Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688826 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5899) (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) (5905) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 12:52am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

The revenue they generate can get those players. Sugar daddies never backrolled those transfers. And the time these players where transferred, the transfer system never went haywire not until the Arabs bought Psg and Manchester city

Another huge lie. Zidane's transfer to RM was already inflated. Pogba's to United the same. This narrative about City ruining the market is such a daft lie. City have even shown themselves to be a club who will resist wanton inflation. They missed out on Jorginho for the same reason.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 12:59am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

This makes no sense. Every big club you know today first got bankrolled and then used their success to perpetuate themselves as big clubs. City did just that. This rose-colored analysis you are spewing is just anti-pep. Nothing more.

How someone will justify Klopp's spending and in another breath pan Pep's is legendary.

What are you talking about? I take it you don't know Liverpool are running an almost self sustaining buisness model.
Selling Coutinho for £130m went along way to balance their books. Add that to the champions league money they got last season. They made close to £60m from Uefa last year. Factor in the lottery they won with Solanke who cost them zero ££ and went for 18m.
Its a far cry from Man city who get monies pumped into the team with reckless abandon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:01am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

I wish city spent what they earned on these players instead of depending on a sugar daddy.

I wish the big clubs were decent enough to limit their spending and not try to stay on top with unlimited spending, then cry foul when another club sources for fund to battle them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:04am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

Another huge lie. Zidane's transfer to RM was already inflated. Pogba's to United the same. This narrative about City ruining the market is such a daft lie. City have even shown themselves to be a club who will resist wanton inflation. They missed out on Jorginho for the same reason.

Infalted. Do you know the definition of inflation? Zidane was the world best player and a world cup winner. His transfer to Madrid broke the world record but the market wasn't inflated.
Ask yourself how long it took before his transfer record was broken before you talk about inflation.
Talking about Jorginho, are you saying his decision to move to Chelsea had nothing to do with Sarri's influence? When Chelsea matched city's offer, there was no guesses where he's was going.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:06am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

What are you talking about? I take it you don't know Liverpool are running an almost self sustaining buisness model.
Selling Coutinho for £130m went along way to balance their books. Add that to the champions league money they got last season. They made close to £60m from Uefa last year. Factor in the lottery they won with Solanke who cost them zero ££ and went for 18m.
Its a far cry from Man city who get monies pumped into the team with reckless abandon.

And then spend humongous again. The cycle continues. Then Sell Van Dijk later probably to Real Madrid and the cycle continues. How will the small clubs ever get to compete with them when they already have a wide edge.

Remember when Liverpool were spending fortunes on Clyne, Lalana, Lovren, Charlie Adams and Co. When they were spending on Torres, Maxi Rodriguez and co.

They have the edge to keep making money because they were bank rolled earlier and they keep positioning themselves as lucrative clubs.

Abramovic came and broke the big club myth by spending and walking over the so called big club.

The so called big clubs got money earlier and started a cycle. Nothing different from what City is doing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:07am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I wish the big clubs were decent enough to limit their spending and not try to stay on top with unlimited spending, then cry foul when another club sources for fund to battle them.
Funny enough these clubs are running within the ambit of the financial fair play rules while some other clubs pulled a fast one by getting their sponsorship inflated by Abu Dabi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:08am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Infalted. Do you know the definition of inflation? Zidane was the world best player and a world cup winner. His transfer to Madrid broke the world record but the market wasn't inflated.
Ask yourself how long it took before his transfer record was broken before you talk about inflation.
Talking about Jorginho, are you saying his decision to move to Chelsea had nothing to do with Sarri's influence? When Chelsea matched city's offer, there was no guesses where he's was going.

Zidane was inflated it was a big jump in prices of top players. I think Ronaldo De Lima who had bigger clout went for £31m then Zidane jumped to £60m which was huge inflation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:09am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Funny enough these clubs are running within the ambit of the financial fair play rules while some other clubs pulled a fast one by getting their sponsorship inflated by Abu Dabi.

These clubs are running with we collected money and grew our club play rules and will punish those who want to use money to grow like us play rules.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:11am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You obviously do not know who you are responding to. Self-sustaining business model my foot. Do you think Barcelona have paid even up to one-half of Phillipe's deal? You guys should stop it with this sophistry. Add up Keita, Fabinho, Allison, VVD that is already 100M more than UCL and Countinho money. Never mind that they almost signed that winger from Lyon and backed out only when he failed a medical.

Liverpool by virtue of Klopp's UCL run decided to reinvest money in strengthening the team. That is what happened. Nothing like balancing books. In fact, City have made more revenue than Liverpool in the last 5 years consistently and are even more valued than United today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

What was the money from the first ffp fine used for? Sharing the money among big clubs. That is, collect Abu Dhabi money and share for them selves, to keep them up.

If they were fair, the money should have been shared among small clubs but no. FFP is big club play rules.

Manchester United can be in debt of hundred of millions but will scale the FFP fine but City with no debt will fail. Fantastic fairness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:13am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

And then spend humongous again. The cycle continues. Then Sell Van Dijk later probably to Real Madrid and the cycle continues. How will the small clubs ever get to compete with them when they already have a wide edge.

Remember when Liverpool were spending fortunes on Clyne, Lalana, Lovren, Charlie Adams and Co. When they were spending on Torres, Maxi Rodriguez and co.

They have the edge to keep making money because they were bank rolled earlier and they keep positioning themselves as lucrative clubs.

Abramovic came and broke the big club myth by spending and walking over the so called big club.

The so called big clubs got money earlier and started a cycle. Nothing different from what City is doing.
You're scraping the barrel by mentioning these players, some of whom were bought for £10m.
I never said clubs shouldn't buy. No club in the world can be sustainable without buying not even Mfm.
What I'm against is cheating the system to get ahead of competition. It's an unfair practice and Man City should be reprimanded. Altho, they have cleaned out their records with the Abu Dabi dollar rain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:14am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Chelsea did not match City's offer. City backed out because Chelsea offered more to Napoli. The news was everywhere just like the Alexis', Mahrez even laporte deals. Pep said the club will not go beyond the market to secure any player.

And Zidane's transfer was inflated. At the point he was signed, what was the valuation for the world's most expensive player? RM literally had to give Juventus an offer they could not possibly refuse. That is called breaking the bank.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:15am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Zidane was inflated it was a big jump in prices of top players. I think Ronaldo De Lima who had bigger clout went for £31m then Zidane jumped to £60m which was huge inflation.

I wish I saw this before replying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:15am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You're scraping the barrel by mentioning these players, some of whom were bought for £10m.
I never said clubs shouldn't buy. No club in the world can be sustainable without buying not even Mfm.
What I'm against is cheating the system to get ahead of competition. It's an unfair practice and Man City should be reprimanded. Altho, they have cleaned out their records with the Abu Dabi dollar rain.

If only Bournemouth could have those multiple 10 million to spend.

Manchester United and the other clubs were bank rolled to get ahead of other clubs including Manchester City but you do not call that cheating. It is cheating when another does the same to fight them.

Fantastic breakdown of bias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:17am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

You obviously do not know who you are responding to. Self-sustaining business model my foot. Do you think Barcelona have paid even up to one-half of Phillipe's deal? You guys should stop it with this sophistry. Add up Keita, Fabinho, Allison, VVD that is already 100M more than UCL and Countinho money. Never mind that they almost signed that winger from Lyon and backed out only when he failed a medical.

Liverpool by virtue of Klopp's UCL run decided to reinvest money in strengthening the team. That is what happened. Nothing like balancing books. In fact, City have made more revenue than Liverpool in the last 5 years consistently and are even more valued than United today.

You think Barcelona haven't paid up for Coutinho and on the other hand believe Liverpool have paid up in cash for VVD, keita, fabinho... You can see the bias in your statement.
If you know how transfer system works, then you should know monies are paid in installments. For instance Cardiff will in 3 installments for the dead Argentine player. That's how it works alright?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:18am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

If only Bournemouth could have those multiple 10 million to spend.

Manchester United and the other clubs were bank rolled to get ahead over other clubs including Manchester City but you do not call that cheating. It is cheating when another does the same to fight them.

Fantastic breakdown of bias.

You're comparing Bournemouth's merchandise and the brand Liverpool? That's a miss match bro.
Think of another illustration.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You're comparing Bournemouth's merchandise and the brand Liverpool? That's a miss match bro.
Think of another illustration.

The merchandise and brand is because they were bank rolled earlier. That is what the likes of Chelsea and City have shown. The Manchester United, Liverpool, your Real Madrid and others were bank rolled earlier. With money, sound investment and time, even Bournemouth can challenge for titles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:21am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You think Barcelona haven't paid up for Coutinho and on the other hand believe Liverpool have paid up in cash for VVD, keita, fabinho... You can see the bias in your statement.
If you know how transfer system works, then you should know monies are paid in installments. For instance Cardiff will in 3 installments for the dead Argentine player. That's how it works alright?

I know the argument goes both ways which is why I went on to mention the over 100M disparity. That is not balancing any books my friend. That is not even promissory spending. That shows that Liverpool reinvested in the squad. Something even Sarri did in signing Kepa whose value was heavily inflated just like Allison's. But you are crying kpaho for City who paid just 35M for Ederson and talmbout inflation. Miss me with the claptrap.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:31am On May 09, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The merchandise and brand is because they were bank rolled earlier. That is what the likes of Chelsea and City have shown. The Manchester United, Liverpool, your Real Madrid and others were bank rolled earlier. With money, sound investment and time, even Bournemouth can challenge for titles.
But that's the point I'm making. Man city have spent their way to success. Your comment is in agreement with my point.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:33am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

But that's the point I'm making. Man city have spent their way to success. Your comment is in agreement with my point.

He is saying every big club did that. Every one of them. Luck might deflect results here and there but that is what ALL of them did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:34am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

I know the argument goes both ways which is why I went on to mention the over 100M disparity. That is not balancing any books my friend. That is not even promissory spending. That shows that Liverpool reinvested in the squad. Something even Sarri did in signing Kepa whose value was heavily inflated just like Allison's. But you are crying kpaho for City who paid just 35M for Ederson and talmbout inflation. Miss me with the claptrap.
Have you factored in the Champions league money and the extra gate takings from the ant field expansion in your 100 million disparity quote?
Don't just bandy words around without a deep thought.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:35am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Have you factored in the Champions league money and the extra gate takinhs from the ant field expansion in your 100 million disparity quote?
Don't just bandy words around without a deep thought.

LOL do you think City did not make champions league money as well or did not sell far more merchandise than all the other english franchises last year? Where was your own deep thought in that regard?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:38am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

He is saying every big club did that. Every one of them. Luck might deflect results here and there but that is what ALL of them did.

Every big club scammed the system to win trophies?
For real?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 1:41am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

LOL do you think City did not make champions league money as well or did not sell far more merchandise than all the other english franchises last year? Where was your own deep thought in that regard?
City were bundled out of the champions league at the quarter finals. I would imagine their earnings won't be the same with the finalists.
I didn't know the Etihad was also expanded like Antfield. My apologies

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:45am On May 09, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You can blow all the grammar but it doesn't change the fact that you know I am right.

EVASION + EVASION X EVASION.

You made the claim now you should prove it.

I only asked you to give me one example of falsehood or lies that you can attribute to me.

But you haven't done that show some integrity and character, and back up your claims.

Or you are a BIG LIAR

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:54am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

City were bundled out of the champions league at the quarter finals. I would imagine their earnings won't be the same with the finalists.
I didn't know the Etihad was also expanded like Antfield. My apologies

The much-vaunted champions league money is propaganda. It is about 20M difference between QF and final. First division team's playing qualifiers into the EPL get more money - fact. Then Etihad being expanded or not is straw man argument. The Centurion team playing the best football in the country attracted the most coverage and sold the most merchandise never mind game tickets.

You are talking earnings and you are bringing Liverpool. LOL.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 1:54am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

Every big club scammed the system to win trophies?
For real?

You call it scam because you cannot post beyond your knowledge. Fair game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:57am On May 09, 2019
Komekn... EPL is tha truth cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 2:02am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

The much-vaunted champions league money is propaganda. It is about 20M difference between QF and final. First division team's playing qualifiers into the EPL get more money - fact. Then Etihad being expanded or not is straw man argument. The Centurion team playing the best football in the country attracted the most coverage and sold the most merchandise never mind game tickets.

You're shooting all over the place. I thought you were talking about the so called 100m deficit. Suddenly the deficit goes up in flames when you add the champions league money and extra takings from the stadium expansion.
Try and anchor your argument on a point. You're currently all over the place.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bazooka1: 2:04am On May 09, 2019
Eruditor:

One would think Man city would not have to resort to sponsorship padding to get ahead of the financial fair play since they have the most merchandise and sales.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eruditor: 2:16am On May 09, 2019
bazooka1:

You're shooting all over the place. I thought you were talking about the so called 100m deficit. Suddenly the deficit goes up in flames when you add the champions league money and extra takings from the stadium expansion.
Try and anchor your argument on a point. You're currently all over the place.

No. It does not. They service debts of salaries and bonuses to go with maintainance. Your arguments are too strawman to be taken seriously. There is a palpable difference between whatever Liverpool earned and what they spent that these bogus parameters you are introducing cannot offset. Stevie Wonder can see this. That difference was a reinvestment by the decision makers. Something Klopp himself admitted to. But keep spinning tall tales to save your shortage of facts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5899) (5900) (5901) (5902) (5903) (5904) (5905) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Joebie and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.