Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11673783 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) (6483) (6484) (6485) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
Olulong:

really painful.

Our worst AFCON in recent memories.

D fact dat it was Ghana made it so so painful.
we were 1-0 and 1 man up how could we loose such a game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
Eseose9:

naso una go complain even after we win the cup

Yes, you're not wrong

I want Rohr gone, championship or not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
mank1234:

We are here. I'm sure you would have been on our side had Cameroon won
but we believed they wouldn't win while you guys didn't that's the difference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2019
My views on today's game
- d super eagles won dis game due to dere determination, and grit not due to rohr tactical impetus, d only meaningful tin he did was to bring in chukwueze very early in d second half
- contrary to wat pple might tink, dis Cameroonian team is not weak..they quite strong and very skillful unlike other camerounian teams hv seen dat depend majorly on brute strength d likes of bassong, njie, chupo noting are very skillful and
really gave d eagles defence a lot of things to worry abt, dey lost today because dey met an inspired Nigerian team tbh.
- Eagles attack came to d party today especially the much critised ighalo, u could see his intent right from d blast of d whistle DAT he wanted to shut up his critics tonight, d way he dropped off to d middle to take d ball and lay it off for his teammates rather Dan remain up top and be marked out by d physically imposing centrebks, to me was d turning point in dis match
- D Nigerian midfield trio of nddi, etebo and iwobi really ran themselves to d ground today, I tink d reason why iwobi was not in d game in d first half, was because etebo and ndidi were not playing through to him instead deywere bypassing him wit hopeful long balls to d wings, he came to d party in d second half wen dey started working with him in d middle and he made a decisive contribution with DAT goal, to me it was a job well done for iwobi today.
- chukwueze is a gem, d young man created 3 clear cut chances DAT should HV ended up in d back of d net, as for onachu I dont tink we have d players DAT can put in descent crosses for him to exploit, so I tink osimen should b a better option..all in all it was a good game for d super eagles...kudos

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2019
Just heard kanu's interview on radio. He said the boys were panicking but imediately they got their confidence back the game was there for the taking.

The question is why our boys so fearful? This was what cost the game against argentina.

Our boys were not this fearful under keshi and they are not as good as this current team

This is why i want rohr out. We deserve better

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2019
NGA 1:0 Cam
Nigerians: goalllllllllll,we go kee you today
Cameroon Scores
Nigerias: Make Thunder Fire the goalkeeper
Cameroon Scores Again
Nigerians: pls off the TV
# HT
Nigeria Scores
Nigerians: Goalllllllllll,Thank God ooo
Nigeria Scores Again
Nigerians: Goalllllllllll,we go kill you today
# FT NGA 3:2 CAM
Nigerians: Bring Anybody
Mouth no go kee us...Lolz

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:
Thank God they prove me wrong

But it isn't yet Uhuru

The next round would be tougher regardless of who we meet.

I'm still not sold on Rohr. He still needs to leave.

We won purely on grit not necessarily tactics.

Thus the boys should receive the eulogies and not the coach
but when we lost to Madagascar due to individual errors by players who received the flak? please give praise to the coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
grin

Can someone help me to locate this Dude?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:

I am not using anything as excuse

You asked me a question and I answered.

Its your headache if you dislike my answer

Lol

E pain them
Today match pain am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
ChrisKels:
Moses Simon couldn't create even a single chance till he was yanked off the pitch. So much for his defending abilities that made us go down 2-1
Too poor with crosses. Look at Cameroun's first goal- a delightfully floated pass and bang it was in. Simon Moses runs out of ideas in the final third. Contrast with chukwueze who twice picked out our players amidst the forest of players . I was impressed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2019
phamarsenal:
My views on today's game
- d super eagles won dis game due to dere determination, and grit not due to rohr tactical impetus, d only meaningful tin he did was to bring in chukwueze very early in d second half
- contrary to wat pple might tink, dis Cameroonian team is not weak..they quite strong and very skillful unlike other camerounian teams hv seen dat depend majorly on brute strength d likes of bassong, njie, chupo noting are very skillful and
really gave d eagles defence a lot of things to worry abt, dey lost today because dey met an inspired Nigerian team tbh.
- Eagles attack came to d party today especially the much critised ighalo, u could see his intent right from d blast of d whistle DAT he wanted to shut up his critics tonight, d way he dropped off to d middle to take d ball and lay it off for his teammates rather Dan remain up top and be marked out by d physically imposing centrebks, to me was d turning point in dis match
- D Nigerian midfield trio of nddi, etebo and iwobi really ran themselves to d ground today, I tink d reason why iwobi was not in d game in d first half, was because etebo and ndidi were not playing through to him instead deywere bypassing him wit hopeful long balls to d wings, he came to d party in d second half wen dey started working with him in d middle and he made a decisive contribution with DAT goal, to me it was a job well done for iwobi today.
- chukwueze is a gem, d young man created 3 clear cut chances DAT should HV ended up in d back of d net, as for onachu I dont tink we have d players DAT can put in descent crosses for him to exploit, so I tink osimen should b a better option..all in all it was a good game for d super eagles...kudos

We are on the same page

However, the only thing I disagree with in your last point is the fact that Onuachu needs a decent crosser. As a striker, he needs to be comfortable both in the air and on the ground.

Nice observations though

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
mostob:

Cameroon Scores

Cameroon Scores Again

# HT

Nigeria Scores

Nigeria Scores Again

cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2019
Goke7:
Just heard kanu's interview on radio. He said the boys were panicking but imediately they got their confidence back the game was there for the taking.

The question is why our boys so fearful? This was what cost the game against argentina.

Our boys were not this fearful under keshi and they are not as good as this current team

yea...FEAR ...that word already guarantee a defeat. You don't fear your opponent neither do you underrate them ... there is just a thin line between Confidence and Complacency. Rohr already instill fear into naija squad by going defensive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2019
mostob:

Cameroon Scores

Cameroon Scores Again

# HT

Nigeria Scores

Nigeria Scores Again

This funny but true grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2019
Earthquake3:

Salah would follow Awaziem wherever he is on the pitch grin

Seedorf noted it, I'm sure the Egyptian coach would note it too
salah is left footed, he'd be hampered first by position on the right before even Awaziem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2019
Goke7:

My point exactly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2019
Toylove:
Mental strength and character won us this game...
Rohr is still crap tho....I repeat, ZERO tactical know how
yen yen yen, imagine when y'all were saying iwobi out by half time, he had took him out brought in Ogu moved Etebo forward then we fail to create any meaningful chance with Cameroon using pace to slice Ogu in the midfield maybe you for get energy to type mental strength bla bla bla

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2019
Why did the mod hide my harmless post? sad

Ok, I ask again, where are the whiny armchair critics? angry

No matter how much you guys moan on this thread, Rohr still holds the decision of picking whoever he deems fit for his tactics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2019
Odunayaw:
Ighalilee the No 9? Well, something good could coke out of Galilee today cheesy
Andrew!!! Something came out from Ighalilee today!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Khaytunechi: 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:

I know. But you see, ignoring hypocrites is best.

I don't know how to fight and exchange words online.

Just let them be. grin cheesy

If hypocrisy were a god,, you would be its high priest..
If hypocrisy were a religion,, you would be its most senior Apostle..
If hypocrisy were a country,, you would be her commander in chief..
If hypocrisy were an institution,, you would be the vice chancellor..

You are the archetypal definition of double speak,, a pretender,, a fuckinggg narcissist who cares not for the good of the land but only for the validation of his pessimistic,, prejudiced,, jaundiced opinion..

I have nothing against your negative demeanor and how you're so quick to come gloat here before those boys feed you a big fat Llllll consistently,, my angst is against your trying to paint yourself up like some saint fuckingg Augustus and sounding like those calling you out are dumbb or stuff..

There is a difference between criticizing a team based solely on live,, real time performance and prophesying doom even before kickoff then coming on to gloat at the slightest hiccup screaming 'I told you so' only to turn 180degrees when things turn out right to say 'thank God I'm impressed'.. You,, sir,, are a master of the latter..
Impression kiiii you there.. Blooody pessimist.. Nigg! Geddifawkout with your double mouthed,, one breasted,, self serving,, sanctimonious,, negative energy filled self! Nonsense and hypocrisy..

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2019
I predicted an emphatic Egypt win today but with what I have seen so far, anything can happen

And I know a lot of folks here prefer we face SA in the next stage for 2 reason:

1 So we can beat them for bragging rights. If this doesn't happen, then Naija should just hide face from SA grin cheesy

2 So that we won't have to face the host nation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
Earthquake3:

I hate hypocrites

If you go back on this thread you will find posts of him criticizing the SE
Criticism is different from perenially speaking out of darkness concerning the team. He's entitled to his opinion though. But sometimes I wonder why he's so afraid of life cos constantly believing,expecting and predicting negative things is nothing but a negation of life. If life constantly says no bro,we'd all be dead. Let darkelf learn to let in some light particularly as someone here said 'a little faith will do no harm'.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:13pm On Jul 06, 2019
Please give d coach a thumbs up on dis

We won...so he takes all d praises,when we lost against mad,we sabi wetin una talk abt our coach o.cut rohr some slacks abeg.he deserve all d praise tonight

Meanwhile let's focus on our potential opponent #EGY vs RSA cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2019
This South Africa is not afraid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

Criticising the Squad is as same as wishing the Team failure?! LMAO!

Totally different things entirety.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2019
andrew444:
Ighalo haters where at thou ?
Hiding their heads in shame
God bless Nigeria
God bless super eagles
God bless penghalo
God bless Iwobi and musa

lol One dey complain say why him no score the third goal.can you imagine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:

Don't be so sure about that.

Any team to remove a host nation as Egypt from this tournament should be respected and not underrated
even if we want to play your village team you'll tip them to beat the eagles, I trust you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Eseose9:

lol One dey complain say why him no score the third goal.can you imagine

Lol

No mind them

Instead of him to celebrate our winning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
Mujtahida:

Criticism is different from perenially speaking out of darkness concerning the team. He's entitled to his opinion though. But sometimes I wonder why he's so afraid of life cos constantly believing,expecting and predicting negative things is nothing but a negation of life. If life constantly says no bro,we'd all be dead. Let darkelf learn to let in some light particularly as someone here said 'a little faith will do no harm'.

I will reply you because of the fact that you passed your info without use of foul language

I am an optimist. You don't know me in person to conclude alright

This is a sports section and I am a fan who has a right to opinion like every other person.

If also think every other person needs to learn to be realistic. People choose what they mention on this thread, hence the hypocrisy

I said before the match that I hope Nigeria proves me wrong but I won't be banking on it because we have a poor coach and ther has been no signs of improvement from our games

We are created differently and we will always look at things differently. Its not my fault that some people can't understand the meaning of the word "opinion"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2019
darkelf:

Let me correct your assertion.

I didn't single out Ighalo. I blamed the entire team except Ndidi. And truthfully they were below average during the first two matches and poor against Madagascar
you are wrong, they were good against Guinea, only if we had taken our chances
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 8:21pm On Jul 06, 2019
How did Stuart Baxter keep Lorch on the bench all these while?

All these African coaches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2019
jihday:
even if we want to play your village team you'll tip them to beat the eagles, I trust you

grin grin

But do you disagree that if any team that removes Egypt shouldn't be underrated.

Yes. if my village team beats Egypt and I was to face them next, I won't underrate them

(1) (2) (3) ... (6479) (6480) (6481) (6482) (6483) (6484) (6485) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), viciati(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.