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Leave that thing.

We are yet to see a quote from Alaba. I want the quoted words of Alaba first. I am not defending any body.

Only a bribe would have gotten him into the squad ahead of the likes of Obasi, Nsofor, Osaze, Solomon Okoronkwo, Victor Anichebe, coupled with the fact he only plays as a center forward.

Valid point you heard above. The Beijing team had a very good attack line, they even won the silver at the Olympics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2019
Taliban:

Valid point you heard above. The Beijing team had a very good attack line, they even won the silver at the Olympics.

I tire for the Dickson. He made it look like if we dropped Maradona and carried, Ramon Azeez.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:25pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I tire for the Dickson. He made it look like if we dropped Maradona and carried, Ramon Azeez.

It does not matter his ability. He might not have made the final team anyways.

Can you say the same for Siasia 2016 Olympic team that somehow carried Ndifreke?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

When people were running up and down the thread calling Keshi the worst, I did not see you play advocate.

With all due respects I paid due tributes to Keshi on this thread sir where I indicated he's one of the most successful African coaches. A man who took Togo to their only WC, only God knows if they will ever have another one. Won ANC with a team no one gave a chance to. Qualified for the 2nd round of the WC in spite of a player strike and administrative issues. Will never forget the chan match where we were 4 nil down at half time and motivated his team to make the epic comeback and win the game. Keshi RIP was highly successful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29pm On May 05, 2019
tbaba1234:

It does not matter his ability. He might not have made the final team anyways.

Can you say the same for Siasia 2016 Olympic team that somehow carried Ndifreke?

I do not understand. Siasia deserved a medal of honour for his heroics at the 2016 World Cup as far as I am concerned. Keep in mind, we had cases of teams not releasing players to us in that Olympics, coupled with the financial challenges.

Remember Dalung refused to release funds, Siasia was burgled and it took players especially Mikel using their funds to support the team.

Yet we came home with Bronze.

Remember the Japan Miracle.

If it was Rohr, many would be singing hymns of praises.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I do not understand. Siasia deserved a medal of honour for his heroics at the 2016 World Cup as far as I am concerned. Keep in mind, we had cases of teams not releasing players to us in that Olympics, coupled with the financial challenges.

Remember Dalung refused to release funds, Siasia was burgled and it took players especially Mikel using their funds to support the team.

I concur with you. Cos of the team's heroics a Japanese billionaire donated a huge chunk of money to the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:33pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, that olympics was not of the highest quality.

That team was rescued by the influx of foreign based players. Siasia kept sticking with his boys until they got walloped left and right in the Korean tourney.

How did Ndifreke make that side? That guy is possibly one of the worst players, i have seen in a Nigerian jersey. It certainly was not merit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:35pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Is it not Rohr we saw Ighalo telling him to put him on during the game against Iceland and then taraaaa, changes, Ighalo in.

What are you saying sef? What involves Rohr in this

So Rohr should come out and rant against his employers?

Evil is evil learn not to defend it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On May 05, 2019
tbaba1234:

First of all, that olympics was not of the highest quality.

That team was rescued by the influx of foreign based players. Siasia kept sticking with his boys until they got walloped left and right in the Korean tourney.

How did Ndifreke make that side? That guy is possibly one of the worst players, i have seen in a Nigerian jersey. It certainly was not merit.

The influx of foreign based players, did it not happen after those players were released? Will Siasia use force to bring them? It was a case of players arriving late to camp than Siasia sticking with his boys. Those foreign based players would not have been available for that invitational tourney. Even the Olympics proper, we still had problems getting players released. It even happened in Beijing.

As for Ndifreke, you might not like him but the coach might see something you may not see. Coaches have preference.

At the end, Siasia went to camp and selected his team and did well. No proof of bribery, if not he would not have invited the foreign based players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:40pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

What are you saying sef? What involves Rohr in this

So Rohr should come out and rant against his employers?

Evil is evil learn not to defend it

What concerns Rohr is people coming here and saying thank God for Rohr and we should only employ white coaches because they are clean as angels hearts.

Evil is evil but Rohr defended Salisu. Or is Salisu now his employers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:40pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The influx of foreign based players, did it not happen after those players were released? Will Siasia use force to bring them? It was a case of players arriving late to camp than Siasia sticking with his boys. Those foreign based players would not have been available for that invitational tourney. Even the Olympics proper, we still had problems getting players released. It even happened in Beijing.

As for Ndifreke, you might not like him but the coach might see something you may not see. Coaches have preference

At the end, Siasia went to camp and selected his team and did well. No proof of bribery, if not he would not have invited the foreign based players.

You are now defending nepotism, what moral grounds do you have to accuse someone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:42pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What concerns Rohr is people coming here and saying thank God for Rohr and we should only employ white coaches because they are clean as angels hearts.

Does Rohr have any power over Salisu, if no what else would he have done to keep up with his job and his imposed assistant?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:44pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

You are now defending nepotism, what moral grounds do you have to accuse someone

just leave him...NFF need do something about this bribery issue or the EFCC...need do something about it fast...
I it is so embarrassing....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:44pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You should be asking has Rohr taken bribe?

Every cadet coach has being accused of taking bribe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:44pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

Not defending anything. The coach selected a good squad and delivered a good result. Keep in mind he lost one of his star players in Etebo. He also made some revelations like Amuzie. Some of us were criticising him but with time we accepted the young man's quality.

Picking one player and accusing does not add for me. The main squad was good and played well.

You can see the story has changed from Beijing because that Dickson Nwakeme guy stood no chance of making the squad.
Talk less of being dropped because he did not take bribe.

Please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:45pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

You should be asking has Rohr taken bribe!

Every cadet coach has being accused of taking bribe

Rohr has stood by a bribe taker. I thought you said we should not defend evil. Now story has changed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:45pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Leave that thing.

Thank u very much. We are yet to see a single quote from David Alaba to prove this. It was on this same nairaland we saw a quote where David Alaba said there was never a formal approach for him. And as for the Dickson guy funny part is this is the first Time I'm even hearing that there's a player called Dickson Nwakeme abeg the guy wasn't good enough. Guy is trying to gain attention abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (5873) (5874) (5875) (5876) (5877) (5878) (5879) ... (16246) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Subzerooo, semid4lyfe(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.