Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11604565 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6713) (6714) (6715) (6716) (6717) (6718) (6719) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
andrew444:

Man u will not be among the team to make it sweet jare

abi,
nah Chelsea,Mancity, Hotspur, Liverpool, West ham
go make am sweet wella
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
do4luv14:

abi,
nah Chelsea,Mancity, Hotspur, Liverpool, West ham
go make am sweet wella

Lol, i dont see man you competing , like seriously
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

Iwobi can't be described as a benchwarmer

Arsenal FC is in advance talk with Ivorian winger, Nicolas Pepe. I hope we wouldn't see less of Iwobi in Arsenal's colour next season ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
Joebie:
As one of the overaged players abi?
Yep. I just want him to mix with our next generation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2019
Iheancho doing his thing...score again today

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
komekn:

Tell me one players that can do what Chuks does in our current set of players.

[b][/b]Aribo plays almost like the old fashioned enforcer he is similar to Ndidi but drives forward more like Gerar[b][/b]d with a decent shot.
That's why I said he is a two way box to box midfielder. Definitely more comfortable on the ball than Ndidi.
Chuks is an AM that can play as a CM and bring a bit of creativity and physicality to the side.
I don't mind getting both tbh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Famocious:

Arsenal FC is in advance talk with Ivorian winger, Nicolas Pepe. I hope we wouldn't see less of Iwobi in Arsenal's colour next season ..

We have said that before and Iwobi still plays. He will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
Clubs signs players to have more depth. Iwobi style of play suits emery and I forever doubt that he will be sold. He musnt start all matches and arsenal have over 40 matches to play next season
Famocious:

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
Oga aneke I doubt will get a call up. He is 26 already and hv been a veteran in the lower leagues of English football. He have to do something extraordinary to get a call up.

Rohr who believes in younger talents will instead prefer giving the likes of Eze and ejaria a chance than turning to a 26 year old league 2 veteran cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
edi287:

That's why I said he is a two way box to box midfielder. Definitely more comfortable on the ball than Ndidi.
Chuks is an AM that can play as a CM and bring a bit of creativity and physicality to the side.
I don't mind getting both tbh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
Chai nacho Thank God, I just hope he performs better when the league kicks off
bishop88:
Iheancho doing his thing...score again today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lille OSC have reached an agreement with RSC Charleroi for the signature of Victor Osimhen.

(� Foot Mercato)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
Kelechi makes it goal number 3 in 2 games.

A confidence booster for the lad ..I'm happy for him

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1155122330160521216?s=19

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1155142498710429702?s=19

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
Famocious:

I pray and hope he continues dis way,we need his form back cool

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
oga, these are the issues I am looking at.
1. Will they potentially bring something new to the team, considering the void we have in the team position-wise?
2. Will they potentially bring something new to the team, considering their playing style?
3. have they been tested at a higher level recently? Performance-wise how do they fare, even if na just one match or preseason.

Aribo ticks all the boxes above. A player, to me doesn't get automatic rating only just because he is in a higher league. He still has to perform in that league, to get a rating. The season is just about to start, and the only thing expected of a forward is to score goals. Let us wait and see about Aneke.
For Aribo, he is already getting rave reviews in RAngers. Although it is still too early, I can recognize that from his style of play, he could prove a good option. But we have players like Ajayi who is ahead of him. But I consider Ajayi already in the SE set up.

What Chuks was in League two and League one is irrelevant to me. Until he performs as a striker in the championship, there is no talk of present continues performance.

komekn:

Everything should be based on continous consistent top quality performances in thier respective in and league.

By the way you, Eéeeeeee be like sai you contradict yourself. In saying that Aribo is ready for the SE and not Chuks

Because you said the Chuks has not been tested at a higher level implying that Aribo has.

Chuks was the most outstanding player in league one two seasons ago before MK Dons got relegated check his stats goals and assists. MK Dons refused to sell him blatantly after several firm offers from Championship clubs.

He was also the most outstanding player in league two.

He is now in the Championship and Aribo is in a much lower league. Rangers as a club is on league one level England.

So your proposition is contradictory.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
Central Defence- Hoping to see 2-3 additions.
Options: Uduokhai Felix, Fikayo Tomori, Junior Pius.... Etc

Central /Attacking midfield- Hoping to see between 4-5 additions. I am thinking of our bench too. 2 more for AM, 3 for CM. We can always add a DM.
True Options: Joe Aribo, Ebere Eze, Azubuike Okechukwu, Abdul Zubairu, Kelechi Nwakali (pending club situation), Semi Ajayi (who can also deputise in CB), Ovie Ejaria... Etc

Not-far-off options (Give them like 3 seasons Max): Nnamdi Oforborh, Tom Dele Bashiru, Kingsley Michael, etc.

CF/ST role- The likes of Osimhen, Awoniyi, Odey, Okereke are the present and the future. Iheanacho's return to form too will be highly anticipated and key.

Well said Charles.

charlesemeka85:
The positions we need more quality is the central defence, midfield and striking positions.

I pray Rohr can be able to lure tomori and uduokhai. Both with awaziem will be good understudy to omeruo, ekong and aging balogun.

In midfield we need atleast 3 midfielders to add to the duo of ndidi and etebo. John ogu should kiss the super eagles goodbye.

In attack, I pray nacho rediscover his MOJO, oshimeh and awoniyi to continue their development in their prospective new clubs.

Also Okereke plays as a top striker atimes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Lille OSC have reached an agreement with RSC Charleroi for the signature of Victor Osimhen.

(� Foot Mercato)

Unveil the New Super Striker!!! Unveil!! UNVEIL!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
Already anticipating a CB pairing of him and Awaziem at the U-23 Afcon and hopefully at Olympics 2020.

ChrisKels:
Staying put at Gala(first team) . Already getting kudos from the Gala faithfuls for his displays so far in the preseason. One to keep an eye on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
Kelechi nwakali and azubuike? No no no!
TheSuperNerd:

Central /Attacking midfield- Hoping to see between 4-5 additions. I am thinking of our bench too. 2 more for AM, 3 for CM. We can always add a DM.
True Options: Joe Aribo, Ebere Eze, Azubuike Okechukwu, Abdul Zubairu, Kelechi Nwakali (pending club situation), Semi Ajayi (who can also deputise in CB), Ovie Ejaria... Etc

Not-far-off options (Give them like 3 seasons Max): Nnamdi Oforborh, Tom Dele Bashiru, Kingsley Michael, etc.

CF/ST role- The likes of Osimhen, Awoniyi, Odey, Okereke are the present and the future. Iheanacho's return to form too will be highly anticipated and key.

Well said Charles.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

True Options: Joe Aribo, Ebere Eze, Azubuike Okechukwu, Abdul Zubairu, Kelechi Nwakali (pending club situation), Semi Ajayi (who can also deputise in CB).

Well said Charles.

I disagree with your true midfield options.. Aribo, Nwakali and Zubairu are not true options. I will argue the Ofoborh will become a super eagles player before all three.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2019
Glad to see KC score with his right foot. Somebody has been training hard grin

Famocious:

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1155122330160521216?s=19

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1155142498710429702?s=19

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2019
If Aneke tears up the Championship, he will definitely get a call up. That's what Tega Abraham did to get attention.

modified
He is not old. How old was Ighalo when he was tearing up the championship?

charlesemeka85:
Oga aneke I doubt will get a call up. He is 26 already and hv been a veteran in the lower leagues of English football. He have to do something extraordinary to get a call up.

Rohr who believes in younger talents will instead prefer giving the likes of Eze and ejaria a chance than turning to a 26 year old league 2 veteran cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
Ofoborh who is yet to play top flight football? Aribo and zubairu yes buh Nwakali? No!
tbaba1234:

I disagree with your true midfield options.. Aribo, Nwakali and Zubairu are not true options. I will argue the Ofoborh will become a super eagles player before all three.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
Ofoborh could overtake. That is possible. Same as Bashiru. But I just wanna play safe by classing them as Not-far-off option because they just came from the U-20s.

K.Nwakali is already a key player for Nigeria's U-23s and that alone may get him chances with the Super Eagles going forward although his club career really needs to be stabilised. That guy's case is quite Perculiar because he is yet to put a foot wrong in the GWG even though he isn't stable at club level yet. His talents are not in doubt.

Joe Aribo is already ahead of Ofoborh and Bashiru for now. Lad could get a look in if he performs in the UEL. With Ogu likely gone and Mikel no longer in the picture. Aribo could get a shout soon.

Zubairu is still in Slovakia with AS Trencin and his chance is a long shot but he has been noticed already by Rohr and the U-23 crew. Just that now, he is considered behind K.nwakali and A.okechukwu. He had a very decent UEL showing last season.

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2019
Joebie:

Joining the Drills Club soon?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
Joebie:

You can say that again ..the two goals are sumptuous
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
grin under Pep for that matter lol
TheSuperNerd:

Joining the Drills Club soon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
I keep calling Kelechi Nwakali because I have this Niggling feeling. His status currently with the U-23 team puts him in with a solid chance for now. He only needs to find a decent club and get regular playing time.

Azubuike Okechukwu who just got signed by Istanbul BB?? And a key player too for our Nigerian U-23 Dream Team VII?? This your "NO" is not born again. grin

charlesemeka85:
Kelechi nwakali and azubuike? No no no!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2019
I once had high hopes on Nwakali jnr after the U17 world cup triumph but his instability since moving to Europe hv been annoying.

To me he doesn't seem like a serious type and it also seem the hype and rave got into his head.

I will only regard him again if he starts performing in club level but until then he remains a pretender who flattered to deceive. I will even prefer ejaria in the super eagles instead of him
TheSuperNerd:
Ofoborh could overtake. That is possible. Same as Bashiru. But I just wanna play safe by classing them as Not-far-off option because they just came from the U-20s.

K.Nwakali is already a key player for Nigeria's U-23s and that alone may get him chances with the Super Eagles going forward although his club career really needs to be stabilised. That guy's case is quite Perculiar because he is yet to put a foot wrong in the GWG even though he isn't stable at club level yet. His talents are not in doubt.

Joe Aribo is already ahead of Ofoborh and Bashiru for now. Lad could get a look in if he performs in the UEL. With Ogu likely gone and Mikel no longer in the picture. Aribo could get a shout soon.

Zubairu is still in Slovakia with AS Trencin and his chance is a long shot but he has been noticed already by Rohr and the U-23 crew. Just that now, he is considered behind K.nwakali and A.okechukwu. He had a very decent UEL showing last season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
This u23 team how many matches have they played? The away game against Libya which they lost nwakali was woeful but was decent in the return leg

What's working for him that warrants a call up to the u23 is his past exploit with the U17 team and also some big men in the nff who he happens to be there boy if not I see no reason a bench warmer in Porto B team will be part of the talented u23 team.

Zubairu, ovie ejaria are far talented than he is and have atleast distinguished themselves in uel and leagues in the Croatian top tier, English 2nd tier and Scottish league while the over hyped Nwakali can't cut it in lowly rated Portuguese 2nd tier.

Its high time we face reality rather than wallowing in the past
TheSuperNerd:
I keep calling Kelechi Nwakali because I have this Niggling feeling. His status currently with the U-23 team puts him in with a solid chance for now. He only needs to find a decent club and get regular playing time.

Azubuike Okechukwu who just got signed by Istanbul BB?? And a key player too for our Nigerian U-23 Dream Team VII?? This your "NO" is not born again. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
Ovie Ejaria has already shown himself good. He did decently enough at Rangers last season. Hr is back at Liverpool now and just needs to find a club (possibly on another loan), play regularly and further establish his talents. The young Pogba-like lad is good but need more exposure to further cement himself as a player who need not be loaned no more. I hope a good/decent club signs him soon after this 2019/2020 season where he is likely to be loaned out again.

charlesemeka85:
I once had high hopes on Nwakali jnr after the U17 world cup triumph but his instability since moving to Europe hv been annoying.

To me he doesn't seem like a serious type and it also seem the hype and rave got into his head.

I will only regard him again if he starts performing in club level but until then he remains a pretender who flattered to deceive. I will even prefer ejaria in the super eagles instead of him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
Even at that the reality also shows he has not failed to boss things with the U-23. Zubairu is considered behind K.Nwakali and Azubuike right now in the eyes of the U-23 coaches. Even Kingsley Michael is considered second fiddle. All 4 are talented midfielders but the ones picked from the start haven't failed yet.

charlesemeka85:
This u23 team how many matches have they played? The away game against Libya which they lost nwakali was woeful but was decent in the return league.

What's working for him that warrants a call up to the u23 is his past exploit with the U17 team and also some big men in the nff who he happens to be there boy if not I see no reason a bench warmer in Porto B team will be part of the talented u23 team.

Zubairu, ovie ejaria are far talented than he is and have atleast distinguished themselves in uel and leagues in the Croatian top tier, English 2nd tier and Scottish league while the over hyped Nwakali can't cut it in lowly rated Portuguese 2nd tier.

Its high time we face reality rather than wallowing in the past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
He is likely to sign for reading in the championship
TheSuperNerd:

Ovie Ejaria has already shown himself good. He did decently enough at Rangers last season. Hr is back at Liverpool now and just needs to find a club (possibly on another loan), play regularly and further establish his talents. The young Pogba-like lad is good but need more exposure to further cement himself as a player who need not be loaned no more. I hope a good/decent club signs him soon after this 2019/2020 season where he is likely to be loaned out again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6713) (6714) (6715) (6716) (6717) (6718) (6719) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.