Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11666269 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6023) (6024) (6025) (6026) (6027) (6028) (6029) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:07pm On May 27, 2019
Make I laugh small, I no fit kill myself

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:11pm On May 27, 2019
sontoly:
If shaqiri leaves, Liverpool needs Samu desperately, Sarah n mane cannot play every game, it's impossible, man city won everything in England because of club depth not just depth but quality players sit weekly on the bench.
Infact to compete next season Liverpool needs quality depth on the bench, let's not forget that they are not champions yet, they are still trophyless, it's basically same thing for the past 3 - 4 yrs.
What do we think caused them to slip 7 points if not fatigue.

The problem is that Chukwueze may not be the ideal first option off the bench when Salah or Mane are unavailable or when Liverpool are chasing a game.

It's just like saying Phil Foden will be the first guy Guardiola subbed in when he's chasing a game.
The stakes are too high to trust young players at these clubs especially with the way the previous season played out.

Arsene Wenger is the only coach in the world who will take such gambles and frankly speaking, this was the reason he didn't win much laurels as he should.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2019
edi287:
Wijnaldum and Mane were at a higher level than Samu is at the moment when they moved to Liverpool(more experienced as well).
Wijnaldum scored 11 league goals as a CM at Newcastle in his first season before moving to Liverpool. This also came after being captain of PSV and scoring 14 league goals from midfield too.
Mane was chased by Manure and Arsenal before he signed for Liverpool. Infact Van Gaal made him his top target that season and did everything in his power to get him.
Samu is super talented with massive massive potential. However, people should remember he'll be up against Mane and Salah if he signs for Liverpool.
All these examples of Gomez, Matip and Robertson makes no sense at all. The caliber of competition they faced is child play compared to what Samu will.
Truth is if Samu moves to Liverpool he won't become a regular until one of Salah or Mane leaves.
Expecting a Robertson and Gomez like breakthrough is a bit crazy.

It seems according to many here you must be a HATER lol grin

We prefer the over hyped lie to the simple truth.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:25pm On May 27, 2019
kellycute:
I don't have time for long talk. I go just useless your destiny with a single incantation. I'm a bini man from orhionmwon local govt. Our witch nor get part 2 go figure am out. I'll just useless your destiny so u better watch your tongue and if u dare quote me, I'll useless your destiny at this very moment. I ain't playing with u.

Laugh won troway me for ground. Wonders!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 27, 2019
kellycute:
I don't have time for long talk. I go just useless your destiny with a single incantation. I'm a bini man from orhionmwon local govt. Our witch nor get part 2 go figure am out. I'll just useless your destiny so u better watch your tongue and if u dare quote me, I'll useless your destiny at this very moment. I ain't playing with u.

you are from Edo too? Wow. Bro, just ignore the Gustav and afrobeard they are one and the same person. Let's discuss football. No need for you to back date him to 12 years ago. If you backdate him will he survive?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:37pm On May 27, 2019
So people now threaten each other with witch craft on this thread and everyone is acting cool.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2019
Mickael2:

You do understand that if Shaqiri leaves there will still be Origi, Lallana, Ox and Sturridge on the bench, all are easily capable of keeping Samu out of the team. Ox has returned from injury, except him to be the first sub in most games especially as he can play 'most everywhere. Then if you are a goal down, will you in your right mind sub in Samu ahead of Origi or even Sterling If Lallana maintains a healthy season, he will fight for the final creative midfield role leaving two core workaholics in the middle.

Bro, Liverpool letting Shaqiri go is because of Ox's return

It's apparent that many 9ja football fans essentially fanatics are so befuddled with thier obsessive support for particular Nigerian players that reasoning has taken a nose dive.

The difference between Manchester city and Liverpool is the squads quality in depth. A team that can render Mahrez to a confirmed bench warmer that's the depth of quality Manchester city has.

Liverpool will buy proven tested outstanding consistent top quality players to give thier squad strength in depth.

Unfortunately Chukwueze a rooky in his first season does not fit the requirements. Great player with a lot of potential but that's all.

The goal posts have changed the bar has been risen. Liverpool need top draw players.

Shaqiri was proven and tested that's why they went for him to plug gaps when needed. Gomez was the most outstanding defender at 18 in league one. Liverpool did not have the same ambitions they have now so Gomez and also Roberts were given time to develop. Time is no longer available because every game counts.

Talk of Solanke is irrelevant. Solanke is an English player given the benefit of the doubt by many and a good business model transaction as opposed to a top quality tested and proven player. That business model worked they sold him for near £20 million.

Chukwueze going to Liverpool will not have the same branding. Add to that the EPL is not La Liga he may not have the TIME to adapt and find his footing. That could cause his development progression to stall.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 5:38pm On May 27, 2019
Truidstar:

you are from Edo too? Wow. Bro, just ignore the Gustav and afrobeard they are one and the same person. Let's discuss football. No need for you to back date him to 12 years ago. If you backdate him will he survive?

Thunder fire you ...speaking the truth is now tantamount to chestpain for you ? I'm gustav25 and stop associating me to the lunatic aforbeer Biko

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 27, 2019
bossto:
pls when is Europa league final?
yesterday embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2019
sontoly:
If shaqiri leaves, Liverpool needs Samu desperately, Sarah n mane cannot play every game, it's impossible, man city won everything in England because of club depth not just depth but quality players sit weekly on the bench.
Infact to compete next season Liverpool needs quality depth on the bench, let's not forget that they are not champions yet, they are still trophyless, it's basically same thing for the past 3 - 4 yrs.
What do we think caused them to slip 7 points if not fatigue.

The bold is DELUSIONAL.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2019
Lineup

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:46pm On May 27, 2019
Oasis007:
Lineup
Not comfortable with that zulkifilu dude.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 27, 2019
The whole championship set up is a scam, first received a trophy second didn't and third did.
Then play offs winner ended up the richest

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:02pm On May 27, 2019
Oasis007:
Lineup

This guy puts J Mohammed that goes anonymous in midfield instead of Ofoborh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2019
darkelf:

Badass. But you've left the place na?
Does it matter ? if you aren't there you would be somewhere else chasing kidnappers and co.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 27, 2019
komekn:

The bold is DELUSIONAL.

Agreed. Chuks is a great prospect but that simply isn't realistic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:07pm On May 27, 2019
Earthquake3:

This guy puts J Mohammed that goes anonymous in midfield instead of Ofoborh
U no wan make coache sell market??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:15pm On May 27, 2019
I'm trying to not regress into anyone's shallow gutters, so, I must skip some posts here for the sake of my sanity. So, if I did not respond to your mention, I did not read it.

Thankfully, Sam isn't going to Liverpool, so, this argument, is useless, in principle.

But Seyi Ojo and the rest of the hit and run footballers, some people like to parade on this thread are not better than him. EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:16pm On May 27, 2019
comodo:

Not comfortable with that zulkifilu dude.
I don't even know what he is doing there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:44pm On May 27, 2019
safarigirl:
I don't even know what he is doing there.
Don't know what d coach is smoking. Zulkifilu & Mohammed the same time. Well I guess he saw what I didn't see in d first game. Those 2 were as anonymous as the P in Psychology.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 6:48pm On May 27, 2019
Barryseal:

The problem is that Chukwueze may not be the ideal first option off the bench when Salah or Mane are unavailable or when Liverpool are chasing a game.

It's just like saying Phil Foden will be the first guy Guardiola subbed in when he's chasing a game.
The stakes are too high to trust young players at these clubs especially with the way the previous season played out.

Arsene Wenger is the only coach in the world who will take such gambles and frankly speaking, this was the reason he didn't win much laurels as he should.

Seems you haven't watched chukwueze, he is the ideal player you need when you are chasing a game. Players that are not afraid of taking on defender. When Iheanacho was at city he was brought and he scored under pelegrini his debut goal which happens to be the winner, against Southampton and Tottenham under Pep he came from the bench and scored also. If this guy could do this for star studded city why won't chuks do same for a Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 6:57pm On May 27, 2019
Mickael2:

You do understand that if Shaqiri leaves there will still be Origi, Lallana, Ox and Sturridge on the bench, all are easily capable of keeping Samu out of the team. Ox has returned from injury, except him to be the first sub in most games especially as he can play 'most everywhere. Then if you are a goal down, will you in your right mind sub in Samu ahead of Origi or even Sterling If Lallana maintains a healthy season, he will fight for the final creative midfield role leaving two core workaholics in the middle.

Bro, Liverpool letting Shaqiri go is because of Ox's return

Origi just came back from loan so he is in form, he will definitely start ahead, Sturbridge has not been in form so he is on a downward trend, Lallana has always been an off and on player he won't be a treat, Ox is yet to pick form and I don't consider him a much treat also.

Liverpool really lack this depth in terms of attack and they need back ups very fast, I don't know much about their academy, but players like milner and Sturridge are closer to their retirement and they need active young talent to fill their shoes as fast as possible, you don't expect Samuel to start firing immediately, he needs to learn firs and adapt, that's why they called it prospect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 7:00pm On May 27, 2019
safarigirl:
I'm trying to not regress into anyone's shallow gutters, so, I must skip some posts here for the sake of my sanity. So, if I did not respond to your mention, I did not read it.

Thankfully, Sam isn't going to Liverpool, so, this argument, is useless, in principle.

But Seyi Ojo and the rest of the hit and run footballers, some people like to parade on this thread are not better than him. EOD

She say hit and run���
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 27, 2019
Recently, the Nigerian Senate passed a new establishment act for the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF), which provides a framework for the domestication of the NFF and FIFA statutes. This Bill also provides an enabling environment to ensure good governance, management in the operations of the NFF and the sustainable development of Football in Nigeria in line with international standards.

Here are 21 benefits and objectives of the Bill:

1. Repeals the NFA Act and establishes the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF)

2. Recognises the NFF as the sole body in charge of football administration, management and regulations in Nigeria in line with its statutes as approved by FIFA.

3. Recognises Football as a national asset and thus entitled to special privileges, concessions and from time to time to receive grants, subventions and or appropriation from Government in furtherance to its objectives and functions and to facilitate the overall development of football in Nigeria and ensure its sustainable growth.

4. Recognises the NFF statutes as drafted and approved by the members as its congress and ratified by FIFA as the supreme law for the Governance of the functioning, organization, administration, and operations of the Federation.

5. Recognises that the NFF statutes may be amended from time to time in accordance with the procedures and processes stipulated in the Statutes. The Federation shall deposit its statutes as may be amended from time to time with the National Assembly and the agency of the Federal Government in charge of sports for information and guidance.

6. Recognises that, the subject of Audit for subsidies, grants and or appropriation received from Government by the Federation, control of legality, public order and safety shall be within the exclusive competence of the Government.

7. Recognises that the Federation and its members shall be self-governed by the Federation and it’s bodies according to its statues and regulations as well as those that are determined by WAFU, CAF, and FIFA.

8. Establishes that the NFF will be constituted, organised and operated as provided in its statutes — mainly as a private sector driven and a self-governing non-profit sports body.

9. All disputes should be resolved as provided in the alternative disputes resolution mechanisms enshrined in the NFF statutes and other football governing bodies FIFA and CAS whose decision is final.

10. Participation in activities of NFF being voluntary, its members and all participants shall be deemed to have undertaken to waive their rights to take internal disputes of the NFF and football matters to ordinary courts of law and resolve all disputes through the alternative dispute resolution mechanisms provided in the Statutes.

11. NFF Congress, Executive Committee and other bodies shall be established, composed and operated in line with the NFF statutes as approved FIFA.

12. In addition to criteria stipulated in NFF statutes, for a person to be member of the NFF Executive Committee, and to guarantee diligent performance in office, he/she must pledge a bank guarantee as an indemnity (to guarantee diligent performance) to cover the period of the mandate in a manner and form as determined by the Congress.

13. Establishes a clear-cut and transparent financial management structure, including requirements for the NFF to publish its annual audited account in a minimum of two national dailies and obligation to keep its accurate Audited accounts for inspection by members, upon approval.

14. Establishes clear-cut processes and conditions on how the government will support the NFF financially, if needed, through grants and/or appropriations to only cover a shortfall between the NFF budgets, based on its activities for the year, and its sponsorship revenues. Thus, the benchmark/target is for NFF to quickly work to ensure it reaches self-funding.

15. Establishes how the Federal Government may support Football by giving the National broadcaster funds to buy media and broadcast rights from NFF and the leagues at commercially viable terms and broadcast the football events through the networks.

16. Establishes a clear-cut process for the Federal Government to confer benefits, concessions, tax rebates to companies sponsoring football.

17. Confers powers on the Federal Government — subject to approval of National Assembly — to issue special regulations, tariffs, and concessions to specific companies, industries, business sectors etc. with the objective of raising funds and or provide the enabling environment for football development (including infrastructure provision and development) as a national asset.

18. Stipulates how the NFF is to organise and operate its general secretariat as provided under its statutes. Also stipulates how personnel and staff will be employed.

19. Establishes the mode of appointment for independent auditors for the NFF as provided in the statutes with the exclusive rights/powers to audit funds or grants given to the NFF.

20. Strengthens domestic football with professional leagues as the driver. Stipulates the requirement for full compliance to the club licensing regulations of the federation as a condition to participate in the competitions organised and managed by the league.

21. Streamlines and enhances transparency in the transfer of Football Players from Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 7:18pm On May 27, 2019
Scenes when Chukwueze doesn't go to Liverpool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:19pm On May 27, 2019
Ukraine could only manage a 1-0 win over Qatar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:26pm On May 27, 2019
iSlayer:
Ukraine could only manage a 1-0 win over Qatar.

They'll get better as the tournament progresses

Remember Saudi Arabia was whitewashed by Russia but Egypt and Uruguay could not beat them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:27pm On May 27, 2019
Lol
fabyom:
Make I laugh small, I no fit kill myself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:28pm On May 27, 2019
Barryseal:
So people now threaten each other with witch craft on this thread and everyone is acting cool.

because u dont av to react to everything

Some things re just meant for laughs,so u sef kan take those threat serious undecided,nawa o na joke na grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 7:44pm On May 27, 2019
USA dey ball o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:46pm On May 27, 2019
USA dey ball us grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:48pm On May 27, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Does it matter ? if you aren't there you would be somewhere else chasing kidnappers and co.

Lol. Thank you for your service captain.

#Respect

(1) (2) (3) ... (6023) (6024) (6025) (6026) (6027) (6028) (6029) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Longneck, 123jamessmith, elyte89, stulp16 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.