Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11677075 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6409) (6410) (6411) (6412) (6413) (6414) (6415) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
elyte89:

Chriskel... Am still sticking out my neck on eagles

We re getting to d finals...hopefully we will lift d trophy smiley

No u re not, u rather are sticking out ur neck for Ighalo hoping he would clean up the mud he has pelted ur face with grin

With Ighalo and that amentia we call a coach, we aint got no business being in this AFCON.

U guys deluded urselves thinking Ighalo would suddenly turn a new leaf, in so doing, y'all swept under the carpet his well documented prodigalities in front of the post, it's dawn on y'all that after all, Chriskels was right to have said earlier that the bromance btwn una Iggy boy and Rohr was nothing buh a pig on lip sticks. I remember how the kids in here were weeping bitterly whenever I told them prior this tourney that Ighalo was a misfit, a certain psychopat even called me an idiot for saying that grin

People wont learn, they have started again by not calling a spade what it is, instead of criticising Rohr for his short comings, they are here once again, saying Rohr was a great man-manager but a poor coach, but, to me, he is neither a good manager nor a good coach. No Sane manager will criticise his player publicily, the way he did. We thought the one with KC was a one off, he is still treading that same path now with Chuks, Onyekuru and Osimhen. I believe u saw his response when quizzed on his decision to sideline the three youngsters.

Ighalo =useless
Rohr =useless

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bunique: 10:48pm On Jul 01, 2019
musa is just 26 and still in his prime. he is one of the most patriotic and loyal super eagles player who has always made himself available whenever being called upon. musa should be respected and be seen as model for upcoming players in the super eagles. Besides there is a reason musa has survived several coaches in the SE, he has a unique quality.
the way I say it, it will be difficult for any SE coach to completely discard Musa.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

It's hard to be seen when your playing for Crystal Palace but Crystal Palace won't value him at 90 million if he's not worth it
Mahrez transfered to City for 60M. Is Zaha better than Mahrez? Not in a million years. Mind you, Crystal Palace and Leicester City are midtable clubs, basically at the same level. So what are you saying?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
Southampton have signed Che Adams so no David Okereke then

Cc Charlesemeka85

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2019
Bunique:
musa is just 26 and still in his prime. he is one of the most patriotic and loyal super eagles player who has always made himself available whenever being called upon. musa should be respected and be seen as model for upcoming players in the super eagles. Besides there is a reason musa has survived several coaches in the SE, he has a unique quality.
the way I say it, it will be difficult for any SE coach to completely discard Musa.

Garba Lawal comes to mind...lmao. Every year the guy dey line up mana afuro ife ona agba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
Barryseal:

Mahrez transfered to City for 60M. Is Zaha better than Mahrez? Not in a million years. Mind you, Crystal Palace and Leicester City are midtable clubs, basically at the same level. So what are you saying?

So many things brought down Mahrez value to 60mill

1) He was experiencing a slump in form when he was bought

2) He was at loggerheads with Leicester

3)City’s bargaining capacity brought down his price

Comparing Mahrez to Zaha is a matter of opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2019
Danielnino00:

The things we keep seeing on this thread grin

U better refund the money Kayode paid u...U have obviously been doing a very shabby promotion campaign for him here grin

Imagine saying the UEFA champions league is a bigger league than the laliga.. I mean what's the sense in that? grin . The UCL is a continental tournament while the laliga is a national tournament... grin ..I thought u would use ur normal style of using UEFA coefficient ranking but here u are comparing orange and lime grin ..

Only one without common sense can argue that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2019
Danielnino00:

The things we keep seeing on this thread grin

U better refund the money Kayode paid u...U have obviously been doing a very shabby promotion campaign for him here grin

Imagine saying the UEFA champions league is a bigger league than the laliga.. I mean what's the sense in that? grin . The UCL is a continental tournament while the laliga is a national tournament... grin ..I thought u would use ur normal style of using UEFA coefficient ranking but here u are comparing orange and lime grin ..

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Hope you understand what the league stands for.

Like I said, think before you make senseless comments.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

No u re not, u rather are sticking out ur neck for Ighalo hoping he would clean up the mud he has pelted ur face with grin

With Ighalo and that amentia we call a coach, we aint got no business being in this AFCON.

U guys deluded urselves thinking Ighalo would suddenly turn a new leaf, in so doing, y'all swept under the carpet his well documented prodigalities in front of the post, it's dawn on y'all that after all, Chriskels was right to have said earlier that the bromance btwn una Iggy boy and Rohr was nothing buh a pig on lip sticks. I remember how the kids in here were weeping bitterly whenever I told them prior this tourney that Ighalo was a misfit, a certain psychopat even called me an idiot for saying that grin

People wont learn, they have started again by not calling a spade what it is, instead of criticising Rohr for his short comings, they are here once again, saying Rohr was a great man-manager but a poor coach, but, to me, he is neither a good manager nor a good coach. No Sane manager will criticise his player publicily, the way he did. We thought the one with KC was a one off, he is still treading that same path now with Chuks, Onyekuru and Osimhen. I believe u saw his response when quizzed on his decision to sideline the three youngsters.

Ighalo =useless
Rohr =useless
Please what was his response?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 11:23pm On Jul 01, 2019
Earthquake3:

So many things brought down Mahrez value to 60mill

1) He was experiencing a slump in form when he was bought

2) He was at loggerheads with Leicester

3)City’s bargaining capacity brought down his price

Comparing Mahrez to Zaha is a matter of opinion

Mahrez has won the Epl player of the season and African player of the year award. I haven't checked Zahas record, but I suspect he hasn't matched that record, as a matter of fact not opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2019
Barryseal:

Mahrez has won the Epl player of the season and African player of the year award. I haven't checked Zahas record, but I suspect he hasn't matched that record, as a matter of fact not opinion.

Mahrez had a wonderful season in an Epl winning team , Zaha has performed consistently in a longer period of time

Zaha's last two seasons has been better than Mahrez's
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2019
zoboizee:
Rohr will continue to create new records.

Wait oo our 2000 and 2001 squad played Madagascar 0-0 and 1-0... Hiaaan dem good b dat oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2019
Danielnino00:

Saturday not Friday...

Thx for the correction. Some idiot on supersport said Friday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:50pm On Jul 01, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Thx for the correction. Some idiot on supersport said Friday.

Bros, you no get chill ooo. It was probably a South-African analyst that said so

grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2019
ChrisKels:

Happy birthday man, more zeros to ur balance
Wish you same Bro... Thanks a million
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Wow.... Ankrah of Nairaland... Happy birthday to you too man... Oya make a wish... I don't trust Darkelf.... He fit drop one Kain wish against My Super Eagles naa.... So I choose you... Make a wish my good man.... wink

My wish is to have PEP GUARDIOLA as the chief coach of our darling SUPER EAGLES... Hahahahaha
biko is This too much to ask?
We have what we need to play free flowing attack minded football..please can you recommend a sound coach to the NFF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:01am On Jul 02, 2019
minfelix:

Wait oo our 2000 and 2001 squad played Madagascar 0-0 and 1-0... Hiaaan dem good b dat oo
Rohr no get shame at all.. Poor selecció cost ús t'he game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 12:04am On Jul 02, 2019
Earthquake3:

Mahrez had a wonderful season in an Epl winning team , Zaha has performed consistently in a longer period of time

Zaha's last two seasons has been better than Mahrez's

Mahrez is 28,just 1 yr older than Zaha but he has achieved what Zaha may not achieve in a life time. The question about who is better shouldn't even be in the discussion.

Mahrez last season in the Epl scored 7 goals and 4 assists in 1330 mins while Zaha scored 10 and 5 assists in 3000+ mins. That is Zaha scored 3 more goals and 1 more assist than Mahrez in twice the number of minutes. This doesn't show in anyway Zaha had the better season in Mahrez supposed bad outing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:18am On Jul 02, 2019
Barryseal:

Mahrez is 28,just 1 yr older than Zaha but he has achieved what Zaha may not achieve in a life time. The question about who is better shouldn't even be in the discussion.

Mahrez last season in the Epl scored 7 goals and 4 assists in 1330 mins while Zaha scored 10 and 5 assists in 3000+ mins. That is Zaha scored 3 more goals and 1 more assist than Mahrez in twice the number of minutes. This doesn't show in anyway Zaha had the better season in Mahrez supposed bad outing.

Zaha won 10 penalties and if he took them he would have been on 18-20 goals

Mahrez on the other hand was playing for a free scoring Man city side
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 12:23am On Jul 02, 2019
Earthquake3:

Zaha won 10 penalties and if he took them he would have been on 18-20 goals

Mahrez on the other hand was playing for a free scoring Man city side
How many of them were blatant dives? He won't get away with some of those calls with VAR coming on board next season.
Bottom line is Mahrez has been the more productive player over the years for an equally midtable club.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:46am On Jul 02, 2019
Barryseal:

How many of them were blatant dives? He won't get away with some of those calls with VAR coming on board next season.
Bottom line is Mahrez has been the more productive player over the years for an equally midtable club.

Productive? Mahrez have a recipient of brilliant team play both at Leicester (Vardy, Kante, Drinkwater) and Man city
(Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo)

Zaha has had to carry Crystal Palace on his back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:49am On Jul 02, 2019
Barryseal:

As pertaining to diving I can't remember a clear Zaha dive this past season even if he did he didn't do much as Salah

Give the man his due

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:51am On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Ighalo =useless
Rohr =useless

Did he actually criticize those guys publicly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:56am On Jul 02, 2019
nairalandankrah:

My wish is to have PEP GUARDIOLA as the chief coach of our darling SUPER EAGLES... Hahahahaha
biko is This too much to ask?
We have what we need to play free flowing attack minded football..please can you recommend a sound coach to the NFF?

Its alright to dream dreams bro

Who knows, maybe if billionaires like Otedola, Dangote and the likes decide to take charge of the running of our national team, they'll be able to lure the likes of Pep or Enrique or Zidane etc

If only wishes were horses.....

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 12:59am On Jul 02, 2019
Guinea are through to the round of 16 as one of the best 3rd-places teams...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 02, 2019
I read on Twitter that the NFF is reaching out to Arsene Wenger behind closed doors grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:03am On Jul 02, 2019
Bolowolowo:
I read on Twitter that the NFF is reaching out to Arsene Wenger behind closed doors grin grin

Are you for real or just trying to joke around??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfemisgay: 1:21am On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Ighalo =useless
Rohr =useless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:06am On Jul 02, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Did he actually criticize those guys publicly?
Indirectly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 02, 2019
forgiveness:

Only one without common sense can argue that.

Kilagbe ki le ju. Wetin im carry why u dey take sledgehammer kill ant. E no abuse u, egbon you wey suppose be shiny light dey yab person like this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:14am On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

Rohr is just full of excises that are sometimes weird. Imagine leaving Osimhen and onyekuru on the bench because they show off...okay Musa wet no dey show off, wetin be him threat level for ball. Rohr need to leave please. He will take us nowhere. They said he knows how to play African opposition but has struggled so far against the same African opposition.

Abeg, make Rohr begin go back Germany. We are thankful for what he has done so far but we need to look elsewhere
please when and where did Rhor say that those two are showing off
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:20am On Jul 02, 2019
forgiveness:
Like I said before, Amunike is one direction coach. He hasn't learnt from the masters on how to defend.

Just one tactics.
he must be the super eagles coach o, so we can be beating teams 10-0, 8-0 with our 'world class' players

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6409) (6410) (6411) (6412) (6413) (6414) (6415) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.