Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11788701 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6586) (6587) (6588) (6589) (6590) (6591) (6592) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
The higher institution football league HIFL had a coaching seminar with man city.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
Odunayaw:
I didn't even question the points raised or unraised.
There are hosts of "pointing outs" and "pointing to" all over the internet & we're still here today, I am just musing on its timing... grin from experience I reckon its to gather attention.

That said, we sooner or later need to find sense & shame in this country

Yea, I agree.

The timing was quite poor especially calling for Rohr's head during the tournament
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Again I repeat what the heck does Coutinho have to do with Origi? U are being ridiculous. The reports were clear that Origi was loaned out because Solanke came in but now you are bringing up ying and yang.

BascoVanVeli:

We saw how good an idea that was. That silly move might have cost them a champions league because Solanke was sh*t for Liverpool and couldn't offer a single thing.
Imagine that lucky negro Origi coming in as a sub against real Madrid?

The bolded is the epitome of ridiculousness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
The higher institution football league HIFL had a coaching seminar with man city.

I'm impressed at the progress they've made. It's turning out to be a serious iniative after all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
forgiveness:

The bolded is the epitome of ridiculousness.

So it is ridiculous to say that a guy that saved them this year (Barca) could have saved them the year before (Real Madrid)? What is your real issue boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Bolowolowo:

I'm impressed at the progress they've made. It's turning out to be a serious iniative after all.

And the number of sponsors is increasing.

It seems they are better organized, that is why sponsors are comfortable with partnering with the program. Unlike the Npfl with shitty organization

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
Bolowolowo:

Yea I am very happy for them. I believe they can compete with the NPFL in a short time if the league doesn't improve.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
elyte89:

One of Mikels best match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc
My God! What a performance

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
I have watched this Algerian team keenly throughout this tournament and here are my deductions.

Algeria play a 4-3-3 formation on game day. When they lose the ball they switch to a 4-1-4-1 formation enabling a player to cover up the losed ball.

Their defence are immobile, they don't move or contribute to their attack. They leave their offensive play for their midfield and attackers.

Their defenders are used to charging at opposition players (attackers) making it difficult to get past them. They sit deep and protect their goal keeper who isn't good.

Four defenders sitting deep, making sure their keeper is well protected from opposition attackers.

We should boss the midfield and make their defence come out

I think our victory against them would be
I. We must always take our chances if we manage to break down the defence line. A big IF
II. Learn to practice outside shot. Musa must learn to be selfish he has done it against SA and Argentina in the past so I believe he can repeat it. He could have scored if he tried it against SA in our last game.
III. We should play cool and beware of the antics of the Algerians like Belsibaini did with Zaha to get him sent off.
IV. We should as well learn to be cool in our approach and build up play.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
Ajoboss:
wen last did Mikel display DAT ability?

Sure. Not talking about 2019 Mikel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
breezy147:

Why have you chosen to be always controversial?

I have followed this medium for a long time and I have seen that this place enjoys some degree of peace save for the Ghanaian trolls whenever you take sabbaticals.

You are back now and so are multiple controversies in a row.

I had always wondered how you relate with your colleagues or bosses in real life with this attitude.

Yo, I'm not coming at you. Just an innocent observation.

Peace.

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
darkelf:

This is past glory. The 2013 confed cup match against Spain if I'm not mistaken

Dem no tell you say na current glory nah, him talk say na one of mikel best game

u no just like anything mikel

chai

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
andrew444:

Dem no tell you say na current glory nah, him talk say na one of mikel best game

u no just like anything mikel

chai

Start reading from the start of the Argument first before jumping to conclusion. You'll understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cafcup(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
elyte89:

One of Mikels best match

God! Mikel was really good.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2019
Africa Cup of Nations down to the final four: Who will reach the final?
The Africa Cup of Nations is down to its final four. Nick Ames takes a look at the semifinal matchups, and reveals who of Senegal, Tunisia, Nigeria and Algeria will be moving on to the final.

Senegal vs. Tunisia
Backstory: Senegal have glided to the semifinals, and to within two games of a first Africa Cup of Nations success, with a minimum of fuss. Aside from a group-stage defeat to Algeria -- when they were missing four key players -- they have rarely been troubled, winning their knockout games against Uganda and Benin by deceptively narrow margins of a goal apiece.

It has been 15 years since Tunisia won their only AFCON, and they were not tipped to threaten a repeat this time. That remained the case after Alain Giresse's side ground their way through the group stage with three draws, but a shootout win over Ghana and commanding 3-0 dismissal of surprise package Madagascar suggests they are hitting form at the right time.

How they match up: Nobody enjoys playing Senegal, a physically fearsome side who give little away at the back. Uganda, in particular, found that their own pretty football constantly ran against a brick wall in the forms of Idrissa Gueye, Kalidou Koulibaly & Co. In fact, defensive midfielder Gueye scored a fine winner against Benin in the last eight and, when they do spring forward, an attack including the likes of Sadio Mane and Ismaila Sarr has few peers.

Tunisia have a reputation for an almost Italian brand of defensive football but have expressed themselves more freely in their past two games. Wahbi Khazri, the former Sunderland forward, has been influential while the brilliant Youssef Msakni, who scored against Madagascar, appears back to his best. If Giresse can strike the correct balance in their sternest test yet, they could be more than simply awkward opponents.
Senegal's star to watch: It is Mane, of course, and there is an extent to which this tournament now depends on a few killer flourishes from the Liverpool man in the absence of Mohamed Salah. So far his AFCON has been mixed: Mane has scored three times but missed two penalties, and the room for further slip-ups is getting narrower at this point.

Tunisia's star to watch: Khazri, who plays just off the centre-forward, is the man everything goes through. He takes the set pieces and pulls the strings, playing with a verve and confidence rarely seen during his time in the North East. Can he find spaces between Senegal's lines where other foes have so far failed?

Senegal's X-factor: When Senegal faced Algeria without Gueye, who was briefly sidelined, the difference was glaring. The Everton midfielder gets better and better; his energy levels are phenomenal and his impact on this team, screening the back line and starting attacking moves in transition, is arguably as big as Mane's. If he stays fit and in form, then Senegal have a dynamo who can drive them all the way to the trophy.

Tunisia's X-factor: There is little doubt that Msakni could have played for one of Europe's top sides. It is probably too late now -- he turns 29 in October and played on loan at Belgian club Eupen last season after missing the World Cup with a serious knee injury -- but the Qatar-based schemer remains among Africa's top talents. On a good day he can rip teams to shreds and, if he has one on Sunday, then he can win that battle with Senegal's gnarled enforcers.

Senegal need to ...: Score the second goal. They should have put Uganda firmly to the sword after Mane's early goal, but he missed a spot kick and the outcome remained in doubt until the end. Benin were also well in contention until late on, and if Aliou Cisse's side can show the same level of attacking vigour once they have gone a goal up -- and, of course, if they do -- then they are capable of putting this match well beyond the Tunisians.

Tunisia need to ...: Pick their moments. They have the attacking players to hurt Senegal, but leaving space in behind for Mane & Co. would be a disaster. If they stay compact and fairly deep then the Teranga Lions, who are short of guile in midfield, could become frustrated and resort to hopeful long passes.

Prediction: It will be tight and almost certainly won't be very pretty, and Senegal might just do without that second goal. The smart money is on them edging through with a third straight 1-0 win.

Algeria vs. Nigeria
Backstory: Until their dramatic shootout win over Ivory Coast, Algeria's run through AFCON had been as sleek as they come. They did not concede a goal until Jonathan Kodjia's equaliser for the Elephants, and looked the tournament's most complete team in all departments. A firing attack and well-balanced midfield saw them win their first four games with little trouble before that nail-biting penalty triumph in the quarterfinals.

For Nigeria the road has been rockier, a group-stage defeat to Madagascar prompting plenty of soul searching around Gernot Rohr's camp. They then came through a hugely entertaining last-16 meeting with Cameroon, turning around a deficit to win 3-2, and overcame a buoyant South Africa 2-1 in a game they should have won more comfortably.

How they match up: Djamel Belmadi's Algeria have been consistently impressive. They have a pest of a striker in Baghdad Bounedjah; creative flair in Riyad Mahrez and Youcef Belaili; a well-balanced midfield axis in Sofiane Feghouli, Ismael Bennacer and Adlene Guedioura; and a defence that gives little away. They will probably miss the dynamic Nice right-back Youcef Atal, though, after he picked up an injury against Ivory Coast, and there is a strong sense their back line could wobble if properly tested, as the Ivorians managed to with their pace.

Nigeria's attacking options are perhaps the best remaining in the tournament. Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa and the exciting Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze have all made big contributions so far and they are a compelling proposition when attacking at speed. But their defence has consistently made rickets at times when they have appeared to be in control -- and Algeria will certainly have taken note.

Algeria's star to watch: Mahrez has had an up-and-down tournament but has still been influential, scoring twice and offering impassioned words of advice to his teammates before Thursday's shootout. Algeria have already purred as an attacking force but there is a feeling that, if the Manchester City man begins operating at his very best, they might just become impossible to stop.

Nigeria's star to watch: Iwobi remains a curious player whose true level, certainly in the Premier League, looks uncertain. But when Nigeria get him into the right areas he can wreak havoc, just as he did against Cameroon when playing close to the centre-forward Ighalo. He scored the winning goal that day and certainly has another decisive impact in him.

Algeria's X-factor: Some around the Algeria team believe Belaili is the among the most talented players the country has ever produced. Had he not been handed a two-year ban for cocaine use between 2015 and 2017, then perhaps he would be better known beyond Africa; the 27-year-old plies his trade for Esperance in Tunisia these days but he has been on magical form this summer. Goals against Senegal and Guinea were vital; his quick feet and sharp brain have given the Fennec Foxes an extra dimension.

Nigeria's X-factor: The 20-year-old winger Chukwueze broke his international duck with the opener against South Africa and surely there will be more to come. A rapid dribbler full of tricks and purpose, he remains something of a surprise package on this stage and, in an attack full of established stars, may provide the freshness to cause Algeria problems. Pace and purpose certainly troubled them when Wilfried Zaha & Co. found their stride in the quarterfinals.

Algeria need to ...: Keep their heads. They are nearing a first continental title since 1990 and the emotions, when the finally came through against Ivory Coast, poured out long into the night. But they have a habit of getting distracted during games, sometimes getting into needless scraps and niggles, and players like the firebrand Bounedjah tend to operate on the edge. If they master the occasion well, they should have enough to win.

Nigeria need to ...: Tighten up at the back, in order to give themselves any chance. They let both Cameroon and South Africa run them dangerously close after lapses of concentration despite dominating those games, and Algeria -- who are significantly better than both -- will punish them ruthlessly if they fall asleep again on Sunday.

Prediction: Algeria still look the better-balanced team and, while Nigeria's dynamism up front will be troublesome, the north African side should come through with a 2-1 victory.

https://africa.espn.com/football/african-nations-cup/0/blog/post/3899100/africa-cup-of-nations-down-to-the-final-four-who-will-reach-the-final?platform=amp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2019
breezy147:

Why have you chosen to be always controversial?

I have followed this medium for a long time and I have seen that this place enjoys some degree of peace save for the Ghanaian trolls whenever you take sabbaticals.

You are back now and so are multiple controversies in a row.

I had always wondered how you relate with your colleagues or bosses in real life with this attitude.

Yo, I'm not coming at you. Just an innocent observation.

Peace.

Controversial for addressing a misleading info? Na so

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2019
darkelf:

Start reading from the start of the Argument first before jumping to conclusion. You'll understand

Ok sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
ChrisKels:

Controversial for addressing a misleading info? Na so

lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Horus(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWdaUhT3hs

Nigeria's Super Eagles eyes 2019 AFCON title
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
[sub][/sub]
elyte89:

One of Mikels best match

Cant forget this match. Mikel's best performance as #10 in Eagles' jersey.

He totally bossed the midfield that had Spanish stars.

If we had a clinical finisher like Eto'o in our team on a day like that, we could have forced a draw against Spain that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2019
MetalJigsaw:
Odegbami: Gernot Rohr – All Is Forgiven… But Nigeria Needs a New Coach For 2022!
 59 July 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Last Wednesday night, the Super Eagles put up their best performance so far in AFCON 2019. As difficult as the match was, there were almost no threats to the Nigerian goal throughout the encounter. Even the goal the South Africans scored was a gift by the elements. On hindsight, it was so that Nigeria’s victory would be much sweeter. A match without high tension is like tea without sugar.

A lot of the credit for the team that was assembled, how the team played, and how they won, must naturally go to the man whose responsibility it was to put it all together – Gernot Rohr.

A British journalist friend, Satish Sekar, called me up from Cairo after Nigeria won their match against South Africa last Wednesday night wondering if I had changed my mind about Gernot Rohr and forgiven him his ‘sins’.

Satish must have read media reports during the week where I said that were I to be in charge of the Super Eagles, I would have sidelined Gernot after the loss against Madagascar. Hence his valid question now.

My simple answer is that my statement was hypothetical. I am not in charge of Nigerian football. Gernot is still in charge of his team, a responsibility handed to him by his employers who also read my reaction and, I believe, must have let the German know that he made a big mistake and goofed by toying with the emotions of Nigerians.

Nigerians love to win every single match even if it is against the World XI, and it is not that they do not know they are not the best team in the world and must lose matches.

The issue is that, beyond football, the country represents more than meets the ordinary eye with which Gernot must have been viewing Nigeria and Nigerians. Otherwise, why would he take the entire country for granted by taking an avoidable and unnecessary decision of assembling a ‘weak’ team to represent the largest congregation of Black persons in the world, a country with pride, a country with rich historic antecedents in football, with resources and human capacity to become a global football power, to play a match, any match for that matter, where the whole world will be watching and the joy and livelihood of over 50 million Nigerians will be at risk?

For general information purposes, for those that do not know, unofficial estimates put the number of people driving an undocumented football economy in the country at over 50 million. Most of them are youths.

Do the math. There are over 5 million small television viewing centres in all the nooks and crannies of the country, with a minimum of about 10 people in each centre fueling business and sustaining a silent but very crucial economy.

So, with over 50 million youths watching their national team every time the Super Eagles play, a youth population of very loud people, barely surviving with great difficulty in a harsh political, economic and social environment, to lose an important match carelessly against a small, country from ‘nowhere’ and without any antecedents in football, is totally unacceptable.
That ‘small’ defeat that Gernot glossed over with a remorseless smile when he granted an interview after the match, has dented Nigeria’s records in the history books of African football, could have cost Nigeria further progress in the current African championship and created untold and immeasurable temporary pain and agony in every home in the country.

It was a careless decision, and must be condemned so that such is never repeated.

The football economy impacts the media, the leisure industry, the betting industry, the entertainment industry, and so on. This humongous field is one that feeds on the success of the Super Eagles. To lose an important match means hunger and ‘death’ for some businesses. I know because I am involved.
That was my point. That was why I would have rested Gernot till the end of the championship if I were in charge. To teach him a lesson on how not to coach Nigeria’s national team, and how not to take Nigerians and their national sport for granted.

He got my message, that’s the important thing.
Something tells me that the meeting he held with Amaju PInnick before the last match was to register that point and others to him.

Since then everyone can see what has happened. Going forward now, no matter what happens till the end of the AFCON 2019 championship, from what I saw last Wednesday night, Gernot Rohr has become a changed man. He is now reborn.

He selected the best set of players that coincided with what majority of Nigerians watching all the matches and making their own assessments would largely agree with.
He got the team to play with confidence and calmness and everyone could see a pattern, discipline and organization in how the team played. No, it was not perfect, but football is never perfect, but this time it worked.

Cameroon assistant coach Patrick Kluivert in handshake with Gernot Rohr
Playing like that, even if Nigeria had lost, we would still have been pained but would have gone back home knowing that it was not because we disrespected our opponents and did not field the best of us.

Gernot was on his feet raising his voice, gesticulating from time to time, feebly giving out instructions, trying to act as if marshalling the team and guiding them, throughout that match. He showed some concern for whatever was going to happen, even if he was obviously not in the class of a Mourinho, or a Klopp, in the act of being the 12th player.

He did not play ‘sentiments’. When he felt that the captain of the team needed to give way, he did not even hesitate in substituting Ahmed Musa. That’s how a serious coach should behave to demonstrate loyalty and commitment to a foreign country that hires him.

Gernot has changed. So, he deserves to be given the opportunity to serve out his term.

Going forward, however, looking towards a bigger goal, going to the 2022 World Cup and going far in accordance to Nigeria’s potentials seen long ago by global experts, but still hovering in the periphery of greatness only, the country needs a new coach, one that will imbibe and use the inherent strengths in the Nigerian DNA to drive the country’s football and footballers to become the best in the world and show the rest of the domestic polity, that Nigeria can be the greatest Black country in the world with the right kind of leadership…and followership.

Football can be the light of at new nation.
So, in response to Satish’s question, for Gernot Rohr, all is forgiven!
Good luck to him for the rest of AFCON 2019.

This guy is stupid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
timay:

And the number of sponsors is increasing.

It seems they are better organized, that is why sponsors are comfortable with partnering with the program. Unlike the Npfl with shitty organization

One us handled by the government the other is handled by individuals

In years to come the Hifl will be bigger than NPFL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
Earthquake2:

One us handled by the government the other is handled by individuals

In years to come the Hifl will be bigger than NPFL

True.

Private sector programs are always more organized and successful than their govt counterparts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
timay:

True.

Private sector programs are always more organized and successful than their govt counterparts.

The only thing that the government is handling that is partly functional is the army

Remove NPFL from the government and watch it flourish
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Jarus:
[sub][/sub]

Cant forget this match. Mikel's best performance as #10 in Eagles' jersey.

He totally bossed the midfield that had Spanish stars.

If we had a clinical finisher like Eto'o in our team on a day like that, we could have forced a draw against Spain that day.
we were too open at the back, the fact that Alba scored twice is a damning indictment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2019
All the countries that qualified for the semi-final have 7 letters

All end in 'A' except Senegal

Two land animals Desert Fox and Teranga Lion[third place match]

Two air animals Super Eagle and Carthage Eagle[final match]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
According to whoscored.com, Omeruo has a 100% tackle rate at the AFCON (10/10)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
Earthquake2:

The a thing that the government is handling that is partly functional is the army

Remove NPFL from the government and watch it flourish

Wrong

Nigerian Army that is constantly on the defensive against Boko haram, never on the offensive against a terrorist group.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
Danielnino00:
According to whoscored.com, Omeruo has a 100% tackle rate at the AFCON (10/10)

That's efficient from him.

But I'm sure Ndidi has more tackles (in number)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2019
Omeruo: We have a coaching crew that prepares us well. Before we go into any game, we know everything about the team we are going to play. That helps us a lot unlike before

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2019
nelszx:
I have watched this Algerian team keenly throughout this tournament and here are my deductions.

Algeria play a 4-3-3 formation on game day. When they lose the ball they switch to a 4-1-4-1 formation enabling a player to cover up the losed ball.

Their defence are immobile, they don't move or contribute to their attack. They leave their offensive play for their midfield and attackers.

Their defenders are used to charging at opposition players (attackers) making it difficult to get past them. They sit deep and protect their goal keeper who isn't good.

Four defenders sitting deep, making sure their keeper is well protected from opposition attackers.

We should boss the midfield and make their defence come out

I think our victory against them would be
I. We must always take our chances if we manage to break down the defence line. A big IF
II. Learn to practice outside shot. Musa must learn to be selfish he has done it against SA and Argentina in the past so I believe he can repeat it. He could have scored if he tried it against SA in our last game.
III. We should play cool and beware of the antics of the Algerians like Belsibaini did with Zaha to get him sent off.
IV. We should as well learn to be cool in our approach and build up play.

so so he has done it against Argentina in the past
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
gamaliel9:
All the countries that qualified for the semi-final have 7 letters

All end in 'A' except Senegal

Two land animals Desert Fox and Teranga Lion[third place match]

Two air animals Super Eagle and Carthage Eagle[final match]

gbam !!! the oracle have spoken ...lol

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6586) (6587) (6588) (6589) (6590) (6591) (6592) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.