Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11738089 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16123) (16124) (16125) (16126) (16127) (16128) (16129) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:09pm On Apr 28
Francis Uzoho keeps another cleansheet for Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus. His 5th cleansheet in his last 6 games in league and Cup competitions and it came against his former side and league title contenders, Apoel.

Omonia Nicosia 1-0 Apoel Nicosia

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28
Nwamazi8:
Lookman is having a better season than Osimhen, top player
in serie a with goals and assists combined? No. All comps with goals and assists combined? Still no.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:12pm On Apr 28
komekn:

My question ❓ is concise and specific to avoid the rantings of a FANATICAL devoid of objectivity emotive prejudiced person like you.

So before you start with nonsensical propositions self birthed from your limited understanding. Please stick within the scope of the question ❓

Be specific stop 🛑 acting like a politician answer the question specifically.
Simple and short. The best play for the big clubs. Abi u wan change the goal post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28
Amedino99:
I can remember last week Monday when all the news sites were saying by now we would have a new coach. Nigeria Sha.

U mean we still don't have a coach named yet? Na sabotage loading currently. Whoever taking that job now should just bear in mind that he is being properly set up to fail. And will also take the fall for non qualification for the world cup should that be the case.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:17pm On Apr 28
kennysville:

U mean we still don't have a coach named yet? Na sabotage loading currently. Whoever taking that job now should just bear in mind that he is being properly set up to fail. And will also take the fall for non qualification for the world cup should that be the case.
It's always the norm whenever they want to appoint a local coach. Next they will move the game to Kano. Match time 2pm. Witchcraft I don't envy whoever will mount the saddle. He has a mountain to climb through a very bad terrain. It's a pity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28
kennysville:

only if the new coach is not named jpes or finidi. If any of them is named it's just business as usual. It's just funny that a little over a month to go, we don't have a coach yet. And the players are already supposed to be sent notice 3 weeks before the match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:27pm On Apr 28
Amedino99:
only if the new coach is not named jpes or finidi. If any of them is named it's just business as usual. It's just funny that a little over a month to go, we don't have a coach yet. And the players are already supposed to be sent notice 3 weeks before the match.
Someone in Nff will compile list of players without the coach input and ask the coach to work with the players. Why do easy things so difficult to do here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:02pm On Apr 28
Osimhen is an Enigma! No one comes close! What a player!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:03pm On Apr 28
Ademola makes scoring look so easy! What a player!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On Apr 28
First 300 PL games and the only manager to have entered the 200+ wins zone in 300 PL games. Beastly.

Cc TheGoodJoe...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 10:30pm On Apr 28
I just realized Osimhen had 11 shots in the Roma game, that's a crazy stat, was the Roma GK that good or were his shots misplaced?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:31pm On Apr 28
uchenna55:

He just asked u simple question, and u did not answer but chose to evade it with a question.
similar to what u were complaining about.

Do u think u r smart and others dumb?

As a man thinketh so he is, I am sorry if l make you feel dumb, not intended.

The question was leading in the negative and my response questions his negative implied assumption.

I
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:49pm On Apr 28
Cyriel Dessers scored his 20th goal of the season today. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's currently the only Nigerian player in Europe who's scored up to 20 goals this season.

He now has an impressive number of almost 30 goal contributions for the season(currently at 28).

Impeccable season, impeccable player. 😎

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:00am On Apr 29
comodo:

Simple and short. The best play for the big clubs. Abi u wan change the goal post.

It's not so simplistic the EPL is the best league in Europe and Seria A is third.

AC Milan historically has much more silverware and I think MAYBE better players.

It was an expired and irrelevant Giroud in the EPL that goes to AC Milan and becomes top dog in Seria A.

The best players in general get paid the most and in general the best clubs pay the most. But when you compare different leagues it's not so straightforward.

Actually Olise currently earns more than Chukwueze and is two years younger has had a far better season and is wanted by top clubs.

Olise 15 games 7 goals and 4 assists
Chukwueze 22 games , 1 goal and 1 assist.

So Chukwueze is best because he plays at AC Milan according to you .

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:45am On Apr 29

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:50am On Apr 29
komekn:

It's not so simplistic the EPL is the best league in Europe and Seria A is third.

AC Milan historically has much more silverware and I think MAYBE better players.

It was an expired and irrelevant Giroud in the EPL that goes to AC Milan and becomes top dog in Seria A.

The best players in general get paid the most and in general the best clubs pay the most. But when you compare different leagues it's not so straightforward.

Actually Olise currently earns more than Chukwueze and is two years younger has had a far better season and is wanted by top clubs.

At Olise's age Chukwueze was elimanating Bayern Munich from the Champions League. At Olise's age, Arsenal fans were celebrating his injury in their Europa Semis. Let your Olise play in the Conference League at least then... 😂. Delusional being!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:06am On Apr 29
Yea he fainted in disbelief that he has become a striker

komekn:

I was wondering why he collapsed and almost fainted season is coming to an end and they are getting relegated and he scored a good goal 🥅 for the first time this season. Unfortunately they got beat 3-1 and have remain in relegation since the season started.

Did he faint in disbelief 😱 l can't believe I scored my first goal all season.🤯 🤯

He scored another one in the Segunda Division last season.

Wow he is so prolific
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:49am On Apr 29
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:55am On Apr 29
ChrisKels:
Victor Osimhen against Roma was fire.

https://twitter.com/EaglesTrackerNG/status/1784736177221714015?t=-NtqiAKs6aj0MiecEjGZTA&s=19

My goodness!
What a player!!

Everything you want in a number 9..

Speed, strength, agility
Strong hold up play
Excellent movement and use of space..
Brought others into the game
Took his penalty excellently
Forced the opposition defense into making mistakes

If his teammates were a little more prolific, he would have had like 2 assists...
The header to set up Anguissa was too sweet abeg..
The cross to Kvara was top class as well..

Osimhen too good abeg!

Part of me wants him to stay one more season in Napoli with Conte
Part of me wants him to move to the PL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 7:02am On Apr 29
Nff never see coach appoint for super eagles?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:23am On Apr 29
Marjoribanks:
At Olise's age Chukwueze was elimanating Bayern Munich from the Champions League. At Olise's age, Arsenal fans were celebrating his injury in their Europa Semis. Let your Olise play in the Conference League at least then... 😂. Delusional being!

I am convinced you are an over exuberant SS3 student.

Let me quote you verbatim; This Olise is overhyped! Na only cross he sabi. Too slow and can't really dribble

I asked you to name one football ⚽ attribute that Chukwueze has that is better than Olise. Not two just one. You have avoided that simplistic question ❓ instead you have been ranting like a child and making noises without addressing the question.

I ask you again, maybe 🤔 you are unable to have an objective sensible discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:27am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

My goodness!
What a player!!

Everything you want in a number 9..

Speed, strength, agility
Strong hold up play
Excellent movement and use of space..
Brought others into the game
Took his penalty excellently
Forced the opposition defense into making mistakes

If his teammates were a little more prolific, he would have had like 2 assists...
The header to set up Anguissa was too sweet abeg..
The cross to Kvara was top class as well..

Osimhen too good abeg!

Part of me wants him to stay one more season in Napoli with Conte
Part of me wants him to move to the PL

When I don't join you in this FANATICAL over hype it's called hate. VO did all this and scored one penalty your whole epistle of praise simply doesn't add up.

I noticed Tega has just come back from an ACL injury after nearly a whole season out with injury. Comes on as a substitute and scores. That's not easy 😞 coming from such a series injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:57am On Apr 29
komekn:

When I don't join you in this FANATICAL over hype it's called hate. VO did all this and scored one penalty your whole epistle of praise simply doesn't add up.

I noticed Tega has just come back from an ACL injury after nearly a whole season out with injury. Comes on as a substitute and scores. That's not easy 😞 coming from such a series injury.
This should not be Osimhen vs Tammy cuz the man did not mentioned Tammy but given accolades to Osimhen based on what he saw against Roma.

I would have love it if you bring Lookman into the discussion not Tammy cuz there is no reason mentioning Tammy who is not even our own.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:58am On Apr 29
komekn:

Trust me mate, you don't want to go on this road with me..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:01am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Trust me mate, you don't want to go on this road with me..
Pls Oga Ibrich,just forget that road and let’s talk more on something important,not Osimhen and Tammy comparisons that’s staled…..Osimhen don japa leaving Tammy behind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:02am On Apr 29
Guess who

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:04am On Apr 29
komekn:

Abeg let me rephrase myself again. Best players play for big clubs. In here and now, AC Milan is bigger than Crystal palace. Nowhere in my writeup did I mention leagues. I only said club. Unless u can prove to me that Crystal Palace is bigger than AC Milan. If you can't , then all those ur grammar no hold any Water. It no go tey Fulham will be bigger than Napoli go comot for your mouth too. Remember once again that you are the originator of that quote. No dey carry goalposts anyhow.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:08am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Guess who
Is it not Richard Owobokiri? The Boavista bomber. How he didn't cut it in SE should be a case study.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:09am On Apr 29
Kog45:
Pls Oga Ibrich,just forget that road and let’s talk more on something important,not Osimhen and Tammy comparisons that’s staled…..Osimhen don japa leaving Tammy behind

Yes o Egbon,
Oganla reports on X that NFF executive committee just met for the first time yesterday to discuss our Coach issue.. hmm

He also reports that they have selected a local coach and will make an official statement this week..

This our Coach situation na.. " the more you look, the less you see.."

It would take a miracle for us to qualify for the world cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:23am On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

Yes o Egbon,
Oganla reports on X that NFF executive committee just met for the first time yesterday to discuss our Coach issue.. hmm

He also reports that they have selected a local coach and will make an official statement this week..

This our Coach situation na.. " the more you look, the less you see.."

It would take a miracle for us to qualify for the world cup
Like I have said. History has shown that issues like this always occur whenever they want to appoint a local coach. Don't be surprised that the match will be pushed to Abuja or Kano and kick off time will be 2pm. The country no dey shock me again. A country where a president voted against his country. A country that took players that came in during winter to Hot Kano sun for a crucial WCQ. The same country did same for AFCON qualifier. Country that took it's U20 players to water logged and potopoto pitch to play a crucial qualifier match. A country that told it's coach that he needs outright win whereas a draw is enough. All because they want the man in the dug out to fail. Nothing dey shock me again. The in coming coach has been set up to fail. He needs nothing but a miracle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:35am On Apr 29
ChrisKels:
Victor Osimhen against Roma was fire.

https://twitter.com/EaglesTrackerNG/status/1784736177221714015?t=-NtqiAKs6aj0MiecEjGZTA&s=19

Man was immense yesterday
More voices coming in

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:38am On Apr 29
comodo:

Like I have said. History has shown that issues like this always occur whenever they want to appoint a local coach. Don't be surprised that the match will be pushed to Abuja or Kano and kick off time will be 2pm. The country no dey shock me again. A country where a president voted against his country. A country that took players that came in during winter to Hot Kano sun for a crucial WCQ. The same country did same for AFCON qualifier. Country that took it's U20 players to water logged and potopoto pitch to play a crucial qualifier match. A country that told it's coach that he needs outright win whereas a draw is enough. All because they want the man in the dug out to fail. Nothing dey shock me again. The in coming coach has been set up to fail. He needs nothing but a miracle.

Bros be calming down na abeg
grin grin grin
The good thing is, we have players now who atleast are fighters, regardless of who the coach turns out to be
We would still need a miracle to qualify, no doubt

(1) (2) (3) ... (16123) (16124) (16125) (16126) (16127) (16128) (16129) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m), BascoVanVeli(m), Marjoribanks and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.