Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11664919 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6019) (6020) (6021) (6022) (6023) (6024) (6025) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 6:10am On May 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Top teams buy 2 kinds of players. Established stars and top prospects.. Samu falls into the later category.
In most cases, the prospects get very little playing time. The reason why those young players get loaned out to mid tier clubs then, they are recalled if their development threshold hits the mark, otherwise they are resold for profit.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 6:27am On May 27, 2019
darkelf:

If this one hear damasak, baga, metele or maguleri now, him go tear rave

Fake mopol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:28am On May 27, 2019
Humility017:

Lol...I am so surprised at forgiveness words...
they were proven world class players...

save for Sallah...those guys were not really known prior their signing for Liverpool.
but with the right philosophy, guidance and hard work...they've made it to the top.
a young player..recognized to be among the top 20 best young players in europe too 5 leagues...and here someone is trying to downplay his potentials and recognition just to promote a mediocre player like seyi ojo

You can't change the fact that Ojo broke into the first team of Liverpool. Fact

It is only an ignoramus that doesn't know Wijnaldum and Mane before coming to Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2019
edi287:

What about the legitimate 19 year olds that has had his opportunity usurped by a 26 year old?? You think that's fair abi?
This is how folks will defend Yahoo boys because "country is hard" yet not realizing that those guys are making it even harder for legit young men to do anything.
Nigerians is the problem of Nigeria. Bad leaders did not fall from heaven. They came from the masses.
The masses can make a change but we all know the average naija folk is all talk. How else can you have a president like Buhari for 8 years??

The Rulers of a nation most often reflect the people of that nation.

The bitter truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:56am On May 27, 2019
Humility017:

yeah he won the under 17 medal...?
did mane and the names you mentioned to be proven world class players prior their signing for Liverpool won any of fifa world cup medals?
they haven't even won any medal after signing for Liverpool. So, I don't know where he is pulling his arguments from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:00am On May 27, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I am sorry but what u and the lot are talking is absolutely baseless. Nigerians are not more corrupt than any one else. They are doing what their system allows them to get away with.

For example in the U.S do you know how many people fraudulently get government assistance even though they are well to do? Nigeria is a small boy when it comes to corruption ooo. We are talking numerous prisons to hold millions of white collar criminals

Nigerians are not overly corrupt they are just desperate. Poverty will make you do things that you normally wouldn't do. There is no way you can expect people to not cross an invisible line when they see a better life in front of them, there must be a fence.

You see integrity is not negotiable and honesty is not a luxury but a necessity. These attributes are intrinsic yo true patriotism.

Poverty can also be a state of mind.

Look at the Touareg women you see begging at toad junctions. As beautiful as they are they will never resort to prostitution considering they have come out of abject starvation and famine extreme poverty.

Nigerians pay thousands of ££$$€€ to wilfully and knowingly enslave themselves into slavery to get to Europe. Passing through Niger, Libya and then play lottery with thier lives on death boats to cross the Mediterranean.

Our politicians are the highest paid in the WORLD and we all vote them in no questions asked. Meanwhile look at the shameless contention to pay 30k minimum wage.

The problem is not poverty but GREED and the idea of getting rich quick, wanting to reap without the hard work of sowing.

We have slaughtered our norms and values, righteousness and truth , honour and morality for the quest for I'll gotten wealth. Money by any means possible.

The problem of Nigeria is the multitude of Nigerians who have eyes but cannot see, Like YOU.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:12am On May 27, 2019
safarigirl:

Who is Seyi Ojo? Who is Harry Wilson? Who is Ryan Kent? What clubs have they played against? How did they stand out against them?

Once you hear a Nigerian player's name, you will want to compare him with every flash in the pan player born in Britain.

You always slaughter rational on your emotive alter of prejudice.

First assertion is simplistic, Chukwueze will not start at Liverpool. That means he could go on loan and his current progressive development curtailed.

The comparison is not to the individual but the consistent continous and present culture at Liverpool a world class football club. The players mentioned reflect that trend.

And if you don't know who they are then your lack of knowledge should not be a thing of pride, find out before you talk.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:16am On May 27, 2019
Sportilitica:

While I think Samu is better than those 3, he probably will not get to play and his career might just fizzle out. Shaqiri did not even get enough playing time so I really doubt Samu will. Before people go emotional on the issue, let us all remember that Liverpool has a fixed starting eleven and Samu can not displace anyone there. So where can he go to get playing time? We all saw what happened to Nacho immediately he stopped getting playing time.

Chukwueze may or may not be better buts it's not important. Clubs give preference to home grown talent and if these three players that have shown outstanding promise could not get in.

Why would anybody think Chukwueze will, unless you want to be Fanatical about support for all things Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:24am On May 27, 2019
Barryseal:

In most cases, the prospects get very little playing time. The reason why those young players get loaned out to mid tier clubs then, they are recalled if their development threshold hits the mark, otherwise they are resold for profit.

It also depends on the prospect. Someone like chukwueze might not start immediately but he will get plenty minutes right now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 7:38am On May 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

It also depends on the prospect. Someone like chukwueze might not start immediately but he will get plenty minutes right now.

Baba for the Lies !!! Sole liar of the Iron throne
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:40am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

PSV and FC Red Bull Salzburg are average clubs, abi?

Chukwueze has not achieved quarter of what these have achieved.

I know these players before they joined Liverpool.

So Red Bull Salzburg is a world class club ?

Your own dey your body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:43am On May 27, 2019
Humility017:

yeah he won the under 17 medal...?
did mane and the names you mentioned to be proven world class players prior their signing for Liverpool won any of fifa world cup medals?

Wijnaldum already won FIFA world cup bronze medal, Dutch league, Dutch best players player of the year etc before he joined Liverpool.

Mane already won CaF best 11, Austrain best player, Austrain league, etc before joining Liverpool.

Don't compare them with Samu because they were far ahead of him before they joined Liverpool.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:47am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

So Red Bull Salzburg is a world class club ?

Your own dey your body

Are dey average clubs?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2019
darkelf:

But is he entirely wrong?

Captain or not, you will be lying to say he is not 80% correct. It is .only blind patriotism that will make you insult him. You wet don't fight for Bornu should know better
Walahi I want to reply you but dont have the strength Biko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:50am On May 27, 2019
komekn:

Chukwueze may or may not be better buts it's not important. Clubs give preference to home grown talent and if these three players that have shown outstanding promise could not get in.

Why would anybody think Chukwueze will, unless you want to be Fanatical about support for all things Nigerian.
It is simple, they are not good enough. If you are good, irrespective of how young you are, Klopp will give you the playing time. TAA, Joe Gomez, Robertson and Rhian Brewster are classic examples.

Seyi Ojo, Kent and Wilson were also given chances but they were deemed not good enough hence why they were loaned out. You can argue the case of Wilson who was has been outstanding at Derby but Seyi and Kent have not lived up to the expectation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:51am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Are dey average clubs?

No they are world class like Barcelona Madrid and co

Mtscheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:54am On May 27, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Walahi I want to reply you but dont have the strength Biko.

You don't know what to reply
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Wijnaldum already won FIFA world cup bronze medal, Dutch league, Dutch best players player of the year etc before he joined Liverpool.

Mane already won CaF best 11, Austrain best player, Austrain league, etc before joining Liverpool.

Don't compare them with Samu because they were far ahead of him before they joined Liverpool.
So, what did Robertson, Gomez and Matip win before joining Liverpool? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:56am On May 27, 2019
alekside:
So, what did Robertson, Gomez and Matip win before joining Liverpool? grin

I don't know them. I only told you what I know. So stop changing topic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:57am On May 27, 2019
alekside:
It is simple, they are not good enough. If you are good, irrespective of how young you are, Klopp will give you the playing time. TAA, Joe Gomez, Robertson and Rhian Brewster are classic examples.

Seyi Ojo, Kent and Wilson were also given chances but they were deemed not good enough hence why they were loaned out. You can argue the case of Wilson who was has been outstanding at Derby but Seyi and Kent have not lived up to the expectation.

Who told you they are not good enough?

Only Sheyi Ojo was given chance and he performed. Stop all this ignorant talks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:59am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

I don't know them. I only told you what I know. So stop changing topic.
But you've been trying to prove that a player must have some certain reputation before they can join a world class club like Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:01am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Who told you they are not good enough?

Only Sheyi Ojo was given chance and he performed. Stop all this ignorant talks.
Oga, you are the one talking ignorantly.

I am a full blooded Liverpool fan and I follow some of these players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:02am On May 27, 2019
komekn:

You always slaughter rational on your emotive alter of prejudice.

First assertion is simplistic, Chukwueze will not start at Liverpool. That means he could go on loan and his current progressive development curtailed.

The comparison is not to the individual but the consistent continous and present culture at Liverpool a world class football club. The players mentioned reflect that trend.

And if you don't know who they are then your lack of knowledge should not be a thing of pride, find out before you talk.

Who are they in comparison to Chukwueze? What is their profile?

If you couldn't discern that question, you have no right pontificating about any form of knowledge with your fancy words.

You are the poster child for sentiment and emotive bias, 90% of what you post is ludicrous, because your knowledge is sadly limited to the English top flight. If a player outside England is mentioned, your cluelessness oozes like the stench from a fishwife. I see how you wouldn't understand Chukwueze's worth though.

I do not hold it against you, I only wish you would stick to your limited knowledge with footballers outside England.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:02am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

No they are world class like Barcelona Madrid and co

Mtscheew

You don't know anything. Somebody downgrading Young boys and that Salzburg for FC Midtjylland.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04am On May 27, 2019
alekside:
Oga, you are the one talking ignorantly.

I am a full blooded Liverpool fan and I follow some of these players.

You are surely a ignorant fan because I am equally a Liverpool fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 8:04am On May 27, 2019
alekside:
But you've been trying to prove that a player must have some certain reputation before they can join a world class club like Liverpool.
I know only or matip, he won principal cup in sec school back then in Cameroon....na him score die minute goal self...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:05am On May 27, 2019
alekside:

Where did you read that from? Show me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:10am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

You are surely a ignorant fan because I am equally a Liverpool fan.
You are the ignorant LFC fan grin

If a player is good enough he would be given the chance to play at Liverpool no matter where he's from.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:11am On May 27, 2019
Starboytwo:
I know only or matip, he won principal cup in sec school back then in Cameroon....na him score die minute goal self...
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:14am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

You don't know anything. Somebody downgrading Young boys and that Salzburg for FC Midtjylland.

Lol wetin bring modtyjylland come here ?

Do you wanna involve kayode in this also ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:15am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Where did you read that from? Show me.

forgiveness:

Wijnaldum, Mane and Firmino already made names for themselves with individual laurels before coming to Liverpool. Don't compare.

I knew Wijnaldum when he turned heads in the Dutch league. Due to this he was made Captain of PSV at a very young age and even won Dutch footballer of the year.

Even Mane was the best player in the Austrian league before he came to EPL to continue his performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:20am On May 27, 2019
alekside:
You are the ignorant LFC fan grin

If a player is good enough he would be given the chance to play at Liverpool no matter where he's from.

Can you tell me the development of Sterling?

Don't use Google.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6019) (6020) (6021) (6022) (6023) (6024) (6025) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.