Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11627397 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6163) (6164) (6165) (6166) (6167) (6168) (6169) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Why did Ukraine still use the same players that played against us in the quarter finals and Semi finals? grin

They played that game with all their might.

Dude sorry but are u having issues with ur sight? From the pictorial evidence u gave, can't u see that the same players that prosecuted their first two matches also played their quarters and Semis? Where as, in their final group game against Nigeria, the numbers 3,9,10,18,19(the bench warmers) were used instead, to give better players a break? U funny oo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:15am On Jun 12, 2019
krattoss:
Esperance Sportive De Tunis have refused to replay the CAF Champions League Final.
" We don't want to play. We won the trophy, we took the medals, we were given a go ahead by the officials and we are champions. For the fact that the VAR wasn't there is not our fault.
It's CAF's duty to make sure that everything is perfect. They found out that the VAR wasn't available before the match started but nothing was said. We are not going to play another Final. If CAF or FIFA has a problem with our final decision, let them play their own Final with the referees and VAR”.

*The last statement can kill someone with laughter*

I love this.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 9:23am On Jun 12, 2019
mostob:
I have gone through some posts here on how our formation may not suited our 2 best wingers Henry and Samuel.
IMO I think we can accommodate both in the same line up even when playing 3 at the back. Both are not defensively solid so this formation might suit them.
.......Uzoho....

Ekong.....Balogun....Omeruo...

.Simon....Ndidi....Iwobi/mikel....Aina

..Samuel. ..Onuachu.....Henry.

I pick Onuachu because of his fondness to drop deep which will allow Henry and Samuel to drift inside. The question now is who can create goalscoring chances most?Mikel/Iwobi.
this formation can only be effective against teams with blunt attack.
I stand to be corrected though

Excellent!

I didn't think of this variant previously. A formation that won Chelsea the league just few seasons back under Conte.

You've brought in a new perspective!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2019
Damn I just found out how much children pay for this academy I know and it is disgraceful. Football should be free. The NFF must come up with an avenue that all Nigerian children who want to play football can do so without paying. Some of the best can't even play. There are so many athletic children being overlooked because they can't afford it. We need school sports bad.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2019
iSlayer:

Excellent!

I didn't think of this variant previously. A formation that won Chelsea the league just few seasons back under Conte.

thanks...if only our coach SHOWS UP for this Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Damn I just found out how much children pay for this academy I know and it is disgraceful. Football should be free. The NFF must come up with an avenue that all Nigerian children who want to play football can do so without paying. Some of the best can't even play. There are so many athletic children being overlooked because they can't afford it. We need school sports bad.
are Arsenal and Chelsea academies free?

An academy is a school, is it not? Why should it be free, when it is owned by private individuals? NFF have not finished controlling the NPFL that they are directly in charge of, you want them to regulate academies

Academies are not free, you can't expect something that could potentially bring fortunes to be free. If you want to help, you can find one of these gifted kids and sponsor them, put them on a scholarship. Start a scholarship fund for gifted street kids.

The owner of the academy still has to pay tax, it isn't their fault that some gifted kids can't afford the place. This is what obtains around the world.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 10:07am On Jun 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

We have bloggers on this thread. Some of them of very high quality and reputation. Let any of them tell us that the Headline of the article is not a big part of the whole message.

There was no relation between the article and the headline. Meanwhile Solace chose that headline for a deliberate reason.

You think it is a mistake? Solace is a very knowledgeable writer. His intentions were clear. You think Ndukka Ugbade did not have clear intention in releasing that message.

Please, people are not stupid. This was clearly crafted and orchestrated like a script. Talking about Iheanacho's character has no role in it. It is about a devious plan laid. Invited Iheanacho, dropped him, Rohr talking that he made up his mind before camping, then played Balogun, then Ugbade, then Solace.

Men, Iheanacho should leave that team for them. Focus on where he is seeing love.

Finito.
You do have a valid point here but you also must not turn a blind eye to d part of these criticisms dat will help d young man’s career if taken positively. Like you opined,he should focus on his club career,his public image will be sorted out naturally once he starts doing well again....peace bro!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2019
Earthquake2:
Is that not Colin Udoh?

Cc Tbaba1234

No it is not colin udoh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2019
safarigirl:
are Arsenal and Chelsea academies free?

An academy is a school, is it not? Why should it be free, when it is owned by private individuals? NFF have not finished controlling the NPFL that they are directly in charge of, you want them to regulate academies

Academies are not free, you can't expect something that could potentially bring fortunes to be free. If you want to help, you can find one of these gifted kids and sponsor them, put them on a scholarship. Start a scholarship fund for gifted street kids.

The owner of the academy still has to pay tax, it isn't their fault that some gifted kids can't afford the place. This is what obtains around the world.

Who doesn't know that academies have bills to pay? I said academies are too expensive (1) and the NFF needs to come up with a way that every child is exposed to football(2). These are 2 different points na.

I just want everyone to have the opportunity to play football that's all.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

For instance, that Solace Chukwu's article was clearly done to generate a negative aura about Iheanacho. It is clearly targeted. They are other things I do not want to talk about. I hope he stays clear.
Pretty sure he won't be missed. cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2019
....... Didn't know there are many Forgiveness on this Thread until Iheanacho Omission from the List?!

Whenever Forgiveness wails..... Tah he's a Tribalist; he wants his Tribesmen in the Squad; we should respect Rohr, coz he's white and knows the best.

....... But to my Surprise, Joe is aligning with Forgiveness' Conspiracy Theories and Allegations?! Well..... I should not be amazed coz this is Nigeria!

So many Entities are gangling up against Iheanacho?! They don't want him to succeed as a Player?! NFF?! Media?! Even Nigerian Football Lovers?!

We need to stop being emotional. We should learn to respect certain Decisions favorable or unfavorable, instead of looking for Loopholes and get confused, lost in the Process.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2019
ChrisKels:

Dude sorry but are u having issues with ur sight? From the pictorial evidence u gave, can't u see that the same players that prosecuted their first two matches also played their quarters and Semis? Where as, in their final group game against Nigeria, the numbers 3,9,10,18,19(the bench warmers) were used instead, to give better players a break? U funny oo grin

Really? Number 9 and 10 are bench warmers? Bhuhahahaha!

Ukraine used their best players against Nigeria.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Huh? If there's no form of payment how'd the Academies thrive? I disagree with that

There could be some form of scholarships or so. School Sport can only do so much. How many schools have knowledgeable Sports masters that'd help the talent?
The best it can do is identify raw talents

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2019
Earthquake2:
Is that not Colin Udoh?
Cc Tbaba1234
nope, he's no more with the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:43am On Jun 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Is shorts on target the prerequisite for dominant in a football game?
Bayern Munich dominated Real Madrid but them chop 4-0, you never hear of controlled football? getting your opponent where you want them to be, where they can't cause you any harm guess that's what Ukraine did
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

We have bloggers on this thread. Some of them of very high quality and reputation. Let any of them tell us that the Headline of the article is not a big part of the whole message.

There was no relation between the article and the headline. Meanwhile Solace chose that headline for a deliberate reason.

You think it is a mistake? Solace is a very knowledgeable writer. His intentions were clear. You think Ndukka Ugbade did not have clear intention in releasing that message.

Please, people are not stupid. This was clearly crafted and orchestrated like a script. Talking about Iheanacho's character has no role in it. It is about a devious plan laid. Invited Iheanacho, dropped him, Rohr talking that he made up his mind before camping, then played Balogun, then Ugbade, then Solace.

Men, Iheanacho should leave that team for them. Focus on where he is seeing love.

Finito.
LMAO, 1 goal in 30 games but he's been cheated isokay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.

I am a blogger, and very close to the media as well, that title is very misleading. It was not Manu Garba that was what was attributed to him in the title. But I think it was a mistake from a careless journalist.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2019
gensteejay:

Pretty sure he won't be missed. cheesy
he's not scored since 2017,I'm sure we won't even notice he should go and sort his form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 12, 2019
iSlayer:

Excellent!

Rohr actually used it several times in the qualifiers or friendlies before the 2018 WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2019
Oasis007:
....... Didn't know there are many Forgiveness on this Thread until Iheanacho Omission from the List?!

Whenever Forgiveness wails..... Tah he's a Tribalist; he wants his Tribesmen in the Squad; we should respect Rohr, coz he's white and knows the best.

....... But to my Surprise, Joe is aligning with Forgiveness' Conspiracy Theories and Allegations?! Well..... I should not be amazed coz this is Nigeria!

So many Entities are gangling up against Iheanacho?! They don't want him to succeed as a Player?! NFF?! Media?! Even Nigerian Football Lovers?!

We need to stop being emotional. We should learn to respect certain Decisions favorable or unfavorable, instead of looking for Loopholes and get confused, lost in the Process.
abi o, forgiveness is even better at least when he advocates for players, he has statistics to back it up and admittedly once the player loose form you won't see him mention the player's name again but somehow someone wants a striker who last scored for us in 2017 to represent us in afcon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2019
jihday:
Bayern Munich dominated Real Madrid but them chop 4-0, you never hear of controlled football? getting your opponent where you want them to be, where they can't cause you any harm guess that's what Ukraine did

And Nigeria vs Spain too in Confeds 2013. Nigeria had a good game (arguably Mikel's best game in SE in my view), but we still chop 3.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Jarus:

I am a blogger, and very close to the media as well, that title is very misleading. It was not Manu Garba that was what was attributed to him in the title. But I think it was a mistake from a careless journalist.
solace was just trying to sensationalize the story, it's what journalist and media houses do

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
Jarus:

the title wasn't a mistake I'm sure as a blogger you are familiar with the term clickbait that's the function the title was meant to serve

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
nelszx:

I feel that game will be behind closed doors for tactical reasons
maybe, but journalists will surely be allowed in so we'll certainly gets updates and match report
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
jihday:
solace was just trying to sensationalize the story, it's what journalist and media houses do

That's wrong even by rule of sensationalizing article. You need to differentiate my quoted statement from my direct statement right from title.

You can still sensationalize with true picture of things.

Something like: "Rohr says Iheanacho does not even call" - Manu Garba.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
jihday:

But Ukraine didn't win the match. Did they?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
chrisooblog:
the title wasn't a mistake I'm sure as a blogger you are familiar with the term clickbait that's the function the title was meant to serve

A professional journalist will not use falsehood as bait. 50 kobo bloggers do.

There are ways to create clickbait without misleading people.

Clickbait is about exaggerating, not falsehood.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
Odunayaw:
Huh? If there's no form of payment how'd the Academies thrive? I disagree with that

There could be some form of scholarships or so. School Sport can only do so much. How many schools have knowledgeable Sports masters that'd help the talent?
The best it can do is identify raw talents

School sports can do way more. The coaches will improve if they knew their jobs depended on it but how will you know you have a good coach when the school plays one match in the whole year? If we bring sports in general back to school and improve our coaches I guarantee that the sky will be our limit. The NFF can organize seminars for school coaches, coaches can even watch videos online to improve themselves, this is primary/secondary school level nobody is expecting a Guardiola

Even outside school we should have more recreational leagues to get the young ones active. Even churches should be playing among themselves. I don't feel comfortable knowing that only kids who can afford to go to academies can play football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Why did Ukraine still use the same players that played against us in the quarter finals and Semi finals? grin

They played that game with all their might.

U just like unnecessary arguement

Your flying eagles are crap ,deal with it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
yes the title of the article was obviously clickbait but other than that I don't buy any conspiracy theory of orchestrated bad Media against KC if anything most Media commentators has been sympathetic to his current state. Yes some of them might have criticized his initial inclusion in the list but none has questioned his Talent or ability when inform

The young man should just dust himself off and work hard I'm sure he will come back stronger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
andrew444:

U just like unnecessary arguement

Your flying eagles are crap ,deal with it

Does it change the fact that Nigeria dominated Ukraine?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6163) (6164) (6165) (6166) (6167) (6168) (6169) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Christology(m), uchenna55, chrisooblog, Tinneh and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.