Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,676 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11800491 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6178) (6179) (6180) (6181) (6182) (6183) (6184) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2019
safarigirl:

If you see up to 3 goals in this game, dem try be that.

You imply that the defenders are poor, hence the goals. Nigerian defenders are very good, so, I am not expecting plenty goals in our net, neither do I expect Senegal to open net for us. So, anybody who expects plenty goals should get ready for disappointment

I agree with you on this. Both sides have good defenders and I don't see either ides as consistently high scoring sides
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2019
andrew444:

Madam it seems you are concerned about the goal he didn't score against mancity ?

So if he scored against mancity he has had a nice season and he will go to afcon abi just because he help Liverpool win the league ?

Either kelechi scored against mancity or not it can't change the fact that he has been bad this season and he doesn't deserve afcon spot ,no need for all this your long talk of not scoring against city ,I can see why you are angry with him it's because of that goal

My naija people I hail una o ,so a goal against mancity will send a player to afcon ? And it will make it a better season by making it 2 goals in 30 games ?

She didn't say that he will surely have gone to AFCON had he scored, she said it could have given him a chance

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2019
elyte89:

Ur analogy of rohr system not favoring nacho to me is so myopic,normally when one expresses his point with gud english sentences, one will sound intelligent grin grin,but na lie...safari gave a point of him scoring 10goals under rohr,den it was favourable,because he's no longer scoring,rohr system is no longer favourable

He has played under 3different managers,pep,puel and now Rodgers...yet to u d system is not offensive enuf

Oga make we hear word,u re not plausible with ur points,it's getting absurd,is he d only player in d team

Its like saying a student who studied in University of Ibadan came out with third class,blaming d system for d failure,he took a new undergraduate course again in anoda african university,still came out with third class,tried another university in europe again,came out with third class again,is it d system u will still blame or d student?

Maybe till when nacho plays in 7different clubs/leagues, he will get d right system undecided

This fact alone kills any argument. How can you play under three different managers and you can't perform well? Then the problem is with the player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:54am On Jun 14, 2019
do4luv14:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Sources reaching me is that NACHO is grossly over age, hence his regressing, and eventually dropped from the Afcon square

oya oga ANDREW444 d age cheat catcher

oga CHRISKEL awon capentary crew

and averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeee bear palour crew

make una come confirm an oo,

cos the sauce dey verrrrryyyy hhhhoooottttt grin

How authentic is the source? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2019
safarigirl:
the Iheanacho worship is too much.

If we are worshipping Iheanacho like this, what would have happened if we had Salah or Mane?

We would have begged Okorocha to erect a statue for them in Imo state and Abuja

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2019
safarigirl:
see human being

This dude had a better season than Kelechi, yet, he didn't even get preliminary invite, what will he do?

Kelechi didn't even deserve to be on the 26-man list, the only person that deserves to be made a constant topic for getting dropped is Ajayi. It is an injustice that we are wasting valuable pages on Kelechi, instead of Semi

His case is quite unfortunate. I really feel for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigomoh: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2019
safarigirl:

It was Onuachu's one goal that blew him into reckoning for AFCON, Idowu's goal against Argentina sent him to World Cup, Uchebo's goal sent him to World Cup, so yes, one goal can send you to AFCON

But like I said, that chance that goodjoe said Kelechi deserved against Zimbabwe, he would have gotten it if he got that goal against City. That goal would have been the memory people have of him, because ir was a decider. The importance of that goal was enough to forgive most of his shitty season.

You underestimate the importance of one goal. Maybe cuz you are attaching it to some other sentimental thoughts
Even Bartholomew Ogbeche's bicycle kick that hit the cross bar against Paraguay took him to Korea/Japan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2019
First of all, I think Rohr already made up his mind to drop Iheanacho long before he released the provisional list. But why he invited him is what I am trying to figure out.

It could be that he knew there would be no much public outcry if Iheanacho is dropped, but outcry if he invites and drops an inform Awoniyi if he eventually performs in that friendly.

There was no way Rohr will invite Awoniyi and not play him without raising suspicion hence the need not to even list him in the provisional list.

However, Rohr should be blamed for inviting a player who did nothing last season ahead of better players in the first place.

He should be blamed for sticking with Iheanacho for too long when it was obvious he was not doing well in the past 3 seasons.

Nevertheless, it's time for Iheanacho to pickup himself from the dust and start working hard to reach for the sky. It's not the end of the world na.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2019
do4luv14:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Sources reaching me is that NACHO is grossly over age, hence his regressing, and eventually dropped from the Afcon square

Which overage? Una just like to tarnish players image once you want to justify your points.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2019
forgiveness:
First of all, I think Rohr already made up his mind to drop Iheanacho long before he released the provisional list. But why he invited him is what I am trying to figure out.

It could be that he knew there would be no much public outcry if Iheanacho is dropped, but outcry if he invites and drops an inform Awoniyi if he eventually performs in that friendly.

There was no way Rohr will invite Awoniyi and not play him without raising suspicion hence the need not to even list him in the provisional list.

However, Rohr should be blamed for inviting a player who did nothing last season ahead of better players in the first place.

He should be blamed for sticking with Iheanacho for too long when it was obvious he was not doing well in the past 3 seasons.

Nevertheless, it's time for Iheanacho to pickup himself from the dust and start working hard to reach for the sky. It's not the end of the world na.

It wouldn't be the first time Rohr invites a player and not play him. Uche Agbo was always invited but hardly got any caps.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
can we move on already instead of focusing on one person who is the neither reincarnation of yekini or eusebio.

seems the friendly with senegal is going to be behind closed doors. guess we will have to rely on trusted journalists who will watch the match.

has anyone watched the mikel interview? really interesting viewing really opened himself up

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
So apparently, the NFF is currently broke..
From what I gathered, the ministry of sport didn't include the expense for the international games Nigeria would be participating in in the 2019 budget. Could have been a deliberate act by Dalung.

If the above is really true then we can hardly blame Pinnick for taking the super eagles games to Asaba for monetary gains...
The NFF really has a lot on its hand this year. U-20 and u-17 AFCON done.. u-20 world cup done... Women world cup ongoing. AFCON coming up. u-17 world cup coming up . u-23 AFCON coming up. Beach world cup coming up....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Super eagles vs Senegal game slated for sunday is said to take place behind closed doors according to the Nff

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You are not getting my point. Look at Balogun. The one game convinced people that his lack of game time did not diminish his quality.

It is not about Rohr’s decision. That was already made. I am talking of preventing a public critic of him making the wrong decision. As it stands, no major cryout. If Nacho had pulled a stunner and Rohr still dropped him, there would have been some noises.

That I think was why Rohr avoided playing Nacho in the friendly.

This is not about dropping Nacho or not. Rohr already made his decision.

The same Nacho that has been poor for a while now, would all of a sudden present a Stellar performance in the friendly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Dalung is one real petty human being. if the super eagles should win the AFCON now they will start falling all over themselves to reward them with cash gifts instead of supporting them when it would have come in handy nonsense
Danielnino00:
From what I gathered, the ministry of sport didn't include the expense for the international games Nigeria would be participating in in the 2019 budget. Could have been a deliberate act by Dalung.

If the above is really true then we can hardly blame Pinnick for taking the super eagles games to Asaba for monetary gains...
The NFF really has a lot on its hand this year. U-20 and u-17 AFCON done.. u-20 world cup done... Women world cup ongoing. AFCON coming up. u-17 world cup coming up . u-23 AFCON coming up. Beach world cup coming up....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
it's wasn't one game that convinced rohr or nigerians of baloun's quality. Leon has almost always been good in the GWG irrespective of club form the day he posts consistently bad performances he will be dropped. on KC suddenly pulling a stunning performance i think it would have been unlikely considering his recent form. i won't say much safarigirl has done justice to KC's matter time to focus on the national team

TheGoodJoe:

You are not getting my point. Look at Balogun. The one game convinced people that his lack of game time did not diminish his quality.

It is not about Rohr’s decision. That was already made. I am talking of preventing a public critic of him making the wrong decision. As it stands, no major cryout. If Nacho had pulled a stunner and Rohr still dropped him, there would have been some noises.

That I think was why Rohr avoided playing Nacho in the friendly.

This is not about dropping Nacho or not. Rohr already made his decision.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FBS: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2019
andrew444:

Didi I need to make sense for you?

Tonzo
try harder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2019
do4luv14:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

When next u want to say something as stupid as this, please eschew my moniker, dude is passing through a rough patch buh that is no reason for u to ridicule and at same time tarnish his image. Whatever he is today, he worked so hard for it, he was rightly Excluded from the Afcon party, so why all these puerile bitching? Dude has taken everything in good fate, so I think he deserves a break.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
Danielnino00:

let's forget about that inconsequential ruins call dalung, but are the NFF not being paid for participating in all this competitions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
do4luv14:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Your source is false.

Iheanacho is not grossly overaged. He came through the under 13 and 15 program. His regression has nothing to do with age.

This is kelechi in 2010. 3 year before under 17

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olu98: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
edi287:

I don't remember saying it was a joke.

Are you implying Osimhen is as important as Mikel and Ndidi? Now THAT would be a great joke.
all am saying is that victor osihmen can't be dropped based on current form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2019
I hope you people are not seeing Iheanacho with the mind of U17 display?...he needs to keep working....the transition from u17 to u20 to u23 to Senior national team is a treacherous and amazing journey...only the gifted,opportune and hard worker make it...

Money...women...wine...can derail many a player...

Iheanacho is gifted,opportune but he is not working hard

When you see Osimhen and Chukwueze play..you see players who work hard...its like Iheanacho waits for the ball to come to him...then with his one legged...and running like a pregnant woman...of recent...Chukwueze has started shooting with his right...before,. it was not like that.

By the way...Amuneke s children has surpassed Manu Garba s children. Manu s children are still toiling...BAR iHEANACHO WHO WENT TO THE WORLD CUP.... while Amuneke s own are already in the AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
Barryseal:

It wouldn't be the first time Rohr invites a player and not play him. Uche Agbo was always invited but hardly got any caps.

Most of which never deserved to be called in the first place.

Besides, he gives inform strikers and wingers game time save Kayode.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
jieta:
let's forget about that inconsequential ruins call dalung, but are the NFF not being paid for participating in all this competitions.

I doubt if the money they were paid for participating in the u-17 and u-20 afcon plus the u-20 world cup is up to $3m given where they finished...

But then if u subtract the money used to prepare the teams for the tournaments, camp allowance, winning bonus,coaches salaries, etc how much would be left?

The NFF aren't really clean but still it's pathetic for the ministry of sport to ignore them like that..
Ghana budgeted $12m(or $15m) for AFCON preparation!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2019
forgiveness:

Most of which never deserved to be called in the first place.
Besides, he gives inform strikers and wingers game time save Kayode.
Kayode again!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
Japan -4 vs Nigeria-1

U-16 invitational tourney...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
Ekong's new look.. Safarigirl come and see fine guy grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
Danielnino00:
Ekong's new look..
Safarigirl come and see fine guy grin
sometimes, he reminds me of VVD cheesy...shey na Netherlands dem be together?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
gamaliel9:
I hope you people are not seeing Iheanacho with the mind of U17 display?...he needs to keep working....the transition from u17 to u20 to u23 to Senior national team is a treacherous and amazing journey...only the gifted,opportune and hard worker make it...

Money...women...wine...can derail many a player...

Iheanacho is gifted,opportune but he is not working hard

When you see Osimhen and Chukwueze play..you see players who work hard...its like Iheanacho waits for the ball to come to him...then with his one legged...and running like a pregnant woman...of recent...Chukwueze has started shooting with his right...before,. it was not like that.

By the way...Amuneke s children has surpassed Manu Garba s children. Manu s children are still toiling...BAR iHEANACHO WHO WENT TO THE WORLD CUP.... while Amuneke s own are already in the AFCON

They have two players each. Ndidi and Uzoho for Manu while Chukwueze and Osimhen for Amunike

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
Super Eagles dropped to 45th in the world and third in Africa according to FIFA ranking!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Uncertainties surrounding his full fitness level before the AFCON. which is why Rohr didn't drop any of the other 2 CFs.

Exactly, the medics are just trying to take Precautions for any possible relapse. He's good now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
safarigirl:
sometimes, he reminds me of VVD cheesy...shey na Netherlands dem be together?

What's VVD? I hope it's not the medical term? grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6178) (6179) (6180) (6181) (6182) (6183) (6184) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), freesinzu(m), Philosopher1979 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.