Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11604747 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5930) (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) (5936) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2019
do4luv14:

chill bro, pls let him be,
back to football,
how many over-age players did you see in our U-20WC list
Lol... you want make me and Mr. Basco quarrel be that....

because most of the over age suspects na mainly e NPFL boys....
I still don't believe a player less 20 years old will be playing active football in the NPFL...especially the claim by some to have spent like 2-3 seasons in the NPFL...
that league is for matured men...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:55am On May 14, 2019
Joebie:
shocked
the thing weak me....wallahi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 9:58am On May 14, 2019
AngryNigerian22:
Trust me Esan or Edo deserved whatever hate they are getting from Nigerians. the name Edo Itself is a bad Omen, a tribe where 90% of their women are in Europe doing prostitution Is that one a good thing? Your sisters are notorious for doing human trafficking every damn time.

It's only Nigerians that are complaining most African are also complaining about Edo women how they bring disgrace to other African women, because of their whoring lifestyle. undecided

instead of you to caution your sisters, you are saying we are hating on them. now tell me which sane human will like your sisters? the notorious Wh0res of Europe?
just shut up that filthy shit hole you call a mouth you idiot

Are you mad? What exactly do you have against Edo women? 90% you say
it's obvious you're some kid looking for attention, I shouldn't even burden myself conversing with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 10:03am On May 14, 2019
Bunch of Tribal bigots using football to hide their Bigotry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 10:06am On May 14, 2019
Rohr visits Iheanacho and Ndidi at Leicester City

Super Eagles’ Manager Gernot Rohr was at the King Power Stadium to watch the Super Eagles duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi in action for Leicester City against Chelsea at the weekend.
While Wilfred Ndidi saw action for 66 minutes before he was substituted, Kelechi Iheanacho was on the bench from start to finish.

Gernot Rohr was on a working visit to his players in England ahead of the coming African Cup of Nations in Egypt and he also had the opportunity to meet with the Captain of the team John Mikel Obi.
“I had a good game to see here. (Wilfred) Ndidi very fit, Kelechi (Iheanacho) did not come in to play in the match. I would have loved to see him in action”, He said.
However, it is still unclear if Rohr would include Iheanacho in the team to the African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

https://www.brila.net/rohr-visits-iheanacho-ndidi-leicester-city/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:09am On May 14, 2019
Aforbear..come and bring sanity to this thread angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:19am On May 14, 2019
krattoss:
Aforbear..come and bring sanity to this thread angry

abi ooo I miss that nigga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:31am On May 14, 2019
Seems some people have started feasting on this Ighalo tribalism nonsense.

PLEASE TAKE ALL UR TRIBALISM TALKS TO ANOTHER SECTION OF NAIRALAND. This is a football thread please.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:38am On May 14, 2019
Hia.. Agent of Under 20 player Makunjuola accused of bribing officials to make squad list.
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=32131
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:38am On May 14, 2019
Favor99:

That’s your business if your angry. If it helps, Jump off a cliff if you have to.
I was on these threads during the World Cup and the hate Ighalo and the other Edo players received was unprovoked and uncalled for. So I know what I’m talking about.
I noticed a similar pattern to other Edo celebrities and politicians
So there’s only one reasonable conclusion....

Even look at the tribalism I received from angrynigerian right here on this thread.
What are you saying?

Let's make your pain more Cifia ... Ighalo is a waste man in the words of somebody here ....Now die or you want me to assist you with Euthanasia?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2019
gustav25:

Let's make your pain more Cifia ... Ighalo is a waste man in the words of somebody here ....Now die or you want me to assist you with Euthanasia?
Idiotic individual
keep on wallowing in your ignorance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10am On May 14, 2019
So much hate flying around. You guys should chill. The players are fighting under one flag and that is what we should do here.

Everyone has a choice to like or not like the a player. No need for the tantrums.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:50am On May 14, 2019
Icon4s:
Seems some people have started feasting on this Ighalo tribalism nonsense.

PLEASE TAKE ALL UR TRIBALISM TALKS TO ANOTHER SECTION OF NAIRALAND. This is a football thread please.

Gbam

Egbon, God almighty bless you.

To all you tribalist detectors, this ain't the political thread. We criticise any player that bleeps up without regards to race or tribe. Please don't bring your rotten ideology to pollute this thread. Carry it to your tribally parochial political threads.

Thanks

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:53am On May 14, 2019
Favor99:

That’s your business if your angry. If it helps, Jump off a cliff if you have to.
I was on these threads during the World Cup and the hate Ighalo and the other Edo players received was unprovoked and uncalled for. So I know what I’m talking about.
I noticed a similar pattern to other Edo celebrities and politicians
So there’s only one reasonable conclusion....

Even look at the tribalism I received from angrynigerian right here on this thread.
What are you saying?

You were not on this thread bro. If not you would have noticed that iheanacho, Mikel (himself) and even Uzoho were bashed well. Now, do you see any Igbo person wailing...no. Even now, these same set of players are criticised more than Ighalo because Ighalo appears to have picked up form but I guess, you purposely ignored that part. You are the tribalist here with an insular worldview.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:58am On May 14, 2019
Humility017:

Lol... you want make me and Mr. Basco quarrel be that....

because most of the over age suspects na mainly e NPFL boys....
I still don't believe a player less 20 years old will be playing active football in the NPFL...especially the claim by some to have spent like 2-3 seasons in the NPFL...
that league is for matured men...
My man I can name five footballers who are my personal friends who played Nigeria league at the age of 17-19 and some of them spent five to seven years in NPFL,one of them almost made Japan 93 U17 team then as SS3 student.

We still have few ones who have the opportunity of joining the league at a very young age though very few.

I still remember some of my age mates 18-21 then in the university playing in Nigeria leagues across the nation the major issue is NFF lacking a good scouting scheme to get them at relative young age.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:01pm On May 14, 2019
Earthquake2:
Rohr visits Iheanacho and Ndidi at Leicester City

Super Eagles’ Manager Gernot Rohr was at the King Power Stadium to watch the Super Eagles duo of Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi in action for Leicester City against Chelsea at the weekend.
While Wilfred Ndidi saw action for 66 minutes before he was substituted, Kelechi Iheanacho was on the bench from start to finish.

Gernot Rohr was on a working visit to his players in England ahead of the coming African Cup of Nations in Egypt and he also had the opportunity to meet with the Captain of the team John Mikel Obi.
“I had a good game to see here. (Wilfred) Ndidi very fit, Kelechi (Iheanacho) did not come in to play in the match. I would have loved to see him in action”, He said.
However, it is still unclear if Rohr would include Iheanacho in the team to the African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

https://www.brila.net/rohr-visits-iheanacho-ndidi-leicester-city/

please Rohr don't include kelechi in the travelling party to Afcon... please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:04pm On May 14, 2019
darkelf:

You were not on this thread bro. If not you would have noticed that iheanacho, Mikel (himself) and even Uzoho were bashed well. Now, do you see any Igbo person wailing...no. Even now, these same set of players are criticised more than Ighalo because Ighalo appears to have picked up form but I guess, you purposely ignored that part. You are the tribalist here with an insular worldview.

Thank you. i was so surprised... no body have ever show tribalism or hate any south-south players
because of their tribes.
i repeat nobody... care about their tribes... they rate them based on how prolific they are.
thanks for speaking up bro

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:07pm On May 14, 2019
Kog45:
My man I can name five footballers who are my personal friends who played Nigeria league at the age of 17-19 and some of them spent five to seven years in NPFL,one of them almost made Japan 93 U17 team then as SS3 student.

We still have few ones who have the opportunity of joining the league at a very young age though very few.

I still remember some of my age mates 18-21 then in the university playing in Nigeria leagues across the nation the major issue is NFF lacking a good scouting scheme to get them at relative young age.
sometimes Egbon you make me believe the impossible... well i believe you sha
but you know Nigerians level of integrity then different from now. someone like Gata
who has been playing in the NPFL for like 3-4 years now still claim 18 years..how is that possible?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2019
Humility017:

please Rohr don't include kelechi in the travelling party to Afcon... please
Hmmm,not a Nacho fan but i remember we almost dropped Musa from SE before WC on this thread.

If Rohr can turn him around then why not.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2019
Humility017:

sometimes Egbon you make me believe the impossible... well i believe you sha
but you know Nigerians level of integrity then different from now. someone like Gata
who has been playing in the NPFL for like 3-4 years now still claim 18 years..how is that possible?
Well playing in NPFL for 3-4 years and still at 18 years is not possible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 14, 2019
darkelf:

Matip is below average... Take it from a watchful and passionate LFC fan.

He misses interceptions and headers that are sometimes very dangerous. VVD has been shielding him all thought the season. I'd prefer Gomez to him.

Matip ke.......
Believe me, you are not a fan of LFC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2019
tbaba1234:

He was part of the 2016 under 17 squad that failed to qualify.. He plays for Water FC, i believe.. I think, he was also at Brooke academy in the UK.
hmmmmm, I hope he's that good sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:17pm On May 14, 2019
Chinonso Emeka of Brookehouse Academy in England.. Pacy Striker.. One of those who made the final 21.

Some of the truly young boys to look out for.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:19pm On May 14, 2019
Success Makanjuola, left footed player, former under 17 international.

Another young boy in the team

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:34pm On May 14, 2019
Jerome Akor of Sogndal, long time member of the team, formerly from Jamba academy.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:36pm On May 14, 2019
Why are all these guys black as charcoal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:40pm On May 14, 2019
Kog45:
Hmmm,not a Nacho fan but i remember we almost dropped Musa from SE before WC on this thread.

If Rohr can turn him around then why not.

that only if the boy want to be turned around...
he does not look serious to me...anymore

all he cares about is the constant cash he makes weekly in the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:46pm On May 14, 2019
Tom Dele Bashiru, in the market for a new club this summer after contract renewal talks broke down at Mancity..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:50pm On May 14, 2019
Favor99:

I noticed it last year. Ighalo was getting heckled by Nigerians on social media right from the first game(before he missed the shot)
It got so bad that he had to disable comments. He was heckled and ridiculed throughout the World Cup, him and Victor Moses

This is the same way the Nigerian media and nairalanders rubbish Oshimhole anyhow. The way these people get heckled non stop.
Oh yea all 3 of this notable figures are from Edo State

The only 2 super eagles to receive such disrespect where the Edo players Ighalo and Moses, even though the other players played poorly. Moses actually had an above average World Cup and had a goal and assist, but that didn't stop people from singling going him out

Andrew444 said what Ive been saying for the past year, Ighalo got singled out and basically persecuted because of his tribe.

You guys are way too defensive like you trying to cover up. Theres some type of tribalism towards Edo people on social media over the past year and a half.

Look how the media and bloggers reports news from Edo State. Have you heard of instablognja?

Throughout nairaland people slander our state and make ridiculous lies and accusations.

I dont know what evil you all have planned for our people. But it won't work! Praise God

What a load of crap!

crap!!

Is Iheanacho from Edo? U don't see the insults he has been getting?
Is Akpeyi from Edo?

You even had to bring a politician into this..
rubbish !

carry your tribalism away from.here to the politics section where it belongs.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:57pm On May 14, 2019
Earthquake2:
Why are all these guys black as charcoal?

"Black as charcoal"
Smh!

they are Africans!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:58pm On May 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
Tom Dele Bashiru, in the market for a new club this summer after contract renewal talks broke down at Mancity..

U20 world cup will help him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2019
Has anybody been monitoring Mikel's games in the Championship? Is he still good enough or is he gonna get an invite because he's John Obi Mikel

O pari

charlesemeka85:
There is nothing going on BTW the both. I read somewhere online that few weeks ago that Mikel asked to be left out of the team in recent matches for him to regain full match fitness in Boro which was the main reason why he joined the championship club which was understandable

Rohr knows that Mikel for now is an important figure in his young team to Afcon and no sane coach will drop a player of mikel's quality and caliber heading to the tournament

(1) (2) (3) ... (5930) (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) (5936) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dankorode(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.