Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11665120 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6583) (6584) (6585) (6586) (6587) (6588) (6589) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

So because Salah got injured this means whatever player coming in would play his position? Mane used to play where before they got Salah? So u can't imagine moving him to the rwf and playing Origi on the left? Remember they had absolutely no reserve options on the wings that season and they loaned out a guy that can play all 3 forward positions to have an Englishman on their team.

Is Origi better than Coutinho who started the season before he forced his move to Barcelona?

Did Liverpool envisaged his move to Barcelona?

Besides, why did Liverpool buy Alexander Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Do u think Liverpool didn't have options at the beginning of the season?

Please, stop giving sh*t analysis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2019
Earthquake2:

If you don't see the truth in what he said you are deceiving yourself

Nigeria gained independence 50 years ago but are worse now than when they got independence, who are you blaming, the whites?
This guy you lack knowledge and you are obviously unintelligent.
What you typed up there, how does that correlate with my statement.
If you are frustrated with life/Nigeria how does that concern me.
#Abegfacefront
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2019
andrew444:

Oga big 4 for epl no easy ooo

But etebo is not far from getting a top 10 team in the epl if he continues doing well

If dem tell people say Leicester go fit sign ndidi from genk dem no go beleive, as he join them it took him just 3 days to make the starting XI, and since then he he their most used player, and one of the most used player in the epl

I meant the big four leagues
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2019
darkelf:

I meant the big four leagues

He will sure make the big 4 leagues nah ,he has even played in laliga before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
minfelix:
Some how we have manage to beat two north african teams with the dark green jersey
Libya 2-3 Nigeria
Nigeria 1-0 Egypt.
Prediction
Algeria 1-3 Nigeria(semifinal)
Tunisia 0-2 Nigeria (final)

Oil dey your head jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
Marjoribanks:

#Abegfacefront

lol

Bro cool down o ,you come dey para 2 much this days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
mostob:
There is difference o. Dark green away jersey differ from Normal green home Jersey
Im talking abt this our WC green away jersey

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2019
forgiveness:

Is Origi better than Coutinho who started the season before he forced his move to Barcelona?

Did Liverpool envisaged his move to Barcelona?

Besides, why did Liverpool buy Alexander Oxlade-Chamberlain?

Do u think Liverpool didn't have options at the beginning of the season?

Please, stop giving sh*t analysis.

We are talking about Origi and Solanke so stop talking nonsense. Was Coutinho going to come off the bench? Did Liverpool start the season with Oxlade? Didn't they pick him up mid season?

Origi had always provided a spark off the bench for the reds and to loan him out because of an unproven player was ridiculous.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
My man! I miss u all in the house bro. no better time to be back to this beautiful forum. the Eagles have been super

The metallic man returns... And he returns sober.... Praise God!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2019
mank1234:

I think you don't read to assimilate facts before jumping to comment.

The post you quoted compared Europeans and Africans in contemporary time (now} and not then. In this age are we supposed to still be fighting over irrelevant things (intolerance)?

If Rwandan were unified as you claimed, why was there genocide in that country? If indeed they are homogenous and their making progress is not because they've forged ahead, are they the only homogenous country in Africa?

A child that keeps saying that he can't achieve much because he lost his father cannot make it because he has resigned to fate.

Over 50years is a long time for the effect of slave trade to be the cause of backwardness. If we that were not transported across the Atlantic are giving it as excuse, what should those over there say?

Agreed that the whites came to exploit but have we really grown at a rate commensurate with our potential?

If the Germans and English sees eye to eye, why is there always violence btw them whenever they play football together?

Imagine, merging Germans and English in an artificial state. What will be the outcome?

Rwanda was a unified country before the Belgian came. This is a known fact. Do yourself a favour by doing a little research.

Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria and Botswana are the other only homogeneous or least ethical countries in Africa. As you can see, they are making progress ahead of those more ethically diverse countries in Africa.

In fact, study shows that richer countries appear more likely to be homogenous.

Unfortunately, most African countries are still indirectly under their colonial masters.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We are talking about Origi and Solanke so stop talking nonsense. Was Coutinho going to come off the bench? Did Liverpool start the season with Oxlade? Didn't they pick him up mid season?

Origi had always provided a spark off the bench for the reds and to loan him out because of an unproven player was ridiculous.

So, the decision to loan out Origi was at mid season?

Is there common sense in that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
andrew444:

Sir goodjoe the money is damn too much

for example if victor osimhen plays for benfica and he scores like 20 league goals will be be priced for more than 20 million?

Joao felix is an average young kid, not even up to mbappe level when mbappe was 18

You are looking at it from a technical perspective. If you add Joao Felix tactical awareness, you will see he is far from average. A player being best with the best of both Worlds of tactics and technique can never be tagged as average. Coupled with the goals he offers. When you consider he will still improve.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
mank1234:

It's an excuse for failure. America too was setup for failure too but it defied the odds.

How was America set up for failure? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You are looking at it from a technical perspective. If you add Joao Felix tactical awareness, you will see he is far from average. A player being best with the best of both Worlds of tactics and technique can never be tagged as average. Coupled with the goals he offers. When you consider he will still improve.

I am calling him average because he has just played only 1 season of football, hope you can understand that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
minfelix:
Some how we have manage to beat two north african teams with the dark green jersey
Libya 2-3 Nigeria
Nigeria 1-0 Egypt.
Prediction
Algeria 1-3 Nigeria(semifinal)
Tunisia 0-2 Nigeria (final)
Just remembered we used this jersey against Egypt sef

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
forgiveness:

So, the decision to loan out Origi was at mid season?

Is there common sense in that?

Who said that? Origi was loaned before the season so what does signing Ox have to do with anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
andrew444:

I am calling him average because he has just played only 1 season of football, hope you can understand that?

1 season of football does not make a player average. It actually showed his meteoric rise and his quality. Keep in mind Felix is an international already and one of the top players of Benfica.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

1 season of football does not make a player average. It actually showed his meteoric rise and his quality. Keep in mind Felix is an international already and one of the top players of Benfica.

If its an african player that its in benfica i am sure you will classify him average

As far as i am concerned Joao Felix is average, maybe after he has proven him self at ATM then he can be world class

Should i also remind you of a certain Renato Sanches? what happened at the ending after the hype?

I am not saying felix will end up like sanches but as for now he is average, if an african player did what felix did in just a season he wont be bought for more than 25 million euros

So 1 season of football means you have hit top of the world? Bros you need to be consistent unless you are average, All i want from felix is to be consistent at ATM in 2 seasons then i will agree with you

Even dembele wey barca buy 150M no worth am and dembele is a proven player, na felix ?

I stand on my words

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2019
IWOBI IS GROWING WELL...HOLDING THE BALL....NO MORE ONE-TWO PASS

WE ARE NOT MISSING MIKAEL OBI

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
Why u no go talk so? grin
andrew444:

Oil dey your head jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 11:54pm On Jul 12, 2019
forgiveness:

How was America set up for failure? grin

Same way you claimed Africa was setup for failure.
US was originally made up of several tribes with different languages. Colonies were setup and merge as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_history_of_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federally_recognized_tribes_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_United_States
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
Joebie:
Why u no go talk so? grin

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 12:12am On Jul 13, 2019
Marjoribanks:

#Abegfacefront

Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:14am On Jul 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Who said that? Origi was loaned before the season so what does signing Ox have to do with anything.

Why did you say Origi should have replaced Salah when you know Liverpool had Coutinho at the beginning of the season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:16am On Jul 13, 2019
mank1234:

US was originally made up of several tribes with different languages. Colonies were setup and merge as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federally_recognized_tribes_in_the_United_States

United States was a British property.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:18am On Jul 13, 2019
mank1234:

There was no superior power among them. Nobody favouring people of one language over the other. All the white people were on equal ground. U can't compare what went on in Africa to that. We can't even trust each other till today and that was a seed they sowed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2019
forgiveness:

Why did you say Origi should have replaced Salah when you know Liverpool had Coutinho at the beginning of the season?

What the bloody hell does Coutinho a starter have to do with a conversation about substitutes? If i am not mistaken he was their leading UCL goal scorer before his move so how does he figure in a discussion about replacing Salah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 12:27am On Jul 13, 2019
Check out @ayoolatopezion’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ayoolatopezion/status/1149582936926126080?s=09

Super � should be weary and careful against the antics of the Algerian on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:34am On Jul 13, 2019
Danielnino00:

Does the memory of Marcus the pig torment u that much? grin
No ooo. Its all for fun but I really believed that pig oo then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:46am On Jul 13, 2019
If Mikel didn't choose AFCON to underperform, we would've been playing a proper 4-3-3 with a midfield 3 of Mikel as Regista with Etebo and Ndidi further forward.
Etebo would wreck so much havoc if he played as a b2b mid.
We need to find a deep lying CM after AFCON.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:48am On Jul 13, 2019
andrew444:

lol

Bro cool down o ,you come dey para 2 much this days
Baba, lolll, I just tire for those guys.
When Super Eagles was not playing well na Rohr be their scapegoat.
Super Eagles is now winning, na now dem remember say Nigeria no get leader, Nigeria tire them, Nigeria this, Nigeria that.
If Nigeria tire dem Benin republic no far from here now make dem port comot.
Na so so negativity full their comments.
What's their problem self.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:54am On Jul 13, 2019
Ivory coast should have destroyed this Algerians within the first 15 minutes.
Watching the match presently.
So these quacks are what some peeps are having sleepless night over!
What a disappointment!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6583) (6584) (6585) (6586) (6587) (6588) (6589) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, mostob(m), KpagoGIN(m), elyte89, 10cedes and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.