Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11610346 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) (6220) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2019
More Facts emerging.

Remember the nauseating commentator on the game yesterday?!
He's South African. undecided

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 18, 2019
Icon4s:
This new FIFA penalty and Goalkeeper's line rule, if dem introduce am to the NPFL na ambulance go dey carry referees comot for stadium. grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2019
iSlayer:

This is too elaborate for a spot kick.

Again, the penalty taker doesn't react to movements by the keeper. The penalty taker picks his spot and smashes it in that direction. if the kick is off target that is up to the taker not the Goalkeeper so I don't agree with your position.

Naturally the gk reacts to the movement of the ball during a spotkick, if the player misses or not the fact is that you are interfering with the play, the fact that you are attempting to block the ball is naturally an interference and when you are interferring illegally(by stepping off your line) then it is a foul. Even if the player had scored, it would have still been retaken, so nobody can argue with the ref ordering a replay of the penalty, it is what it should be.

The core matter is that french players were in the box for the second penalty, they should have retaken that one too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

I do not think both incidents were remotely close

in the final, Sissoko was pointing to whoever that was and IMHO, Mane sighted his extended arm and struck it, smart play from Mane but Sissoko's hand should not be there, it gives a whole new meaning to 'unnatural position'. I can't remember the ball hitting his body before his arm, it went from Mane's boot to his arm, penalty anyday.

In Rojo's instance, he was alone and he jumped with his arm in a position that allows to stability in midair, his arm by the way is barely inches away from his head and wasn't exactly above his head, so when he headed the ball it was impossible to get his arm out of the way, however that may have still been a penalty(some refs may have given it) but recall that the ball then kindly dropped for Ighalo in a position better than a pk, advantage played and he missed, that's that. So two reasons why the PK was not given:
1) It was not a clear offence and in that case the benefit goes to the offending player.
2) we had an even better advantage

The ball struck Sissoko's body before his arm. No way was that a penalty and the referee should have gone to the VAR screen to confirm.

Former Liverpool striker Dean Saunders insists the Reds should NOT have been awarded a penalty in the first minute of the Champions League final against Tottenham.

“Obviously I don’t want to take anything away from Liverpool, I wanted them to win the game, but I can’t believe anybody thinks it was a penalty.

“For a start, ‘an unnatural position of your arm’, this law, they’ve got to bin it.

“You use your arms in a natural position to do different things when you’re defending.

“Sissoko is pointing to Tripper and I can actually tell you what’s come out of his mouth from the way he was pointing, he’s saying, show him down the line.

“He’s using his arms as a way of doing that – that’s the way you communicate sometimes as footballers.

“He’s put his arm up in the box to point at Trippier, so his arm is in a natural position to do that.

“Number two, the ball hasn’t even hit his arm! It’s hit his chest and rolled onto his arm – so how is that a penalty?

“Unless you’ve got blind loyalty, I don’t think any Liverpool fan if they were a neutral on a Sunday morning would say that’s a penalty.

“That was never a penalty.”

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

in the final, Sissoko was pointing to whoever that was and IMHO, Mane sighted his extended arm and struck it, smart play from Mane but Sissoko's hand should not be there, it gives a whole new meaning to 'unnatural position'. I can't remember the ball hitting his body before his arm, it went from Mane's boot to his arm, penalty anyday.

In Rojo's instance, he was alone and he jumped with his arm in a position that allows to stability in midair, his arm by the way is barely inches away from his head and wasn't exactly above his head, so when he headed the ball it was impossible to get his arm out of the way, however that may have still been a penalty(some refs may have given it) but recall that the ball then kindly dropped for Ighalo in a position better than a pk, advantage played and he missed, that's that. So two reasons why the PK was not given:
1) It was not a clear offence and in that case the benefit goes to the offending player.

Not a penalty but I did not feel pity for Tottenham because of the way they celebrated UEFA using VAR to Rob Manchester City out of the Champions league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

Naturally the gk reacts to the movement of the ball during a spotkick, if the player misses or not the fact is that you are interfering with the play, the fact that you are attempting to block the ball is naturally an interference and when you are interferring illegally(by stepping off your line) then it is a foul. Even if the player had scored, it would have still been retaken, so nobody can argue with the ref ordering a replay of the penalty, it is what it should be.

The core matter is that french players were in the box for the second penalty, they should have retaken that one too.

Yes I think you are correct, the 2nd penalty should have been retaken as well cos like you said the other players were encroaching in the box. But those things happen in football, VAR came to our rescue at the U20 WC twice. VAR helped us avoid a draw with the South Koreans, no way a human eye would have disallowed the South Korean goal as offside. Sometimes you win and other times you lose unfairly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
iSlayer:

This is too elaborate for a spot kick.

Again, the penalty taker doesn't react to movements by the keeper. The penalty taker picks his spot and smashes it in that direction. if the kick is off target that is up to the taker not the Goalkeeper so I don't agree with your position.

You can't say that in absolute terms. If I pick a spot and nano moments before I play the ball, the keeper is flying to where I picked, you think I won't react by smashing it harder or higher or altogether choosing the other side though that is more difficult. If I see a keeper leaving his line and covering more angle, I can definitely adjust my angle, speed or direction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Not a penalty but I did not feel pity for Tottenham because of the way they celebrated UEFA using VAR to Rob Manchester City out of the Champions league.

Agreed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

The GK does not react to the movement of any ball. The GK throws himself in a chosen direction and expertly spreads his limbs for the best advantage. If lucky any part of his body keeps it out. If the GK reacts to the movement of the ball how come the best Gks dive the wrong way? They were reacting to a ghost ball or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Kanu looks quite shaper and more skillful than Oparanozie. But what Oparanozie has going for her is her overall involvement in play. Asides, being the CF forward she sometimes drifts wide and interchanges with Oshoala(who also goes central some times).

My concern now is if we have a credible replacement for Rita Chikwelu. That woman has monopolized that CM position for like 10 years now grin and she always plays 90mins of every game. So I don't know if they have developed any player to fill that position in her absence.
The gaffer can tweak his formation if we don't have like to like replacement. But definitely, the team will miss her. She is what we call heavy duty engine. Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
rabzy:

You can't say that in absolute terms. If I pick a spot and nano moments before I play the ball, the keeper is flying to where I picked, you think I won't react by smashing it harder or higher or altogether choosing the other side though that is more difficult. If I see a keeper leaving his line and covering more angle, I can definitely adjust my angle, speed or direction

Okay. I now get. I had to reread the new rules again. Your interpretation is correct. The rules make sure the keeper stays put before the kick and I support that wholly. The GK should not steal a few yards from the taker, I stated as much yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

The key argument i hear the referee had was if Rojo could have deliberately headed the ball onto his hand. The answer to that in his view was no. That is not to say for certain that Rojo did not TRY to do just that and luckily pulled it off (low percentage chance i agree).

The argument of whether his hand was in a natural position as normally quoted in these situations is a non starter. The natural position of our arms are beside our torso. Any other position is not 'natural' but as a result of our conscious actions. Rojo's hand ...just like Sissoko's were not in the 'natural' position and the argument could also be made that ball ricocheted off Sissokos chest onto his upper arm, like you described "his arm by the way is barely inches away" from his chest! grin

You say Ighalo was in a better position than if he had a Penalty? Nah i disagree totally with that, he had to take snapshot under pressure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The ball struck Sissoko's body before his arm. No way was that a penalty and the referee should have gone to the VAR screen to confirm.

Former Liverpool striker Dean Saunders insists the Reds should NOT have been awarded a penalty in the first minute of the Champions League final against Tottenham.

“Obviously I don’t want to take anything away from Liverpool, I wanted them to win the game, but I can’t believe anybody thinks it was a penalty.

“For a start, ‘an unnatural position of your arm’, this law, they’ve got to bin it.

“You use your arms in a natural position to do different things when you’re defending.

“Sissoko is pointing to Tripper and I can actually tell you what’s come out of his mouth from the way he was pointing, he’s saying, show him down the line.

“He’s using his arms as a way of doing that – that’s the way you communicate sometimes as footballers.

“He’s put his arm up in the box to point at Trippier, so his arm is in a natural position to do that.

“Number two, the ball hasn’t even hit his arm! It’s hit his chest and rolled onto his arm – so how is that a penalty?

“Unless you’ve got blind loyalty, I don’t think any Liverpool fan if they were a neutral on a Sunday morning would say that’s a penalty.

“That was never a penalty.”

You see the guy is saying we should bin the most important part.

Is it outrightly naturally to communicate with your hands? Why then can you talk? The argument that it hit his body then his arm is for another day(although I agree I erroneously thought it hit his arm directly) but the main thing that will affect the ref's decision is the fact that you can't go about pointing in your box when the opponent has the ball.

For penalties the first and foremost consideration is if his hands are in a natural position, in Sissoko's case no they weren't, you aren't selling part of the field to an investor so why are you pointing? In Rojo's case he was in mid-air, his arms in that position would be for balance, your arms can't be beside you in the air, you need to be balanced. Now Rojo's case is confusing, while the ref was still trying to make it out the ball fell to Ighalo and the advantage was played Ighalo missed and then started pointing at his hand, a classical case of trying to eat your cake then have it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
elyte89:

Forget whether d coach was poor or not,...let's appt d girls,dem try

A Nigerian coach would av been defeated by 3-nil tonight, d defence organization was top notch,even with a man/woman down,dey still held deir own defensively, aside d penalty and d rare miss from sommer,it took France 65th minute on pitch to av d first shot on target...look @ d positives bro and move on

Meanwhile if we get to qualify to d next round,I think d coach has done a good job...thumbs up cool

Who hacked ur account ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
wayodude:

The key argument i hear the referee had was if Rojo could have deliberately headed the ball onto his hand. The answer to that in his view was no. That is not to say for certain that Rojo did not TRY to do just that and luckily pulled it off (low percentage chance i agree).

The argument of whether his hand was in a natural position as normally quoted in these situations is a non starter. The natural position of our arms are beside our torso. Any other position is not 'natural' but as a result of our conscious actions. Rojo's hand ...just like Sissoko's were not in the 'natural' position and the argument could also be made that ball ricocheted off Sissokos chest onto his upper arm, like you described "his arm by the way is barely inches away" from his chest! grin

You say Ighalo was in a better position than if he had a Penalty? Nah i disagree totally with that, he had to take snapshot under pressure.

Ok so what is a natural position? The 'hand beside the torso' is only applicable when you are in a suppine position, when you are running your arms can never be in that position and when you are jumping your arms can never be in that position as well for balance purposes. Sissoko was standing which I can grade as a suppine position so in that case the natural position of his arm was supposed to be by his torso, these are two different cases, Sissoko was standing while Rojo was jumping, the natural position of the arm in both cases is, IMHO, different.

Then again, Sissoko's handball gave his team an advantage from a possession standpoint, Rojo's handball actually put his team in a disadvantageous postion because no one was contesting for the ball with him so it can be argued that he was in control of the ball then he handled it and it landed at Ighalo's feet(maybe someone can send us a video linkl so you'd know how good a chance it was) creating an advantage for the opposing team. I believe one of the handball rules states that if you arm is in an unnatural position and is used to create an unfair advantage then it is a foul. There are many reasons why Rojo's case was way different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
Taliban:

Yes I think you are correct, the 2nd penalty should have been retaken as well cos like you said the other players were encroaching in the box. But those things happen in football, VAR came to our rescue at the U20 WC twice. VAR helped us avoid a draw with the South Koreans, no way a human eye would have disallowed the South Korean goal as offside. Sometimes you win and other times you lose unfairly

Me I have moved on, well maybe not exactly because I am still praying for a Scottish win by a draw and Cameroon winning 1-0.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

Who hacked ur account ??

Na u wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

Is it outrightly naturally to communicate with your hands? Why then can you talk? The argument that it hit his body then his arm is for another day(although I agree I erroneously thought it hit his arm directly) but the main thing that will affect the ref's decision is the fact that you can't go about pointing in your box when the opponent has the ball.

For penalties the first and foremost consideration is if his hands are in a natural position, in Sissoko's case no they weren't, you aren't selling part of the field to an investor so why are you pointing? In Rojo's case he was in mid-air, his arms in that position would be for balance, your arms can't be beside you in the air, you need to be balanced. Now Rojo's case is confusing, while the ref was still trying to make it out the ball fell to Ighalo and the advantage was played Ighalo missed and then started pointing at his hand, a classical case of trying to eat your cake then have it

My point is not about whether his hands should be in that position or not. The main fact is that if the referee has gone to the screen and watched the replay, he would have seen that the ball did not hit his hand directly.

That is the main debate. Did the ball hit his hand directly? No. That means no penalty. The people behind the VAR screens knew it was not a penalty but chose to not call it and the referee despite pleas from the manager and Tottenham players refused to go to the screen. Clear case or corruption with the VAR but Tottenham celebrated such corrupt act against Manchester City and in no way gain my sympathy.

What is most disappointing to me was Dwight Yorke in the Supersport studio complaining that the referee should have gone to the VAR screen but refused and Joseph Yobo did his best to justify such a call. I was so pissed off at Yobo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

That your comment about selling land cracked me up grin. There will never be a perfect system, there will always be those little incidences that will cause controversies. Goal line tech for me has been a winner, very clear cut and no subjective judgement required. VAR is not all evil but the truth is some level of judgement is still required. Perhaps VAR should be thrown out and then we just accept the first decisions made by the refs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

Me I have moved on, well maybe not exactly because I am still praying for a Scottish win by a draw and Cameroon winning 1-0.

Cameron can't possibly defeat new Zealand by more than a goal margin. Those new Zealand girls can defend for their lives, so we have hope their.
I just hope Scotland and Argentina play a draw. We shall see, our undoing is our loss against Norway when we didn't stop the bleeding but went gung-ho. But in all, I am proud of the girls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
krattoss:
u mean like this grin

Abegi kooomot for here my friend, you are not my friend, my friend gringringrin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
Taliban:

That your comment about selling land cracked me up grin. There will never be a perfect system, there will always be those little incidences that will cause controversies. Goal line tech for me has been a winner, very clear cut and no subjective judgement required. VAR is not all evil but the truth is some level of judgement is still required. Perhaps VAR should be thrown out and then we just accept the first decisions made by the refs.

VAR should stay. It is the best thing to happen to football. Just that those behind it are using it for corrupt means. Get high grade monitoring of VAR and it will shine.

There should be a referee in the VAR room that reviews contentious calls from all angles and relates it to the referee. The angles that show clearly the incident should be displayed on the screen and to the viewers at home. The referee should review calls he is not comfortable with.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Mickael2:

Ok so what is a natural position? The 'hand beside the torso' is only applicable when you are in a suppine position, when you are running your arms can never be in that position and when you are jumping your arms can never be in that position as well for balance purposes. Sissoko was standing which I can grade as a suppine position so in that case the natural position of his arm was supposed to be by his torso, these are two different cases, Sissoko was standing while Rojo was jumping, the natural position of the arm in both cases is, IMHO, different.

Then again, Sissoko's handball gave his team an advantage from a possession standpoint, Rojo's handball actually put his team in a disadvantageous postion because no one was contesting for the ball with him so it can be argued that he was in control of the ball then he handled it and it landed at Ighalo's feet(maybe someone can send us a video linkl so you'd know how good a chance it was) creating an advantage for the opposing team. I believe one of the handball rules states that if you arm is in an unnatural position and is used to create an unfair advantage then it is a foul. There are many reasons why Rojo's case was way different

Rojo's case is not a penalty because he nodded the ball to his hand. If it was a Nigerian player that nodded the ball, it is a penalty all day long. But, in this case, it was Rojo who nodded it. No penalty.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Burundi will unsurprisingly look difficult to breakdown from their pre AFCON results i've seen so far. sharpness and effective use of the wings will be key.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
VAR as a concept is very welcome but as long as biased humans are still behind the system making the calls it will generate controversy all the time. like the mancity example you rightly noted why was the angle showing lorente handballing omitted? or yesterday why was the angle showing the french players encroaching on goal during the retaken pen not shown? still a lot of opacity about the system

TheGoodJoe:

VAR should stay. It is the best thing to happen to football. Just that those behind it are using it for corrupt means. Get high grade monitoring of VAR and it will shine.

There should be a referee in the VAR room that reviews contentious calls from all angles and relates it to the referee. The angles that show clearly the incident should be displayed o. The screen and to the viewers at home. The referee should review calls he is not comfortable with.

Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bedfordking: 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
VAR is here to help referee it will not always be 100%
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ObaOni(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hoodedjaystrim(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Can anyone help me with Tunisia Afcon squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ObaOni(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Five things Noticed after the game with Senegal

1. Akpeyi Clears Doubts Over His Readiness – One area where many Nigerians have concern about is the goalkeeper department of the senior national team of Nigeria, however in the game against Senegal, recently crowned first choice Daniel Akpeyi covered himself in glory. He was by far the reason why Nigeria conceded just once after a shaky start to the game.

2. Jamilu Collins Is Not A Wingback – The decision of coach Gernot Rohr to play the Paderborn left full back as a wingback didn’t work and despite Collins starting his career as a winger. He struggled to provide the width required of wingbacks as he tucked into the middle more often instead of staying wide.

3. Eagles Defence Without Balogun Is A Mess – Leon Balogun was missing due to illness and in his place coach Gernot Rohr played John Ogu as the third in a three man central defence. His absence was noticed as the back line lacked organization particularly in the opening exchanges and the goal conceded by Nigeria came from a mix up.

4. Wilfred Ndidi Is Super Eagles Most Important Player – Even though captain John Obi Mikel pulled the strings in midfield brilliantly, Ndidi was by far the most influential in the game as he covered almost every area on the pitch. Didn’t look lost in the duels and moved the ball around confidently.

5. Ahmed Musa’s Absence Showed – In the second half when the Super Eagles had load of possession and also created chances, the fact that Musa was missing affected their style of attack as his pace would have further stretched the defence of the Senegalese for the others in attack to profit from.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
ObaOni:
Five things Noticed after the game with Senegal

1. Akpeyi Clears Doubts Over His Readiness – One area where many Nigerians have concern about is the goalkeeper department of the senior national team of Nigeria, however in the game against Senegal, recently crowned first choice Daniel Akpeyi covered himself in glory. He was by far the reason why Nigeria conceded just once after a shaky start to the game.

2. Jamilu Collins Is Not A Wingback – The decision of coach Gernot Rohr to play the Paderborn left full back as a wingback didn’t work and despite Collins starting his career as a winger. He struggled to provide the width required of wingbacks as he tucked into the middle more often instead of staying wide.

3. Eagles Defence Without Balogun Is A Mess – Leon Balogun was missing due to illness and in his place coach Gernot Rohr played John Ogu as the third in a three man central defence. His absence was noticed as the back line lacked organization particularly in the opening exchanges and the goal conceded by Nigeria came from a mix up.

4. Wilfred Ndidi Is Super Eagles Most Important Player – Even though captain John Obi Mikel pulled the strings in midfield brilliantly, Ndidi was by far the most influential in the game as he covered almost every area on the pitch. Didn’t look lost in the duels and moved the ball around confidently.

5. Ahmed Musa’s Absence Showed – In the second half when the Super Eagles had load of possession and also created chances, the fact that Musa was missing affected their style of attack as his pace would have further stretched the defence of the Senegalese for the others in attack to profit from.

What this showed was that Senegal dominated us

(1) (2) (3) ... (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) (6218) (6219) (6220) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Moniter0, TheGoodJoe(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.