Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11722716 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6063) (6064) (6065) (6066) (6067) (6068) (6069) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:46am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Well, the names up there fought the best in the division and stayed at the top years. Klitchko for instance at a point didn't loose for 9years and he fought every where Germany, US, UK.
Joshua have yet to fight the best in the division. No way he can claim to be legend as being played up by the Nigerian and British media.
None of the aforementioned names have glass Jaws like Aj.

AJ has fought better fighters than any other name in the division.

Klitchko was koed multiple times, cold!!
Tyson and Lewis too, out cold

AJ was on his feet when the fight was stopped.

AJ does not have a glass chin.. If you say, he does then the other fighters above also do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:54am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

AJ has fought better fighters than any other name in the division.

Klitchko was koed multiple times, cold!!
Tyson and Lewis too, out cold

AJ was on his feet when the fight was stopped.

AJ does not have a glass chin.. If you say, he does then the other fighters above also do.

It's a known fact in the heavy weight about Ajs glass jaws. Jareld Milner and Tony Parker have made the jibe in the past and this fight have proved them right.

Having glass jaw means a boxer cannot take a hard punch, does not mean he can't get knocked down and Aj was knocked down 3times last night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

It's a known fact in the heavy weight about Ajs glass jaws. Jareld Milner and Tony Parker have made the jibe in the past and this fight have proved them right.

Having glass jaw means a boxer cannot take a hard punch, does not mean he can't get knocked down and Aj was knocked down 3times last night.

Oga, anyone who is cracked in the right spot by a proper heavyweight will go down. I mean anyone.

There is no evidence of a glass jaw. He has only been down once in his career.

He will be fine.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:19am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

AJ got knocked down by Klitchko and picked himself up to dominate him. His jaw was never in question.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Oga, anyone who is cracked in the right spot by a proper heavyweight will go down. I mean anyone.

There is no evidence of a glass jaw. He has only been down once in his career.

He will be fine.

He was beat down 3 times by a fat, pub fighter, it says alot about his basic defense and foot work. This guy was supposed to be in his peak. Klitchko, Tyson and Lenox never went down 3times in their peak.
Bottom line is that Aj believed his hype and paid massively for it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:53am On Jun 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

AJ got knocked down by Klitchko and picked himself up to dominate him. His jaw was never in question.

For an old and retired Klitchko to knock him down , it means he's no rock head. Wlad really hurt Joshua in that fight, this was a bored old man against a prime AJ.

For a man of Ajs size, he's got an chin and he has an average foot movement for elite level heavy weight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:54am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

He was beat down 3 times by a fat, pub fighter, it says alot about his basic defense and foot work. This guy was supposed to be in his peak. Klitchko, Tyson and Lenox never went down 3times in their peak.
Bottom line is that Aj believed his hype and paid massively for it.

Klitschko, Tyson and Lennox were knocked out cold in their primes.. They could not make it back up. They were knocked out by massive underdogs too.

These things happen.. I have followed boxing long enough to know that anyone can be knocked out.

AJ never recovered after the first knock down. He never regained himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:56am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

For an old and retired Klitchko to knock him down , it means he's no rock head. Wlad really hurt Joshua in that fight, this was a bored old man against a prime AJ.

For a man of Ajs size, he's got an chin and he has an average foot movement for elite level heavy weight.

Rubbish, the klitchsko that knocked down AJ fought his best fight in years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Rubbish, the klitchsko that knocked down AJ fought his best fight in years.
How old was he when he fought Joshua?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Klitschko, Tyson and Lennox were knocked out cold in their primes.. They could not make it back up. They were knocked out by massive underdogs too.

These things happen.. I have followed boxing long enough to know that anyone can be knocked out.

The problem is that Joshua haven't proved to the best in this limited era. Maybe you have been reading alot of daily mail and some of the yellow pages of the British press to believe AJ ranks high among the greats when he hasn't proved a thing.
He was hyped up to be better than Mohammed Ali at a point. Psst
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:14am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Klitchko was undefeated in 10yrs. I wonder where and when he was knocked out cold.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Klitchko was undefeated in 10yrs. I wonder where and when he was knocked out cold.

He was Koed by Corrie Sanders and Lemon Brewster..

Cold..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

The problem is that Joshua haven't proved to the best in this limited era. Maybe you have been reading alot of daily mail and some of the yellow pages of the British press to believe AJ ranks high among the greats when he hasn't proved a thing.
He was hyped up to be better than Mohammed Ali at a point. Psst

People used to say the 90s was a limited era but it was one of the best. I followed boxing in that era too.

This era is the beginning of another golden era..

AJ has proved a lot so far. Olympic Champion, unified champion in just 5 years.. Defeating olympic gold medallist in Klitschko and Povetkin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Btw, Corrie Sanders was a fat dude..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

People used to say the 90s was a limited era but it was one of the best. I followed boxing in that era too.

This era is the beginning of another golden era..

AJ has proved a lot so far. Olympic Champion, unified champion in just 5 years.. Defeating olympic gold medallist in Klitschko and Povetkin

The 90s was limited but in comparison with what we have now? It was absolute gold.

You're trying to play up AJ too much. Defeating a 41yr old Klitchko won't rank as proving a thing. Povetkin wouldn't rank as one of the best in the heavy weight division, the guy is looking towards retirement at 39.

The true test for Joshua would be his result against wilder and Fury and his staying power at the top. Klitchko lasted 10years and he fought everyone bar his brother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

The 90s was limited but in comparison with what we have now? It was absolute gold.

You're trying to play up AJ too much. Defeating a 41yr old Klitchko won't rank as proving a thing. Povetkin wouldn't rank as one of the best in the heavy weight division, the guy is looking towards retirement at 39.

The true test for Joshua would be his result against wilder and Fury and his staying power at the top. Klitchko lasted 10years and he fought everyone bar his brother.

Povetkin is definitely one of the best in this era. For sure.. 100%. He has a better resume than most of the fighters now.

His only loss was to klitchsko and klitchsko basically had to cheat to win.

People never recognise that an era is golden under it is gone.

Be patient.. There are more upsets coming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:51am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Povetkin is definitely one of the best in this era. For sure.. 100%. He has a better resume than most of the fighters now.

His only loss was to klitchsko and klitchsko basically had to cheat to win.

People never recognise that an era is golden under it is gone.

Be patient.. There are more upsets coming.
Povetkin was not consistent enough to be one of the best. Anyway, it says alot about this era if you think Povetkin is one of the best. For me, he is just a power puncher, an old has been.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2019
Any player in camp yet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Btw, Corrie Sanders was a fat dude..
Corrie Sanders lost a lot of weight before fighting Wladmir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Povetkin was not consistent enough to be one of the best. Anyway, it says alot about this era if you think Povetkin is one of the best. For me, he is just a power puncher, an old has been.

What do you mean by consistent??

His only loss before AJ was to Klitchsko and klitschko could not knock him out.

In my mind, Povetkin beats Wilder even now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Corrie Sanders lost a lot of weight before fighting Wladmir.

Corrie Sanders weighed his normal weight when he beat wladimir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:57am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

He was Koed by Corrie Sanders and Lemon Brewster..

Cold..
You're quite correct. But there is a catch though. Wlad didn't prepare for the Sanders fight, he underrated him so much that he was virtually on holiday when he stepped up to face him, not exactly the same with Joshua who has been in camp for months preparing before this fight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Corrie Sanders weighed his normal weight when he beat wladimir
I don't think so. He lost a lot of weight and saw a shrink before the fight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

I don't think so. He lost a lot of weight and saw a shrink before the fight.

He was 229 in the fight before klitschko
He was 225 in the klitschko fight.

Around the same ball-park. I believe, i watched the fight live when it happened.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

You're quite correct. But there is a catch though. Wlad didn't prepare for the Sanders fight, he underrated him so much that he was virtually on holiday when he stepped up to face him, not exactly the same with Joshua who has been in camp for months preparing before this fight.

Joshua underrated Ruiz.. He overlooked him and was talking about Wilder and Fury.

Lewis underrated Rahman. He got KOed too.

The surest way to get Koed is to look beyond your opponent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

Joshua underrated Ruiz.. He overlooked him and was talking about Wilder and Fury.

Lewis underrated Rahman. He got KOed too.

The surest way to get Koed is to look beyond your opponent.

Exactly bro

I was going to refer to Lennox vs Rahman in the 90s. A TKO just like what happened yesterdy.

Still doesn't take away the fact that Joshua will correct his errors in the rematch; if they accept a rematch that is
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
darkelf:

Exactly bro

I was going to refer to Lennox vs Rahman in the 90s. A TKO just like what happened yesterdy.

Still doesn't take away the fact that Joshua will correct his errors in the rematch; if they accept a rematch that is

It is a voluntary defense so there is an immediate rematch in the contract.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
Biko, back to football..

Man utd signed a 16 year old Dutch Nigerian

Ehizibue signed with Koln
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Can somebody please rename this group "The Nigerian boxing fans thread" already?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

[b]He was hyped up to be better than Mohammed Ali at a point. [/b]Psst

Even I as an AJ fan know that's just premium bullshit

AJ beat Parker, beat that noisy britih dark dude (forgot his name now)... beat Takam, beat Povetkin who had lost just once before AJ.

Although, he's not half as good as Ali or even 5'11 tyson, he is not overrated. The overrated one is wilder and the only way to prove it is for AJ to defeat wilder by nothing less than a Unanimous decision.

AJ fuccked up with his rookie mistake and allowed all the talk of wilder this....fury that....get into his mindset. This was what the American Media wanted ...for him to be distracted. He didn't focus on this fight and prolly didn't prepare enough for it.

But no qualms, he'll be back as a better fighter and hopefully has learnt from it. I want a rematch so badly on his behalf. Let them set it up in at least 4-5 months
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Can somebody please rename this group "The Nigerian boxing fans thread" already?

We have finished, My apologies..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6063) (6064) (6065) (6066) (6067) (6068) (6069) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tomsniel(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.