Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11649109 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6406) (6407) (6408) (6409) (6410) (6411) (6412) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

C. Ronaldo was bought at 100 million at 30+ why was nobody talking about age

If you can contribute goals and assists like Zaha does 90 million is not a bad price

Cr7 is out of this world so don't add him to this arguement

Cr7 and Leo Messi are the only old players that can be bought for more than 100 million
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
elyte89:

Going forward after d tournament,whether we triumph or not,I believe its high time we allowed Mikel move on,so we can concentrate on dt PLAYMAKER/AM ROLE SOLN once and for all,his stay in our team,seems not to allow dt area to b well worked on,ogu will definitely won't b considered again,whether rohr stays or not

For musa...well dts a 50/50 chance,

I would av loved ighalo to b eased out of d national team too,provided nacho up his game and rediscover his mojo back,we can't rely only on untested osimhen and a flop nacho as d solution to our number 9 position

If not ighalo might still b called upon if things doesn't change...d likes of (odey,awoniyi,ajayi and co), to me are not better options smiley

Very apt; Mikel time definitely up so is also Ighalo , Ogu and Musa. Musa is definitely going because he has done his best and its time to take a bow....He can't bench Kalu , Chukwueze nor Onyekuru ....Only sentiment make Rohr play him. Plus, he is not a captain material.

Balogun need to watch it after this tournament, so is Ekong. Shehu should also start parking his bags because when Ebuehi returns and Aina is also playing well then he will be forced out.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2019
darkelf:

Not just Mikel but I also think the likes of Musa, Ogu, Ighalo (some may not like this but he is equally very inconsistent), Balogun (I think his career may be on a downward trend after this tourney unless he proves us wrong), Akpeyi (he would never get over his shaky shaky mentality..let's face it). These guys should leave for younger and better players to take their place.

No need to be soft on Ighalo abeg..he is a poor striker in the GWG... Very.inconsistent...

Some people seem to forget that he was dropped from the team due to his poor performances and Iheanacho's form back then... He retuned to the team against Cameroon and scorer one beautiful goal before going AWOL again..Squandered 2 good chance to help us get a point (or beat ) Argentina at the world cup...
I was just lucky that Rohr gave him another chance..Rohr had the chance to try Osimhen, Awoniyi,Odey and even Onyekuru as strikers but he decided to stick with Ighalo. . Imagine if the Yakubu treatment had been given to him!!

Make he retire after the AFCON abeg.. We have had enough...
Rohr dy mad self..Leaving a 20 goal striker in one of Europe's top 10 league on the bench for 270 mins ...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2019
comodo:
Imagine SA dey bully Morocco and my SE go dey play jack in d box with Madagascar.

Sa bully Morocco and Morocco collect 3 points is that one bully ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

Madagascar gave no space, and when you don't give space to run Musa has very poor interchange play

Football is moving beyond Adama Traore kind of wingers, we should be looking towards technical wingers like Onyekuru

Lol....We should set the team to play like Musa. Does Southgate know how Nigeria plays ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

If you can contribute goals and assists like Zaha does 90 million is not a bad price
Are you seriously asking that? Have you seen CR7 numbers?? How many players CR7 age put ups those kind of numbers??
Mahrez an ex pfa player of the year went for 65m last season. Zaha has never performed anywhere close to peak Mahrez yet he should be worth 90m?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
andrew444:

Sterling under pep Issa bomb

Gnabry of Bayern is not doing bad

Should I also remind you of the bigger boys mbappe and Neymar ? They play as wingers for psg

For you to compare Zaha to Gnabry is an insult

Mbappe plays as a striker you can't compare him to Zaha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2019
darkelf:

Not just Mikel but I also think the likes of Musa, Ogu, Ighalo (some may not like this but he is equally very inconsistent), Balogun (I think his career may be on a downward trend after this tourney unless he proves us wrong), Akpeyi (he would never get over his shaky shaky mentality..let's face it). These guys should leave for younger and better players to take their place.

Ighalo is already 30

I don't see him going to another tournament with the young strikers we have
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
komekn:

I don't agree with you.

But l would say that an astute, forward thinking and intelligent coach. Will tactically structure his team to bring out the best of the attributes of his individual players. That's what he is there to do to create effective team cohesion for competitive advantage.

Musa is possibly one of the fastest forward players in Africa.

We should set the team up to play to his strengths not the other way round. Expect him to play like Zaha when that's not his unique skill set.

It's a failing of the management of the team not the player.
You need a very mobile forward for that to work. Ighalo is hit and miss.
Musa is still important. Onyekuru will eventually replace him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2019
Danielnino00:

No need to be soft on Ighalo abeg..he is a poor striker in the GWG... Very.inconsistent...

Some people seem to forget that he was dropped from the team due to his poor performances and Iheanacho's form back then... He retuned to the team against Cameroon and scorer one beautiful goal before going AWOL again..Squandered 2 good chance to help us get a point (or beat ) Argentina at the world cup...
I was just lucky that Rohr gave him another chance..Rohr had the chance to try Osimhen, Awoniyi,Odey and even Onyekuru as strikers but he decided to stick with Ighalo. . Imagine if the Yakubu treatment had been given to him!!

Make he retire after the AFCON abeg.. We have had enough...
Rohr dy mad self..Leaving a 20 goal striker in one of Europe's top 10 league on the bench for 270 mins ...

No need to press on, everybody here knows Ighalo is a crappy striker. He has nothing to offer...Strong and skillful but cant score a goal, unless penalty or in China.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
Danielnino00:

U have no idea how much I love the super eagles... I've tried to be soft in my criticism of rohr cus he is still the coach.I gotta support him..But ain't putting any optimism in his abilities..

That evening when we played Croatia at the world cup,immediately I saw the lineup I knew the man was crazy.. Which sane coach will play 5. pre world cup friendlies all of which showed which formation best suited the team against bigger oppositions and the best players for each role...yet he started with a 4-3-3 and used Shehu as RB and Iwobi on the wing... u have no idea how mad I was. then come Argentina game...

The last one was the south Africa game.. imagine us parking the bus against South Africa! Odikwa!!

I'm.still supporting this team with all my heart . but if we don't make it to the final Rohr must go!! The last time we were fortunate to have such a talented squad was in the 1990s and we utilized them well..We didn't win the world cup,yes but we were feared across Africa and beyond!!
Rohr shouldn't come and spoil this team for us!!

bro I sincerely agree with I watched the post match interview today Mikel was so remorseful I even pity the guys ekong not only ekong sef all the player interviewed promise to learn from this defeat and make positive changes..... rohr has been good all this while I don't what came over him I believe the team is having sleepless night if you notice most of the players are no longer on any social media except from some unserious dude like ogu the rest are jex training I believe rohr and the team is a beast yet to be unleashed no matter how good the team we're facing they won't go unpunished if you see the heavy critics on the social media nah today I know say nairalander they gentle oooo for Instagram dey no temper justice with mercy oooooo

in conclusion I expect the absolute best from the super eagle as soon as AFCON end rohr will find a suitable attacking midfielder for the team I trust him for that no coach can coach this team the way rohr has been coaching the team despite the politics the dude is trying his best and should be acknowledged

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

Zaha is in arguably the best winger in EPL possibly Europe

90 million is not too much for him, Dembele was bought for 120 million
Una even dey think at all before una type a times? angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

Oga mbappe play as a winger and not a striker ,this is simple and clear ,cavani is psg striker and no one can take that away from him

I said gnabry is not doing badly

I didn't mention Leroy sane ,ryad mahrez? Sorry these 2 guys can win matches for you and I will take them over zaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

What's the insult? Gnabry was Bayern Munich's player of the season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2019
alekside:
Una even dey think at all before una type a times? angry angry angry

I just dey look am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2019
Barryseal:

Lol

Na Epl e dey watch only

I don't want to compare them

But I know why I Mentio gnabry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2019
andrew444:

Cr7 is out of this world so don't add him to this arguement

Cr7 and Leo Messi are the only old players that can be bought for more than 100 million

Hazard is 28 but he was bought for 100 million +

Zaha is 27 with identical numbers of returns (despite playing for a lesser club) and you say 90 million is too much for him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

I'm enjoying the argument between the two of you.

But dude, are you kidding me. Why mention CR7, who is a 5 times balloon d'or in your argument. Are you saying he's not worth 100million even at 34?

CR7 and Messi are the only players at their age that any Rich club will buy at an outrageous price, even at their age. Those two guys don't even need to kick a ball before those clubs get their money back because of their commercial value.

Oga, commot CR7 from your argument , and continue the conversation with the other guy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
andrew444:

Oga mbappe play as a winger and not a striker ,this is simple and clear ,cavani is psg striker and no one can take that away from him

I said gnabry is not doing badly

I didn't mention Leroy sane ,ryad mahrez? Sorry these 2 guys can win matches for you and I will take them over zaha

Win matches you say? Zaha scored 10 assisted 5 and won 10 penalties for Crystal Palace that's the meaning of winning matches

I can't remember Man city depending on Sane or Mahrez for such
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
timay:

I'm enjoying the argument between the two of you.

But dude, are you kidding me. Why mention CR7, who is a 5 times balloon d'or in your argument. Are you saying he's not worth 100million even at 34?

CR7 and Messi are the only players at their age that any Rich club will buy at an outrageous price, even at their age. Those two guys don't even need to kick a ball before those clubs get their money back because of their commercial value.

Oga, commot CR7 from your argument , and continue the conversation with the other guy

Hazard at 28 was bought for 100+ and his not much off than Zaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
edi287:

Are you seriously asking that? Have you seen CR7 numbers?? How many players CR7 age put ups those kind of numbers??
Mahrez an ex pfa player of the year went for 65m last season. Zaha has never performed anywhere close to peak Mahrez yet he should be worth 90m?

No mind the guy.

Even the young guys of today can't put up CR7 numbers despite the fact that CR7 don old. It's only few if them like Mbappe and co. that can do CR7 numbers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
Kalu, Osimhen, Chukwueze and Onyekuru are new to GWG but these are guys when are very confident, can score many goals and good with ball on their feet but they are wasting on the bench. Why ? Because we must play Ighalo and Musa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
Barryseal:

If Zaha goes to Bayern Munich he won't do much to be player of the season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

Win matches you say? Zaha scored 10 assisted 5 and won 10 penalties for Crystal Palace that's the meaning of winning matches

I can't remember Man city depending on Sane or Mahrez for such

Mancity depended on sane last season that he won the Epl young player of the year ,he had more than 10 assists and more than 10 goals

Mahrez is new at mancity ,Bernardo Silva made sane has less playing time this season

You didn't watch mahrez at Leicester city ,I think he hit double figures of goals for 2 consecutive seasons

Mancity depended on sane last season so much ,not this season that just ended ,I can show you the stats if you want
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2019
andrew444:

Mancity depended on sane last season that he won the Epl young player of the year ,he had more than 10 assists and more than 10 goals

Mahrez is new at mancity ,Bernardo Silva made sane has less playing time this season

You didn't watch mahrez at Leicester city ,I think he hit double figures of goals for 2 consecutive seasons

Mancity depended on sane last season so much ,not this season that just ended ,I can show you the stats if you want

Zaha pulled off similar numbers despite playing in a weaker side

There is every guarantee that if Zaha plays with Aubameyang and Lacazette he will pull better numbers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

Hazard is 28 but he was bought for 100 million +

Zaha is 27 with identical numbers of returns (despite playing for a lesser club) and you say 90 million is too much for him?

Hazard is not 33 nah

If hazard hit 30 he cannever be bought for even 100

Don't compare hazard and zaha ,hazard is better than zaha

90 million is 2 much for zaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

If Zaha goes to Bayern Munich he won't do much to be player of the season

Bayern must be stupid not to go for him, instead they are dropping 80M for Sane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

Zaha pulled off similar numbers despite playing in a weaker side

There is every guarantee that if Zaha plays with Aubameyang and Lacazette he will pull better numbers

Zaha is a good player ,if you should remember I called him world class here ?

But sorry bro those players I mentioned are better than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2019
Barryseal:

Bayern must be stupid not to go for him, instead they are dropping 80M for Sane.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
andrew444:

Hazard is not 33 nah

If hazard hit 30 he cannever be bought for even 100

Don't compare hazard and zaha ,hazard is better than zaha

90 million is 2 much for zaha

Hmm because he's African right?

Hazard has one of his best seasons last season but he wasn't far off from Zaha playing for Crystal Palace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2019
OMANBALA1:
Kalu, Osimhen, Chukwueze and Onyekuru are new to GWG but these are guys when are very confident, can score many goals and good with ball on their feet but they are wasting on the bench. Why ? Because we must play Ighalo and Musa

I feel for osimhen expecially onyekuru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
Barryseal:

It's hard to be seen when your playing for Crystal Palace but Crystal Palace won't value him at 90 million if he's not worth it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6406) (6407) (6408) (6409) (6410) (6411) (6412) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: morhsuud22(m), Odunayaw(m), humility33(m), ekehopp2, elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.