Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11632537 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6477) (6478) (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) (6483) ... (16138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
gbam

Danielnino00:

@ the bolded... so do I... our win today was more due to the player's determination than the coach's tactics...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
chidexxy007:
Thats what is vexing me the more.. Useless height
grin Henry would have done better.. anyway that has passed... let's move on...hope the man have enough sense to beat Egypt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
Noooo he is the worst striker ever to put on our colors
Rockyrascal:
Odion ighalo as now scored 10 goals in his last 10 games for the super eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
Games against Cameroon are always more than a game. For those of us that swallowed the bitter pills of 84, 88 and 2000 AFCONs each time we beat Cameroon it is always more than a win for us. grin

Still in a dancing mood. I no get time for arguments yet.

He's a miracle working God.......
He's a miracle working God.......
He's an Alfa and Omega
He's a miracle working God...... cheesy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
Rockyrascal:
Chukwueze as the ability to dribble and create chances at the right time. Is ball control and bite is also breath taking....moses Simon only as one.

Oil dey ur head buh please learn how to add the letter H, where it is due.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
Ighalo is our top scorer coming to this AFCON. That clearly means he is the best striker we have.. We said the same thing when Iheanacho had the stats to his favor.
However I want to see Osimhen come in for Ighalo. I won't play Onuachu if we do not have wingers that spring crosses.

TheSuperNerd:
Even if all he scored today were penalties or tap-ins... Who cares? Penghalo or not.... My own is this: HE GOT THE JOB DONE AND THAT IS WHY ROHR MUST PLAY OUR MOST LETHAL CREATIVE WEAPONS LIKE CHUKWUEZE who can open up defences with his movements, trickery and his mere presence to create chances upon chances.

Ighalo delivered today and I am glad. He was always going to start and just needed to be fed. I keep saying it... Give him as many chances so that even if he flunks some, we won't have to talk about it because he scored the rest.

Ighalo stepped up indeed and showed "his red eye" as he promised he will show.
Unlike a certain Niang Chriskels once said is better than Iggy. Bia Chriskels..Your lobotomy schedule is drawing closer. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Even if all he scored today were penalties or tap-ins... Who cares? Penghalo or not.... My own is this: HE GOT THE JOB DONE AND THAT IS WHY ROHR MUST PLAY OUR MOST LETHAL CREATIVE WEAPONS LIKE CHUKWUEZE who can open up defences with his movements, trickery and his mere presence to create chances upon chances.

Ighalo delivered today and I am glad. He was always going to start and just needed to be fed. I keep saying it... Give him as many chances so that even if he flunks some, we won't have to talk about it because he scored the rest.

Unlike a certain Niang Chriskels once said is better than Iggy. Bia Chriskels..Your lobotomy schedule is drawing closer. grin

he would gotten an hat trick...today and that would have been so good for his confidence.
good we are rearing to meet Egypt' with this confidence and mind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
Joebie:
what's a fair weather fan?.. i've never stood against the team.. i've only called a spade a spade.. if they dont play well, I say it. Rohr does not inspire my confidence finito
The match could have gone either way. But that was my prediction based on what I saw so far in the group stage.

To them, calling a spade a spade means you're not patriotic. They just lack common understanding

To me, we were very lucky today. I'm not taking away the fact that the guys fought but tactically, we were very poor. Rohr isn't bringing out the best from this guys. Whilst some of our players are average, a better coach would do better with this team because truthfully, Cameroon was equally poor.

We better step up in the next round or we may be bundles out. It gets tougher from here on out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
naturecures:

important thing is, he came in, ball changed

You're very right. I'm not taking that away from him

Simon Moses may must have lost his starting spot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
Subbing out Simon for Chukwueze early was the best change Rohr ever made since that Argentina friendly ..

Chukwueze could have had 2/3 assists today...
If we are facing Egypt in the QF, he should start abeg....

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2019
tbaba1234:

Anyone who watched Awaziem in France know how good he is.
I saw him in France and this past season too. My boy na real KPOM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Lol

My broda I troll them by calling him penghalo because na one guy here give am dat name as Na only penalty dem say e dey score
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2019
Earthquake3:

He has the U23 coach and other assistants

My problem is do they have any input?
if you've watched that under 23 coach talk..you will get to know that he is another Rohr in a dark skin....

sanusi yusuf was tactical better from the chan team I saw him handle oooh.
but him accepting bribe is way of the mark
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:

You're very right. I'm not taking that away from him
Simon Moses may must have lost his starting spot
he lost it long time ago.... just for rohr to discover that....
and I just wanna see Henry come in for musa... at least 10-20mins sub
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
To be honest this Cameroon too was very weak in group stage and still the weakest Cameroon team I ve ever seen, yet we still struggled to beat them. This means that we are not much better than them.

Our next opponent, if it will be Egypt is going to be tough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2019
I have been criticizing the technical crew most of the times. I've hardly singled out a player for criticisms. That says a lot that I want this team to win. But a lot falls to the technical crew if we must win this cup or play well at least.
Let's see who is next. But i'm hoping that the players' chemistry will improve from here. That's the only thing i'm banking on
Yes, Cameroon was poor.
darkelf:

To them, calling a spade a spade means you're not patriotic. They just lack common understanding

To me, we were very lucky today. I'm not taking away the fact that the guys fought but tactically, we were very poor. Rohr isn't bringing out the best from this guys. Whilst some of our players are average, a better coach would do better with this team because truthfully, Cameroon was equally poor.

We better step up in the next round or we may be bundles out. It gets tougher from here on out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:

Gbam.

You echoed my mind.

I said it before today that this match would be one by grit and not necessarily tactics. Even though I gave Cameroon the edge, they were simply poorer than Nigeria in this match

Why will you give a crappy Cameroon the edge at first ?

Since 1989 Cameroon have never beaten us through an open play ,yet you give them the edge just because you wanna stand by your negativity

My guy my guy

Smiles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2019
They cried and cried that Iwobi can not play ball against "physical" Cameroon but the Arsenal boy no send them. They said Awaziem doesn't offer anything but the young man is posting good performances in a strange RB position match to match. They lamented that Ighalo's baptismal name is penghalo and he is useless but person papa is now highest goal scorer grin

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2019
Thank you!
SA will not be easy either..
But this is football anything is possible. I'm putting my hope on the players.
sontoly:
To be honest this Cameroon too was very weak in group stage and still the weakest Cameroon team I ve ever seen, yet we still struggled to beat them. This means that we are not much better than them.

Our next opponent, if it will be Egypt is going to be tough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
who saw Kanu's countenance during the game? and now he left Samuel Eto at the spectators sit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
kingphilip:
we really have a thin midfield o

And all this injury out of tournament is not helping matters

Our supposedly make shift DM in Awaziem is already a makeshift RB. Any injury to the midfield going forward will ground us unless we rush a recovering Collins back

I thought Colins was back oo.

To me, Iwobi is a midfielder

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2019
Both teams were poor heading to the knock out stage.. I gave Cameroon the edge because they had not conceded and they have a superior goalkeeper. At least my prediction is based on substance. Did I hope that Nigeria would win, yes. But when it comes to making my opinions known, I'd rather be objective.

andrew444:

Since 1989 Cameroon have never beaten us through an open play ,yet you give them the edge just because you wanna stand by your negativity

My guy my guy

Smiles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Lol isi okpukpu dika gi grin

Bro Ighalo was awesome today. He impressed me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
The moments I found funny during the game ...
---when Kanu was dragging his beard,that look on Eto'o 's face got me LOL
---- When KANU hugged Eto'o after the match, oh my God!! It seems Eto'o wanna cry.

HE WHO LAUGH LAST LAUGH BEST

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
Oasis007:

Aerial Ball, he could not even win..... SMH! Tall for nothing! And Dudes wouldn't stop mentioning his Name prior to his Invitation to the Squad.

He did us another Ogbuche, a big Scam at the moment. Hopefully he's gonna prove me wrong one day.

Congratulations to Ighalo. I ain't a Fan of him, but he did well in the 2nd half.

Negative people will say he did well in the second half as if football scores is only counted in the second half if you comot super eagles first half goal we no go win 3-2 ,maybe we go go extra time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
mostob:
bro..I love your spirit. Damn...I learnt a lesson from you today.

My brother it is the Nigerian spirit but many of us have lost our way. Nobody is saying we are perfect but I will go to my grave saying that Nigeria has the IT factor. We just know how to get the job done under any circumstance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
andrew444:

My guy my guy

Smiles

Cameroon qualified from a much tougher group with a +2 goal difference while not having conceded in any match

The same couldn't be said of us. We had 0 goal difference and conceded two goals against a much weaker team.

Lest I forget, we also have a poor coach. We had also beaten them before so they had a big point to prove

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2019
somehow:

I thought Colins was back oo.

To me, Iwobi is a midfielder
presently our 3 midfielders are Iwobi, Ndidi and Etebo

And injury or suspension to any of them won't do us any good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2019
nelszx:

Guy came in and created 3 goal scoring chances
Musa fluffed his
Ighalo played directly at the keeper
Onana removed one from his net via his corner
Boy is a gem
Anytime he's with the ball 2 players are dragged towards him
Complete gem
Even the south african analyst in the supersports studio could not but adore the lad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lol isi okpukpu dika gi grin

Bro Ighalo was awesome today. He impressed me

Imagine if I started calling you out now for writing off Ighalo...

You ehn... grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2019
You people should stop bashing Paul now....he was brought in to defend set pieces. Though he should have done better,but I wouldn't blame him.
.the state of the match was too overwhelming when he came in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2019
kingphilip:
we really have a thin midfield o

And all this injury out of tournament is not helping matters

Our supposedly make shift DM in Awaziem is already a makeshift RB. Any injury to the midfield going forward will ground us unless we rush a recovering Collins back

It is Rohr's fault for picking just 4 midfielders while poor players like Moses Simon and Onuachu made the team.

But it is too late for all that now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6477) (6478) (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) (6483) ... (16138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, TheGoodJoe(m), Kog45(m), joelsteron, Meliforme, chrisooblog and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.