Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657879 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) (6323) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol u funny bro, when did Kalu join the team? That should be the basis of ur argument and comparison not things that happened when he wasn't there.

Since Kalu joined the team, what has been his input compared to Simon's? Let me rephrase, since the world cup ended, what has Simon done for the Eagles compared to Kalu?

Simon and Kalu are not vying for the same position.

Simon has been out of the National team due to injury but when he came back he scored a goal after just 23 minutes. What it took Kalu 123 minutes to do. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:

Yes Caucasian I do find this battle of stupidity and brutishness you've launched on my opinion and person to be beyond me. I've summarily chosen another. Thank you..

It takes stupid to know stupid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:
that you did not go with it does not make it less true.

I see how you plan to be objective with your view from one spectrum, so, keep up with that, but let me not catch you advocating for any ex-international on another day

If you want to be an activist, do it for the truly oppressed. You cannot be supporting rich people and think you are doing the world a favor, they don't need your support.

It is not a battle between the rich and poor, this is not medieval France. A few workers did not get their pay as at when due, that's all. Learn to stick with the essence of the discourse. Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2019
Taliban:

But for Keshi to use him, since Keshi was corrupt according to you then Some must have paid egunje at that time. Why can't he do the same thing he did when Keshi invited him?

Keshi was forced to invite him because the guy couldn't stop making rave week after week.

Journalist bombarded Keshi with questions on why he never invited him despite his exploits.

After Keshi invited him, he kept him on the bench for Uzeonyi despite his poor performance.

Sone Aluko got his invitation due to pressure from the fans and journalists.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:

You've run out of ideas, have a nice day young lady.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
iSlayer:

It is not a battle between the rich and poor, this is not medieval France. A few workers did not get their pay as at when due, that's all. Learn to stick with the essence of the discourse. Thank you.

What do you use to determine when pay is due?

The way you people are shouting as at when due, someone will think you sat with them and were present at the signing of this agreement.

If you work for me and I tell you, I have your money, come and collect, then you say "No, I want it in another currency"....then, I say "okay, but I will have to sort it out with my bank, so, it might take some days to clear"....is it not common sense that will tell you, you ought to wait some days?

Rather, you choose to go for protests out of the blue, after we had an agreement, and then somebody will say na me do bad thing.

I work, I get paid, and sometimes, the person paying me, informs me ahead of time that the money might not clear early enough. I understand that, so, I wait, sometimes longer than the initially agreed date because na human being dey work to clear the money

I don't know what business you do, but money will not always be paid as at when due, even in the so-called sane climes. It behoves on one party to apply patience. If their money was a whole week late, I could have seen reason with them, but this display, is just another example of black men being black men. Match was played Saturday, businesses opened Monday and money cannot be cleared on weekends. So, why are they protesting as early as Tuesday?

If your money hooks in a bank on Friday, will anything be done about it before Monday? It may not even be corrected until Friday.

There is just a lot of ignorance about issues and while it is very easy to blame the NFF, because that os the road most traveled, the so-called professionals have not acted in a professional manner either.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lineups please? I hear OGN has posted it....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Lineups please? I hear OGN has posted it....
Line-Ups come out 1 hour to the game at most. Anything before that is unreliable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

Keshi was forced to invite him because the guy couldn't stop making rave week after week.

Journalist bombarded Keshi with questions on why he never invited him despite his exploits.

After Keshi invited him, he kept him on the bench for Uzeonyi despite his poor performance.

Sone Aluko got his invitation due to pressure from the fans and journalists.

Oh ok, so that must mean the journalists and fans deserted Sone and stopped clamoring for him or just that the other coaches are too stubborn and can't be pressured. Interesting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Safari, that's enough!

And I would like to see you in the other room in the next 10 mins!!

O pari

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
Thanks God you're NOT the coach!

O pari

AIG07:
My Team Line up(IF I WERE TO BE THE COACH)

.................... ..... ENZENWA.................. .
AINA........ BALOGUN.... EKONG..... COLLINS
............... ........ NDIDI......... MIKEL...............
M. SIMON.................IWOBI................ MUSA
............ ... ........ IGHALO........

SUB
HENRY
OSIMHEN
CHUCK
ETEBO
OGU

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2019
Lol! Oh Christ!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
Taliban:

Oh ok, so that must mean the journalists and fans deserted Sone and stopped clamoring for him or just that the other coaches are too stubborn and can't be pressured. Interesting.

Rohr said he doesn't want Second division players when he was asked about it but the hypocrite went and brought Nwakali from division two.

Corruption everywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Icon79:
Thanks God you're NOT the coach!

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ersonleads(m): 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2019
Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi, William Troost-Ekong and Samuel Chukwueze have been dropped to the bench for today’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Group B clash with Guinea, Completesports.com reports.
The trio started the Eagles’ first match against the Swallows of Burundi last Saturday.
In their place, head coach Gernot Rohr, has opted for Ahmed Musa, Leon Balogun and Moses Simon.
In goal, Rohr has kept faith with Daniel Akpeyi who despite a good showing against Burundi looked short of confidence.
Versatile defender, Chidozie Awaziem, who replaced the injured Shehu Abdullahi against Burundi will start at right-back, while Ola Aina and Kenneth Omeruo are the two other defenders that have been handed starting shirts against the Guineans.
Leicester City midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo and John Mikel Obi will start in midfield.
Match hero against Burundi, Odion Ighalo will lead the attack in place of Paul Onuachu, and will be flanked by the duo of Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa.
Super Eagles Starting Lineup VS Guinea
Daniel Akpeyi, Kenneth Omeruo, Leon Balogun, Ola Aina, Chidozie Awaziem, Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo, Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Odion ghalo.... got this from official complete sport. how una see am my people
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2019
Line up. ANS.

Super Eagles Starting XI Vs Guinea : Akpeyi, Omeruo, Balogun, Aina, Awaziem, Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi, Musa, Simon, Ighalo

Ps: believe this at your own peril. grin

E bi like say na true oooo.

Why did Rohr drop Chukwueze?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:
Line up. ANS.

Super Eagles Starting XI Vs Guinea : Akpeyi, Omeruo, Balogun, Aina, Awaziem, Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi, Musa, Simon, Ighalo

Ps: believe this at your own peril. grin

E bi like say na true oooo.

Why did Rohr drop Chukwueze?
ANS is wrong 98% of the time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:
ANS is wrong 98% of the time

I see. Hmm!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2019
Eagles’ Starting Lineup Vs Guinea: Mikel, Troost-Ekong, Chukwueze Dropped; Balogun, Musa, Simon In

Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi, William Troost-Ekong and Samuel Chukwueze have been dropped to the bench for today’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Group B clash with Guinea, Completesports.com reports.

The trio started the Eagles’ first match against the Swallows of Burundi last Saturday.

In their place, head coach Gernot Rohr, has opted for Ahmed Musa, Leon Balogun and Moses Simon.

In goal, Rohr has kept faith with Daniel Akpeyi who despite a good showing against Burundi looked short of confidence.

Versatile defender, Chidozie Awaziem, who replaced the injured Shehu Abdullahi against Burundi will start at right-back, while Ola Aina and Kenneth Omeruo are the two other defenders that have been handed starting shirts against the Guineans.

Leicester City midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo and John Mikel Obi will start in midfield.

Match hero against Burundi, Odion Ighalo will lead the attack in place of Paul Onuachu, and will be flanked by the duo of Moses Simon and Ahmed Musa.

Super Eagles Starting Lineup VS Guinea

Daniel Akpeyi, Kenneth Omeruo, Leon Balogun, Ola Aina, Chidozie Awaziem, Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo, Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Odion ghalo

Completesportnigeria

Modified
Mikel Obi should be on the bench.
I think Mikel being in the lineup in this write-up is a mistake
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
So Moses Simon is starting according to twitter ? I don't know how true

Not bad sha ,we should get the 3 point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:50pm On Jun 26, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The players have no excuse for what they did. If they are too big to deal with the hassles of the Super Eagles, they should step down and let those who can cope play.

We have soldiers on the frontline of Boko Haram, defending the country with their lives, earning little or nothing, sometimes stranded with no pay or food. Yet how many will drop their arms and come home.

Yet this one's embarrassed the whole Nation that their bank alerts have not come and were ready to abandon training. So if Dalung wants to frustrate the team, the way the players acted compounded issues.
see what you are saying? So you mean they should keep quiet when they feel cheated? The only reason the soldiers can't drop arms is because they don't have any other source of income, some of them have left the job and travel abroad. Imagine someone like Kalu whose mum was kidnapped, Nigeria couldn't help the mum regain freedom the guy had to pay, he now come play ball for una una still no wan pay am o boy if na me e go red o

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
safarigirl:
There are levels to this payment thing

When people that already have money can decide not to train just because their bonus for a game has been delayed, meanwhile some people never even see salary for almosr a year and still work, and if they say dem no work again, they are threatened with a sack.

Later, somebody will come and post a footballer's picture when he's older, telling us the government is not caring for him. Make dem collect all their money now o, because nobody will donate to them later
I support, they should fight for their money now but when they get older and anything happen they shouldn't blackmail us with the 'I served Nigeria' anthem

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you. To think that it is football they are playing for that matter.

When is preseason starting because I can not stand these guys.
you were never really a fan

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
The real lineup will be out by 2.30pm... Anything before that is just from the writer's imagination..

I can believe that Rohr can drop Mikel and Chukwueze but not Ekong! despite that Ekong was poor last week Rohr can't drop him! Its Awazeim that's most likely to make way for Balogun...

Maybe Ekong isn't fit...he suffered a knock in the last minutes of the Burundi game though...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
elyte89:

I don't even get d notion where our peeps re coming from.....whether dey re rich or not,pay d workers his wages b4 his sweat dries

If d officials/politician are not denied deir own wages/salaries,y do dt to our players? undecided

And no b say NFF get better retirement scheme to take of our players when dey leave d game

Abeg make dem collect deir money,and if dey refuse to pay,dey shld just go back to deir various club where dey re well.appreciated wink
you sabi better thing, see the falcons that did it for pride, they had to protest on the street before the NFF gave them their money, the eagles are bigger than that if they don't collect it now Pinick and co ma je mo le

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
I support, they should fight for their money now but when they get older and anything happen they shouldn't blackmail us with the 'I served Nigeria' anthem
they served themselves.

We know who is serving Nigeria and it isn't most of these footballers. Wetin pain me pass na say dem no dey use money do better thing. How many of them have any viable business?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2019
forgiveness:

It is obvious you don't know anything. grin

Kalu and Chukwueze are the two competing for RW slot though Kalu is the first choice (but things might have changed after Chukwueze impressed). Simon is not competing for the RW because that's not his position in the national team. Fact. See snapshot below

How many freekick goal has Kalu scored?

How many goals have Kalu scored for the SE?

Simon was one of Nigeria's best player during the world cup qualifiers yet you are talking about Kalu. grin

Ahmed Musa is the LW first choice but nobody knows who is the second choice between Simon and Onyekuru.

Simon played as a winger too in La Liga. Stop giving false information.

Ps: the last snapshot is Kalu's stats with the national team. 99% RW
king of screenshots grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
see what you are saying? So you mean they should keep quiet when they feel cheated? The only reason the soldiers can't drop arms is because they don't have any other source of income, some of them have left the job and travel abroad. Imagine someone like Kalu whose mum was kidnapped, Nigeria couldn't help the mum regain freedom the guy had to pay, he now come play ball for una una still no wan pay am o boy if na me e go red o

Nobody is saying they shouldn't get paid...But the manner in which they carried out their grievances was unprofessional, given the fact that this would be the first time in like 2 years that such would happen. And it was just one match outstanding bonus!!
They could have been a bit patient at least...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
I've always known rorh doesn't fancy all that chukwueze dribbling with zero end product

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Rhor is now ruthless, so he can drop Ekong

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Danielnino00:
The real lineup will be out by 2.30pm... Anything before that is just from the writer's imagination..

I can believe that Rohr can drop Mikel and Chukwueze but not Ekong! despite that Ekong was poor last week Rohr can't drop him! Its Awazeim that's most likely to make way for Balogun...

Maybe Ekong isn't fit...he suffered a knock in the last minutes of the Burundi game though...

Agreed

But sorry during the World Cup I saw all super eagles Line up before 12pm on twitter which was even more than 4 hours to the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2019
jihday:
Rhor is now ruthless, so he can drop Ekong
Rohr dey vez ooo...nobody is indispensable

(1) (2) (3) ... (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) (6322) (6323) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CaptainStephen(m), etebefia, lbrichman2, comodo, elyte89 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.