Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11685415 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6386) (6387) (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Whether we like it or not, this game right here is the shock of the tournament.

I don't care if we go far or not but losing the game is criminal especially with Chukwueze, Osimhen and Onyekuru on that bench!!!

You wanna keep making changes and you could not rest Etebo and Musa to play the Ndidi-Mikel-Iwobi midfield trio and have Chukwueze and Kalu on both wings or even Chukwueze and Onyekuru.

You cannot rest Ighalo and give the ever hungry and Never tiring Osimhen a chance.

Rohr outtttttttt

I am sure that starting lineup predicted by OGN yesterday or so which I analysed would not have failed to score in this game or even lost it. I am certain.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:49pm On Jun 30, 2019
Full time

Back to the drawing board
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

I don't care if we go far or not but losing the game is criminal especially with Chukwueze, Osimhen and Onyekuru on that bench!!!

You wanna keep making changes and you could not rest Etebo and Musa to play the Ndidi-Mikel-Iwobi midfield trio and have Chukwueze and Kalu on both wings or even Chukwueze and Onyekuru.

You cannot rest Ighalo and give the ever hungry and Never tiring Osimhen a chance.

I am sure that starting lineup predicted by OGN yesterday or so which I analysed would not have failed to score in this game or even lost it. I am certain.

i will blame rohr for this to be honest

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
Chai!! Eagles! We are still at square one guys. We don’t have a team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
Humility017:

the problem with you is that whenever someone criticize a player you will think they hate him?

that's a parochial mindset...why should i hate ighalo
i am even from the same place with him... so why should i hate him.

i criticize him because i am not happy with his inputs..that's my opinion.
and does it mean i hate him?

haba

Why is ighalo is the only player you criticize?

Please tell me a super eagles player that had a good game today ?

Mention one ?

Na only ighalo you dey see

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2019
I don't even know if I should call this a shock result.
It's not like we have been impressive in this tournament

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
I have it before and i will say it again. Onyekuru, Iwobi and Chukwueze are the finest wingers in the current fold. Believe me, Onyekuru can win you a match. I wonder why Rohr behaves this way.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
Today's match is the worse have ever witnessed!. Papi Rohr didn't try at all. ..

This two Goals pain me no be small.

Abeg.. Let me lower my expectations more... If SE enter Quarter final we try gan....

We cant scores... This is poor

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
This is an eye opener.

Rohr should do his assignment on how to unlock park bus teams.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Rohr outtttttttt

Just imagine.... Having t'he best tools at your disposal yet still struggling to get simple things done...
Am tired bike...
Rohr outtttttt

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
I knew we were not going to score goals when I saw the lineup. Onyekuru rotting on the bench. Anyways, we will most likely play Ghana and then Egypt in quarterfinal.

That’s if we beat Ghana grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
Two things that made me start to have hope just before the tournament started:
1. Rohr talked about 3-5-2
2. He said we will be full of attack

Should I still have hope?
Well i'm still counting on us to get to the semis, although QF is more likely. I always knew we were not in contention for this cup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
This is just too sad. Where are Onyekuru, Osimhen and Chukwueze ?

I will say it again, Ighalo is shhitty if e like make him score 10 hat trick.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
soetanoreoluwa:
Today's match is the worse have ever witnessed!. Papi Rohr didn't try at all. ..

This two Goals pain me no be small.

Abeg.. Let me lower my expectations more... If SE enter Quarter final we try gan....

We cant scores... This is poor

The problem is we didn't look like scoring

A decent defence will withstand our blunt attack

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Triniti:
Chai!! Eagles! We are still at square one guys. We don’t have a team
We dont have a coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
RIP keshi. That dude was a gem. Imagine having some of the best upcoming layers in Europe but not knowing how to use them. This is what happens when you hire an old oyinbo who can barely speak English.

Never understood the praise on here for him. Never will.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hopefully after this tournament is over we will all be in the same camp that Rohr cannot take our football forward. He has done his best -- assembling a young team.

TheSuperNerd:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by HZwriters: 6:54pm On Jun 30, 2019
forgiveness:
This is an eye opener.
pls what really happened to the SE , was it lack of motivation?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Sportilitica:
Ighalo really tried today to be left alone against those two. He has ran his heart out, bullied all he can and hardly gotten any service in this second half. Really poor tactics by Rohr

Forget this puerile excuses, he was busy pushing and shoving not bullying. U bullied, yet couldn't get a single shot on goal? U guys are funny.

He would have saved himself the undue stress if he had a shred of positioning sense as a striker. His poor sense of positioning kept him in those tight corners he was committing fouls against a defender that plays in the French fifth tier

He is useless

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Joebie:
Two things that made me start to have hope just before the tournament started:
1. Rohr talked about 3-5-2
2. He said we will be full of attack

Should I still have hope?
Well i'm still counting on us to get to the semis, although QF is more likely. I always knew we were not in contention for this cup.

Can we even beat Ghana? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2019
Meliforme:
I have it before and i will say it again. Onyekuru, Iwobi and Chukwueze are the finest wingers in the current fold. Believe me, Onyekuru can win you a match. I wonder why Rohr behaves this way.

In this game after they scored two goals and parked the bus Onyekuru and Chukwueze can't do anything because they closed the space for them to operate.

You need a player that can hold the ball and pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Joebie:
Hopefully after this tournament is over we will all be in the same camp that Rohr cannot take our football forward. He has done his best -- assembling a young team.

KPOM!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
We need a fox in the box striker. Not a striker before he shoots be like person wey wan tie wrapper. Osimhen should be given a chance. Onyekuru is wasting away on the bench. Kalu collapsed, his spirit left him. What we are seeing is his shell. Rohr please, Abeg, Biko grow some balls. Do the right thing. A bad day at the office. Keep the faith.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
forgiveness:
This is an eye opener.

Assignment ko. Homework Ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
it was evident in the first two games. I watched the Burundi game and said the first games are always difficult. I didn't watch the majority of the Guinea game, but from reports we struggled to carve out chances. Then this.. what are you expecting in the knock out stages? Miracles
Don't expect surprises from Rohr. Said this before
Earthquake3:

The problem is we didn't look like scoring

A decent defence will withstand our blunt attack
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
ChrisKels:

What has training as a family got to do with Rohr's cluelessness, bias and cowardice?

We are saying the same thing bro

Training isn't the real deal.

Rohr isn't a good tactician and not a winning coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mybettingtips(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2019
Abeg we dont have a coach. This man is clueless, a disgrace to the word clueless sef. Onyekuru that ball all season can't make it to the starting lineup. Dude was solid all season, our best winger last season going by stats. Played for Galatasaray but can't make our team. The clueless man prefer unfit Kalu over him, the boy was injured last season for 2 months and just recovering but the coach still thinks he is better that Onyekuru. Why bring on Simon when you have Chuks dat can open up defense

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
Y'all better run before Gustav25 shows up shocked

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
HZwriters:

pls what really happened to the SE , was it lack of motivation?

The team was not balance due to new players integrated into the team.

If Ndidi and Iwobi started the game, it could have been a different game entirely.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
Today many people will start to appreciate Iwobi.
Omeru is our best defender in this tournament.
Imo we've seen enough of Mikel this tournament.
This midfield combo is not it.
We need to do some serious work after AFCON. Some new players are needed.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
Total Ineptitude of the coaching staff

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:58pm On Jun 30, 2019
andrew444:

Why is ighalo is the only player you criticize?

Please tell me a super eagles player that had a good game today ?

Mention one ?

Na only ighalo you dey see
was it only ighalo I criticized?
you didn't see where I talked on ogu or even others....
pls go back and read my posts...

you take it too personal whenever ighalo is criticized....

sometimes I wonder if he is your blood relative.... any public figure will always be criticized even the president
so what's the fuss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6386) (6387) (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotola90(m), Tinneh, shawwal1(m), Blueelf, Ppogbae, Kog45(m), gamaliel9, MRSAleroELEFAN(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.