Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688320 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5898) (5899) (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:47pm On May 08, 2019
Saw a post somewhere that Morocco have lined up a friendly with the super eagles on France in June...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 10:50pm On May 08, 2019
Fear GOD
How can you blame Ndidi because of the goal scored by kompany!!

No sane DM will come out from that line to attack kompany.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15pm On May 08, 2019
safarigirl:
On a video the world can see?

Except the machine itself will be compromised, I don't see how this will be possible
I think in the end, technology will reduce the controversies. The little problems we are having like the Man City vs Tottenham game is because VAR is still in its infancy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22pm On May 08, 2019
bazooka1:

He also converted Mascherano to a defender and Xavi Martinez,so this won't be the first time.
Point still remains he got his success on the back of an open checkbook policy. A policy which have seen Man city use underground practice to evade financial fair play.
I have no respect for success on the back of gaming the system.

Not true. Is the open check book Bernardo Silva, Sane Gundogan? Is it Stones, Laporte or Walker? These were no Stella names. What of Gabriel Jesus? We did not go big in the market compared to buys like Van Dijk, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino. The gulf in clout is far ahead. Guardiola is even cash strapped because of the inflation in market. He wanted the like Fred, Neves, Sanchez, De Jong, Bonucci, Jorginho and others but lost in securing those players because we do not run a open checkbook policy contrary to your claims.

Look at Manchester United buying Sanchez, Lukaku, Matic, Pogba.

Guardiola did not buy his players that way. He deserves respect but unfortunately, people will continue downplaying his impact because of their bias.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:29pm On May 08, 2019
bazooka1:

What was Liverpool's league position when Rogers was sacked and Klopp appointed mid season? If it wasn't 10th, prove me wrong.
Infact make your research and get back to me.

Klopp didn't spent £75M on any defender last season and got to the finals of the champions league.
Someone had to stand up to Man city's bulshit and match their spending at some point. Without mancity inflating the transfer market, I'm very sure Van Dyk wouldn't have gone for £75M.

Im not berating Pep. I think he's a good manager but he has had advantage over others with the open check book policy Mancity operates.

Which Manchester City bullish... Sorry but, Manchester City lost Kolarov, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy and Demichelis.

Buying Mendy, Walker, Danillo and Stones was replacing lost players, not spending sake. Not checkbook win.

Guardiola has been amazing. His impact transformed the Premier league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:33pm On May 08, 2019
AIG07:
As much as we do not like to admit it, komekn and his friend have always been right...
From Iheanacho, to bribery allegations against our local coaches, to league rankings, these two guys have been spot on... We often think they are sentimental in their discourse. Some tag them haters, tribalists, English asslikers... and so on.

But repeatedly, they've been vindicated... I like how komekn handles those who oppose him. He back up and defend his opinions without resorting to insults and name callings... I think it will be good if forgiveness too can do same.

TIME, overtime has proven these guys right. Still watching Solanke... The only thing they both seem not to get right yet.

I agree with you on this wholeheartedly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:35pm On May 08, 2019
busky007:
;Dlol
pls someone should find icon79 .
I no wan hear pesin commit suicide.
Andrew my guy ;Dlol
pls someone should find icon79 .
I no wan hear pesin commit suicide.
Andrew my guy

I have said the same thing before. lol

Seems like we won't be hearing from him in a while

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 11:41pm On May 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Not true. Is the open check book Bernardo Silva, Sane Gundogan? Is it Stones, Laporte or Walker? These were no Stella names. What of Gabriel Jesus? We did not go big in the market compared to buys like Van Dijk, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino. The gulf in clout is far ahead. Guardiola is even cash strapped because of the inflation in market. He wanted the like Fred, Neves, Sanchez, De Jong, Bonucci, Jorginho and others but lost in securing those players because we do not run a open checkbook policy contrary to your claims.

Look at Manchester United buying Sanchez, Lukaku, Matic, Pogba.

Guardiola did not buy his players that way. He deserves respect but unfortunately, people will continue downplaying his impact because of their bias.
Man Utd can afford to buy Sanchez and co. They are one of the world's most profitable clubs. They spend what they earn without breaking any rule.
It's not like Man city who are bankrolled by a country who inflated their sponsorship with Abu Dabi to evade financial fair play.

Psg, Man city and Chelsea contributed to this inflated and unrealistic transfer market. It's laughable Pep is complaining about the transfer market when he bought 3 full backs for £160M.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 11:41pm On May 08, 2019
darkelf:

I have said the same thing before. lol

Seems like we won't be hearing from him in a while

cheesy grin cheesy grin
the dude was damn noisy.and he can't even bear the shame.dats what happens when you talk too much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:45pm On May 08, 2019
AIG07:
As much as we do not like to admit it, komekn and his friend have always been right...
From Iheanacho, to bribery allegations against our local coaches, to league rankings, these two guys have been spot on... We often think they are sentimental in their discourse. Some tag them haters, tribalists, English asslikers... and so on.

But repeatedly, they've been vindicated... I like how komekn handles those who oppose him. He back up and defend his opinions without resorting to insults and name callings... I think it will be good if forgiveness too can do same.

TIME, overtime has proven these guys right. Still watching Solanke... The only thing they both seem not to get right yet.

Well, at first, you know my manner of response to those who insulted and even tried to bully me. It was devoid of insult, and I tried as much as possible to drive home my point in every argument with a smile.

This is my true nature from my youth. I normally smile at everything thrown at me in other not to hurt anybody.

However, I noticed people took advantage of me when I got into boarding school and turned me into an object of bullying because they see my kind and gentle nature as weakling but whenever I am pushed to the wall.....hmmm! grin then they got the message that he lives in me, he watches over me...after they got stained with their own body fluid. grin

In this manner, I dealt with bullies one by one, no matter their size or age, throughout my days in boarding school and even afterwards and they backed off.

I remembered those incidents after I noticed some people here just mistook me as an object of bullying, then I decided to make them back off.

Off course, I am a different person now with a different mind(Church mind). And that's the reason it took years before I gave them back in kind.

I didn't just insult anyhow, I did it when it was necessary to send a message to the bullies and make them back off.

I don't think I have time for that anymore this time around because I don't see myself going back and forth on issues.

Anyway, thanks for your advice. It has been noted.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 11:46pm On May 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Which Manchester City bullish... Sorry but, Manchester City lost Kolarov, Sagna, Zabaleta, Clichy and Demichelis.

Buying Mendy, Walker, Danillo and Stones was replacing lost players, not spending sake. Not checkbook win.

Guardiola has been amazing. His impact transformed the Premier league.
How much did their replacements cost?
Mangala- 45M
Stones-50M
Walker 50m
Danilo 50m
Mendy 52m
Laporte 57m
Not to mention the cost for Claudio Bravo and Emerson who cost a combined 90M.
If this isn't open checkbook management, I don't know what it is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49pm On May 08, 2019
bazooka1:

Man Utd can afford to buy Sanchez and co. They are one of the world's most profitable clubs. They spend what they earn without breaking any rule.
It's not like Man city who are bankrolled by a country who inflated their sponsorship with Abu Dabi to evade financial fair play.

Psg, Man city and Chelsea contributed to this inflated and unrealistic transfer market. It's laughable Pep is complaining about the transfer market when he bought 3 full backs for £160M.

Go and study your history. Manchester United became a big when someone banked rolled them with money to spend big.

So because Manchester United were banked rolled first, others should fold their arms while the spend to the high heavens to stay in top.

Now you know the market is unrealistic but you tried to paint a false image that Guardiola was spending money to buy titles, instead of acknowledging the impact of his tactical acumen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2019
bazooka1:

How much did their replacements cost?
Mangala- 45M
Stones-50M
Walker 50m
Danilo 50m
Mendy 52m
Laporte 57m
Not to mention the cost for Claudio Bravo and Emerson who cost a combined 90M.
If this isn't open checkbook management, I don't know what it is.

Your writing figures which is due to the unrealistic cost of the market, not quality. De Jong is costing Barcelona over £70 million. It is not quality.

Those names there are not names to buy a title.

Compare their names to that of Liverpool. Their players had more stellar names before they joined Liverpool than Manchester City buys.

Your buying league point is false. It took hard work,
dedication and brilliance for Guardiola to take us to where we are.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 11:59pm On May 08, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Go and study your history. Manchester United became a big when someone banked rolled them with money to spend big.

So because Manchester United were banked rolled first, others should fold their arms while the spend to the high heavens to stay in top.

Now you know the market is unrealistic but you tried to paint a false image that Guardiola was spending money to buy titles, instead of acknowledging the impact of his tactical acumen.

Guardiola is brilliant but the ability to spend top dollar on any player he wishes has gone a long way to get him success,that is why I rate the likes of Klopp and Pochetino who has had to work their ass off to get to where they are.
Coincidentally, they both will contest for the champions league finals. Win win situation for every pure football fan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:00am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Your writing figures which is due to the unrealistic cost of the market, not quality. De Jong is costing Barcelona over £70 million. It is not quality.

Those names there are not names to buy a title.

Compare their names to that of Liverpool. Their players had more stellar names before they joined Liverpool than Manchester City buys.

Your buying league point is false. It took hard work,
dedication and brilliance for Guardiola to take us to where we are.
The main reason why Je Jong will go for that price is because the transfer market have been raped by the likes of Man city. You get?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

The main reason why Je Jong will go for that price is because the transfer market have been raped by the likes of Man city. You get?

When Manchester United were buying Rooney and Ferdinand for huge sums, they were not ruining the market. When Chelsea went on a buying spree, they were not ruining the market.

When Real were spending astronomical figures for Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Figo etc, they were not ruining the market it is only when City buys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

So now you agree what market is ruined but tried to make it look as if we bought the league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Guardiola is brilliant but the ability to spend top dollar on any player he wishes has gone a long way to get him success,that is why I rate the likes of Klopp and Pochetino who has had to work their ass off to get to where they are.
Coincidentally, they both will contest for the champions league finals. Win win situation for every pure football fan.

I have already educated you, stop feigning ignorance.

Guardiola wanted Fred, Jorginho, Bonucci, Neves, Sanchez and could not because their valuation. So Guardiola never could spend on any player he wants. He has refined and developed young players to help his battle.

Let Pochettino break the kind of records Guardiola has broken in England. Luck played a big part in getting to the finals but the runs we did at City to get to where we are took hard work, dedication and brilliance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:09am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

So now you agree what market is ruined but tried to make it look as if we bought the league.
The Arab bankrolled clubs blew the market. Man city wnet a step further to scam the system with their Abu Dabi sponsorship.
What's your definition of buying the league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:13am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I have already educated you, stop feigning ignorance.

Guardiola wanted Fred, Jorginho, Bonucci, Neves, Sanchez and could not because their valuation. So Guardiola never could spend on any player he wants. He has refined and developed young players to help his battle.

Let Pochettino break the kind of records Guardiola has broken in England. Luck played a big part in getting to the finals but the runs we did at City to get to where we are took hard work, dedication and brilliance.
Hand Pochetino £400m to buy a defence, then watch him break records. This is no rocket science.
Highlighting all the players Man city failed to buy is very deceptive way to win an argument. Na only them Waka come? You want Man city to bug every single player they went in for? Imagine the audacity

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:27am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

When Manchester United were buying Rooney and Ferdinand for huge sums, they were not ruining the market. When Chelsea went on a buying spree, they were not ruining the market.

When Real were spending astronomical figures for Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Figo etc, they were not ruining the market it is only when City buys.
You still don't get the point. Man Utd and Real Madrid are top drawers and giants with their revenue generation. You're talking about the world's most profitable clubs. They spent what they earn.
Man city on the other hand are bankrolled by a country. Different scenarios here.

Excuse my illustration but imagine a bank manager who earns #500k a month. He can afford to buy a #3m Acura Zdx. You don't compare him with the brother of a yahoo boy who spent same amount to get an Acura. One has the legitimacy to spend because he earned it while the other is basically stealing a living.
You get the drift?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:27am On May 09, 2019
busky007:
the dude was damn noisy.and he can't even bear the shame.dats what happens when you talk too much

I tell ya
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:30am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

The Arab bankrolled clubs blew the market. Man city wnet a step further to scam the system with their Abu Dabi sponsorship.
What's your definition of buying the league?

Story.

What blew the market were the big league clubs. When Real Madrid were blowing fortunes on the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. The market started going astronomical.

When teams like Inter Milan aligned an array of stars like Ronaldo, Zamorano, Baggio, Zanetti, Kanu, later Seedorf and a host of others.

Manchester City have not come close to that sort of purchases. That is stellar names.

Well, we are talking Guardiola here and have proven to you that his success is not open check book. That is a fact.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:32am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Story.

What blew the market were the big league clubs. When Real Madrid were blowing fortunes on the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema. The market started going astronomical.

When teams like Inter Milan aligned an array of stars like Ronaldo, Zamorano, Baggio, Zanetti, Kanu, later Seedorf and a host of others.

Manchester City have not come close to that sort of purchases. That is stellar names.

Well, we are talking Guardiola here and have proven to you that his success is not open check book. That is a fact.
You mentioned Kaka, remember Man city was so desperate to get him that they broke the world record. If only the guy was materialistic, he would have practically be writing his own pay check every week.
That was the level Man city went in their quest to buy success.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You still don't get the point. Man Utd and Real Madrid are top drawers and giants with their revenue generation. You're talking about the world's most profitable clubs. They spent what they earn.
Man city on the other hand are bankrolled by a country. Different scenarios here.

Excuse my illustration but imagine a bank manager who earns #500k a month. He can afford to buy a #3m Acura Zdx. You don't compare him with the brother of a yahoo boy who spent same amount to get an Acura. One has the legitimacy to spend because he earned it while the other is basically stealing a living.
You get the drift?

Story. Giant revenue clubs are those that drove the market with reckless spending because of their bounties. Clubs like City spent money to give themselves a chance to battle with them. City were not the ones ruining the markets as you claim.

People have defeatist mentality and are okay with the so called status quo dominating them. They hate to see an underdog who has the guts to go against the upper dogs.

That is why City us hated. They should not be there. That is why you can put a false allegation that they are destroying the market when the big clubs kept spending ridiculous amount of money to stay on top.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You mentioned Kaka, remember Man city was so desperate to get him that they broke the world record. If only the guy was materialistic, he would have practically be writing his own pay check every week.

We did not get him because the big dogs wanted him.

Do not say we broke the record. We did not break it. It Was Real Madrid that spent a fortune on Kaka.

That is the point. Everyone is okay with the big dogs getting the best players and winning the titles.

That is not buying the league. It is buying the league when a small club sources for fund and buys players which can give them a shot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:38am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Madrid buying Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale and a host of others is not buying success. Buying success is when Manchester City buys Aguero and Dzeko. Lol.

You can see the bias in your point?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:44am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Madrid buying Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale and a host of others is not buying success. Buying success is when Manchester City buys Aguero and Dzeko. Lol.

I wish city spent what they earned on these players instead of depending on a sugar daddy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:46am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

We did not get him because the big dogs wanted him.

Do not say we broke the record. We did not break it. It Was Real Madrid that spent a fortune on Kaka.

That is the point. Everyone is okay with the big dogs getting the best players and winning the titles.

That is not buying the league. It is buying the league when a small club sources for fund and buys players which can give them a shot.
So you're saying Abu Dabi sponsorship of City was ethical?
If football operated a Fairplay system like the draft system used in NFL and NBA, you think guys like City will be in the picture?
You still haven't defined buying success.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 12:48am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe, your knowledge of the game is astounding. Good work.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:49am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The revenue they generate can get those players. Sugar daddies never backrolled those transfers. And the time these players where transferred, the transfer system never went haywire not until the Arabs bought Psg and Manchester city

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 12:50am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

So you're saying Abu Dabi sponsorship of City was ethical?
If football operated a Fairplay system like the draft system used in NFL and NBA, you think guys like City will be in the picture?
You still haven't defined buying success.

This makes no sense. Every big club you know today first got bankrolled and then used their success to perpetuate themselves as big clubs. City did just that. This rose-colored analysis you are spewing is just anti-pep. Nothing more.

How someone will justify Klopp's spending and in another breath pan Pep's is legendary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5898) (5899) (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.