Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,213 members, 7,846,024 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837710 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6398) (6399) (6400) (6401) (6402) (6403) (6404) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 12:54am On Jul 01, 2019
You can play in Europe and still be a shitty player.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:54am On Jul 01, 2019
iSlayer:
An extra thin midfield. I wonder what it would be like without Ndidi. Quality young reinforcements are needed, to be groomed into players that can fill the very big boots of playing senior team football. Picking from the age grade team :

Okon
Makanjuola
Oforborh
Tom Dele-Bashiru.

What about Tijani? Rohr has always wanted a tall striker you know grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:55am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
shifting the goalposts. It was about where you play wasn't it? I gave you an example of a player that was miles ahead of many European based players who never played in your beloved Europe. All of a sudden it's about age.
Aboutrika is at the end of his career and retired. How the heck will you compare him to some who isn't even in the middle of his career?? Again bring a 23, no a 25 year old Aboutrika and compare him to Iwobi.
Tau is 2 years older and is playing second division football.
Compare Aboutrika to Mikel then. Go ahead - please do.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:57am On Jul 01, 2019
iSlayer:
An extra thin midfield. I wonder what it would be like without Ndidi. Quality young reinforcements are needed, to be groomed into players that can fill the very big boots of playing senior team football. Picking from the age grade team :

Okon
Makanjuola
Oforborh
Tom Dele-Bashiru.
Anyone with half a brain knew this would be an issue. Rohr was getting away with inviting 3 CMs during the qualifiers while over loading the team with wingers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:01am On Jul 01, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

What about Tijani? Rohr has always wanted a tall striker you know grin

LWKMD! My ribs!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 1:04am On Jul 01, 2019
edi287:

Aboutrika is at the end of his career and retired. How the heck will you compare him to some who isn't even in the middle of his career?? Again bring a 23, no a 25 year old Aboutrika and compare him to Iwobi.
Tau is 2 years older and is playing second division football.
Compare Aboutrika to Mikel then. Go ahead - please do.
lol. You are deliberately missing the point aren't you. What's age got to do with ability? Well, you keep bastardizing the league Tau plays in as if to imply he's an inferior player because Iwobi happens to play in the EPL, the object of comparison here is the legaue, clearly. So I made an example of a player that's superior to Iwobi but plays in a lesser league and now you shift to focusing on leagues to the ages of the players as if that has a bearing on anything. A 26 year old Aboutrika was still better than IWobi . Age is useless.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:05am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
he's overrated because he's inconsistent. Its one thing having potential and its one thing fulfilling that potential.

Like I said earlier we in SA are under no illusions with our team , we know whether we stand unlike you guys who still think rule Africa by virtue of having players playing for Arsenal, so Bafana comparisons are unnecessary.

Like I said earlier, we don't rate Akpeyi either but since he's your number one clearly someone in the Nigerian team rates him and that's an indictment on your team.

Bro, lol. You can pull all these stats on Iwobi and it still won't make a difference. Dude is still mad overrated. Sorry

Percy Tau was very inconsistent in the PSL. Sundowns were creating hundreds of opportunities so his stats don't tell the full story. How many times did Pitso have to defend him from critics? I have always maintained that Kahma Billiat was the better player.

You don't rate Akpeyi but your biggest club bought him now how is that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:09am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
You can play in Europe and still be a shitty player.

Not the top leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:09am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
lol. You are deliberately missing the point aren't you. What's age got to do with ability? Well, you keep bastardizing the league Tau plays in as if to imply he's an inferior player because Iwobi happens to play in the EPL, the object of comparison here is the legaue, clearly. So I made an example of a player that's superior to Iwobi but plays in a lesser league and now you shift to focusing on leagues to the ages of the players as if that has a bearing on anything. A 26 year old Aboutrika was still better than IWobi . Age is useless.
No Aboutrika only got relevant due to his performances at the highest level not what he did at club level.
Tau hasn't done shit at a proper tournament. You've been using his performances at a second division club to compare him to Iwobi which is bullshit.
Tau is not better than Iwobi. There's nothing you say that'll change it.
The biggest tournament Tau has performed at is the CAF champions league. Iwobi has played in the europa league and ucl.
Using him winning mvp at a second division is hilarious.
That's like me saying Onyekuru is better than Zaha because he was top scorer in the Belgian FIRST DIVISION.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 1:13am On Jul 01, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Percy Tau was very inconsistent in the PSL. Sundowns were creating hundreds of opportunities so his stats don't tell the full story. How many times did Pitso have to defend him from critics? I have always maintained that Kahma Billiat was the better player.

You don't rate Akpeyi but your biggest club bought him now how is that?
I'm said he's not highly rated I'm South Africa of which is fact. Even chiefs fans dont rate him but someone in chiefs liked him which is an indictment on chiefs transfer policy of late

Tau, WAS. Past tense bro. He's improved leaps and bounds since playing in Belgian second division you guys look down upon.

If you watch PSL games you'll know how many chances Billiat misses. Since you view everything with a colonial European eye, why did Brighton come for Tau and not Billiat and why was Tau the SA player of the year?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:14am On Jul 01, 2019
edi287:

Anyone with half a brain knew this would be an issue. Rohr was getting away with inviting 3 CMs during the qualifiers while over loading the team with wingers.

Such decisions makes one question the man as a coach. Starting Mikel repeatedly in that AM role with no end result can make some employers throw the man out. Not everyone is so forgiving. If you remove Ndidi from that midfield I'm sorry for what will happen against a lethal team.

Come to think of it, Etebo who's being played in that double pivot is not even a 4 as far as I know. So in essence, it's a cut and join midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 1:30am On Jul 01, 2019
edi287:

No Aboutrika only got relevant due to his performances at the highest level not what he did at club level.
Tau hasn't done shit at a proper tournament. You've been using his performances at a second division club to compare him to Iwobi which is bullshit.
Tau is not better than Iwobi. There's nothing you say that'll change it.
The biggest tournament Tau has performed at is the CAF champions league. Iwobi has played in the europa league and ucl.
Using him winning mvp at a second division is hilarious.
That's like me saying Onyekuru is better than Zaha because he was top scorer in the Belgian FIRST DIVISION.
based on those performances he was still better than many players playing in Europe' who couldn't do jack at National team's games. Aboutrika also performed for Al ahly what are you saying now?

Okay, now you're just playing dumb. I said it before and I'm saying again ,my comparisons of the two has to do with with the players' performances both club and country. Iwobi gets missing in club and country games and that's fact. Tau is the best player in the South African team and his club and you can't say the same about IWobi all you do is Keep bringing up where plays as if that has a bearing on his talent and when I rightly point out that I can even compare your iwobi to a player that payed in Egypt you shift gears and I can go a step further and say my neighbor who plays for an amature team is better than IWobi because he really is.lol

Iwobi has played in the champions league and Europa League but so is smalling and Jones, that proves nothing. Did he stand out. Did he win man of the match. Did he make an assist etc ? He was just there. Tau also partook in Club World Cup will I now say he's a better player based on that?

Onyekuru playing in Belgium can be better than Zaha if Zaha is not scoring in the EPL or doing anything for the national team or just being average like how iwobi is. Again I repeat it doesn't matter where you play, what matters is what you do on the field. I really thought that would sink in by now seeing how Madagascar walloped your as.ses.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:34am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
I'm said he's not highly rated I'm South Africa of which is fact. Even chiefs fans dont rate him but someone in chiefs liked him which is an indictment on chiefs transfer policy of late

Tau, WAS. Past tense bro. He's improved leaps and bounds since playing in Belgian second division you guys look down upon.

If you watch PSL games you'll know how many chances Billiat misses. Since you view everything with a colonial European eye, why did Brighton come for Tau and not Billiat and why was Tau the SA player of the year?

You are being ridiculous. The PSL is way better than Belgium second division so how does he improve in leaps and bounds by going to a lesser league?

Which kind of 50 cents 21 questions is the bolded? Of course you guys hyped Tau to the high heavens. Just like you doing now.

Billiat and Tah are not mates. This is 2 back to back successful AFCON outings for Billiat but your Tau has not even had a good game in this competition. When sundowns were down 2-0 against Zesco in the CAF champions league who scored the all important goal. If Billiat was south African he would have a statue next to Nelson Mandela.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2019
oga your tau abi pau na below average player and a late bloomer. if he is as good as hyped a decent Belgian top flight league would have fought to atleast have him on loan. 20 year old victor oshimeh wasn't having the best of time in wolfsburg but alot of Belgian teams gave him a chance for trials where he later settled with charleroi and the rest his history.

the belgian 2nd tier is very poor and i see no reason a decent player can not strive or make waves in it. don't be fooled with your organized and over hyped league because top european scouts will prefare to pick an academy player from ghana,nigeria,senegal,civ,morocco etc than to sign the best player in south african top flight
IronGalaxy:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:42am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
based on those performances he was still better than many players playing in Europe who couldn't do jack at National team's games. Aboutrika also performed for Al ahly what are you saying now?

Okay, now you're just playing dumb. I said it before and I'm saying again ,my comparisons of the two has to do with with the players' performances both club and country. Iwobi gets missing in club and country games and that's fact. Tau is the best player in the South African team and his club and you can't say the same about IWobi all you do is Keep bringing up where plays as if that has a bearing on his talent and when I rightly point out that I can even compare your iwobi to a player that payed in Egypt you shift gears and I can go a step further and say my neighbor who plays for an amature team is better than IWobi because he really is.lol

Iwobi has played in the champions league and Europe but so is smalling and Jones, that proves nothing. Did he stand out. Did he win man of the match. Did he make an assist etc ? He was just there. Tau also partook in Club World Cup will I now say he's a better player based on that?

Onyekuru playing in Belgium can be better than Zaha if Zaha is not scoring in the EPL or doing anything for the national team or just being average like how iwobi is. Again I repeat it doesn't matter where you play, what matters is what you do on the field. I really thought that would sink in by now seeing how Madagascar walloped your as.ses.
Aboutrika is known as a top player due to his performances not just in the CAF champions league and Club World Cup but his performances at AFCON.
The fact you're trying to use Aboutrika as an example is beyond Hilarious. Tau has not bossed AFCON, didn't do well in the club world championship and sure as hell isn't winning an MVP in the AFCON yet you think you can say he's better than Iwobi? You think if he was that good he wouldn't have been picked up by a top 6 club in England??
Onyekuru is not better than Zaha despite having scored more than Zaha in Belgium and Turkey.
Again - there's nothing I've Tau do with the ball that I haven't seen Iwobi do.

You can pull off the argument with folks who don't know anything about the PSL but not me.
I am Pirates fan and have been following the PSL since 03. I don't watch live games like before but I follow your top players.
Tau is not better than Iwobi. He is just as inconsistent and plays in a MUCH MUCH lower level than Iwobi.
If you want an argument like say Mothiba being better than Onachu or even Osihmen - we can maybe have that.
But Tau vs Iwobi?? Nice try that isn't going to work...not with me.
The only PSL player in the last decade that was good enough to play at the top level and didn't because of issues was Teko Modise. Tau isn't as good as peak Teko Modise. Simple.
Iwobi not only played in the ucl but played well in his first game at Barca. He has also performed well in europa whenever he played. Why would you compare him to Tau based on his second division performances??

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 1:43am On Jul 01, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You are being ridiculous. The PSL is way better than Belgium second division so how does he improve in leaps and bounds by going to a lesser league?

Which kind of 50 cents 21 questions is the bolded? Of course you guys hyped Tau to the high heavens. Just like you doing now.

Billiat and Tah are not mates. This is 2 back to back successful AFCON outings for Billiat but your Tau has not even had a good game in this competition. When sundowns were down 2-0 against Zesco in the CAF champions league who scored the all important goal. If Billiat was south African he would have a statue next to Nelson Mandela.
Am I really? He use to miss more chances than he does now, he ran out of steam earlier, his decision making has improved as well as his confidence, all since playing abroad. Its an observation.

And you guys don't hype every Nigerian player that makes a sojourn to Europe?

Billiat has back to back Afcon but that proves what? Its the Zimbabwe team that got there not billiat. This is Tau' s first Afcon and wasn't he instrumental in getting us there?

If Tau and Billiat aren't mates why then did Brighton buy Tau and not Billiat and why was he the South African player of the year?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:50am On Jul 01, 2019
its funny many here saying tau is better than iwobi. arsenal have seen enough which made them retain alex and even they decide to sell him tomorrow he wont lack suitors. last summer the likes of wolves and lazio expressed interest in having him which arsenal turned down.

alex is just 22 and still have enough time to development. when he gets to taus age he will get better but for now he is miles better and rated than tau abi pau.

i wonder the year a player from the belgian 2nd tier will make the super eagles roster.
BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:59am On Jul 01, 2019
both billiat and tau are trash. galatasaray just signed nigerian u20 defender ozornwafor straight from enyimba. the likes of isaac success,kelechi iheanancho,victor oshimeh just to mention a few joined top european teams straight from football academies in nigeria.

your FA should focus on youth football instead of hyping your league always. if nigeria is blessed with the type of organizational structure in SA alot of messi's and ronaldo's will be discovered
IronGalaxy:
Am I really? He use to miss more chances than he does now, he ran out of steam earlier, his decision making has improved as well as his confidence, all since playing abroad. Its an observation.

Billiat has back to back Afcon but that proves what? Its the Zimbabwe team that got there not billiat. This is Tau' s first Afcon and wasn't he instrumental in getting us there?

If Tau and Billiat aren't mates why then did Brighton buy Tau and not Billiat and why was he the South African player of the year?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:00am On Jul 01, 2019
edi287:

Aboutrika is known as a top player due to his performances not just in the CAF champions league and Club World Cup but his performances at AFCON.
The fact you're trying to use Aboutrika as an example is beyond Hilarious. Tau has not bossed AFCON, didn't do well in the club world championship and sure as hell isn't winning an MVP in the AFCON yet you think you can say he's better than Iwobi? You think if he was that good he wouldn't have been picked up by a top 6 club in England??
Onyekuru is not better than Zaha despite having scored more than Zaha in Belgium and Turkey.
Again - there's nothing I've Tau do with the ball that I haven't seen Iwobi do.

You can pull off the argument with folks who don't know anything about the PSL but not me.
I am Pirates fan and have been following the PSL since 03. I don't watch live games like before but I follow your top players.
Tau is not better than Iwobi. He is just as inconsistent and plays in a MUCH MUCH lower level than Iwobi.
If you want an argument like say Mothiba being better than Onachu or even Osihmen - we can maybe have that.
But Tau vs Iwobi?? Nice try that isn't going to work...not with me.
The only PSL player in the last decade that was good enough to play at the top level and didn't because of issues was Teko Modise. Tau isn't as good as peak Teko Modise. Simple.
Iwobi not only played in the ucl but played well in his first game at Barca. He has also performed well in europa whenever he played. Why would you compare him to Tau based on his second division performances??
how is it beyond ridiculous? If you say player A is better because he plays plays in league A and I provide a better player (B) nonetheless that never played in league A. I'm begining to think you're slow. Yes, Tau has not bossed Afcon, that was the first game and he was mOTM against Namibia and your Iwobi has not shown shone in all your games against lesser opponents despite playing in the EPL. Did I say Tau did well in the Club World Cup? I don't recall saying that, I merely showed you that playing in a big tournament doesn't mean you are good player.

So by being good you must be vindicated by an English top 6 club? Sometimes I don't understand how you Nigerian think. I think you are oblivious to the fact that many African players start at these smaller leagues and make their way up. Yaya Toure started at smaller Beveren in Belgium and we all know where he end up, Drogba was playing at Guingamp at some point and weren't they good then?

Nitpicking the odd good game that iwobi had in the champions league means nothing. I don't recall saying Tau will be MVP or whatever , I never said Tau was Messi but he influences his national teams games more so as his club games . I have not seen Iwobi doing anything special, he's essentially a poor man's Rashford

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:03am On Jul 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
both billiat and tau are trash. galatasaray just signed nigerian u20 defender ozornwafor straight from enyimba. the likes of isaac success,kelechi iheanancho,victor oshimeh just to mention a few joined top european teams straight from football academies in nigeria.

your FA should focus on youth football instead of hyping your league always. if nigeria is blessed with the type of organizational structure in SA alot of messi's and ronaldo's will be discovered
empty chest beating from Nigerians as usual. Make your league organized then and stop the " if" "if it was" . Since we're on the subject of " trash" , look no further than Balogun.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:03am On Jul 01, 2019
samuel chukwueze is just in his first season in europe and already making waves. he joined villareal straight from an academy in nigeria and after just few months he was promoted to villareal's first team. currently is contract carrries a buy out clause of over 50 million euros with barca,bayern and liverpool interested in having him. that's a young talent not a 25yrs old who just had a taste of european football in lowly rated belgian 2nd tier

IronGalaxy:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:03am On Jul 01, 2019
Una wey dey follow southie argue for ball, una get time oo

By this time sef

na wa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:05am On Jul 01, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Not the top leagues.
Mustafi,Young, Smalling, Xhaka etc come on now.

Oh and Iwobi grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:07am On Jul 01, 2019
players tend to make mistakes which is inevitable in sports and other aspect of life in general. balogun have held his on in the german top tier for many years before moving to brighton. i can't remember when an SA player stared in a top european league.

aside players like mark fish,lucas radebe,benni mccarthy,pieneer,fortune,shaun bartlett and few more have your country being able to unearth any decent talent in the last decade?
IronGalaxy:
empty chest beating from Nigerians as usual. Make your league organized then and stop the " if" "if it was" . Since we're on the subject of " trash" , look no further than Balogun.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:09am On Jul 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
samuel chukwueze is just in his first season in europe and already making waves. he joined villareal straight from an academy in nigeria and after just few months he was promoted to villareal's first team. currently is contract carrries a buy out clause of over 50 million euros with barca,bayern and liverpool interested in having him. that's a young talent not a 25yrs old who just had a taste of european football in lowly rated belgian 2nd tier

And how does this dissaprove the 25 year old is better than Iwobi? And why does the 25 year old play in the Belgian second division?

And where was this starlet against Madagascar? At this rate I think y'all be boasting about who plays where than actual winning actual games

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:10am On Jul 01, 2019
Funny how a South African underrates Nigeria but is on our forum 24/7 to talk about our football

Funny as hell

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:12am On Jul 01, 2019
charlesemeka85:
players tend to make mistakes which is inevitable in sports and other aspect of life in general. balogun have held his on in the german top tier for many years before moving to brighton. i can't remember when an SA player stared in a top european league.

aside players like mark fish,lucas radebe,benni mccarthy,pieneer,fortune,shaun bartlett and few more have your country being able to unearth any decent talent in the last decade?
I also can't remember when last did Nigeria had a decent team. Definitely the Finidi George era. The current crop are just Europe journeymen. Keep boasting about who plays where whole the likes of Madagascar keep walloping you as.ses

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:13am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:
how is it beyond ridiculous? If you say player A is better because he plays plays in league A and I provide a better player (B) nonetheless that never played in league A. I'm begining to think you're slow. Yes, Tau has not bossed Afcon, that was the first game and he was mOTM against Namibia and your Iwobi has not shown shone in all your games against lesser opponents despite playing in the EPL. Did I say Tau did well in the Club World Cup? I don't recall saying that, I merely showed you that playing in a big tournament doesn't mean you are good player.

So by being good you must be vindicated by an English top 6 club? Sometimes I don't understand how you Nigerian think. I think you are oblivious to the fact that many African players start at these smaller leagues and make their way up. Yaya Toure started at smaller Beveren in Belgium and we all know where he end up, Drogba was playing at Guingamp at some point and weren't they good then?

Nitpicking the odd good game that iwobi had in the champions league means nothing. I don't recall saying Tau will be MVP or whatever , I never said Tau was Messi but he influences his national teams games more so as his club games . I have not seen Iwobi doing anything special, he's essentially a poor man's Rashford
I "nitpicked" games against big teams that Iwobi has performed against. Can you "nitpick" the same with Tau at club heck even country level despite his good goal scoring record?? There is nothing Tau can do with the ball that Iwobi can't and most especially isn't playing on a higher level. Any neutral fan who has watched both extensively will say the same.
Players start at lower levels? So what?? Can you say Yaya Toure was better than Diaby when he was playing at Belgium? Could you say Sane was better than Alexis Sanchez when he was Southampton?? Didn't the respective players I mentioned improve after moving to a bigger club and proving themselves??
If anything - you are the overhyping Tau more than any Nigerian on NL has done with Iwobi.
You were the one that brought up his MVP performances at the belgian second division as proof that he's better than Iwobi - not me.
Iwobi has played at a higher level and has performed better. You are actually the one that is slow.
Next time when you want to do a player comparison - don't bring up second division performances against a YOUNGER player that is playing at a tougher league and is competing against tougher players.
Tau is not a better player than Iwobi and nothing will change that....not his man of the match performance against Namibia or his performances at the belgian second division.
Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:14am On Jul 01, 2019
darkelf:
Funny how a South African underrates Nigeria but is on our forum 24/7 to talk about our football

Funny as hell
is it? What's funny about people discussing football issues? Weird sense of humour

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:14am On Jul 01, 2019
one thing you fail to understand is that every team is beatable. the world is full of surprises so i see no reason you have to in shock that madagascar won nigeria today. few years ago south africa hosted spain in a friendly encounter in your country and won by a lone goal so does that mean your team is superior than theirs? you drew with seychelles away during the afcon qualifiers does that mean seychelles is on the same level with your bafana bafana?
IronGalaxy:
And how does this dissaprove the 25 year old is better than Iwobi? And why does the 25 year old play in the Belgian second division?

And where was this starlet against Madagascar? At this rate I think y'all be boasting about who plays where than actual winning actual games

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 2:15am On Jul 01, 2019
edi287:

I "nitpicked" games against big teams that Iwobi has performed against. Can you "nitpick" the same with Tau at club heck even country level despite his good goal scoring record?? There is nothing Tau can do with the ball that Iwobi can't and most especially isn't playing on a higher level. Any neutral fan who has watched both extensively will say the same.
Players start at lower levels? So what?? Can you say Yaya Toure was better than Diaby when he was playing at Belgium? Could you say Sane was better than Alexis Sanchez when he was Southampton?? Didn't the respective players I mentioned improve after moving to a bigger club and proving themselves??
If anything - you are the overhyping Tau more than any Nigerian on NL has done with Iwobi.
You were the one that brought up his MVP performances at the belgian second division as proof that he's better than Iwobi - not me.
Iwobi has played at a higher level and has performed better. You are actually the one that is slow.
Next time when you want to do a player comparison - don't bring up second division performances against a YOUNGER player that is playing at a tougher league and is competing against tougher players.
Tau is not a better player than Iwobi and nothing will change that....not his man of the match performance against Namibia or his performances at the belgian second division.
Finito.
Iwobi is overrated. And many are better than him including Tau

And maybe, one or two Madagascan players grin

Capiche
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:16am On Jul 01, 2019
IronGalaxy:

So Tau hasn't performed at the CWC, didn't boss the CAF CL but according to you I'm to accept he is better than Iwobi because he performed in the Belgian second division and against Namibia - yet I'm slow?? LMAO!!! Next time don't make comparisons that doesn't make sense.
We might as well say Tau is better than Zaha and Nicolas Pépé then since he's performed better in AFCON so far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6398) (6399) (6400) (6401) (6402) (6403) (6404) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MetalJigsaw(m), Toylove, Odunayaw(m), dijon, EEGA, KpagoGIN(m), Ginistev and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.