Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657138 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) (6323) (6324) (6325) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
No Chukwueze, No Mikel, No Ekong.

Rohr is growing some balls. Me likey grin
when that dude dropped iheanacho against all weights and odds..that's when I knew the guy is incorruptible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Danielnino00:

How many of the lineup turned out to be real?

official lineups aren't released for a competitive game until 1 hour to kickoff.
Whatever u see online is from other sources... could be real..could be fake . . but its not official.

And honestly if I'm to believe any of the lineups, it shouldn't be the one from ANS

Even a wall clock with no battery is right twice in a day grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
grin

Forgiveness....... Is Rohr corrupt or not?! Yes or No pls! Spare me Epistle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
krattoss:
Maybe Rohr doesn't fancy chuks dribbles after all..

Many coaches frowns at showboating and incessant dribbles..maybe Rohr is one of them

You guys are just guessing different things

The coach knows the best and only him knows why he started Simon

You might guess from now till next year and you won't still know why the player was dropped ,on the other hand Moses Simon is not a bad player .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
Rohr rewards hard work and abhors complacency
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
So much energy in the MF. I dont know what to say, maybe we may need some calmness in d MF. Are we gonna miss Mikel that sits in front of the defense Time will tell.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
you sabi better thing, see the falcons that did it for pride, they had to protest on the street before the NFF gave them their money, the eagles are bigger than that if they don't collect it now Pinick and co ma je mo le

Dts d correct word ..."ma je mo le" grin

Safari is talking base on a normal condition,but we knw dis is Nigeria,once a fund is release by d govt to some ppu ,I bet u, if u don't scream out to collect ur share as at when due,DTS all,we re too corrupt in dis country.

I could also remember in 2015 when Ebola broke out in Nigeria,I worked with Nigeria port health, I was posted to one of d airports in Ikeja (MM1) as a presume staff.it was a contract job.I remember vividly when we were abt to start d job in August, we were orientated abt d job specification and during d job orientation we were told dt,we would b having three shifts in a day

Per shift for we presume staff/health workers,we were told we would b paid 15k and with a free meal/bottle water..for d nurses,dey would b paid 25k with a free meal/bottle water..while d doctors in d shift will be paid 30k /also free meal. we av 8presume staff/health workers/2nurses and a doctor for each shift.

We started d contract job dt same mid August, after August ending we were expecting an alert of d cumulative sum of our wages in our account as agreed during d orientation.. I could remember den ,when it was time, I check my phone messages frequently as if my life depended on it,but we didn't c anything grin

Fast forward to September ending, we didn't c a dime again, no alert no money,we were still working as usual base on say "no alternative" .At some point, we had to survive on tips we c daily from passengers who re traveling and also from VIPs, d likes of governors,ministers,rich successful bizmen and also some top A artist too, dts if u re lucky to b posted to d VIP section in ur shift,October came again, we saw nothing,at dis stage,some of d doctors and nurses with us began to resign and went back to deir daily hustle. Dere was a day we screened a man going to pharcourt from Lagos. after screening him,d guy asked Us about our job,and aw we re coping.. When he mentioned "cope".. A colleague of mine den just told him point blank dt we av not been paid a dime since we started d job since august...d man shouted " HAAAAA",dt he works with 'WHO " showed us his Id card and all,and told us categorically dt, WHO has paid d FG all d monies involved in logistics covering our
Salaries and all...dt he c no reason y d FG shld b owing us a dime ,he even went further dt we re entitled to a free meal /bottle water per shift..to let u knw he knws much abt d incentives involved.

My colleague angrily replied saying ,MAKE WE EVEN C MONEY FIRST B4 WE TALK OF FOOD" d man was so surprised,he later told us dt d FG Is in charge of everything,saying he has little or nothing he can do abt dt, he gave us tips sha grin.

As we approached October,all staffs were called for an emergency meeting,dey told us point blank dt dey can't pay us on our agreed contract in August of 15k per shift,(450k per month).

Dt henceforth, dey re paying us 50k per month, c height of wickedness,slashing money not belonging to dem,dey brought a document for everybody to sign,DT was early October... We signed d contract,(as usual,at all at all,na In bad),nobody could protest ..we worked all thru October expecting to c our first alert of 50k,nothing entered again,it was den we started grumbling,staffs were lackadaisical abt d work,(wc is normal),some stopped coming because no money to pay for tp fare.November nothing again

It took d courage of a girl among us after d morning shift dt we can't continue dis way,dis was around early december...dis girl suggested dt we go to any nearby TV station to.protest with our uniforms ,we debated abt it,some agreed to go,some didn't, and d closest to us in Ikeja was TVC IN KETU lagos ,we went dere with our uniforms, protested abt our money ,dey interviewed almost everybody dt came for d protest,we spoke our.mind dt,dey refuse to pay us despite d HAZARDOUS nature of d job,D news was aired dt same night at TVC station 10pm news,could u believe dt d following MORNING,2 top shot in abuja in charge of d program were arrested ,it was DT same December ending we got d salary/wages of aug-december2015

Infact I was lucky, my September salary/wage was paid twice,..

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
This is the exact read I wanted Samu to go to the world cup first. U can never blame the coach for picking the players he wants.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2019
andrew444:

You guys are just guessing different things

The coach knows the best and only him knows why he started Simon

You might guess from now till next year and you won't still know why the player was dropped ,on the other hand Moses Simon is not a bad player .

true that bro..

Need I remind u all we ve been doing here is guess work all day...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
krattoss:
true that bro..

Need I remind u all we ve been doing here is guess work all day...

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
Could end up being a back 3, maybe that's why we have Moses because of his workrate, then we need to be wary of Kamano and Sorykaba pacy and skillful players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Excel70: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
elyte89:

Safari is talking base on a normal condition,but we knw dis is Nigeria,once a fund is release by d govt to some ppu ,I bet u, if u don't scream out to collect ur

Did they finally pay 50 or 450?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
Could end up being a back 3, maybe that's why we have Moses because of his workrate, then we need to be wary of Kamano and Sorykaba pacy and skillful players

Spot on.... I'm seeing 3 - 5 - 2 Formation based on the Lineup not 4 - 3 - 3.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
elyte89:

Safari is talking base on a normal condition,but we knw dis is Nigeria,once a fund is release by d govt to some ppu ,I bet u, if u don't scream out to collect ur share as at when due,DTS all,we re too corrupt in dis country.

I could also remember in 2015 when Ebola broke out in Nigeria,I worked with Nigeria port health, I was posted to one of d airports in Ikeja (MM1) as a presume staff.it was a contract job.I remember vividly when we were abt to start d job in August, we were orientated abt d job specification and during d job orientation we were told dt,we would b having three shifts in a day

Per shift for we presume staff/health workers,we were told we would b paid 15k and with a free meal/bottle water..for d nurses,dey would b paid 25k with a free meal/bottle water..while d doctors in d shift will be paid 30k /also free meal. we av 8presume staff/health workers/2nurses and a doctor for each shift.

We started d contract job dt same mid August, after August ending we were expecting an alert of d cumulative sum of our wages in our account as agreed during d orientation.. I could remember den ,when it was time, I check my phone messages frequently as if my life depended on it,but we didn't c anything grin

Fast forward to September ending, we didn't c a dime again, no alert no money,we were still working as usual base on say "no alternative" .At some point, we had to survive on tips we c daily from passengers who re traveling and also from VIPs, d likes of governors,ministers,rich successful bizmen and also some top A artist too, dts if u re lucky to b posted to d VIP section in ur shift,October came again, we saw nothing,at dis stage,some of d doctors and nurses with us began to resign and went back to deir daily hustle. Dere was a day we screened a man going to pharcourt from Lagos. after screening him,d guy asked Us about our job,and aw we re coping.. When he mentioned "cope".. A colleague of mine den just told him point blank dt we av not been paid a dime since we started d job since august...d man shouted " HAAAAA",dt he works with 'WHO " showed us his Id card and all,and told us categorically dt, WHO has paid d FG all d monies involved in logistics covering our
Salaries and all...dt he c no reason y d FG shld b owing us a dime ,he even went further dt we re entitled to a free meal /bottle water per shift..to let u knw he knws much abt d incentives involved.

My colleague angrily replied saying ,MAKE WE EVEN C MONEY FIRST B4 WE TALK OF FOOD" d man was so surprised,he later told us dt d FG Is in charge of everything,saying he has little or nothing he can do abt dt, he gave us tips sha grin.

As we approached October,all staffs were called for an emergency meeting,dey told us point blank dt dey can't pay us on our agreed contract in August of 15k per shift,(450k per month).

Dt henceforth, dey re paying us 50k per month, c height of wickedness,slashing money not belonging to dem,dey brought a document for everybody to sign,DT was early October... We signed d contract,(as usual,at all at all,na In bad),nobody could protest ..we worked all thru October expecting to c our first alert of 50k,nothing entered again,it was den we started grumbling,staffs were lackadaisical abt d work,(wc is normal),some stopped coming because no money to pay for tp fare.November nothing again

It took d courage of a girl among us after d morning shift dt we can't continue dis way,dis was around early december...dis girl suggested dt we go to any nearby TV station to.protest with our uniforms ,we debated abt it,some agreed to go,some didn't, and d closest to us in Ikeja was TVC IN KETU lagos ,we went dere with our uniforms, protested abt our money ,dey interviewed almost everybody dt came for d protest,we spoke our.mind dt,dey refuse to pay us despite d HAZARDOUS nature of d job,D news was aired dt same night at TVC station 10pm news,could u believe dt d following MORNING,2 top shot in abuja in charge of d program were arrested ,it was DT same December ending we got d salary/wages of aug-december2015

cheesy really lucky, mehn this your story is the true definition of all that is wrong with Nigeria, lackadaisical and deep rooted corruption. As per the eagles i'm sure they aren't owed money for just one match day, they can't protest for that maybe it was the NFF trying to spin something. I'm shocked by Joe's words though talking like someone who's used to mediocrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2019
Excel70:

Did they finally pay 50 or 450?

We were not paid in August,I wasnt expecting it anyway since we started midway,and coupled with d fact dt dey didn't wish to pay sef

But sept..dey paid 50k and 60k...I was paid twice grin

October..60k was paid

November... 70k was paid

December...50k...all alert was received in December grin

At January 2016,7th,when Nigeria was declared Ebola free..den pursue everybody go aws grin grin grin we were relieved,

We were even thinking maybe dey will retain us as a govt staff b4,so dt d health department in all airport will b well staffed,

If u remember d man dt brut Ebola to Nigeria,came in thru airport

Most of our airport don't av a functioning/standard health care dept,it's not even existing sef undecided

But u knw our govt mumu,dey don't think ahead grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
hmmm intriguing experience you had there.

two things i gather from your write up is that people within the system and not necessarily FG where behaving criminally and that like your brave colleague one should not hesitate to blow the whistle when something wrong is happening because the higher ups in govt might be unaware of the situation.

your story has some parallels with what happened yesterday why was it when the players protested that suddenly the story that FG released money surfaced?

elyte89:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
cheesy really lucky, mehn this your story is the true definition of all that is wrong with Nigeria, lackadaisical and deep rooted corruption. As per the eagles i'm sure they aren't owed money for just one match day, they can't protest for that maybe it was the NFF trying to spin something. I'm shocked by Joe's words though talking like someone who's used to mediocrity
it was just one match day

NFF has not owed the Eagles in years, Aiteo makes sure they are paid promptly. Let us not come and rewrite the story to make their lack of professionalism understandable. They paid them in full during the World Cup, only for them to play rubbish in full, is it AFCON they will start witholding their money?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
i think he's speaking based on the info put out there in public

jihday:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by theblackjack76: 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2019
I don't think Ekong is fully fit.

Curtisaxel7:
No Chukwueze, No Mikel, No Ekong.

Rohr is growing some balls. Me likey grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
How do we cage Nabil Keita and That speed racer
Sort Kaba ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamharkinwaley: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
It's rainy heavily here, I can't go out. I'll very much appreciate it if update are dropped here.

Gracias
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2019
And it begins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ekong had a knock in d last game. Maybe he didn't recover fully.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
Akpeyi does Akpeyi again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
lexyman:
How do we cage Nabil Keita and That speed racer
Sort Kaba ?
D match will swallow them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by klexycole(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
Akpeyi on the loose again! sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
Looks like they have told them our keeper is not good and should be tried from all angles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
So, even Akpeyi follow dey protest bonus money. Wonders shall never end cry

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
How did iwobi not shoot there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
Who use Akpeyi swear for us cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
Iwobi is counting his feet. Chance wasted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2019
comodo:
And Karo Etebo & Semi Ajayi too. I heard Semi has his nudes!!!
Chief Aluko lost form, that's why no one calls for him,

Make I enjoy game first. I dey come. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) (6323) (6324) (6325) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bennie1980(m), lakesidepapa(m), comodo, immobilare(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.