Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671177 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6412) (6413) (6414) (6415) (6416) (6417) (6418) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

I am not surprised. Pinnick is a passionate Arsenal fan and has been in constant touch with Wenger for years now. As a matter of fact, it was Wenger that recommended Gernot Rohr(who is a good friend of Wenger's) to Pinnick.

Though I'm very skeptical about the chances that Wenger will agree to come out of retirement to coach a team in faraway Africa at his age. Most probably, Pinnick is reaching out to him for another recommendation, if that is the case, then we should expect another French coach soon.

How many years

From when he was Running Warri Wolves or before.

I very much doubt if he has any substantive relationship with Wenger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Pinnick should stop the crap and give Siasia and Amunike the job as coach and assistant. Give them room to deliver.

Finito.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Pinnick should stop the crap and give Siasia and Amunike the job as coach and assistant. Give them room to deliver.

Finito.

I would give neither of them the job they carry all too much baggage allowance of political alliances, favoritism and corruption.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2019
ChrisKels:

Rohr when quizzed on the iedeal of the fantastic youngsters (Osimhen, Chukwueze and especially Onyekuru) he has hasn't given opportunities or enough opportunities so far in this AFCON;

"Of course we would like to see other players but sometimes the attitude of the players in the training sessions, general attitude, they show us that they are not ready for such a big game." angry

Which yeye attitude the man dey talk about here? That was the same language he used to hang Iheanacho

You have always defended Rohr's selection decisions. Why are you complaining about this?

Some of you claimed that some players were not good enough in training that was the reason he never used and even dropped them.

Why is this case different? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.

Two all out attack coaches, na basket we go dey take carry goals both ways o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
mostob:
Gueye , partey and Ndidi ...who has been the best so far of all the 3?
Ndidi IMO

Partey has been worst ,I didn't expect that from a good player like him ,partey always making senseless passes and taking useless shots into the sky
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
Oasis007:
I refrained from dropping Comments since we lost to the Madagascans, coz I wanna avoid being tagged along with; I told you so Crew.

I remember I was the first to call Rohr - white Onighinde after his woeful tactical performance at the World. Rohr is simply good at man-management, tactically he's as same as Aigbogun.

Also, when I said I was still sceptical of Ighalo scoring prowess, I was almost e-lynched. Guess Ighalo has justified his scoring prowess?!

Surprisingly, no one is talking of Rohr and his Boys ish. Had it been Siasia that played a recuperating Kalu at the Expense of a fit Onyekuru/Chukwueze, we wouldn't have read any other Updates on this Thread, except Allegations flying around and condemnation of indigenous Coach, for at least a Week.

I wish the Team best of luck in the next Match.

You think you are the only one that have players you prefer to start ?

Many people should know that I am a fan of onyekuru and I was praying he should get some minutes even if it's 20 minutes but dude got nothing and I can bet you that onyekuru might not kick ball in this competition even if we make it to the semi finals

I just want to support the team ,any player wey rohr use I go support the team ,I can't be here ranting like so many people because some players have not played

We can rant from now till next year the coach doesn't care about our opinion okay

Yes ighalo have not been superb but which forward have been that superb ? Even when onauchu played the first game and have 2 shots on targets some people here where even insulting him that he was so poor as if the guy had sweet passes distributed to him ?

I want to see osimhen play and I beleive he has alot to offer because he is yet to get any minutes but sorry anybody the coach uses i will support than to rant because my favorite player is not playing

Balogun do mistake but there was more ighalo bashing from this thread ,that should tell you alot

Some people can't even wait for next match ,as far as ighalo is starting next game many people will be so happy if we got kick out of the tournament

Make I end here .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:
You think you are the only one that have players you prefer to start ?Many people should know that I am a fan of onyekuru and I was praying he should get some minutes even if it's 20 minutes but dude got nothing and I can bet you that onyekuru might not kick ball in this competition even if we make it to the semi finalsI just want to support the team ,any player wey rohr use I go support the team ,I can't be here ranting like so many people because some players have not playedWe can rant from now till next year the coach doesn't care about our opinion okay Yes ighalo have not been superb but which forward have been that superb ? Even when onauchu played the first game and have 2 shots on targets some people here where even insulting him that he was so poor as if the guy had sweet passes distributed to him ?I want to see osimhen play and I beleive he has alot to offer because he is yet to get any minutes but sorry anybody the coach uses i will support than to rant because my favorite player is not playing Balogun do mistake but there was more ighalo bashing from this thread ,that should tell you alot Some people can't even wait for next match ,as far as ighalo is starting next game many people will be so happy if we got kick out of the tournament Make I end here .

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
forgiveness:

You have always defended Rohr's selection decisions. Why are you complaining about this?

Some of you claimed that some players were not good enough in training that was the reason he never used and even dropped them.

Why is this case different? undecided

Substantiate this bogus claim, or spare me the rubbish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Horus(m): 12:29pm On Jul 02, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2jFqDJflho

Super Eagles Coach, Gernot Rohr wants a reaction from Super Eagles after Madagascar beatdown
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2019

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2019
Trophy or not, no sentiments here.... This afcon should be his last with us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
BREAKING: Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach

Una don see this one

https://www.independent.ng/breaking-rohr-on-verge-of-sack-as-super-eagles-coach/#
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

Partey has been worst ,I didn't expect that from a good player like him ,partey always making senseless passes and taking useless shots into the sky
Lolz... and some people here once claimed he is better than Ndidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2019
I have always been a passionate Rohr defender but I don't think he has the ideas to move us forward from here, I think he has reached his glass ceiling

Even if he may be sacked I want him to retain some relationship with the team because he is the only one who can keep the SE together for 3 years without rancour, without fighting and without players being disgruntled or refusing call ups

I await the decision of the NFF

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ManBeast: 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2019
Our last two world cup matches against Argentina, Marcos rojo has scored the winning goals, 3 - 2 and 2 - 1...

Marcos rojo parents gave birth to him just to bring sorrow and gnashing of teeth to us Nigerians. embarassed embarassed embarassed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2019
mostob:
Lolz... and some people here once claimed he is better than Ndidi.

He is not better than Ndidi as far as defensive midfield is concerned

Maybe right back or attacking midfield because partey is versatile
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
ManBeast:
Our last two world cup matches against Argentina, Marcos rojo has scored the winning goals, 3 - 2 and 2 - 1...

Marcos rojo parents gave birth to him just to bring sorrow and gnashing of teeth to us Nigerians. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Lol

Bros cool down jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Drtega: 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
cry why do want to distract the S.E with all these sack Stuff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
Earthquake3:
I have always been a passionate Rohr defender but I don't think he has the ideas to move us forward from here, I think he has reached his glass ceiling

Even if he may be sacked I want him to retain some relationship with the team because he is the only one who can keep the SE together for 3 years without rancour, without fighting and without players being disgruntled or refusing call ups

I await the decision of the NFF

Not that I really rate him or he is that a good coach

But Suddenly after loosing against Madagascar he should be sacked

Same thing happened when he lost to sa

I remember when una no fit qualify for afcon o

Anyway what do I know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kingdavid778: 1:14pm On Jul 02, 2019
safarigirl:
i haven't tried that route, however, people make money off it. There are certain groups people join for the FPL that have prize money and sometimes, people stake bets

Are you on Twitter?
Are you are football enthusiast, analyst, pundit or just a lover of the game?
Exploit your passion, put your technical prowess & astute knowledge of the round leather game
into veritable use and have loads of fun while doing so
Join our exciting and rewarding fantasy premier league - *The Riverbed VIP League*

1 League
40 players
38 weekly prizes
4 grand finale winners

*Features*
*Weeekly prizes and accolades
*Connect and rub minds with other great football lovers
*Prize winner every week
*4 overall winners

Contact: Whatsapp- 08170065678 | twitter -@Riverbedleague | email- Riverbedfpl@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2019
Hi all.

So I want to do a little survey to know what percentage are still in support of Rohr.

For me, the romance is over. He lost my support after the Madagascar game.

Here we go folks.

Click like if you think Rohr should remain as our manager irrespective of the outcome of this AFCON.

Click share if you think he should go!

Thanks for participating.

2 Likes 20 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kingdavid778: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
Earthquake3:
Do you make money from Fantasy premier league

I want to start it, cc Safarigirl

Are you are football enthusiast, analyst, pundit or just a lover of the game?
Exploit your passion, put your technical prowess & astute knowledge of the round leather game
into veritable use and have loads of fun while doing so
Join our exciting and rewarding fantasy premier league - *The Riverbed VIP League*

1 League
40 players
38 weekly prizes
4 grand finale winners

*Features*
*Weekly prizes and accolades
*Connect and rub minds with other great football lovers
*Prize winner every week
*4 overall winners

Contact: Whatsapp- 08170065678 | twitter -@Riverbedleague | email- Riverbedfpl@gmail.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:50pm On Jul 02, 2019
andrew444:

You think you are the only one that have players you prefer to start ?

Many people should know that I am a fan of onyekuru and I was praying he should get some minutes even if it's 20 minutes but dude got nothing and I can bet you that onyekuru might not kick ball in this competition even if we make it to the semi finals

I just want to support the team ,any player wey rohr use I go support the team ,I can't be here ranting like so many people because some players have not played

We can rant from now till next year the coach doesn't care about our opinion okay

Yes ighalo have not been superb but which forward have been that superb ? Even when onauchu played the first game and have 2 shots on targets some people here where even insulting him that he was so poor as if the guy had sweet passes distributed to him ?

I want to see osimhen play and I beleive he has alot to offer because he is yet to get any minutes but sorry anybody the coach uses i will support than to rant because my favorite player is not playing

Balogun do mistake but there was more ighalo bashing from this thread ,that should tell you alot

Some people can't even wait for next match ,as far as ighalo is starting next game many people will be so happy if we got kick out of the tournament

Make I end here .
No one saw the Balogun mistake. Even Ekong made the same. Waiting for d ball. Why will a player be waiting for d ball. Blaming Ogu for passing to Balogun where as d same Balogun raised his hand for d ball. Ighalo did all he could do in that game. No single correct pass to him. No one has called out Musa that ran and left the ball twice or kalu that didn't send even one ball or Mikel that forgets what he wants to do with the ball. Pls let's cut Iggy some slack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2019
If you stand for nothing you fall for everything. If you never stand out you can never be outstanding.

Learn not to jump on the bandwagon of widespread opinion rather, learn to have an independent objective opinion.

Rohr has not done anything deserving of a sack and those who have said he should leave will turn back to hail him and say that he should be retained if He wins the Cup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
iSlayer:
If you stand for nothing you fall for everything. If you never stand out you can never be outstanding.

Learn not to jump on the bandwagon of widespread opinion rather, learn to have an independent objective opinion.

Rohr has not done anything deserving of a sack and those who have said he should leave will turn back to hail him and say that he should be retained if He wins the Cup.

You guys can dream. When would ye wake up from thy slumber?

People calling for his sack is due to his antecedents at major tournaments. Not because of Madagascar.

Rohr has no tactical mind..nothing to offer technically

I want you to be objective. Weighing his antecedents and the teams performance so far, do you think Rohr can win?

Do you think he should remain?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2019
Rohr should play 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1. We need two strikers upfront.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2019
The funny thing is in trainings that have been reported the reserve team beats the first team

And Rohr fields the first team and wonders why we don't win matches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
darkelf:

You guys can dream. When would ye wake up from thy slumber?

People calling for his sack is due to his antecedents at major tournaments. Not because of Madagascar.

Rohr has no tactical mind..nothing to offer technically

I want you to be objective. Weighing his antecedents and the teams performance so far, do you think Rohr can win?

Do you think he should remain?

Oga excuse me you're the who's asleep, they did not call for his sack after he won his first 2 games. It was after the Madagascar game. Talking about his antecedents at tournaments, what antecedents?! Talk about these "antecedents" so we understand. If Rohr flips the squad and throws in Onyekuru, Chukwueze et al do you consider he can still lose that game? I know what you and the rest will say then, you will say that the whole squad is useless or they're not patriotic or they're all mercenaries or they don't transfer their club form to national team or Rohr sold the match to the mama put he's shagging bla bla bla.

There are only few football analysts here with the majority being fanatics.

I don't know if Rohr can win but I know he didn't come to sell snuff and schnapps, he came to compete. Didn't Tottenham make the UCL final ahead of Barcelona and Man City? Wait for the man to fail before you go guns blazing. You don't put the Cart before the Horse. I'm amazed at how narrow minded supposedly educated people can be. So to respond to your question, yes he should, until finally he fails.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
comodo:

No one saw the Balogun mistake. Even Ekong made the same. Waiting for d ball. Why will a player be waiting for d ball. Blaming Ogu for passing to Balogun where as d same Balogun raised his hand for d ball. Ighalo did all he could do in that game. No single correct pass to him. No one has called out Musa that ran and left the ball twice or kalu that didn't send even one ball or Mikel that forgets what he wants to do with the ball. Pls let's cut Iggy some slack.

Thank you bro

I am glad you understand my point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:57pm On Jul 02, 2019
iSlayer:

Oga excuse me you're the who's asleep, they did not call for his sack after he won his first 2 games. It was after the Madagascar game. Talking about his antecedents at tournaments, what antecedents?! Talk about these "antecedents" so we understand. If Rohr flips the squad and throws in Onyekuru, Chukwueze et al do you consider he can still lose that game? I know what you and the rest will say then, you will say that the whole squad is useless or they're not patriotic or they're all mercenaries or they don't transfer their club form to national team or Rohr sold the match to the mama put he's shagging bla bla bla.

There are only few football analysts here with the majority being fanatics.

I don't know if Rohr can win but I know he didn't come to sell snuff and schnapps, he came to compete. Didn't Tottenham make the UCL final ahead of Barcelona and Man City? Wait for the man to fail before you go guns blazing. You don't put the Cart before the Horse. I'm amazed at how narrow minded supposedly educated people can be. So to respond to your question, yes he should, until finally he fails.

Well said bro

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
Earthquake3:
The funny thing is in trainings that have been reported the reserve team beats the first team

And Rohr fields the first team and wonders why we don't win matches

Just as you where there in the training nah

They should Kukuma bench all the first team and play the reserve team

I will still bet my money you will still complain

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6412) (6413) (6414) (6415) (6416) (6417) (6418) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, Odunayaw(m), Ajd19 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.