Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,732 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11926585 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5874) (5875) (5876) (5877) (5878) (5879) (5880) ... (16334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:46pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

just leave him...NFF need do something about this bribery issue or the EFCC...need do something about it fast...
I it is so embarrassing....

People now defend bribery openly

Using excuses.. But he performed well.. But the other person is also accused of taking bribe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:46pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

What concerns Rohr is people coming here and saying thank God for Rohr and we should only employ white coaches because they are clean as angels hearts.

Evil is evil but Rohr defended Salisu. Or is Salisu now his employers?

Bro what are you saying?

Rohr did not appoint Salisu na. NFf appointed him as an assistant to Rohr, so he doesn't have any authority over him. Rohr did the right thing by being diplomatic during the issue and not pointing any accusing fingers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:46pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

Does Rohr have any power over Salisu, if no what else would he have done to keep up with his job and his imposed assistant?

Rohr has power over himself by distancing himself from the bribe. Instead he did the opposite and people still call him holy. If it was Keshi, you all would have slaughtered him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:47pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

Does Rohr have any power over Salisu, if no what else would he have done to keep up with his job and his imposed assistant?

God bless you.... it seems he has no knowledge on how these foreigners operate whenever they come to Nigeria..

I was thinking him living in PHC where you have a lot of multinationals doing business would have made him know.....

they have Nigeria agents who often brief them on how to relate and act during those business stint....
sometimes they even compromise just to keep their jobs but still because they're ambitious and they aim higher they won't stoop so low to take bribe to field mediocre players....
their aim is to boast their resume so as to make it easy for them to get clubs to coach in Europe or their home countries...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:48pm On May 05, 2019
timay:

Bro what are you saying?

Rohr did not appoint Salisu na. NFf appointed him as an assistant to Rohr, so he doesn't have any authority over him. Rohr did the right thing by being diplomatic during the issue and not pointing any accusing fingers

Diplo bomb. Rohr should have distanced himself if he was not going to outright condemn it. Instead he painted a picture of defence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:48pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Not defending anything. The coach selected a good squad and delivered a good result. Keep in mind he lost one of his star players in Etebo. He also made some revelations like Amuzie. Some of us were criticising him but with time we accepted the young man's quality.

Picking one player and accusing does not add for me. The main squad was good and played well.

You can see the story has changed from Beijing because that Dickson Nwakeme guy stood no chance of making the squad.
Talk less of being dropped because he did not take bribe.

Please.

If was confident in his selections why would tell people to pay bribe

He has been accused of nepotism and corruption can you vouch for him that he was not involved in those practices?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

People now defend bribery openly

Using excuses.. But he performed well.. But the other person is also accused of taking bribe

Like Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:49pm On May 05, 2019
EEGA:
Chukwueze makes U-turn on representing Nigeria at U20WC.He will now focus in preparing for AFCON.
he can see how trash the U20 team is and realizes there is no hope there.

He might as well hop on the AFCON bus, because both the driver and occupants of the U20 bus are all clueless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:49pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Rohr has stood by a bribe taker. I thought you said we should not defend evil. Now story has changed.

Your involvement of Rohr in this is a sorry case

Rohr is not the reason most naija coaches take bribes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:50pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

If was confident in his selections why would tell people to pay bribe

He has been accused of nepotism and corruption can you vouch for him that he was not involved in those practices?

Did you see him tell anyone to pay bribe? Unlike Rohr’s staff he played advocate to.

One Dickson Nwakeme that stood no chance was denied because he did not pay bribe to drop Osaze or Victor Anichebe. Please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Diplo bomb. Rohr should have distanced himself if he was not going to outright condemn it. Instead he painted a picture of defence.

E Don do baba.

You just disappointed a lot of people on this thread by supporting this bribery of a thing. Good night
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If Rohr was a local coach they would have accused him of collecting bribes to pick Echijele ahead of Aina at the world cup.. and picking Shehu ahead of Ebuehi.

But nah,he is white, so he is clean.. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Is it not Rohr we saw Ighalo telling him to put him on during the game against Iceland and then taraaaa, changes, Ighalo in.

I have heard this comment severally but can't find anywhere... Ighalo bribed him...
Dude only approached the coach to play him and the coach agreed..
because he was his number 1 striker in the team.....

pls stop cornering the issue....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

Your involvement of Rohr in this is a sorry case

Rohr is not the reason most naija coaches take bribes

Your squeaky clean Rohr stood by a bribe taker

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:52pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

God bless you.... it seems he has no knowledge on how these foreigners operate whenever they come to Nigeria..

I was thinking him living in PHC where you have a lot of multinationals doing business would have made him know.....

they have Nigeria agents who often brief them on how to relate and act during those business stint....
sometimes they even compromise just to keep their jobs but still because they're ambitious and they aim higher they won't stoop so low to take bribe to field mediocre players....
their aim is to boast their resume so as to make it easy for them to get clubs to coach in Europe or their home countries...

Rohr has studied African mindset very well, he knows the way to get on with his job is to look straight and mind his business
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

I have heard this comment severally but can't find anywhere... Ighalo bribed him...
Dude only approached the coach to play him and the coach agreed..
because he was his number 1 striker in the team.....

pls stop cornering the issue....

Why should a player approach a coach and tell him to play him in a World Cup? Where is it done?

It was wrong but hence it is a white coach, lots of you will defend him. If that was Ameobi talking to Keshi to put him, you would have crucified Keshi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:54pm On May 05, 2019
Danielnino00:

If Rohr was a local coach they would have accused him of collecting bribes to pick Echijele ahead of Aina at the world cup.. and picking Shehu ahead of Ebuehi.

Rohr only issue at the world cup when it comes to players selection was dropping Aina for elderson and moreover Aina was poor during that period unlik now....

besides that...I can't really point any fault in his players selection...unlike keshi who picked Uchebo, Gabriel Rueben, Ameobi,Nwafor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54pm On May 05, 2019
Danielnino00:

Precisely.

Like joke like joke, Rohr has turned to bleach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:55pm On May 05, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Oya somebody should epp me call aunty Safarigirl. grin

Another fine boy for her viewing pleasure grin

That guy no fine, e just yellow.

We should never confuse light skin for fine face....maybe the third picture is lookable, but the first and second ones don't look like the same person as the third guy.

First two pictures looks like he smokes the same brand of weed as Wiz Khalifa.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:56pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Why should a player approach a coach and tell him to play him in a World Cup? Where is it done?

It was wrong but hence it is a white coach, lots of you will defend him. If that was Ameobi talking to Keshi to put him, you would have crucified Keshi.

show me a statute that says it is wrong....

you've been emphasizing on this.... all this while...how is wrong pls?
so I can't approach my boss now citing my intention to handle a current company project....? with the intentions to do better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:57pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

Rohr only issue at the world cup when it comes to players selection was dropping Aina for elderson and moreover Aina was poor during that period unlik now....

besides that...I can't really point any fault in his players selection...unlike keshi who picked Uchebo, Gabriel Rueben, Ameobi,Nwafor

That was how Keshi was criticised for his World Cup selection until he won it defeating the Ivorians and thrashing Mali along the way.

France resorted to injuring our players to get Keshi's team out of the tournament. That was how good his selection was. Not by your ideas but by Keshi's brilliance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 9:58pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

Aina conceded a late penalty in the last match before list

It was not like he was blowing people away
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:58pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

show me a statute that says it is wrong....

you've been emphasizing on this.... all this while...how is wrong pls?
so I can't approach my boss now citing my intention to handle a current company project....? with the intentions to do better

You can not. Sanchez can not approach Solskjaer to put him. Gabriel Jesus can not approach Guardiola to put him during a game. Sturridge cannot approach Klopp.

But Ighalo can.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2019
Earthquake3:

Aina conceded a late penalty in the last match before list

It was not like he was blowing people away

Like Echiejile was blowing people away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2019
Humility017:

How about Rohr's constant call up of Uche Agbo without playing him?? Agbo has been called up to at least 70% of the games Rohr has taken charge of but hardly plays.. even in the meaningless ones...

what do u have to say about that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2019
They done come out! Rohr till date have no such allegation against him frm the clubs and country he has coached bfor coming to 9ja but I doubt if u can say the same again keshi n others
TheGoodJoe:

It was Rohr who stood by a member of his staff who received bribe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2019
If u can come up with a tangible proof I will as from today become anti rohr
Danielnino00:

How about Rohr's constant call up of Uche Agbo without playing him?? Agbo has been called up to at least 70% of the games Rohr has taken charge of but hardly plays.. even in the meaningless ones...

what do u have to say about that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

That was how Keshi was criticised for his World Cup selection until he won it defeating the Ivorians and thrashing Mali along the way.

France resorted to injuring our players to get Keshi's team out of the tournament. That was how good his selection was. Not by your ideas but by Keshi's brilliance.

by taking a crappy bench to the world cup...

Gabriel Reuben who only managed 270 mins of.football that season in his club....

pls spare US all this..... His team selection was questionable even though he is a better coach than Rohr when it comes to tactics...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2019
charlesemeka85:
They done come out! Rohr till date have no such allegation against him frm the clubs and country he has coached bfor coming to 9ja but I doubt if u can say the same again keshi n others

At least Rohr stood by a bribe taker. We can take that to the bank.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:01pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Like Echiejile was blowing people away.

It was between Aina and Echiejiele who played in the qualifiers

Aina hasn't come out to say that Rohr requested for a bribe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 10:01pm On May 05, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Is it not Rohr we saw Ighalo telling him to put him on during the game against Iceland and then taraaaa, changes, Ighalo in.

you have been passing this lie for some times now. stop it already!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:01pm On May 05, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Adebayo accused keshi of trying to get share from his sign up money..... that eventually raised dust between them....

I remember reading about it...

Nigeria coaches are something else

(1) (2) (3) ... (5874) (5875) (5876) (5877) (5878) (5879) (5880) ... (16334) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Stillwater10, Samueldodo781(m), mostob(m), 9JAMac10, ddone and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.