Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,072 members, 7,835,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780726 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6064) (6065) (6066) (6067) (6068) (6069) (6070) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Can somebody please rename this group "The Nigerian boxing fans thread" already?

I will

cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

AJ has fought better fighters than any other name in the division.

Klitchko was koed multiple times, cold!!
Tyson and Lewis too, out cold

AJ was on his feet when the fight was stopped.

AJ does not have a glass chin.. If you say, he does then the other fighters above also do.

True that. Glass chin ke... AJ wey I dey follow well.

Amir Khan...now that's a glass chin for you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

Andy boy.

Nwoke'm, how was your night?

Hope you slept well?

grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
Joshua loss so painful cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
LOSC - Mercato: Lille would be the first choice of Victor Osimhen

According to France Football, the LOSC Lille would have a real head start on the competition concerning the nugget Charleroi Victor Osimhen (20 years).

On Friday, the Charleroi club officially lifted the call option for striker Victor Osimhen (formerly Wolfsburg, 20). A decision of the Belgian club to carry out an economic operation since the Nigerian, bought € 3.5 million, will be resold in stride for a much higher amount.

If several courtiers have positioned themselves on the Osimhem file, it is indeed the LOSC, mentioned by the Belgian press for several weeks, which would be on pole. In any case that says France Football that explains that the Dogues are ready to pay around € 10 million for the striker to 20 goals in 36 games in all competitions.

AC Milan had attempted the coup in January

Seen as the new Grandpa and expected as one of the attractions of the next CAN, Victor Osimhen could have even landed in Luchin a few months earlier. According to the website of the weekly, a billiard in three bands was planned for late January with the help of investment fund Elliott, owner of AC Milan. At the time, the Rossoneri had made an offer of € 15 million to attract ... And lend it in stride at LOSC. An idea that the player himself had pushed back, preferring to finish on a full season in Charleroi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
Newly promoted Bundesliga side Union Berlin sign Nigerian striker Suleiman Abdullahi permanently

Gbenga Adewoye

goal.com

The young Nigerian forward has been rewarded for his decent performances for the Iron Ones with a permanent deal

Newly promoted German Bundesliga side Union Berlin have signed Suleiman Abdullahi permanently from Eintracht Braunschweig.

The 22-year-old teamed up with the Kopenick-based side on loan at the start of the season and delivered satisfactory performances.

The forward scored two goals in 19 league appearances to help Urs Fischer’s men gain promotion to the German top-flight.

On the back of the striker’s contribution to the side, the Iron Ones have activated their option to secure his permanent transfer.

In his reaction, Abdullahi is delighted with the opportunity to continue his stay at the Stadion An der Alten Forsterei.

"I'm very happy to continue playing for FC Union Berlin,” Abdullahi told club website.

“It was a good year for me and I'm looking forward to the new season and the Bundesliga,"

The former Nigeria U20 star will be expected to support the Super Eagles in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Three-time Africa champions, Nigeria have been drawn in Group B along with Burundi, Guinea and Madagascar.

Gernot Rohr’ men kick off their campaign in the biennial tournament against the Swallows on June 22.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Newly promoted Bundesliga side Union Berlin sign Nigerian striker Suleiman Abdullahi permanently

Gbenga Adewoye

goal.com

The young Nigerian forward has been rewarded for his decent performances for the Iron Ones with a permanent deal

Newly promoted German Bundesliga side Union Berlin have signed Suleiman Abdullahi permanently from Eintracht Braunschweig.

The 22-year-old teamed up with the Kopenick-based side on loan at the start of the season and delivered satisfactory performances.

The forward scored two goals in 19 league appearances to help Urs Fischer’s men gain promotion to the German top-flight.

On the back of the striker’s contribution to the side, the Iron Ones have activated their option to secure his permanent transfer.

In his reaction, Abdullahi is delighted with the opportunity to continue his stay at the Stadion An der Alten Forsterei.

"I'm very happy to continue playing for FC Union Berlin,” Abdullahi told club website.

“It was a good year for me and I'm looking forward to the new season and the Bundesliga,"

The former Nigeria U20 star will be expected to support the Super Eagles in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Three-time Africa champions, Nigeria have been drawn in Group B along with Burundi, Guinea and Madagascar.

Gernot Rohr’ men kick off their campaign in the biennial tournament against the Swallows on June 22.

Good news, another player to look out for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

He scored just twice in 19 games. For a forward, that's very poor tbh. Nigerian or not Nigerian

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
bossto:
Any player in camp yet?
Yes oo
Me grin
They'd start trooping in from tomorrow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
zimbabwe just qualified for the semi finals of the cosafa cup possibly playing in the final.
we are scheduled to play Zimbabwe on the 8th of June. if Zimbabwe qualifies for the final on the 8th of June. will our match still hold considering the fact that they are playing this competition with their main team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Gbenga Adewoye

goal.com

2 goals in 19 matches it is well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
tbaba1234:

I'm definitely not looking out for this one, awon eeyan Peterside Ijeh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
Iheanacho is one of the first to arrive at camp yesterday grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yak(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2019
What shld I do to this group... I keep getting mention from here while they discuss Aiyegbeni

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
Earthquake2:

Guy is not taking any chances. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
Earthquake2:

E get choice grin grin grin,who suppose come camp first,if not him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
R2bees:
Lille!!.. Game time + CL football.
I called it weeks ago.... Lille Is best option for Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
edi287:
Do you know anything about this guy Tbaba123 Forgiveness

I have heard about him but I don't know anything about him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
jihday:
yh, but the problem is how many good striker will want to come and warm bench?

Coaches should be incharge
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
darkelf:

Lol. Ma you sabi

Even Jesus knows where my heart is

Why can't you guys leave me away from this Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunk pundits arena ? I stay away from here , I get mentions !!! I come here , you guys ban me ....please let me be at peace and atonement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

He was beat down 3 times by a fat, pub fighter, it says alot about his basic defense and foot work. This guy was supposed to be in his peak. Klitchko, Tyson and Lenox never went down 3times in their peak.
Bottom line is that Aj believed his hype and paid massively for it.
His conditioning was piss poor. Notice how easily he gasses out as of late??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
darkelf:

Even I as an AJ fan know that's just premium bullshit

AJ beat Parker, beat that noisy britih dark dude (forgot his name now)... beat Takam, beat Povetkin who had lost just once before AJ.

Although, he's not half as good as Ali or even 5'11 tyson, he is not overrated. The overrated one is wilder and the only way to prove it is for AJ to defeat wilder by nothing less than a Unanimous decision.

AJ fuccked up with his rookie mistake and allowed all the talk of wilder this....fury that....get into his mindset. This was what the American Media wanted ...for him to be distracted. He didn't focus on this fight and prolly didn't prepare enough for it.

But no qualms, he'll be back as a better fighter and hopefully has learnt from it. I want a rematch so badly on his behalf. Let them set it up in at least 4-5 months
He should've never passed out on the Wilder bout.
I can understand why Wilder is pissed. Dude has lost a shot at a big money bout. AJ rejected 50m making up all sorts of excuses just to go lose against Ruiz.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Odunayaw:
Tijani didn't jump to bring down the ball that then led to a foul that lead to the penalty? Why make a fib to drive your point Sir?
I hope you watched same match as i did
the dude is so technically deficient that his height is of no advantage to him
so to you the dude is a wonderful striker Nigeria should look forward to?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by busky007: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
up liverpool.u can watch our celebrations on youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4v3zQj8ZkI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
andrew444:

That is what I was trying to tell them and they know ,they keep on speaking of retired players

I didn't even speak about the Epl ,even the Epl no Nigerian player has scored 20 league goals in a single season wide player or striker or anywhere

All of them just dey call retired player ,yakubu highest goal in a single season is 17 Epl goals ,I don't want to talk about the Epl because it's miles ahead the French league.

I am not even sure if hazard scored 22 goals in a single season for Lille

If we go by Nigerian law, two Nigerians have scored 20 goals in the EPL.

Do you want to know!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
�� Super Eagles (@NGSuperEagles) Tweeted:
Camp ahead of #TotalAFCON2019 officially opens in Asaba today. In camp already are: @mikel_john_obi , @LeonBalogun , Jamilu Collins, @Simon27Moses, @AwaziemC , @SemiAjayi, Samuel Kalu, @etebo_karo , @ogujohnugo , @victorosimhen9 ...#TotalAFCON2019 #SoarSuperEagles #Team9jaStrong https://twitter.com/NGSuperEagles/status/1135212482514030592?s=17

Iheanacho never show ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
Falcons 2 nil up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
Afobear:

Why can't you guys leave me away from this Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunk pundits arena ? I stay away from here , I get mentions !!! I come here , you guys ban me ....please let me be at peace and atonement
afo halubaloo grin grin grin

Adighi ebe ije NWANNE tongue

We die here cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

It's a known fact in the heavy weight about Ajs glass jaws. Jareld Milner and Tony Parker have made the jibe in the past and this fight have proved them right.

Having glass jaw means a boxer cannot take a hard punch, does not mean he can't get knocked down and Aj was knocked down 3times last night.

Just say you never wanted him to be at the top. Nigerian syndrome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund are in search of promising young players in the Premier League and have an eye on England U19 star, Bukayo Saka.

According to Football.London, Saka is drawing interest from Bundesliga clubs including Borussia Dortmund.

The Hale End Academy product became the second youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature in the Premier League when he replaced Alex Iwobi in the 83rd minute of Arsenal's 4-1 rout of Fulham on New Year's Day, aged 17 years, 3 months and 27 days.

Despite his young age, he made four appearances for Arsenal's first team last season, including two in the Europa League and was an unused substitute in the final against Chelsea.

Saka mainly plays for Arsenal U23 team, for whom he scored 5 goals and set up eight others in the Premier League 2 last term.

He signed his first professional contract with Arsenal in September 2018 after his 17th birthday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
andrew444:

That is what I was trying to tell them and they know ,they keep on speaking of retired players

I didn't even speak about the Epl ,even the Epl no Nigerian player has scored 20 league goals in a single season wide player or striker or anywhere

All of them just dey call retired player ,yakubu highest goal in a single season is 17 Epl goals ,I don't want to talk about the Epl because it's miles ahead the French league.

I am not even sure if hazard scored 22 goals in a single season for Lille
Hazard scored 20..less than Pepe.
You're right that if we had him - the hype would be over the roof.
The guy would make our first 11 in his sleep.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Povetkin was not consistent enough to be one of the best. Anyway, it says alot about this era if you think Povetkin is one of the best. For me, he is just a power puncher, an old has been.
Quite funny you know!
Joshua is too nice to be a legend in this era.
At the press conference Joshua was quite disappointing. He was behaving as if the guy is doing him a favour.
As you have said, he has not really fought top class fighters in their prime.
He needs to show more gut for the glory.
It won't be easy for him to recover from this.
I doubt if he would be able to get over this to fight guys like fury and wilder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6064) (6065) (6066) (6067) (6068) (6069) (6070) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), elyte89, damagnificentusb(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.