Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,818 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11617905 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) (5936) (5937) ... (16131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:00pm On May 14, 2019
Nnamdi Ofoborh, one of the best players in the squad. Keep an eye on him. Definitely one that can join the super eagles soon.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:00pm On May 14, 2019
alekside:
Believe me, you are not a fan of LFC.

I am bro and I have been for over 14 yrs now.

The truth will come out when VVD gets injured. Then, you will remember this post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:03pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:
Has anybody been monitoring Mikel's games in the Championship? Is he still good enough or is he gonna get an invite because he's John Obi Mikel

O pari

My point exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:06pm On May 14, 2019
Kingsley Michael, expected to be one of the stars of the team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:07pm On May 14, 2019
KPOM! You nailed it. After the miracle of Anfield, many pundits talk as if Liverpool already has the cup in the bag but it's far from that. To me, it's still a 50-50 chance. Spurs won't be intimidated by Liverpool at all.

As for me, ordinarily, I will be supporting Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool because I am a big Klopp fan. And in addition, I believe that they deserve to win something after everything they did last year and again this year; however, I am still mad at them for eliminating Barca so I will be rooting against them on June 1st grin

O pari

TheGoodJoe:

I will be supporting Liverpool that night because the have fought so hard this season and deserve a title for such consistency.

However, you have a point and if anyone has the antidote to Liverpool's Gengen pressing, it is Pochettino. I have not seen a team so formidable against the press as Tottenham Hotspur under Mauricio Pochettino.

That was what killed Ajax when they felt they could go for the jugular. Best way to play Spurs is to keep it tidy at the back press lightly and win the ball when they attack with the ball in your own half.

If you go for the ball with a high press fighting for it in Spurs half, it is like pointing a hot barrel of a gun to your head.

Ironically, that is the strength of Liverpool and I fear for them against Spurs whose strength lies in countering it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 14, 2019
darkelf:

I am bro and I have been for over 14 yrs now.

The truth will come out when VVD gets injured. Then, you will remember this post
Saying he's below average is harsh. Remember he was our best defender before we bought VVD. It was his recurring injuries that affected him. By the way, he has been immense since he came him for injured Gomez.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:08pm On May 14, 2019
Kog45:
Hmmm,not a Nacho fan but i remember we almost dropped Musa from SE before WC on this thread.

If Rohr can turn him around then why not.

Egbon...come on now, I know you are better than this

Turn someone who hasn't played 90 mins in a long time into Messi or what?

Someone that missed a sitter in the game against Man city. The best opportunity for a turnaround for KC is at his club.

Players improve because they play for club not country. How many times does a pro footie play for his country?

Rohr isn't a magician to turnaround an undisciplined Player in a matter of weeks

Rohr will regret it if he gives KC a spot and ignores other hardworking players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:13pm On May 14, 2019
I concur 100%, especially with him playing in the championship. Is he getting game time? How has he performed with Boro?

O pari

darkelf:

O have told people times without number here that we would be better off without that overrated player called Mikel.

It seems Rohr has noticed that too. I may be wrong though...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:15pm On May 14, 2019
Looking at that French team eeee...most of them play first team football in France....checkout '' transfermarket.com'

Again most are Africans...West and North Africans to be precise

This under 20 is really for young professionals not even for academy players oooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:17pm On May 14, 2019
alekside:
Saying he's below average is harsh. Remember he was our best defender before we bought VVD. It was his recurring injuries that affected him. By the way, he has been immense since he came him for injured Gomez.

He looked good because other defenders were crap

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is the king
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2019
Kog45:
Hmmm,not a Nacho fan but i remember we almost dropped Musa from SE before WC on this thread.

Sir i emailed you and you didnt answer o base on what we discussed the last time.

You know its been long
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:19pm On May 14, 2019
darkelf:

Egbon...come on now, I know you are better than this

Turn someone who hasn't played 90 mins in a long time into Messi or what?

Someone that missed a sitter in the game against Man city. The best opportunity for a turnaround for KC is at his club.

Players improve because they play for club not country. How many times does a pro footie play for his country?

Rohr isn't a magician to turnaround an undisciplined Player in a matter of weeks

Rohr will regret it if he gives KC a spot and ignores other hardworking players

Agreed

Musa had to take a loan to cska moscow and scored about 6 league goals in 10 games to get back to him self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 14, 2019
darkelf:

He looked good because other defenders were crap

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is the king
Fair point.

That doesn't mean he's "below average" though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:
I concur 100%, especially with him playing in the championship. Is he getting game time? How has he performed with Boro?

O pari

Bros dont ask that question abeg, how can you be asking if mikel is having game time at boro, he has even captained them this season, world class obi mikel for that matter?

Thats how you said ekong is better than lenglet

I am still waiting for you to say Omeruo is better than van dijk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:22pm On May 14, 2019
The current board is useless to say the least. Meanwhile, along with De Jong (and hopefully, De Light), here are the 4 players (plus coach) that I am recommending to the Board:

Gabriel Jesus (22) F - Luis Suarez is still good enough but he's ageing and can't play a full season any more. He's a better option for Barca than the prima donna called Antoine Griezmann.
Ryan Sessegnon (21) LB - to me, Jordi Alba has never been good enough to play for Barcelona.
Kalidou Koulibaly (27) CB - then they can sale either Lenglet or Umtiti. In addition, Pique is ageing and can't play full season any more
Ngolo Kante (28) DM - in my opinion, Sergio Busquets is ageing and should become an impact sub nest season. I was gonna recommend the younger Wilfred Ndidi but I can't recommend too many non-EU players

O pari

Earthquake2:

Anything about the recent Barca board disgust me, from not producing players to buying players for outrageous prices to bribing and corruption to sneaky practices in player transfers to Valverde

I just hope Bartomeu finishes his tenure so I can enjoy Barca again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:
The current board is useless to say the least. Meanwhile, along with De Jong (and hopefully, De Light), here are the 4 players (plus coach) that I am recommending to the Board:

Gabriel Jesus (22) F - Luis Suarez is still good enough but he's ageing and can't play a full season any more. He's a better option for Barca than the prima donna called Antoine Griezmann.
Ryan Sessegnon (21) LB - to me, Jordi Alba has never been good enough to play for Barcelona.
Kalidou Koulibaly (27) CB - then they can sale either Lenglet or Umtiti. In addition, Pique is ageing and can't play full season any more
Ngolo Kante (28) DM - in my opinion, Sergio Busquets is ageing and should become an impact sub nest season. I was gonna recommend the younger Wilfred Ndidi but I can't recommend too many non-EU players

O pari

You want kante when you just got de jong?

Barca will never bid for ryan sessegnon

Barcelona will not sell lenglet if there is anyone to be sold its injury prone umtiti

Aguero will be 31 soon, pep will not sell jesus

You wanna bet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:27pm On May 14, 2019
hoodedjaystrim:

Idiotic individual
keep on wallowing in your ignorance

Dingbat , you wish to cry more ? I can be your pedagogy licenced to flog life out of you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:28pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

Gabriel Jesus kwa, the guy is not prolific abeg

Ryan Sessegnon is not much of a left back as much a winger, Barca sold Digne without an assistant to Alba angry

Ngolo Kante is good but I don't think Barca want him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:30pm On May 14, 2019
Haha!!! @Omerua vs VVD. Bros, do you know that I have been begging Barca to sign VVD since when he was still an unknown quantity at Southampton? Yup, I recommended him along with Ngolo Kante the year Leicester City won the EPL. That was during the Luis Enrique' time as Barcelona coach. But they kept wasting money on junk players.

Meanwhile, if Mikel is still in form them I will support his recall but only if Rohr thinks that he still needs him. But I knew that he wasn't happy in Russia after he was forced to play DM. I don't want him to do to Rohr what Steven Keshi (RIP) did to Westerhof in USA '94.

O pari

andrew444:

Bros dont ask that question abeg, how can you be asking if mikel is having game time at boro, he has even captained them this season, world class obi mikel for that matter?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:30pm On May 14, 2019
Kog45:

Example of an old man Arrow ... A player many said was better goal scorer and player than mbappe but went a full season with only a goal .... Bullshit man Kog
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:32pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:
Haha!!! @Omerua vs VVD. Bros, do you know that I have been begging Barca to sign VVD since when he was still an unknown quantity at Southampton? Yup, I recommended him along with Ngolo Kante the year Leicester City won the EPL. That was during the Luis Enrique' time as Barcelona coach. But they kept wasting money on junk players.

Meanwhile, if Mikel is still in form them I will support his recall but only if Rohr thinks that he still needs him. But I knew that he wasn't happy in Russia after he was forced to play DM. I don't want him to do to Rohr what Steven Keshi (RIP) did to Westerhof in USA '94.

O pari

Lol

Funny you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:33pm On May 14, 2019
Earthquake2:
Why are all these guys black as charcoal?
Look at Mugu ... Is he a white man ? Insipid Arrow ... Looking at you in a cantankerous state already .....

And you can reply with your venom ,but I don't come back to a post twice ....So bye Yobo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:33pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:

O pari

please bro don't mind..
Darkeff.
you should know that he will the last person to approve mikel's return to the team.

mikel has been fantastic for his club...to the extent he was given the captain arm band upon injury suffered by the team's captain.

He has been very instrumental to the team success lately and almost earn them the play off spot....

Trust me he will be a great addition to the super eagles quest for the afcon trophy...
he has gained his mojo back....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:36pm On May 14, 2019
dude was immerse in the just concluded season for boro which have made epl teams interested in having him. he is currently in talks with newly promoted norwich and shelfield united
Icon79:
Has anybody been monitoring Mikel's games in the Championship? Is he still good enough or is he gonna get an invite because he's John Obi Mikel

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:37pm On May 14, 2019
andrew444:

You dey mind the palm wine drunkards here ? It's certain another group stage exit for them with their shit players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 1:40pm On May 14, 2019
gustav25:
Look at Mugu ... Is he a white man ? Insipid Arrow ... Looking at you in a cantankerous state already .....

And you can reply with your venom ,but I don't come back to a post twice ....So bye Yobo

Why your body dey hot grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:42pm On May 14, 2019
Yup. I think Kante and de jong can play together actually. Kante would be playing as a destroyer (although barca has never adopted that "Mikalele role"wink and De jong would play further forward in a more creative role. Just as Kante and Jorginho at Chelsea - but in a reverse role, with Kante playing as the anchor and de jong in a more creative role. But for some reasons, I don't think Barca wants Kante.

I see a lot of upside to Sessegnon's game. I think he's got a potential to become world class in a few years, and he would come cheap as well grin

I agree with you on Jesus but Pep might not have a choice though because Jesus needs game time now... not in 2 years time.

O pari

andrew444:

You want kante when you just got de jong?

Barca will never bid for ryan sessegnon

Barcelona will not sell lenglet if there is anyone to be sold its injury prone umtiti

Aguero will be 31 soon, pep will not sell jesus

You wanna bet?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 1:44pm On May 14, 2019
Nekwanu mu anya o shocked

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:46pm On May 14, 2019
bros, it'd difficult to be prolific if you don't get much game time. Scoring comes with confidence. And you get confidence by playing day in day out. He'll excel at Barca. Trust me, he wouldn't have missed those passes that Leo Messi supplied to Coutinho and Jordi Alba at Anfield.

I agree with you on Kante. Barca doesn't want him, for a reason that I can't understand. The dude is the hardest working man in the game.

O pari

Earthquake2:

Gabriel Jesus kwa, the guy is not prolific abeg

Ryan Sessegnon is not much of a left back as much a winger, Barca sold Digne without an assistant to Alba angry

Ngolo Kante is good but I don't think Barca want him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:49pm On May 14, 2019
Icon79:
Yup. I think Kante and de jong can play together actually. Kante would be playing as a destroyer (although barca has never adopted that "Mikalele role"wink and De jong would play further forward in a more creative role. Just as Kante and Jorginho at Chelsea - but in a reverse role, with Kante playing as the anchor and de jong in a more creative role. But for some reasons, I don't think Barca wants Kante.

I see a lot of upside to Sessegnon's game. I think he's got a potential to become world class in a few years, and he would come cheap as well grin

I agree with you on Jesus but Pep might not have a choice though because Jesus needs game time now... not in 2 years time.

O pari

You made a point

Sessegnon kid is not bad but barca wont buy him

There was a time last season jesus was starting ahead of aguero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:50pm On May 14, 2019
andrew444:

Sir i emailed you and you didnt answer o base on what we discussed the last time.

You know its been long
Sorry Andrew my man.Ok kunle111@icloud.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:50pm On May 14, 2019
Earthquake3:
Nekwanu mu anya o shocked

why dem ban you nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (5931) (5932) (5933) (5934) (5935) (5936) (5937) ... (16131) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), villagereporter(m), M7even(m), Philosopher1979, Christinu2, Meliforme, talk2docee, Sugarboyy(m), elyte89, mank1234(m), mummyson26(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.