Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11675916 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6500) (6501) (6502) (6503) (6504) (6505) (6506) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2019
Afobear:
2 months time ...over here where I'm serving , we say Insha Allah

Chukwu dube gi nwanne.

But, u are an averaaaaaaagggeee analyst

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
AIG07:
Can we get this Dutch female Goalkeeper to stand inbetween the poles come Wednesday. She has been awesome with 4 terrific saves. I think she'll do better than any of our 3 Goalkeepers.

Oga wc kind talk b dt one grin grin,u serious abi u dey joke

One shot from d male peeps will shift her hand and d ball into d net, don't get carried away by her performance,its simply because dey re playing among demselves period

And to d issue of chukwueze having a hand in both goals or not,to me, it's just a mere coincidence, both goals could av happened if Simon was still on d pitch
cos chuks had no interference in both goals,its just like us saying ekong or any oda player who were not interfering with d play had an input with both goals,

But going forward,truly he unbalanced d Cameroonian defence, created chances for both Iggy and musa.my opinion anyway smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
komekn:

A good defender would have blocked that cross or seen him off to the touchline.

But Awaziem gave him too much space he kept backtracking as opposed to closing him down and the space down. A reflection of a player with limited pace up against a much faster player.

That's why Awaziem was the WEAKEST LINK in thay team.

Awaziem has tried so far though he has some weak points as a RB.

If only Collins was not injured.

But at this stage, I don't think we should change him because I don't know what Collins can bring to the table.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2019
pazienza:

Simon Moses was pants yesterday.
Likewise Omeruo.
Moses offerred nothing at all going forward, it meant that Cameroon full backs happily joined the attack to torment Nigeria full back on that wing, because they feared not threat from rigid, tepid and uninspiring Moses.

Let's start calling a spade a spade. Omeruo was culpable in the Cameroon second goal. Awareness was zero and has always panicking around the eighteen yard box, nearly scored an own goal.

People don't like telling themselves the truth, that's the problem of this place. cheesy

If player no make mistake dem no go score goal ,if Cameroon defender defend well self we no go score self ,stop blaming omeruo and enjoy eagles

Save your self the stress about Moses Simon as he will start next game okay ,rohr na defensive coach una suppose know am by now

Stop trying to look for players to bring down

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2019
Goke7:
this Madagascar na werey o, they wan wound drc today, see shot o

Congo will win this game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2019
ChrisKels:

Chukwu dube gi nwanne.

But, u are an averaaaaaaagggeee analyst
This is comical and polemical same time because it's coming from you an Averaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggeeeeeeeeeeeeeee drunk pundit like you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
chrisooblog:
for me personally I think Moses Simon was one of our better players before he got substituted on many occasions he had the beating of the cameroonian left back but unfortunately his final balls weather shots or crosses were off the Mark.

Samuel when he came on was also very good put the cameroonian defenders on edge like super nerd said his excellent movement created space 4 Awaziem to deliver that excellent Cross which resulted in the equaliser.

Sometimes we don't need to knock somebody else to appreciate someone else's game for me Simon had a good game it's just that Samuel was better and carried more threat

Simon didn't play on his best position which is the LW. He would had scored if he used his right foot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2019
You mentioned it in your discussion with Chris. So saying me is laughable. Look Egbon... It doesn't bitr to admit Chuks brought a new wind to the team's attack. We won... And that is what matters.

forgiveness:

My analyses are not about Simon and Chukwueze's comparison but about the tactics that won us the game.
[sub][/sub]
I don't know where you read about that from me. It was you who tried to bring it up but I dodge am.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
You mentioned it in your discussion with Chris. So saying me is laughable. Look Egbon... It doesn't bitr to admit Chuks brought a new wind to the team's attack. We won... And that is what matters.

Which discussion? Show me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
elyte89:

Oga wc kind talk b dt one grin grin,u serious abi u dey joke

One shot from d male peeps will shift her hand and d ball into d net, don't get carried away by her performance,its simply because dey re playing among demselves period

And to d issue of chukwueze having a hand in both goals or not,to me, it's just a mere coincidence, both goals could av happened if Simon was still on d pitch
cos chuks had no interference in both goals,its just like us saying ekong or any oda player who were not interfering with d play had an input with both goals,

But going forward,truly he unbalanced d Cameroonian defence, created chances for both Iggy and musa.my opinion anyway smiley
Elyte my man, one can not play with you again ni? But her awareness is second to none. Close range saves and reflex her top notch.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pazienza(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
andrew444:

If player no make mistake dem no go score goal ,if Cameroon defender defend well self we no go score self ,stop blaming omeruo and enjoy eagles

Save your self the stress about Moses Simon as he will start next game okay ,rohr na defensive coach una suppose know am by now

Stop trying to look for players to bring down

Omeruo was useless in that match. Shivering like one suffering from malaria evening fever whenever the ball was played into the box

People think Onuachu was sent in by Rohr to play as a striker? Nope, that was a secondary role for him in that match.
He was basically sent in to help defend aerial balls the Cameroonians were sending into Nigeria box,since Omeruo and Ekong were not up to the task. He did a good job of it.

Nigeria has no defense, the midfield bar Ndidi is average. The strength of the team is in its attack.
If you create lots of chances,Ighalo will miss some, but will surely convert some for you as well. He is a striker that needs lots of chances to score, and the best way to do that is to start with wingers with trickery and threat, capable of causing havoc in opponent final third,, drawing defenders out of position, and delivering quality cut backs to a not well marked Ighalo.
Moses Simon is not that winger. You will not get the best out of Ighalo when you don't create lots of goal scoring chances.

Omeruo should not start next match. Problem is who will replace him. Nigeria has no defense, playing defensive will bring them home. They better utilize their strong point which is attack.

The less said about Akpeyi, the better. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Where you both accused each other of having another intention behind Chris preferring Chuks over Simon on one hand and You, preferring Simon over Chuks on the other hand. You also said Chris just wanna run another player down to talk up Chuks. See... please, let's just end this. I have been here long enough to know where such discussion is heading. For me, the team comes first always.

forgiveness:

Which discussion? Show me.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

The snapshots I posted up there are in contrast to what you said. Chukwueze didn't do anything before the two goals were scored.

After? He did. So, there is nothing from those pictures that he created space or whatever before the goals were scored.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Simon didn't play on his best position which is the LW. He would had scored if he used his right foot.

Another excuse grin

Neither of Awaziem and Ola is playing in their primary positions, yet neither has been as disappointing as Simon grin

Oya look for another excuse bkus the defensive excuse is already stale grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Your snapshots show nothing Egbon. Moments taken and isolated does not give a true picture of the tactical truth I dropped. Finish. I am done with this but obviously you wanna keep talking just to knock down Chuks' impact. Not fair and not truthful.

forgiveness:

The snapshots I posted up there are in contrast to what you said. Chukwueze didn't do anything before the two goals were scored.

After? He did. So, there is nothing from those pictures that he created space or whatever before the goals were scored.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
pazienza:

Omeruo was useless in that match. Shivering like one suffering from malaria evening fever whenever the ball was played into the box

People think Onuachu was sent in by Rohr to play as a striker? Nope, that was a secondary role for him in that match.
He was basically sent in to help defend aerial balls the Cameroonians were sending into Nigeria box,since Omeruo and Ekong were not up to the task. He did a good job of it.

Nigeria has no defense, the midfield bar Ndidi is average. The strength of the team is in its attack.
If you create lots of chances,Ighalo will miss some, but will surely convert some for you as well. He is a striker that needs lots of chances to score, and the best way to do that is to start with wingers with trickery and threat, capable of causing havoc in opponent final third,, drawing defenders out of position, and delivering quality cut backs to a not well marked Ighalo.
Moses Simon is not that winger. You will not get the best out of Ighalo when you don't create lots of goal scoring chances.

Omeruo should not start next match. Problem is who will replace him. Nigeria has no defense, playing defensive will bring them home. They better utilize their strong point which is attack.

The less said about Akpeyi, the better. grin

Not reading this

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bunique: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
Madagascar is playing impressive possessive football but they are keeping a high line defence which might be their weak point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
grin
jubilantagida:
My observations

1. We started the game pretty well by pressing them which was why we could see their defense making errors, but we just couldn't capitalize and make them pay for it.

2. At a point in the game, it almost seemed like we were playing against a Brazilian team and before you could say anything we were 2 goals down.

3. Akpeyi is a standard of measurement already, other goalkeepers call use him as a reference point to measure their ineptitudes. He'd always remind us at least once in every 90 minute period why he's Akpeyi.

4. Our fullbacks faced superior wingers today and were found wanting on few occasions, nevertheless, they had an impressive outing.

5. Chukwueze's a gem, his introduction saw that we had 3 clear chances at goal and even a shot for himself that could have went in. he's been an impressive addition to the team so far. I don't miss Victor Moses.

6. Our match against Madagascar where musa had to control the ball then try rounding up the GK before he scores and yesterday when he controlled a pass before attempting a shot that was blocked, I've been watching Onyekuru for a while now and these are the kind of goals he scores, he picks his angle and bang!!

7. Ighalo proved me wrong, yesterday was his day.
8. I still want Rohr out, except the NFF would see reasons to appoint a better tactician to support him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Where you both accused each other of having another intention behind Chris preferring Chuks over Simon on one hand and You, preferring Simon over Chuks on the other hand. You also said Chris just wanna run another player down to talk up Chuks. See... please, let's just end this. I have been here long enough to know where such discussion is heading. For me, the team comes first always.

That was a closed case.

This topic was not brought up by Chris. I think dark.., something brought it up.

I just focused on analyzing the tactics we used.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
forgiveness:

School boy analyses. Hahahaha! I hail oooo! grin

To be honest first time I'll be quoting you on this thread but iono go lie you bro, e b lyk say na back of TV you watch ooooo

The moment chuks was on 2 or 3 players were shadow marking him, influence really matters in football.
The moment he came in, Musa had space to fvking run
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ighalo is similar to Emenike. Ighalo like Emenike is inconsistent. Emenike did well and contributed his quota to the national team and won the AFCON abut was never loved by Nigerians... Ighalo is towing same path.

Nigerians don't just like him. Nothing more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Your snapshots show nothing Egbon. Moments taken and isolated does not give a true picture of the tactical truth I dropped. Finish. I am done with this but obviously you wanna keep talking just to knock down Chuks' impact. Not fair and not truthful.

To you. grin

The pictures showed the positioning of all the players. Chukwueze didn't draw two players to create space for Awaziem. That's the truth captured in pictures.

Chukwueze impact was felt after we scored the two goals. That I admitted.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
Eleniyan15:

To be honest first time I'll be quoting you on this thread but iono go lie you bro, e b lyk say na back of TV you watch ooooo

The moment chuks was on 2 or 3 players were shadow marking him, influence really matters in football.
The moment he came in, Musa had space to fvking run

Go watch the match again. I have not denied anything you said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
Bunique:
Madagascar is playing impressive possessive football but they are keeping a high line defence which might be their weak point

A very high line

They think they are Man city
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
ChrisKels:

Another excuse grin

Neither of Awaziem and Ola is playing in their primary positions, yet neither has been as disappointing as Simon grin

Oya look for another excuse bkus the defensive excuse is already stale grin

Awaziem without Simon..... hehehe!

If not that I am not sure of Collins. I don't want him to continue in that position. Aina too has been limited.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jubilantagida: 5:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
Joebie:
grin
What's making this one shine teeth now?
lol! cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2019
grin lol
jubilantagida:

What's making this one shine teeth now?

lol! cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2019
The USWNT about to win their fourth world cup title
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2019
AIG07:
Ighalo is similar to Emenike. Ighalo like Emenike is inconsistent. Emenike did well and contributed his quota to the national team and won the AFCON abut was never loved by Nigerians... Ighalo is towing same path.

Nigerians don't just like him. Nothing more.
oga speak for urself.

I personally call him ighi style cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2019
That Bakambu goal na the koko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Awaziem without Simon..... hehehe!

If not that I am not sure of Collins. I don't want him to continue in that position. Aina too has been limited.

Simon has been disappointing in this AFCON

Attack threat is zero

Defense threat: Overrated as hell. We have conceded 4 goals in two matches. His primary responsibility as a winger is to attack. Yet he has not been able to instill fear into opponents (bar his assist to Omeruo). I never thought i would ever say this but Musa has been a better winger than Moses so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2019
THE USA are female World Football Champions

(1) (2) (3) ... (6500) (6501) (6502) (6503) (6504) (6505) (6506) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.