Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11690127 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) (6393) (6394) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by HZwriters: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
forgiveness:

The team was not balance due to new players integrated into the team.

If Ndidi and Iwobi started the game, it could have been a different game entirely.

OK, things happen, we move on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Just look at the Madagascans celebrate. We have just gifted them the Biggest win in their Football history and the Biggest Afcon shock in recent years.

Rohr and the team that started this game has no bloody excuse that I will accept. They lost concentration and Rohr cannot be brave enough to field players that can break down a compact system. Bringing in Iwobi was too late... And he cannot do it alone. He alongside Chukwueze could have been much better.

This was not the game for Moses Simon. WE WERE NOT DEFENDING!!! WE NEEDED GOALS!!! He was good in the last game on a balanced scale offensively and defensively but Chukwueze trumps him easily on the offensive side alone.

We needed Chukwueze not Simon.

And Osimhen (our highest scoring striker in Europe) and ONYEKURU (Our highest scoring winger) should never have been on the bench!!! Both should have started while Musa and Ighalo are rested. Musa was even on a yellow.

Or Start Osimhen... Bring in Onyekuru later for a Kalu in the situation that Kalu and Chukwueze starts.

And the way Rohr has been making changes to the lineup anyhow shows this man does not even know his Best XI from these crop of players.

They better get set to play Ghana or whoever it is.
The cluelessness of Rohr has been exposed to the world today....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
Humility017:

please I work and pay my bills...subscribe my data.
I own you or anyone no explanation on who I am to criticize...and call out.
if he you've facts to counter me with...do so...I will learn from it and move on.

so please...whenever I criticize any player of my choice play.... simply because I said ighalo has played no thing....

you can jump my post and pass.....

I understand you even insult earthquake simply Because he criticized ighalo...
if you wanna defend ighalo go to front page...and prove it there.

I don't like insult anybody on this forum because the love for super eagles brought us all here...I am not being paid by anyone...I just come here to share my views and do my talking and likewise u and many others...everyone deserve to be respected for that.
I don't understand why you will start call me a hater and later wanna resort it to insults all because I said my mind with my data

This is not your inbox this is a forum

So anybody can quote you

If you don't like the quote why not ignore tian continue saying nonsense ?

If you see post ignore say dem go cut your preek?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mybettingtips:
We have a clueless coach, I'm really angry right now. Onyekuru is our best winger but our coach will prefer a player that played RB in La liga last season over him. Clueless coach

Guy African game is jam body ,oyekuru won't survive .. Didn't u see kalu ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
keyword in bold
somehow:
Rohr is an average coach.

Not tactical

Can't read games

And a bad decision taker.

This game further exposed him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Oga, you too dey yarn dust. Onyekuru, Iwobi,Chukwueze and Kalu are the most skillful players on that team. Tell me, if they cant operate in a tight space na Musa and Ighalo go do am ?

What did Kalu do with his skills when the game was open?

How much more when the Madagascans parked the bus?

Chukwueze and Onyekuru can't thrive in Park the bus situation because the thrive with space afforded them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
I just don’t know wat else to type.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 7:10pm On Jun 30, 2019
darkelf:

We also need to think about changing the coaching staff....depending on his performance in this AFCON which going by all indicators won't be good

I feel like this tournament will probably determine Rohr's future in relation to the SEs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
forgiveness:

In this game after they scored two goals and parked the bus Onyekuru and Chukwueze can't do anything because they closed the space for them to operate.

You need a player that can hold the ball and pass.
No you need a player who he is an opportunist, a player with good positional sense, a player who can sneak in unnoticed and score. You saw what Onyekuru did against seychelles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
What a huge shame. Rohr is a terribly bad coach. I realised this during the world cup. He is stuck in the past. He cannot move our football forward

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
Starboytwo:
Y'all better run before Gustav25 shows up shocked

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheGoodJoe is even captain of this team. He is with us. Mickael2 is also in this camp. Truly Rohr will not take us to the promised Land.

I know his positives and I have praised it severally...BUT... He is not just brave enough and inventive enough to make the best use of the rise of another golden pool of young super talents in Nigerian football.

I have given the man time. He is not our Joshua.

Joebie:
Who else is with me? Where are all the Rohr die-hard supporters?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
andrew444:

lol

Food don set for my guy

As for now i no get your power
Hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
Joebie:
The problem is that Rohr's ineptitude has been glaring before now. I won't still take anything away from him. He can qualify us for 2 more WC and 4 more AFCONS

Not just Rohr,the whole bloody coaching staff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
na only your post you dey read? Abi u have not been seeing my stance here to say i'm following the bandwagon?
I've never been pro-Rohr and other views i have expressed here
ChrisKels:

Be a realist, dont follow the band wagon. Dont join them to wallow in self delusion. They called other big boys crap and said Nigeria was the best in this tourney, Chriskels warned them to watch it, buh they labelled him a Senegalese in love with Camerounian and Ivorian booty. Tell me Senegal, Cameroun or Ivory Coast would lose to Madagascar.

Reality 101,never be blinded by patriotism
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
Joebie:
I don't care about individuals. It's not like Iwobi is a star.
For once these players need to play instinctively as a team. It's been long overdue.

Individuals make the team. We need quality players who can play as a team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
darkelf:

We also need to think about changing the coaching staff....depending on his performance in this AFCON which going by all indicators won't be good

100% supported!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
forgiveness:

In this game after they scored two goals and parked the bus Onyekuru and Chukwueze can't do anything because they closed the space for them to operate.

You need a player that can hold the ball and pass.

No, u need a player that can move with ball, dribble while moving with the ball to open up spaces and at the same time attracted fouls at the dangers zones. U dont need anybody to hold up play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Just look at the Madagascans celebrate. We have just gifted them the Biggest win in their Football history and the Biggest Afcon shock in recent years.

Rohr and the team that started this game has no bloody excuse that I will accept. They lost concentration and Rohr cannot be brave enough to field players that can break down a compact system. Bringing in Iwobi was too late... And he cannot do it alone. He alongside Chukwueze could have been much better.

This was not the game for Moses Simon. WE WERE NOT DEFENDING!!! WE NEEDED GOALS!!! He was good in the last game on a balanced scale offensively and defensively but Chukwueze trumps him easily on the offensive side alone.

We needed Chukwueze not Simon.

And Osimhen (our highest scoring striker in Europe) and ONYEKURU (Our highest scoring winger) should never have been on the bench!!! Both should have started while Musa and Ighalo are rested. Musa was even on a yellow.

Or Start Osimhen... Bring in Onyekuru later for a Kalu in the situation that Kalu and Chukwueze starts.

And the way Rohr has been making changes to the lineup anyhow shows this man does not even know his Best XI from these crop of players.

They better get set to play Ghana or whoever it is.

Kalu that hasn't played a game in 6 months
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
Hanibal:
At the end of 45mins... We had 64% possession, what the Bleep was the Ndidi sub on all about?
We had ... Osimhen: 20goals, onyekuru: 16goals. 36goals worth of talent on the bench!!
We were 1 goal down, and Mr Rohr decided to introduce a Dm?
I wish I could shoot him dead right now.

We were looking vulnerable to the counter attack, Ndidi sub settled the midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
Most of them are the best we have.
Does Madagascar have quality players, relatively? But they have been impressive even before this game.

DrLikita12:

Individuals make the team. We need quality players who can play as a team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
This is an eye opener. Perhaps we'll wake the Bleep up. We have been too complacent.
I've said it once and will continue to say it - Rohr is average at best tactically. I appreciate the organization and harmony he's brought to the squad thanks to his man management skills - but his tactical acumen is just too average.

The midfield cost us this game today. Player roles were muddled up (i.e Etebo playing as the deepest mid, Ogu playing box to box, etc). Mikel lacked the intensity and slowed our game down when we needed quick 1-2s to break their defence.
Ogu did absolutely nothing. If you're going to play two slow immobile mids like Ogu and Mikel - make sure you get their positioning right.

Kalu should not have started. Dude didn't look a 100 percent fit to me. If anyone was going to get tried out - it should've been Onyekuru.

This result is beyond disgraceful. Not because we lost - but the manner in which we need. No intensity - nothing.
Ighalo has been dominated by the opposing CB for the second game running.
No one should dare make up any excuses for this result.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
HZwriters:

OK, things happen, we move on

Of course! We learn and move on.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
So no S.E player can curve free kick for us ...

Rohr should be sacked weda we win account or not

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
TheGoodJoe is even captain of this team. He is with us. Mickael2 is also in this camp. Truly Rohr will not take us to the promised Land.

I know his positives and I have praised it severally...BUT... He is not just brave enough and inventive enough to make the best use of the rise of another golden pool of young super talents in Nigerian football.

I have given the man time. He is not our Joshua.

Rohr has his good sides but bravery and invention is definitely not part of it. He is just too Conservative. Even a goal down to Madagascar and his first change was Conservative.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
Humility017:

please I work and pay my bills...subscribe my data.
I own you or anyone no explanation on who I am to criticize...and call out.
if he you've facts to counter me with...do so...I will learn from it and move on.

so please...whenever I criticize any player of my choice play.... simply because I said ighalo has played no thing....

you can jump my post and pass.....

I understand you even insult earthquake simply Because he criticized ighalo...
if you wanna defend ighalo go to front page...and prove it there.

I don't like insult anybody on this forum because the love for super eagles brought us all here...I am not being paid by anyone...I just come here to share my views and do my talking and likewise u and many others...everyone deserve to be respected for that.
I don't understand why you will start call me a hater and later wanna resort it to insults all because I said my mind with my data

My friend stop playing the damn victim. You did the same thing to my post during the U20s and I didn't cry a river. Ighalo is the only one that had any fight out there and you criticizing him is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
andrew444:

This is not your inbox this is a forum

So anybody can quote you

If you don't like the quote why not ignore tian continue saying nonsense ?

If you see post ignore say dem go cut your preek?

I think you're the one saying nonsense...because it rarely carry sense...you will talk with courtesy.
I aired my views you turned it to insults...
what's that?

i can't start insult someone all because he aired his views on a match and called out a player he thinks played awful because that' his opinion...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2019
That is why I also said Onyekuru-Chukwueze on the wings. Or start Kalu since he is back but give him just 45 mins. Simple.

nelszx:

Kalu that hasn't played a game in 6 months
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2019
elyte89:
Anyway my own take

For d first time I will blame rohr for his selection, at least he shld av started chukwueze,

Meanwhile... I think all d anti-shehus on dis thread need to write 450 apology letter words to him,a poor shehu can't be dis bad as awaziem today(fact) against an African team, awaziem offered nothing going forward

Mikel played with no interest since d beginning of dis tournament, I don't knw y(has his father been kidnapped again grin),make we confirm o,cos so far it has been an eyesore performance from Mikel so far in dis tournament,baba and ogu(shld just buy a fasten belt seat,till dey re ready for us)

Humility as usual ,I knw u will blame ighalo,dts normal,even if falcons are losing ,u will still blame ighalo just mention a thru clear pass given to ighalo today to score in our match,our middle today was flat and poor,no clear chances created for ighalo,even if d game was stretched to 190mins,we wouldn't av scored with today's midfield display.its just a bad day in office today,from balogun gift to ndidis deflection.dis things do happen in a game of football and dis is one.our opponent were discipline at d back,but going forward too,dey created no issues for us,

Are you sure you watched the game.... Awaziem was OK in my opinion...
Today we are not blaming any player.. All the blame goes to the coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Joebie:
Most of them are the best we have.
Does Madagascar have quality players, relatively? But they have been impressive even before this game.

Madagascar played as a team, we didn't. Like I said, quality players who play as a team.
Regardless, after AFCON we are going to need to replace a few players and look for options for other positions. We're likely not going to be sourcing players from Thailand's second decision.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
The king of memes is live on Supersport grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Humility017:

I think you're the one saying nonsense...because it rarely carry sense...you will talk with courtesy.
I aired my views you turned it to insults...
what's that?

i can't start insult someone all because he aired his views on a match and called out a player he thinks played awful because that' his opinion...

Lol

To ignore dey hard you

The earlier the better

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6388) (6389) (6390) (6391) (6392) (6393) (6394) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), zuchyblink(m), freesinzu(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.