Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666997 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6021) (6022) (6023) (6024) (6025) (6026) (6027) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:13am On May 27, 2019
krattoss:
lol..my motive of posting that was because some people said Nigeria don't have enough amenities and capabilities of hosting the mediocre tournament.

See my broda Nigeria is the riches Country in Africa ,the problem is our leader

No be Egypt wey dey always face crisis ? Thou Egypt is a beautiful and great Country

Nigeria have the capability to host the FIFA World Cup

I beat my chest

South Africa and co and not richer than us ,we all know this ,but corruption don finish us and you know this bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2019
krattoss:
them just dey gang up dey bully one person with name calling and foul languages..

And funny thing is the person been bullied doesn't even notice them nor retaliates yet they keep on pulling his ears..

Na to just side the said person and take on every mutherfucker that says rubbish again..I don't care whose ox is gored angry...

At least am free today

Lol

Forgiveness wey stubborn

Dem go tire o

I don't talk the one wey I fit talk sha

Chuks will have very limited game time at Liverpool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:20am On May 27, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

If Klopp really wants him then what can I say but on paper I wouldn't advice that he goes there. Remember that Mane used to play on the right until Salah came and was even in and out the squad last season. He won't bench them but he could very well play along side them.

Here is my theory. Coutinho has not been replaced yet at Liverpool and Barcelona allegedly want Samu to replace Coutinho in camp nou. So maybe Klopp might be thinking of using him at AMF a position which he actually played a few times in Villarreal.

But I personally would love him to come to Barcelona or stay in Villarreal. EPL is too early for me
Klopp's go to formation is 4-3-3. Samu will be signed to play on the wings.
Klopp also viewed Coutinho as a wide player. I remember reading somewhere he laughed when he heard Barca was paying 100m for Coutinho because he wouldn't fit in a 4-3-3 and couldn't replace iniesta in a 4-4-2.
Epl would be good for him from a financial angle. I'd prefer Liverpool to Barca sha because I know how crazy barca fans can get.

Here's the article I was talking about

Report suggests Jurgen Klopp was amazed that Barcelona were willing to offer €100 million for Coutinho

JACK O'TOOLE

El Pais journalist Diego Torres has reported that Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp was 'amazed' and 'broke into hilarity' when he first heard that Barcelona were going to offer €100 million for former midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

Torres, who wrote The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho, has been covering PSG forward Neymar extensively this season but he has now shifted his attention towards his international teammate Coutinho and his January move from Liverpool to Barcelona.

Torres suggests that Coutinho was never fit enough to operate under Klopp's pressing system of football and that leading goalscorer Mohamed Salah was brought in to compete with the Brazilian while Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino were deemed 'undroppable'.

Torres wrote:

"When the club raised the possibility of signing Mohammed Salah, the coach told the management that he thought it was fine but that the position should be played with Coutinho. Never with Mané or Firmino, whom he judged unquestionable.

"In Liverpool offices were not surprised to see that the leaders embraced as if they had won a title when on 6 January closed the transfer of Coutinho to Barca for 160 million euros, a record after Neymar and Mbappé. Never the sale of the third most expensive soccer player in history meant less sacrifice and more benefit for a major club.

[b]
"Explosive and decisive in short spaces, Coutinho lacked the heart and lungs to perform consistently in the great spaces of the midfield. In the physical tests that simulated situations of the game, after two sprints of 60 meters Coutinho could not recover without remaining half a minute completely stopped. Too much, given the tactical demands. With the emphasis on permanent dynamism, Klopp discarded Coutinho to integrate the midfield in 4-3-3. Even when he placed it as an end, he found that it disengaged in the folds. During several days he tried a 4-2-3-1 to place him behind the point, with a smaller radius of action to avoid suffering. If he played as a second point he could stay off the hook without generating serious imbalances, while the rest of the team was ordered 20 meters back. But the 4-2-3-1, in Klopp's opinion, did not allow the team to occupy the spaces in the most efficient way possible.

"Barça's first offer for Coutinho amounted to 60 million euros, about a year ago. Klopp's reaction was perplexing. He thought that Barcelona had the three attack squares covered with Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

"When they told him that [Josep] Bartomeu would sign [Ousmane] Dembelé to replace Neymar and offer more than 100 million for Coutinho to act as relay for [Andres] Iniesta, his amazement broke into hilarity. According to an employee of the English club, Klopp was blunt: "Coutinho is a fabulous forward but he will never feel comfortable in 4-3-3 as an inside; and much less if he has to play in the post of Iniesta in the 4-4-2 that [Ernesto] Valverde practices in the defensive phase, where the longer runs should be done by the wings. Iniesta is a long distance runner. Coutinho no. "[/b]

When Coutinho eventually sealed his £142 million move to Barcelona, Klopp said that the club did everything within their means to convince the player that remaining part of Liverpool was as attractive as moving to Spain.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

“It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

“Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

“I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

“Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

“The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

“Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

“Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

“I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

“So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:21am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

Agreed ,ox can player as a winger also ,hope you know ?
Yeah of course.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:22am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

No be Egypt wey dey always face crisis ? Thou Egypt is a beautiful and great Country

I beat my chest

South Africa and co and not richer than us ,we all know this ,but corruption don finish us and you know this bro
all these u said are known facts without any iota of reservation.

But my problem is that folks here makes it looks like the AFCON is one gigantic hydra headed Olympics tournament that requires rocket science to host.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2019
krattoss:
all these u said are known facts without any iota of reservation.

But my problem is that folks here makes it looks like the AFCON is one gigantic hydra headed Olympics tournament that requires rocket science to host.

Afcon that poor Gabon and eq guinea can host

Abeg leave matter my broda

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:49am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

I beat my chest

Bros it'll take at least a decade of constant breathtaking improvement for us to be in the conversation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:01am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

Poor based on what index please?

Well, let me just let that slide so as not to derail the thread. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:07am On May 27, 2019
komekn:

You always slaughter rational on your emotive alter of prejudice.

First assertion is simplistic, Chukwueze will not start at Liverpool. That means he could go on loan and his current progressive development curtailed.

The comparison is not to the individual but the consistent continous and present culture at Liverpool a world class football club. The players mentioned reflect that trend.

And if you don't know who they are then your lack of knowledge should not be a thing of pride, find out before you talk.

Marko Grujic is the only player that Klopp has signed and sent on loan.. I've said it several times here, Klopp is very much in charge of transfers at Liverpool and he doesn't sign players he doesn't need..
And if you read my post clearly you would have seen that I mentioned that Chukwueze is being scouted to replace Shaqiri if he leaves.. Shaqiri managed to play 30 games even as a squad player... I don't see why Chukwueze can't get that amount of game time too. Your beloved Solanke wasn't half as good as Chukwueze when Klopp signed him but he still managed to get into the first team and play 27 games, so why won't Chukwueze get that number of games too??

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:12am On May 27, 2019
edi287:

Who were they competing with?? Samu will be competing for a place against Salah and Mane but who incase you've forgotten finished joint top scorers in the league.
It's easy to bring up these names but the level of competition they faced is not anywhere close to what Samu would If he moved to Liverpool atm.

There's something called "Squad depth" bro.. Not every player has to be a starter at a club.. Take a look at Man city squad for the past three seasons. I doubt if they would be this successful if they didn't have a good squad!
If Chukwueze joins Liverpool, he won't displace either of Salah and Mane but he would get plenty game time nevertheless because neither Salah nor Mane can play every minute of every game next season...

Shaqiri was brought as a squad player and he still managed 30 appearance... I don't see why Chukwueze won't get that much game time ..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

tell me you're joking.
at a time eq.guinea was the 2nd richest in Africa and Gabon the 5th...in Africa.
both countries are oil producing nations with less population.

please dont call both nations poor...ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:19am On May 27, 2019
Icon4s:

Poor based on what index please?

Well, let me just let that slide so as not to derail the thread. undecided
So Gabon is a richer country than Nigeria ?

I need yes or no from you ,I don't need long talk

Is Gabon richer than Nigeria ?

Go to this link as of April this year ,Gabon is not among the 20 richest country in Africa ,even poor Zimbabwe Zambia and Sudan of all people is richer than Gabon so what point are you trying to make ?

https://thebusinessalert.com/richest-country-africa/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:22am On May 27, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Walahi I want to reply you but dont have the strength Biko.

Come back oooo. You must have the strength cheesy grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

I beat my chest

I read this morning how $16M was used to purchase mosquito nets...
and I was not given one....
even the first lady was surprised....

so tell me how much will they budget to rehabilitate those stadia...?
probably $18B...

Nigeria is gradually dying...a time will come the so called corrupt leaders will have nothing more to Steal..and they will start to borrow to steal and such subject the country to austerity measures...like what happened to Greece...to the extent they start selling some of their ISLAND.

when you talk here some peeps will say you're praying doom for the country..
soldiers are killed everyday by terrorists..same terrorism that is being fuelled by politicians
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:24am On May 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

Marko Grujic is the only player that Klopp has signed and sent on loan.. I've said it several times here, Klopp is very much in charge of transfers at Liverpool and he doesn't sign players he doesn't need..
And if you read my post clearly you would have seen that I mentioned that Chukwueze is being scouted to replace Shaqiri if he leaves.. Shaqiri managed to play 30 games even as a squad player... I don't see why Chukwueze can't get that amount of game time too. Your beloved Solanke wasn't half as good as Chukwueze when Klopp signed him but he still managed to get into the first team and play 27 games, so why won't Chukwueze get that number of games too??

You have the strength to reply him oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2019
darkelf:

Come back oooo. You must have the strength cheesy grin cheesy
lolz I rather conserve the energy for my rifle. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

Go to this link as of April this year ,Gabon is not among the 20 richest country in Africa ,even poor Zimbabwe Zambia and Sudan of all people is richer than Gabon so what point are you trying to make ?

I wonder where you got that from.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-richest-countries-in-africa.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2019
Currently, Equatorial Guinea is the richest country in Africa, with a per capita income of $34,865.
Mauritius - $21,628.
Gabon - $19,266. ...
Botswana - $18,146. ...
Algeria - $15,000. ...
South Africa - $13,403. ...
Egypt - $12,994. ...
Tunisia - $11,987. ...
Namibia - $11,528. Namibia can be found in Southern Africa. ...

cc: andew444

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

That is why I ask you based on what indices? Do you know on the poverty list Nigeria is worse than Gabon and Equatorial Guinea?
Bro you need to first understand the Economic indices on which a country is regarded as being '' Poor'' or ''Rich''.

Yes GDP is a useful variable but more importantly is per capita Income. Base on the later, Gabon and Equotorial Guinea are among the Richest in Africa.

So going back to your initial post. You cannot refer to them as ''poor Gabon and Equitorial Guinea'' when in the same context u refer to Nigeria as a ''Rich'' country.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:40am On May 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

There's something called "Squad depth" bro.. Not every player has to be a starter at a club.. Take a look at Man city squad for the past three seasons. I doubt if they would be this successful if they didn't have a good squad!
If Chukwueze joins Liverpool, he won't displace either of Salah and Mane but he would get plenty game time nevertheless because neither Salah nor Mane can play every minute of every game next season...

Shaqiri was brought as a squad player and he still managed 30 appearance... I don't see why Chukwueze won't get that much game time ..
I am well aware of that. So why use the likes of Gomez, Matip and Robertson as examples then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:51am On May 27, 2019
Humility017:
Currently, Equatorial Guinea is the richest country in Africa, with a per capita income of $34,865.
Mauritius - $21,628.
Gabon - $19,266. ...
Botswana - $18,146. ...
Algeria - $15,000. ...
South Africa - $13,403. ...
Egypt - $12,994. ...
Tunisia - $11,987. ...
Namibia - $11,528. Namibia can be found in Southern Africa. ...

cc: andew444

The term "rich countries" is rather broad... Riches could be measured via GDP ..GDP per capita, Poverty index, inequality index etc..

As per GDP per capita,Gabon and Eq. Guinea are richer than Nigeria.. As per GDP, Nigeria is the richest country in Africa.. However, having a huge GDP per capita doesn't mean lower poverty or inequality rate neither does having a lesser GDP means high poverty rate...
So to some extent, Gabon and Eq Guinea are richer than Nigeria and at the same time,Nigeria is richer than those two countries.. it is relative..
Even DR Congo with the high rate of poverty and unemployment is considered as very rich cus of the abundance of mineral resources there....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:52am On May 27, 2019
forgiveness:

Has Chukwueze won FiFA world cup medal?
FIFA U17 world cup medal no be world cup medal?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:52am On May 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

My exact thought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:56am On May 27, 2019
edi287:

I am well aware of that. So why use the likes of Gomez, Matip and Robertson as examples then?
I was the one that used them as examples. It was in reply to the man that said a player must have some reputation before he can be signed by Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:56am On May 27, 2019
edi287:

I didn't use them as examples, somebody else did..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:00pm On May 27, 2019
CaptainStephen:
lolz I rather conserve the energy for my rifle. cheesy

Badass. But you've left the place na?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:05pm On May 27, 2019
Icon4s:

That is why I ask you based on what indices? Do you know on the poverty list Nigeria is worse than Gabon and Equatorial Guinea?
Bro you need to first understand the Economic indices on which a country is regarded as being '' Poor'' or ''Rich''.

Yes GDP is a useful variable but more importantly is per capita Income. Base on the later, Gabon and Equotorial Guinea are among the Richest in Africa.

So going back to your initial post. You cannot refer to them as ''poor Gabon and Equitorial Guinea'' when in the same context u refer to Nigeria as a ''Rich'' country.

Hope you know the population in your country ?

Ordinary Lagos alone has more population than so many African countries
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2019
Humility017:

I read this morning how $16M was used to purchase mosquito nets...
and I was not given one....
even the first lady was surprised....

so tell me how much will they budget to rehabilitate those stadia...?
probably $18B...

Nigeria is gradually dying...a time will come the so called corrupt leaders will have nothing more to Steal..and they will start to borrow to steal and such subject the country to austerity measures...like what happened to Greece...to the extent they start selling some of their ISLAND.

when you talk here some peeps will say you're praying doom for the country..
soldiers are killed everyday by terrorists..same terrorism that is being fuelled by politicians

I agree with almost what you said because you made a lot of point

16 million usd for mosquito net ,so you can see how corruption has eaten deep in this nation

I no really get power to talk my brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2019
Humility017:

tell me you're joking.
at a time eq.guinea was the 2nd richest in Africa and Gabon the 5th...in Africa.
both countries are oil producing nations with less population.

please dont call both nations poor...ooo

Wetin dey eq guinea?

There are so poor compared to Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2019
Danielnino00:

The term "rich countries" is rather broad... Riches could be measured via GDP ..GDP per capita, Poverty index, inequality index etc..

As per GDP per capita,Gabon and Eq. Guinea are richer than Nigeria.. As per GDP, Nigeria is the richest country in Africa.. However, having a huge GDP per capita doesn't mean lower poverty or inequality rate neither does having a lesser GDP means high poverty rate...
So to some extent, Gabon and Eq Guinea are richer than Nigeria and at the same time,Nigeria is richer than those two countries.. it is relative..
Even DR Congo with the high rate of poverty and unemployment is considered as very rich cus of the abundance of mineral resources there....

So now, based on what index can one regard, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea as ''Poor Countries''?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:15pm On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

I agree with almost what you said because you made a lot of point

16 million usd for mosquito net ,so you can see how corruption has eaten deep in this nation

I no really get power to talk my brother

if you talk now...they will say you're praying doom for the country....

Nigeria Matter dey weak me...I fear for the future of this country..with the way things are going...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2019
andrew444:

Hope you know the population in your country ?

Ordinary Lagos alone has more population than so many African countries

If at all you want to bring in the issue population that will even negate more wealth Ranking.

You cannot compare the poverty level of a man that earns N100,000/month and has 20 children with all their needs and responsibilities to one that earns N50,000 a month and has only 1 child. The one with N50,000 Salary with one child will live a better life and achieve more in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6021) (6022) (6023) (6024) (6025) (6026) (6027) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.